Question Right now, i just wonder/wanna know 2 things about Dragon

1. Will all, lets say cata and before, dragons models, npcs, mounts etc be getting a baseline remodel. They are pretty much vanillia beta in their looks, thats almost 20 years old

2. Can Hunters get a Dragon bonding 'warlock green fire' questline, with dragons/proto-drake, to be able to go out and tame/bond with dragons?

Found out you can already tame wind serpents; blizz instead add in long bois.
    Last edited by Kellorion; 2022-06-06 at 02:56 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    1. Will all, lets say cata and before, dragons models, npcs, mounts etc be getting a baseline remodel. They are pretty much vanillia beta in their looks, thats almost 20 years old

2. Can Hunters get a Dragon bonding 'warlock green fire' questline, with dragons/proto-drake, wind serpents, to be able to go out and tame/bond with dragons?
    Both those questions are a bit too soon. We will know once an alpha is running.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be

2. Can Hunters get a Dragon bonding 'warlock green fire' questline, with dragons/proto-drake, wind serpents, to be able to go out and tame/bond with dragons?
    I'd be very suprised if that wasn't the case.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I highly doubt we'll still be stuck with the pineapple-tailed crap vanilla dragons throughout the expac, that model as you stated is just too rough. They have been making better resolution textured dragons through the years like in Stormheim. But I agree the ones pre-Cata have got to get remodeled, even Frostwyrm is showing age.

1. I would say most likely but really depends how they get coded. My guess would be yes just because this is what happened with Legion, BfA and Shadowlands, that most of the models we've seen - i.e. Dragonspawn, dragons, gnolls, centaurs will replace the old ones.

2. Seems possible but I think you would more likely see something like protodrakes then fully sentient beings like drakes

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    d ones.

2. Seems possible but I think you would more likely see something like protodrakes then fully sentient beings like drakes

Well in my mind the questline would make it explicitly clear its a bonding, greater and more complex and necessary, then other taming, including stuff more legion artifacts.
    And hopefully, afterwards, the bond/taming would have a different look when connecting with a new dragon.
    Last edited by Kellorion; 2022-06-06 at 02:55 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Theyve been pretty inconsistent with updating models, but mostly updating from Cataclysm content onward, and ignoring models from before that. See: Demons in Outland, undead in Northrend, but undead and demons in Azeroth and Kalimdor. My bet is that theyll update the drakes in the original continents, but the ones in like Dragonblight will remain untouched. Mounts definitely arent getting updated, we'll probably have new quests to get the updated ones, like they did for the Battle for Azeroth nightsaber mounts and the Legion dragon pets.

My money is definitely on drake beast companions for hunters though. I'd love a drake customization for druids too but realize that one is more unlikely.

"Wind serpents" have been tameable for a while, and cloud serpents are unlockable as of 9.0.
    Last edited by Amnaught; 2022-06-05 at 10:27 PM.