Poll: Do you think Delaryn and other Forsaken night elves will ever rejoin the Alliance?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    Either that or they could always turn her into Cordana Felsong 2.0

    - - - Updated - - -



    Sorry, but I don't believe that whole schtick about him turning Sylvanas into a villain because of what happened to Garrosh. To me, He fully wanted Sylvanas to become the villain because it was gonna complete her whole arc. He was probably even considering to have her killed off in Shadowlands to complete her story until he got the boot. When Danuser took over after Afrasiabi's depature, he wanted to take Sylvanas in a different direction to where she COULD be redeemed, but the stuff Afrasiabi made her do was too great to ignore or justify those actions.... which is why we see this confusing mess of a character and why we have the Jailer be a big scapegoat to make Sylvanas seem less bad in comparison because y'know "He made her do it through Domination Magic" and after that they had to roll with that.

    That's just my theory, but it makes more sense than the supposed rumor that's been going on around... but that's a whole other discussion in of itself.
    Only that Sylvanas was not under influence of Domination magic. It was said many times that she acted on her own (in comparison to Anduin, who was in fact dominated) and not a single time she was excused to be mind controlled. On the contrary, Sylvanas admited her actions are her own and decided to face consequences. She was deceived, but still she knew what was doing and could decide to not do it.

    I agree that Jailer seem to be last minute villain to justify not just kill Sylvanas the moment we defeat her though...

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    If so, this is tragic.

    The Forsaken must truly be in a miserable and desperate state, if they are making one of their top military leaders do guard duty.

    It looks like the Forsaken are now the weakest playable race, military-wise. How ironic. They went from the conquerors of much of Lordaeron in Cataclysm, to refugees and scavengers in some city ruins, who leave guard duty to one of their generals.
    Delaryn wasn't part of the night elf military; she organized the defense in War of Thorns precisely because the military was absent. She's the captain of the guard, and as such, ensuring the protection of Brill makes perfect sense. You could argue that the captain of the guard shouldn't stand watch, sure, but some people prefer leading by example.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Should they? No.

    Will they? Maybe.
    They shouldn’t have even joined the horde to begin with.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    As long as the Night Elves don't show open hostility, I don't see some not returning.

    But knowing how Night Elves are, I understand why they would just stay in Undercity since the Forsaken is becoming a faction for all undead (spurned or not) rather than sycophantic zombies. If Calia's purpose is to provide a healing element for their collective trauma, that is definitely the place Delaryn would feel most at "home". She went through an unbearable amount of suffering and was convinced to betray her allies in a rage. Now she has nothing but anger, regret, etc. It's totally understandable why NEs like her would see a place w/ Calia and Voss' mentality as a safe place to stay until they're ready.

    Additionally, NEs are judgemental as hell. It's a society of purist virtue-signaling that only recently ate humble pie. Seeing Tyrande's reaction to them does give a bit of hope and now their new tree is going to be a mix of life/death magic. Maybe there will be a welcome place for them. They are victims too, just fortunate enough to get resurrected by Sylvanas and not go to the maw.
    The fuck you even talking about? “Faction of purists”? “Virtue signalling”? You just getting mad at a fictional race for the “sins” they did not commit.

    Yeah they were more strict then other races but i wouldnt call it “purism” considering how they were entirely “washed” of all uniqueness and any signs of bigotry.

    They let the Highborne in, Demon Hunters in, sacrifice their own in wars for other races, they basically have no racism by now, even after Alliance essentially turned their backs on them.

    Also the whole undead night elves serving was bullshit idea to begin with, and should not continue for any longer.

  4. #24
    These guys betrayed their own people for and without any true reason, joined the whore and butcher who caused their deaths and sufferings, and of their own friends and families, in the first place with even less reasons in a storyline so stupid and horrible that I would have thrown it to the trash just upon reading the script.

    There is no reason, no excuse for the Night Elves to ever forgive them or welcome them back nor to nlt exorcise them with Elune's light on sight.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Yetanothernewbie View Post
    Could be worse. They could be Void Elves.
    Last I checked, the top-ranking leaders of the Ren'dorei (Alleria and Magister Umbric) are not forced to do guard duty for lack of manpower.

  6. #26
    Moderator Rozz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    8,123
    Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    They shouldn’t have even joined the horde to begin with.

    - - - Updated - - -



    The fuck you even talking about? “Faction of purists”? “Virtue signalling”? You just getting mad at a fictional race for the “sins” they did not commit.

    Yeah they were more strict then other races but i wouldnt call it “purism” considering how they were entirely “washed” of all uniqueness and any signs of bigotry.

    They let the Highborne in, Demon Hunters in, sacrifice their own in wars for other races, they basically have no racism by now, even after Alliance essentially turned their backs on them.

    Also the whole undead night elves serving was bullshit idea to begin with, and should not continue for any longer.
    Maybe.. read the rest of the sentence and don't get mad about others describing fictional people??

    That's such a weird thing to get upset over.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    Maybe.. read the rest of the sentence and don't get mad about others describing fictional people??

    That's such a weird thing to get upset over.
    I mean, you basically accused the Night elves of being too judgemental, when that's the same for the Forsaken.

    They are so judgemental, that Sylvanas literally wanted to kill Vereesa and her children, because she thought that the living could never possibly be accepted by the Forsaken of the Undercity. Sounds pretty judgemental to me.

    It remains to be seen if the Forsaken will ever get rid of their prejudice towards all living. The prejudice that convinced Sylvanas to kill her sister and nephews, thinking that a living family could never be welcomed by the Forsaken.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-06-06 at 02:18 PM.

  8. #28
    Moderator Rozz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    8,123
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I mean, you basically accused the Night elves of being too judgemental, when that's the same for the Forsaken.

    They are so judgemental, that Sylvanas literally wanted to kill Vereesa and her children, because she thought that the living could never possibly be accepted by the Forsaken of the Undercity. Sounds pretty judgemental to me.

    It remains to be seen if the Forsaken will ever get rid of their prejudice towards all living. The prejudice that convinced Sylvanas to kill her sister and nephews, thinking that a living family could never be welcomed by the Forsaken.
    It doesn't matter, not everything is an invitation to argue about irrelevant stuff. I said a true statement about their race. That's their gimmick. A high and mighty noble race that learns to humble themselves and rebuild relations. I don't get how you can get defensive over that

    Or maybe bc I purposefully used buzzwords to accentuate the ridiculousness of how they used to be? Eh...I don't flinch when someone calls BEs crack heads or Forsaken baby eaters... they definately were.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2022-06-06 at 02:32 PM.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    It doesn't matter, not everything is an invitation to argue about irrelevant stuff. I said a true statement about their race. That's their gimmick. A high and mighty noble race that learns to humble themselves and rebuild relations. I don't get how you can get defensive over that

    Or maybe bc I purposefully used buzzwords to accentuate the ridiculousness of how they used to be? Eh...I don't flinch when someone calls BEs crack heads or Forsaken baby eaters... they definately were.
    Because you said that Delaryn and co. would refuse to go back to the Night elves due to them being too judgemental. The point we are telling you is that then, following your logic, they wouldn't stay in the Forsaken either, since they are also judgemental.

    For instance, Delaryn and her guards killed many Forsaken in the War of Thorns, a parallel of Sylvanas killing many Scourge during the defense of Quel'Thalas. Surely not every surviving Forsaken will be as accepting of Delaryn and co. as Calia. After all, who knows how many Forsaken lost their comrades to the ferocity of the Night elf defenders.

    I don't flinch when someone calls BEs crack heads or Forsaken baby eaters... they definately were.
    One could argue that they were all those things at the same time. The Forsaken are definitely crack heads for anything slimy, and the Blood elves... well... weren't they basically eating mana whelplings (like in the TBC trailer...)? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

  10. #30
    Moderator Rozz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    8,123
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Because you said that Delaryn and co. would refuse to go back to the Night elves due to them being too judgemental. The point we are telling you is that then, following your logic, they wouldn't stay in the Forsaken either, since they are also judgemental.

    For instance, Delaryn and her guards killed many Forsaken in the War of Thorns, a parallel of Sylvanas killing many Scourge during the defense of Quel'Thalas. Surely not every surviving Forsaken will be as accepting of Delaryn and co. as Calia. After all, who knows how many Forsaken lost their comrades to the ferocity of the Night elf defenders.



    One could argue that they were all those things at the same time. The Forsaken are definitely crack heads for anything slimy, and the Blood elves... well... weren't they basically eating mana whelplings (like in the TBC trailer...)? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    No I didn't. Read the first sentence of the post. Then the last sentence of the first paragraph. Then the last two sentences of the second paragraph..or the entire second paragraph.

    You didn't have a point, you got upset because you saw buzzwords and ignored everything else based on assumption rather than the actual post... And I don't care about your Forsaken example, because it doesn't even matter?
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

  11. #31
    Frankly I just want Blizz to drop that entire plot, it's a painful mess, but if they do have to continue, it's better that they go back to the Alliance...

    Do I think Blizz will do that? No, sadly.
    Twas brillig

  12. #32

  13. #33
    Scarab Lord KOUNTERPARTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    VAULTHALLA
    Posts
    4,912
    Not if Greymane has anything to do with it.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Frankly I just want Blizz to drop that entire plot, it's a painful mess, but if they do have to continue, it's better that they go back to the Alliance...

    Do I think Blizz will do that? No, sadly.
    Yep, this storyline shouldn't even exist in the first place or it should have been thrown to the trash as soon as executives of Blizzard read it.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrorthatflapsinthenight View Post
    Yep, this storyline shouldn't even exist in the first place or it should have been thrown to the trash as soon as executives of Blizzard read it.
    Its like an apotheosis of Blizz writing.

    Unnecessary, destroys existing lore, makes one part of the playerbase angry and gives nothing to another… not to mention how it also totally redundant and offers nothing new, but repeats old beats with less effort and “soul”.

    Peak Blizz writing.

  16. #36
    Who cares, according to lore night elves despise undead, since they stand against everything they cherish, so them being welcomed by their kin would be quite strange, but we all know blizz doesn't care about anything older than two major patch cycles.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Who cares, according to lore night elves despise undead, since they stand against everything they cherish, so them being welcomed by their kin would be quite strange, but we all know blizz doesn't care about anything older than two major patch cycles.
    Yeah thats why Tyrande called for them to come back and felt wracked by sadness when they didnt during Darkshore events. And thats why she spared the undead warden who was openly insulting and taunting her. And thats why Alliance and night elves allowed any undead night elf to return if they wish to.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Yeah thats why Tyrande called for them to come back and felt wracked by sadness when they didnt during Darkshore events. And thats why she spared the undead warden who was openly insulting and taunting her. And thats why Alliance and night elves allowed any undead night elf to return if they wish to.
    As I said blizz is very shitty with consistency

    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Ask...wers_-_Round_4

    Can I ask what the general opinion of DKs and Highborne are in night elf society? Is xenophobia still part of their culture?
    We cannot speak for every night elf on this topic, but it is safe to assume that the night elves abhor the death knights. Their very existence is unnatural, which goes against everything kaldorei culture stands for.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    As I said blizz is very shitty with consistency

    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Ask...wers_-_Round_4

    Can I ask what the general opinion of DKs and Highborne are in night elf society? Is xenophobia still part of their culture?
    We cannot speak for every night elf on this topic, but it is safe to assume that the night elves abhor the death knights. Their very existence is unnatural, which goes against everything kaldorei culture stands for.
    The whole "undead night elves" shouldnt have even being a thing. But fuck it if them being Horde is not the worst story beat we had since... Well since every story bear in Shadowlands and BfA.

    Because Delaryn even says she is only staying because she is not sure she will be welcome back and regrets her actions at Darkshore.

    Then WHY IS SHE STAYING since it will inevitably cause her to do MORE of those same actions she is so ashamed of! She could have easily left and joined any of dozens neutral groups that would welcome her expertise and not bring her in conflict with other faction.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    The whole "undead night elves" shouldnt have even being a thing. But fuck it if them being Horde is not the worst story beat we had since... Well since every story bear in Shadowlands and BfA.
    It is the same category as having humans joining the forsaken ranks, but they pretty much destroyed that avenue, by turning undeath into a skin condition, that stuff used to screw people over, except for very few. But with their new spin it is just a travesty, no matter how you look at it, which makes it hilarious.

    Because Delaryn even says she is only staying because she is not sure she will be welcome back and regrets her actions at Darkshore.

    Then WHY IS SHE STAYING since it will inevitably cause her to do MORE of those same actions she is so ashamed of! She could have easily left and joined any of dozens neutral groups that would welcome her expertise and not bring her in conflict with other faction.
    Because forsaken yadda yadda and she is just a convenient writer tool to use for conflict later on.
    Last edited by Combatbulter; 2022-06-07 at 09:04 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •