Poll: Do you think Delaryn and other Forsaken night elves will ever rejoin the Alliance?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 6
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Question Do you think Delaryn and other Forsaken night elves will ever rejoin the Alliance?

    After the Lordaeron questline, some of the night elves apparently decide to rejoin their living kin among the Alliance (leading to the "dark ranger" customizations being available to hunters of both factions). But many others (implied to be the vast majority), according to Dark Ranger Velonara, choose instead to stay in Lordaeron with their fellow dark rangers as part of the Horde, including a certain Sentinel who perished at Darkshore.

    At first, several months ago, I assumed that the Forsaken night elves would split apart eventually, with a faction remaining with the Horde and another rejoining the Alliance, which was technically correct, but I was wrong in that there would be Lightforged undead available to both factions (as now both Calia and Derek are still firmly on the Horde, the "Squallid Lady" and her "Champion" in a not so subtle reference).
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...w-allied-races

    So what is their future exactly? Will they remain part of the Horde permanently, or will they after a while miss the other night elves and rejoin Tyrande and Malfurion and the Sentinels at Hyjal or wherever they establish their new capital in the future?

    https://youtu.be/xBtP4SBZoos?t=1133

    Delaryn is now protecting the entrance to Brill, and has this dialogue when you question her about her choices to remain with the Horde:

    Ishnu-alah. We walk the night.

    - Are you going to rejoin the kaldorei?

    After Darkshore, I do not know if they would welcome me. In that violent time of confusion, I fought against the kaldorei. I lost my faith.

    I would not blame them for not accepting me, or the others that were raised in the aftermath. We may be on the road to accepting ourselves, but we are not done. And, fortunately, we are not alone anymore.

    - Let's talk about something else.

    <Tell Delaryn about Ferryn in Ardenweald.>

    <Delaryn's subtle expression twists with a pained emotion, which then melts to relief.>

    I am glad to hear that he is not in that dark, terrible place anymore. At least one of us has a chance to know peace. Thank you for telling me.
    Last edited by OwenBurton; 2022-06-05 at 10:21 AM.
    "Always you speak. Never do you listen! You ignore the lessons of Pandaria! You see, there is balance in all things. Wisdom etched in our very fur: Black and white. Darkness and light. When the last emperor hid our land from the rest of the world, he also preserved...our ancient enemy, the mantid. So it is with your Alliance and your Horde. They are not strong despite one another; they are strong BECAUSE of one another. You mistake your greatest strength for weakness. Do you see this?"

  2. #2
    If there will ever be another faction war (which is HIGHLY unlikely, after cross-faction gameplay for raids and dungeons), then they would rejoin the Alliance. The Forsaken as a whole would probably rejoin the Alliance, since many in their leadership have close connections in the Alliance. Calia's best friend is Anduin, Derek's sister is the Lord-Admiral of Kul Tiras, Voss' best friend was a former Kul Tiran whose family still lives there. I can't imagine them ever wanting to wage war on Stormwind and Kul Tiras.

    So perhaps a better question to ask would be: "Do you think the Forsaken will ever rejoin the Alliance?"

    Even the term "rejoin" would be correct, since as you will recall, the Forsaken are actually the original founders of the Alliance of Lordaeron. It would be like a homecoming.

    Regardless, if it ever comes to war, the rangers who died in the defense of Teldrassil will not wage war on their own people again.

    But since we are heading into a future where faction restrictions don't matter anymore, Delaryn and co. will probably remain in the Ruins of Lordaeron but keep close ties with the Alliance's Night elves. Maybe the Desolate Council will also allow Night elf families to visit the Ruins and reconnect with the Dark Rangers for some time. Just like Theron allowed High elves to perform pilgrimages in the Sunwell.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-06-05 at 10:05 AM.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    If there will ever be another faction war (which is HIGHLY unlikely, after cross-faction gameplay for raids and dungeons), then they would rejoin the Alliance. The Forsaken as a whole would probably rejoin the Alliance, since many in their leadership have close connections in the Alliance. Calia's best friend is Anduin, Derek's sister is the Lord-Admiral of Kul Tiras, Voss' best friend was a former Kul Tiran whose family still lives there. I can't imagine them ever wanting to wage war on Stormwind and Kul Tiras.

    So perhaps a better question to ask would be: "Do you think the Forsaken will ever rejoin the Alliance?"

    Even the term "rejoin" would be correct, since as you will recall, the Forsaken are actually the original founders of the Alliance of Lordaeron. It would be like a homecoming.

    Regardless, if it ever comes to war, the rangers who died in the defense of Teldrassil will not wage war on their own people again.

    But since we are heading into a future where faction restrictions don't matter anymore, Delaryn and co. will probably remain in the Ruins of Lordaeron but keep close ties with the Alliance's Night elves. Maybe the Desolate Council will also allow Night elf families to visit the Ruins and reconnect with the Dark Rangers for some time. Just like Theron allowed High elves to perform pilgrimages in the Sunwell.
    On the other hand there's also a high elf population in the Undercity, such as other banshees that were raised alongside Sylvanas who might have living family to reconnect with either in the now blood elf Silvermoon or the now void/remaining high elf Alliance.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

  4. #4
    Since this is WOW under Danuser, and that they betrayed their brethren for no reason and joined the bitch and bastards who butchered them in the first place, no I don't see that happening.

  5. #5
    I guess? You're asking if its a sensical direction for the plot in a particular story that never made any sense whatsoever.

  6. #6
    Herald of the Titans Rendark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,702
    Should they? No.

    Will they? Maybe.

  7. #7
    They will remain horde and stay true to their original goal of continuing the genocide of the night elves, which was the only thing they existed for and that is their entire story.

  8. #8
    Moderator Rozz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    8,119
    As long as the Night Elves don't show open hostility, I don't see some not returning.

    But knowing how Night Elves are, I understand why they would just stay in Undercity since the Forsaken is becoming a faction for all undead (spurned or not) rather than sycophantic zombies. If Calia's purpose is to provide a healing element for their collective trauma, that is definitely the place Delaryn would feel most at "home". She went through an unbearable amount of suffering and was convinced to betray her allies in a rage. Now she has nothing but anger, regret, etc. It's totally understandable why NEs like her would see a place w/ Calia and Voss' mentality as a safe place to stay until they're ready.

    Additionally, NEs are judgemental as hell. It's a society of purist virtue-signaling that only recently ate humble pie. Seeing Tyrande's reaction to them does give a bit of hope and now their new tree is going to be a mix of life/death magic. Maybe there will be a welcome place for them. They are victims too, just fortunate enough to get resurrected by Sylvanas and not go to the maw.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

  9. #9
    even if they aren't accepted back by the NE, how in hell does Danuser think them joining the Forsaken/Horde make sense? These are the people and faction who literally cursed them to undeath, the heck are they doing there?

    why is Delaryn is protecting the entrance to Brill? ya she's not alone, there are other undead Kaldorei there, so take the other undead Kaldorei and go somewhere to figure things out, not stand guard for the Horde/Forsaken.

    though the question is why in hell are there undead Kaldorei still with the Forsaken if some have been accepted back by the NE/Alliance? what are they still doing there? Why is Delaryn asking if they'll accept her back when we know some have been accepted back?

    and look, if NE don't accept them back (even though they have accepted them back), then these undead Kaldorei should break off and be their own side group like how the Cenarion Circle is. They can be a neutral faction of the undead Kaldorei from Darkshore. It makes no sense at all for them to just stay and fight for the horde/forsaken

    as usual, Danuser and friends making story decisions that make no sense at all.

    sigh, but as we all know, literally everything about BFA Darkshore was garbage and these undead Kaldorei are already just terribly written in every way. So I guess we shouldn't expect any different now with the fate of these characters, somehow Danuser will try and say it makes total sense for Delaryn to be "for the horde" now and defending the forsaken
    Last edited by voidox; 2022-06-05 at 11:40 PM.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by voidox View Post
    why is Delaryn is protecting the entrance to Brill? ya she's not alone, there are other undead Kaldorei there, so take the other undead Kaldorei and go somewhere to figure things out, not stand guard for the Horde/Forsaken.
    If so, this is tragic.

    The Forsaken must truly be in a miserable and desperate state, if they are making one of their top military leaders do guard duty.

    It looks like the Forsaken are now the weakest playable race, military-wise. How ironic. They went from the conquerors of much of Lordaeron in Cataclysm, to refugees and scavengers in some city ruins, who leave guard duty to one of their generals.

  11. #11
    They've got that choice to make I suppose, and it's actually historic as the first time in history any forsaken have had that choice. No more Sylvanas, new era.

    I'd be most curious what'll happen to Sira Moonwarden, who was captured and last we saw her is still imprisoned in the Stockades. She was well and truly mentally broken, but that hardly absolves her of everything she did under Sylvanas's orders.

    Tyrande had the mercy to spare her, but it begs the question of whether she'll ever be released.

    if we're keeping her somewhere indefinitely, I know of a great cell that's no longer in use.

    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Vault_of_the_Betrayer
    Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    Sylvanas will just give her own head to Tyrande.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    And just like the thread before it, let's back away from sexualizing Azshara and return to the original topic at hand.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    If so, this is tragic.

    The Forsaken must truly be in a miserable and desperate state, if they are making one of their top military leaders do guard duty.

    It looks like the Forsaken are now the weakest playable race, military-wise. How ironic. They went from the conquerors of much of Lordaeron in Cataclysm, to refugees and scavengers in some city ruins, who leave guard duty to one of their generals.
    Could be worse. They could be Void Elves.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrorthatflapsinthenight View Post
    Since this is WOW under Danuser, and that they betrayed their brethren for no reason and joined the bitch and bastards who butchered them in the first place, no I don't see that happening.
    That stuff was under Afrasiabi and his attack Sylvanas because he was mad at Garrosh villain bat. All the while using his horde self insert as the hero of the Horde.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    They've got that choice to make I suppose, and it's actually historic as the first time in history any forsaken have had that choice. No more Sylvanas, new era.

    I'd be most curious what'll happen to Sira Moonwarden, who was captured and last we saw her is still imprisoned in the Stockades. She was well and truly mentally broken, but that hardly absolves her of everything she did under Sylvanas's orders.

    Tyrande had the mercy to spare her, but it begs the question of whether she'll ever be released.

    if we're keeping her somewhere indefinitely, I know of a great cell that's no longer in use.

    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Vault_of_the_Betrayer
    Either that or they could always turn her into Cordana Felsong 2.0

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    That stuff was under Afrasiabi and his attack Sylvanas because he was mad at Garrosh villain bat. All the while using his horde self insert as the hero of the Horde.
    Sorry, but I don't believe that whole schtick about him turning Sylvanas into a villain because of what happened to Garrosh. To me, He fully wanted Sylvanas to become the villain because it was gonna complete her whole arc. He was probably even considering to have her killed off in Shadowlands to complete her story until he got the boot. When Danuser took over after Afrasiabi's depature, he wanted to take Sylvanas in a different direction to where she COULD be redeemed, but the stuff Afrasiabi made her do was too great to ignore or justify those actions.... which is why we see this confusing mess of a character and why we have the Jailer be a big scapegoat to make Sylvanas seem less bad in comparison because y'know "He made her do it through Domination Magic" and after that they had to roll with that.

    That's just my theory, but it makes more sense than the supposed rumor that's been going on around... but that's a whole other discussion in of itself.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Yetanothernewbie View Post
    Could be worse. They could be Void Elves.
    Void elfs can reproduce, undeads not just the way in cata killing ppl and raise them and bound for themselves. But this is really stupid like the undead n elfs join the one who killed them, just stupid, don't need any other explanation.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Loreth88 View Post
    Void elfs can reproduce, undeads not just the way in cata killing ppl and raise them and bound for themselves. But this is really stupid like the undead n elfs join the one who killed them, just stupid, don't need any other explanation.
    Void Elves reproduce the same way Forsaken reproduce; by magically changing others into themselves (though it is true Forsaken lost the val'kyr). Unless you think they makes babies the old fashioned way in which there is a chance they might not immediately go insane and are born as regular blood elves instead.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Void Elves reproduce the same way Forsaken reproduce; by magically changing others into themselves (though it is true Forsaken lost the val'kyr). Unless you think they makes babies the old fashioned way in which there is a chance they might not immediately go insane and are born as regular blood elves instead.
    Then why blood elfs not give birth to high elfs? Blood elf starting area or childrens week they are get green eyes.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Loreth88 View Post
    Then why blood elfs not give birth to high elfs? Blood elf starting area or childrens week they are get green eyes.
    Blood Elves are High Elves. The green eyes are from fel magic but unlike Orcs who were heavy practitioners of fel magic where even those who weren't became green-skinned, Blood Elves only dabbled in it as a replacement due to the death of their Sunwell. Velen purified the Sunwell and are now not only getting their blue eyes back, but gave them golden eyes as well. Void Elves are so utterly infused with void energy (did you forget the first Void Elves were kidnapped and were being made into void creatures before being saved?) that they can't even go near places like the Sunwell without volatile and disastrous results. Also did you seriously just ask why outdated content wasn't updated to reflect current lore?

  19. #19
    100% guaranteed the next time we see her she'll be friendly to the Alliance with no explanation.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Blood Elves are High Elves. The green eyes are from fel magic but unlike Orcs who were heavy practitioners of fel magic where even those who weren't became green-skinned, Blood Elves only dabbled in it as a replacement due to the death of their Sunwell. Velen purified the Sunwell and are now not only getting their blue eyes back, but gave them golden eyes as well. Void Elves are so utterly infused with void energy (did you forget the first Void Elves were kidnapped and were being made into void creatures before being saved?) that they can't even go near places like the Sunwell without volatile and disastrous results. Also did you seriously just ask why outdated content wasn't updated to reflect current lore?
    Just like void elfs got the normal skin tone and eyes back, maybe they getting more control over the void, just like blood elfs some of them are consumed by fel look at in sunwell raid or the ones who refuse to consume the fel energy and not with strong will become Wretched.
    The void elfs can reproduce easy they are mortals, even if they get insane then what, drog addicts and ppl with mental illness can reproduce to.

    Who say they can go near the sunwell only Alleria doing it none else and she consumed a whole void entity. She is not even void elf in a way the playable subrace are.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •