Poll: Do you think Delaryn and other Forsaken night elves will ever rejoin the Alliance?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    It is the same category as having humans joining the forsaken ranks, but they pretty much destroyed that avenue, by turning undeath into a skin condition, that stuff used to screw people over, except for very few. But with their new spin it is just a travesty, no matter how you look at it, which makes it hilarious.
    I wasnt buying it before, now i am not buying it at all. Whole "convenient" aspect of all undead auto-locking to Forsaken by default (aside from a few examples during the first starting quests) was just Blizz wanting to have their pie of "ooooh scary undead raising their victims" and "oh its totes not Scourge and not mind control, they just somehow vicious towards EVERYTHING but their killers".

    Forsaken are the source of most dumbass controversies in the game, purely for the sake of "rule of cool" thats not even that cool, just unnecessary edgy and convenient. Like a mallgoth with a cig at the parking lot.

    Delaryn and other night elves by their own admission would be better off literally ANYWHERE but the Horde since they will end up fighting their own... but they cant go back to Alliance because they fought their own and feel guilty over it.

    That would make a smidgeon of sense if undead were widely prosecuted around Azeroth, but like every second organization, collective, group, coven, clique and band accepts the undead members no problems, even if they also have living, Alliance or fucken Light elements.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    I wasnt buying it before, now i am not buying it at all. Whole "convenient" aspect of all undead auto-locking to Forsaken by default (aside from a few examples during the first starting quests) was just Blizz wanting to have their pie of "ooooh scary undead raising their victims" and "oh its totes not Scourge and not mind control, they just somehow vicious towards EVERYTHING but their killers".

    Forsaken are the source of most dumbass controversies in the game, purely for the sake of "rule of cool" thats not even that cool, just unnecessary edgy and convenient. Like a mallgoth with a cig at the parking lot.

    Delaryn and other night elves by their own admission would be better off literally ANYWHERE but the Horde since they will end up fighting their own... but they cant go back to Alliance because they fought their own.

    That would make a smidgeon of sense if undead were widely prosecuted around Azeroth, but like every second organization, collective, group, coven, clique and band accepts the undead members no problems, even if they also have living, Alliance or fucken Light elements.
    Here is your problem, you expect a somewhat coherent story from blizz, with actual stakes, resolutions and logical consequences, but you won't get it. Blizz doesn't write that way, they write trashy superficial low budget comic book level stories, for a few oh snap moments, no matter how little sense they make and then they get back to writing the next sketch, burying the old disregarding it, if they find something else, that strikes their fancy.

    Just look at the jailer ingame voice lines, it tells you all you need to know how much they value their story .Blizz rewrote, pretty much the entire story so far for that dude.

    Canon changes all the time, what is correct today is wrong tomorrow and I personally love the sheer insanity of it all, because it is just bland and so hilarious when they try to emote sadness, I had to laugh at quite a few cut scenes because I know the entire background. People were shocked at Teldrassil I had a laughing fit, since it was just so bad XD
    Last edited by Combatbulter; 2022-06-07 at 09:19 PM.

  3. #43
    Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ...location, location!
    Posts
    13,809
    Quote Originally Posted by OwenBurton View Post
    "Squallid Lady"
    I just want to say this is a terrible name, no offense. "Pale Lady" is loads better, and the only conflict (which could also be a benefit) is that one of the moons of Azeroth is named that. Hell, you could do "The Marble Lady" or "The Ghostly Lady".

  4. #44
    They should do nothing, because they should be brushed under the carpet by Blizzard. The whole part of them joining the Forsaken in the first place because Blizzard was trying to retcon in the idea that Forsaken is just a catch-all term for all free-willed undead and as such those Night Elves joining their killers was the obvious choice was so utterly idiotic the whole cast involved should be Me'daned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Here is your problem, you expect a somewhat coherent story from blizz, with actual stakes, resolutions and logical consequences, but you won't get it. Blizz doesn't write that way, they write trashy superficial low budget comic book level stories, for a few oh snap moments, no matter how little sense they make and then they get back to writing the next sketch, burying the old disregarding it, if they find something else, that strikes their fancy.
    Sadly true. Warcraft was never great literature (except to some truly delusional people), but it has definitely degraded over time. What we get now though almost makes "BElves in spaceships shooting down retconned space goats" and "There must always be a Lich King" look good.

  6. #46
    Pandaren Monk ThatsOurEric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,790
    Strong no. The undead are too much of a negative stigma for not just Night Elves (given the Burning of Teledrassil)
    but also for other races of the Alliance, namely the humans.

    You have some that sure, want their undead loved ones back, but most are going to be a hard "NO" on that ever
    happening.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    No I didn't. Read the first sentence of the post. Then the last sentence of the first paragraph. Then the last two sentences of the second paragraph..or the entire second paragraph.

    You didn't have a point, you got upset because you saw buzzwords and ignored everything else based on assumption rather than the actual post... And I don't care about your Forsaken example, because it doesn't even matter?
    Not even you, a moderator, can talk "badly" about Alliance races.

    Only Horde races and Horde players can be laughed at, mocked and insulted on MMO champion now.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Not even you, a moderator, can talk "badly" about Alliance races.

    Only Horde races and Horde players can be laughed at, mocked and insulted on MMO champion now.
    Well that's not true, I constantly call humans trash, narrative cancer and the like, since they are.

  9. #49
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    39,256
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Not even you, a moderator, can talk "badly" about Alliance races.

    Only Horde races and Horde players can be laughed at, mocked and insulted on MMO champion now.
    Depends on what you mean by "badly?" I find the humans in WoW to be bland and boring and feel similarly about the dwarves - these two races do not have much to set them apart from generic high fantasy races. I feel the Alliance would be better served if its marquee races were the Night Elves and the Draenei, the eldest and wisest of its people, and reflected their general aesthetic more than a human one.
    WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?. - Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Well that's not true, I constantly call humans trash, narrative cancer and the like, since they are.
    And Rozz stated, with evidence to back it up, that Night Elves are judgmental...but in a way which makes them interesting. Not your "goody goody" elves, but an arrogant branch of elves.

    It's ironic though that the Darnassus Elves have since become judgmental like their Highborne kin and their Highborne kin are the ones who have mellowed.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Depends on what you mean by "badly?" I find the humans in WoW to be bland and boring and feel similarly about the dwarves - these two races do not have much to set them apart from generic high fantasy races. I feel the Alliance would be better served if its marquee races were the Night Elves and the Draenei, the eldest and wisest of its people, and reflected their general aesthetic more than a human one.
    Well it's as what was stated and she has evidence to back it up.
    Night Elves are a judgmental race - we've seen it before.

    It goes right back to the start of Azshara's reign, when she despised everything Hyjal stood for. It's look, it's animals, it's creatures...everything. From that point, it's become more and more apparent with the Night Elves

  11. #51
    Moderator Cloudmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Celestial Planetarium
    Posts
    1,815
    I’m not so sure but even if they will we will have an additional customization option for night elves just like we have for dark rangers now.
    Behold my new creation!


  12. #52
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    39,256
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Well it's as what was stated and she has evidence to back it up.
    Night Elves are a judgmental race - we've seen it before.

    It goes right back to the start of Azshara's reign, when she despised everything Hyjal stood for. It's look, it's animals, it's creatures...everything. From that point, it's become more and more apparent with the Night Elves
    I wouldn't say that the Night Elves are judgmental "as a race," because as a race they're pretty varied when it comes to their specific views on the other races. The ancient Night Elves of Azshara's time tended to be judgmental and superior, sure; but the twin traumas of the War of the Ancients and the Sundering have made them re-evaluate much of their society. The modern Night Elves are an uneven mix of cultural throwbacks like Maiev, Staghelm, and their ilk alongside more progressive individuals like Malfurion and Shandris, with some falling into a more moderate bracket like Tyrande herself. The Night Elves are largely led by their more progressive representatives, though; which tends to hide some of the more traditional (and xenophobic) aspects of their society.
    WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?. - Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Depends on what you mean by "badly?" I find the humans in WoW to be bland and boring and feel similarly about the dwarves - these two races do not have much to set them apart from generic high fantasy races. I feel the Alliance would be better served if its marquee races were the Night Elves and the Draenei, the eldest and wisest of its people, and reflected their general aesthetic more than a human one.
    humans and dwarves are interesting when they're dealing with intestinal conflicts and game of power. If we make a return to high fantasy, this is a direction I can follow. But they've never tried this in game so I'm quite pessimistic ^^

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I wouldn't say that the Night Elves are judgmental "as a race," because as a race they're pretty varied when it comes to their specific views on the other races. The ancient Night Elves of Azshara's time tended to be judgmental and superior, sure; but the twin traumas of the War of the Ancients and the Sundering have made them re-evaluate much of their society. The modern Night Elves are an uneven mix of cultural throwbacks like Maiev, Staghelm, and their ilk alongside more progressive individuals like Malfurion and Shandris, with some falling into a more moderate bracket like Tyrande herself. The Night Elves are largely led by their more progressive representatives, though; which tends to hide some of the more traditional (and xenophobic) aspects of their society.
    True - I guess I'm more into the aspects that Maiev carries in a way, because it's not a bad thing that Maiev isn't truly a nice person.

    She gives backbone to the Night Elves, even if she might have mellowed slightly since Illidan has gone.

    I mean, even the latest cinematic between Sylvanas and Tyrande, when the former looked over to the Night Elves as she walked towards the Arbiter, yes; Tyrande look angry, but did she look as intimidating as Maiev? Maiev's armor makes her intimidating because you don't know how she's looking at you.

    I understand that Maiev can't be used all the time as the voice actress has stated that doing her voice on a regular basis can give her a sore throat, but she always nails Maiev when the character does appear.
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2022-06-10 at 01:29 PM.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    True - I guess I'm more into the aspects that Maiev carries in a way, because it's not a bad thing that Maiev isn't truly a nice person.

    She gives backbone to the Night Elves, even if she might have mellowed slightly since Illidan has gone.

    I mean, even the latest cinematic between Sylvanas and Tyrande, when the former looked over to the Night Elves as she walked towards the Arbiter, yes; Tyrande look angry, but did she look as intimidating as Maiev? Maiev's armor makes her intimidating because you don't know how she's looking at you.

    I understand that Maiev can't be used all the time as the voice actress has stated that doing her voice on a regular basis can give her a sore throat, but she always nails Maiev when the character does appear.
    If Maiev and Fandral had replaced Tyrande and Malfurion at some time in the past as the leaders, I think the night elves could have avoided a lot of suffering, honestly. The Wardens and the Druids of the Flame working together against the Horde would have been very interesting. They would have been ruthless and relentlessly dedicated to furthering their people's interests, and would not have been subservient to human wishes at least.
    "Always you speak. Never do you listen! You ignore the lessons of Pandaria! You see, there is balance in all things. Wisdom etched in our very fur: Black and white. Darkness and light. When the last emperor hid our land from the rest of the world, he also preserved...our ancient enemy, the mantid. So it is with your Alliance and your Horde. They are not strong despite one another; they are strong BECAUSE of one another. You mistake your greatest strength for weakness. Do you see this?"

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by OwenBurton View Post
    If Maiev and Fandral had replaced Tyrande and Malfurion at some time in the past as the leaders, I think the night elves could have avoided a lot of suffering, honestly. The Wardens and the Druids of the Flame working together against the Horde would have been very interesting. They would have been ruthless and relentlessly dedicated to furthering their people's interests, and would not have been subservient to human wishes at least.
    agreed. a night elf taliban would've been incredible - a properly morally gray story, an internal conflict in the Alliance and some enjoyable ruthlessness overall. how about reintegrating mountain giants into NE military by enslaving them with magma first? or using the Highborne to lay claim to Eldre'talas instead of slaughtering them?

    re: Delaryn
    kill the girl and reunite her with Ferryn. shit's heartbreaking.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by guro-tchai View Post
    re: Delaryn
    kill the girl and reunite her with Ferryn. shit's heartbreaking.
    Dude is a seed now

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Dude is a seed now
    not sure about that

  19. #59
    "I lashed out in anger after being raised against my will so instead of going over and saying sorry I will just chill here with the people who destroyed our home and genocided our people."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by OwenBurton View Post
    If Maiev and Fandral had replaced Tyrande and Malfurion at some time in the past as the leaders, I think the night elves could have avoided a lot of suffering, honestly. The Wardens and the Druids of the Flame working together against the Horde would have been very interesting. They would have been ruthless and relentlessly dedicated to furthering their people's interests, and would not have been subservient to human wishes at least.
    The problem is not Tyrande or Malf, because they are not real, the problem is a Blizzard. They want this things to going like that. They make the story going the way its going. If the the next expansion leader wanna do better things and have a good vision for the n elfs or any other race the lore team need to follow his/hers order to support the way of his vision, but for that need a good leader.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •