1. #1

    Glyphs and Talents

    With so many baseline abilities becoming talents, are they planning on letting us use glyphs on talents now? Like Glyph of Stars for Moonkin?

    Does that mean older glyphs could return, like red/green wraith walk?

    Or are we just gonna lose more glyphs again?

    Fffffffffffffucking what

  2. #2
    Scarab Lord TriHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Posts
    4,341
    who cares lmao

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    who cares lmao
    This is literally more important to me than talents being organized into tree-shapes

    Glyphs rule, moonkin form is ugly

  4. #4
    I miss the Ascendance glyph that worked a bit like the druid glyph for moonkin form.

    I hate looking at the ascendant model as it represents a reprehensible ritual by Twilight Hammer fanatics.

    Not to mention the horrendously outdated model animations.

    Rather just become slightly opaque and the color your current specialization represents.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

  5. #5
    Glyphs are... a stupid system. Could have been good. But isn't.

    Get rid of it. Make something better. Quest to unlock cosmetic effects and change at the class trainer.
    Inscription as a whole is rather useless. Either get rid of it, move it into entchanting/herbalism/alchemy or completly rework it with a new everygreen system which utilizes inscription.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Glyphs are... a stupid system. Could have been good. But isn't.

    Get rid of it. Make something better. Quest to unlock cosmetic effects and change at the class trainer.
    Inscription as a whole is rather useless. Either get rid of it, move it into entchanting/herbalism/alchemy or completly rework it with a new everygreen system which utilizes inscription.
    I'm fine with some of them being crafted, I just think we need a proper Collection tab for them, and like a shit ton more of them. Everywhere. Renown Vendors could have sold anima-appearances for spells. Like replacing your warlock Shadow Bolt with a Necrolord green projectile, or giving the Ashen Hollow appearance to Consecration.

    Shit, a glyph could be sold alongside the Dark Ranger transmog they just released, turning Rapid Fire purple and black. Open the floodgattteeesss

  7. #7
    The Undying Lochton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    36,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    With so many baseline abilities becoming talents, are they planning on letting us use glyphs on talents now? Like Glyph of Stars for Moonkin?

    Does that mean older glyphs could return, like red/green wraith walk?

    Or are we just gonna lose more glyphs again?

    Fffffffffffffucking what
    Glyphs are most likely to stay as caretakers for spell customization.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Glyphs are most likely to stay as caretakers for spell customization.
    With so many spells changed to talents, what glyphs would be left if they werent usable on talents?

  9. #9
    The Undying Lochton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    36,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    With so many spells changed to talents, what glyphs would be left if they werent usable on talents?
    The spells you change with talents, change in your book where you apply the glyph. What glyphs need, is a UI rebirth, for the whole, applying to spell book thing, is bullshit. And there are still plenty of glyphs, we could just use more.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    The spells you change with talents, change in your book where you apply the glyph. What glyphs need, is a UI rebirth, for the whole, applying to spell book thing, is bullshit. And there are still plenty of glyphs, we could just use more.
    I completely agree.

    I'm just afraid theyre going to take the path of least resistance and delete more glyphs instead of letting us use them on talents.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    This is literally more important to me than talents being organized into tree-shapes

    Glyphs rule, moonkin form is ugly
    Omg. I hadn't even considered that yet. Hopefully we can get the glyph still or at least select the form at the barber.
    #1) MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    #2) Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game... but what loser only comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users?
    #3)Felating Blizzard too eagerly may lead to oxygen deficiency and worst case asphyxiation. Long-term effects range from delusions up to cerebral necrosis. #4) The WoW playerbase doesn't deserve housing.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Glyphs are... a stupid system. Could have been good. But isn't.

    Get rid of it. Make something better. Quest to unlock cosmetic effects and change at the class trainer.
    Inscription as a whole is rather useless. Either get rid of it, move it into entchanting/herbalism/alchemy or completly rework it with a new everygreen system which utilizes inscription.
    I love how instead of just not doing something completely optional, you want it removed because you don't like it.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    I love how instead of just not doing something completely optional, you want it removed because you don't like it.
    Well i obviously like the idea behind it. Otherwise i would have just wrote like you out it: "Remove It!"
    I want the system of glyohs made more intersting. Also the whole system of glyohs are only a shadow of what it once was.
    Now it is just tedious. Diffcult to see what glyph you have active.

    Putting visual changes to your char behind this system is unneccesary und dull. Like i said. Make it into something more interesting by utilizing quests and class trainers.

    I don't want to get rid of the resultof glyphs and the changes it brings i want to get rid of the way you achiv it. I.e. glyphs.

    Just because something is THERE doesn't mean i cannot say i want Blizz to make it better. Or change it up.

    Yes it is optional. I use it. And i think its current iteration is boring and basically shit.
    I do NOT want ot get rid of it without getting something with an equal result but more interesting way to aquire in return...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •