Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Y'Shaarj has nine eyes

Not seven eyes

And has a serpent-like shape.

Y'Shaarj doesn't seem to be the seven-eyed black goat mentioned in the Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by olddog View Post

Not seven eyes

Y'Shaarj doesn't seem to be the seven-eyed black goat mentioned in the Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron.

Because he was never referred to about having seven eyes in the first place. And the goat reference was never implied to be Y'Shaarj anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Because he was never referred to about having seven eyes in the first place. And the goat reference was never implied to be Y'Shaarj anyway.
    Well, the first time we got art of Y'Shaarj it was difficult to make out the two smaller eyes next to its whiskers. People thought it might have seven eyes and the horns are goat-like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not seven eyes

I'm a little confused... Where is the supposed connection? I don't recall any lore subject connecting the goat with Y'shaarj.

And if it was, wouldn't a being of corruption be able to turn into what they wish in your mind? Even if dead, Y'shaarj could still project visions.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

What is interesting is that Y'Shaarj's depiction in Canon and Hearthstone matches the description of a "crooked serpent" as mentioned by doom cultists found in Dalaran in 7.3:

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked serpent feasts on stars.
    We also know that the Void Lord exists beyond the stars, and jealously observe the stars waiting for any gateway to manifest themselves.

However, the cultist also mention that:

It has no eyes to see, but it dreams of infinite endings and beginnings.
    Which would imply that the quote is not referring to any Old God or even Void Lord, since they are all depicted with eyes (Dimensius the All-Devouring is a manifested Void Lord, btw, and he was depicted with glowing eyes).

Still, it could just be a metaphorical phrase. They have "no eyes" because, like the Light, they cannot actually see the truth. They basically see all potential timelines (they "dream" of "infinite endings and beginnings" = they see all potential outcomes in the space-time continuum), but are "blind" in the sense that they cannot determine which is the correct one that will actually happen.

What I'm wondering is if that cultist was referring to a Void Lord. Dimensius, a manifested Void Lord, was depicted as a generic void elemental. But he appeared in TBC, long before the Void Lords were established to be the true masterminds and creators of the Old Gods. And it was just an avatar that manifested in K'aresh anyway.

It could be that the Void Lords created the Old Gods in their image, like God did to Man. And thus, that cultist could have been referring to the Void Lord who created Y'Shaarj in his image, so with 9 eyes. And since Y'Shaarj was the strongest Old God, his creator would have been the strongest Void Lord.

But even if this were not the case, we are told by Danuser that when Cosmic beings (like Old Gods and Naaru) are slain in the Mortal plane, they simply return to their Cosmic plane of origin. So the madman could have been referring to Y'Shaarj's essence, who would have returned to the Void after his complete and utter destruction in the physical world at the end of 5.4. So Y'Shaarj is still active in the Void.

Suffice to say, the Void Lords expansion can't come soon enough. There are many answers that must be given to many questions.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-06-04 at 02:26 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Are you sure about that? Klaxxi disapproves
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2022-06-04 at 08:14 PM.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

I always thought the 7 eyed goat was N'zoth. We got another quest mentioning a "many eyed goat" in BFA.

Ya'll given to much credit to a company that willingly admits it seldom plans and changes things on the fly.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Ya'll given to much credit to a company that willingly admits it seldom plans and changes things on the fly.
    They plan things all the time, but they do change things at given points in time(Like Denathrius originally being dead at first.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I hate how the official art doesn't portray him having seven heads. This is what he should look like according to the lore:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I hate how the official art doesn't portray him having seven heads. This is what he should look like according to the lore:
    Yeah, I just tell myself that's one head. I like to imagine Y'Shaarj as basically this monstrous tree, rooted into the land.

Not seven eyes

better have nine penises

Y'Shaarj, should have been the true endboss of MoP. In a way he was through his heart and influence over Garrosh.

Y'Shaarj, should fully manifest in wow, DF is a good start to do it, if its close to cataclysm and MoP as it looks like. Wonder why the Klaxxi and Sha did not revive him in MoP?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    Y'Shaarj, should have been the true endboss of MoP. In a way he was through his heart and influence over Garrosh.

Y'Shaarj, should fully manifest in wow, DF is a good start to do it, if its close to cataclysm and MoP as it looks like. Wonder why the Klaxxi and Sha did not revive him in MoP?
    They never had the heart. Seems like Garrosh was on his way to doing that, what with all the whispering and the visions, but the resurrection was thwarted and the power extinguished.

When it comes to an Old God revival, I have my hopes set on Yogg-Saron still. His corpse is just sitting there at Ulduar, oozing all kinds of corruption, and Odyn's supposed to be there and will probably screw things up. And he hates dragons! There's your DF connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    They never had the heart. Seems like Garrosh was on his way to doing that, what with all the whispering and the visions, but the resurrection was thwarted and the power extinguished.

When it comes to an Old God revival, I have my hopes set on Yogg-Saron still. His corpse is just sitting there at Ulduar, oozing all kinds of corruption, and Odyn's supposed to be there and will probably screw things up. And he hates dragons! There's your DF connection.
    And, you know, the Janitor recently used all of Northrend's underground to funnel Azerite from all over the planet into the Forge of Souls.

Azerite, the same power that freed N'Zoth from his prison, was travelling underground all around the tentacles/corpse of Yogg-Saron.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    And, you know, the Janitor recently used all of Northrend's underground to funnel Azerite from all over the planet into the Forge of Souls.

Azerite, the same power that freed N'Zoth from his prison, was travelling underground all around the tentacles/corpse of Yogg-Saron.
    I mean, Sargeras stabbed Silithus, which means C'Thuns corpse shouldve been showered in Azerite, and yet nothing happened (so far).
    If any old god gets revived by Azerite, it should be C'Thun.

on topic: yah they really fcked up Y'Shaarjs design. He is supposed to have 7 heads, its literally his title. But in every artwork, we only see one head. Until they show otherwise, ill just assume thats one of the heads on a neck, with 6 others just like this connecting somewhere.
    Its also strange how Y'shaarj is the only old god who has defined features. He has a "normal" face, and even arms. The other OGs are basically blobs of flesh with tentacles.
    Last edited by Houle; 2022-06-10 at 08:32 PM.
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

I miss when old God lore was cryptic with apocalyptic overtones. They all turned out to be meek little single patch chumps. Total shame. Back when we had the cataclysm pre patch event and we had to run around all those doomsday cultists in SW and Org with pamphlets about N'zoth. Building him up for a decade.
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2022-06-11 at 03:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post

Yeah, i wonder why the twilight hammer should remain inactive, when actually thats their only way to restore back some old god glory.

Blizzard said they will explore in SL what happens with "dead" old gods.....but they did not keep that promise.

I thought that would be the single most important piece of lore ever in that expansion and it turns out to be a complete lore filler!

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a how many eyes do you see Facebook quiz in here somewhere.

The concept of a seven-headed serpent or beast appears in ancient Sumerian, ancient Greek, and Biblical mythology. So we should probably assume that's what Y'shaarj is riffing off.

Since Y'shaarj has neither seven eyes or seven heads, but does have seven distinct Sha, could just mean that seven eyes/heads references are metaphorical and represent the seven aspects of its horrible personality.