Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    Well, they just changed Shadow Mist. They want to give us a powerful Hit Combo.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/blizzar...28878#comments
    There we go. Suprise! Haha

Well, Danse Macabre sounds great. The name, I mean.
    It's not quite hit combo. Whereas hit combo has you alternating abilities, this one will reset if you use any attack you've previously used during SD... This begs the question, will we be using attacks like Shiv, Shuriken Storm and Black Powder during our ST rotation just to keep that sweet, sweet buff growing?

Probably not, Shiv maybe... Excited to see anyway what kind of gameplay ensues.
    Especially in PvP. Can practically taste the oneshot.

Two things though: The particulars are important, what qualifies as an "attack"? Stuns, too? And second, does the damage buff still affect the repeated ability? Because that'd mean at least two juicy Eviscarates.

In the end, it's even more damage loaded onto SD. Eh. I guess that's sub gameplay nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Lodravel View Post
    In the end, it's even more damage loaded onto SD. Eh. I guess that's sub gameplay nowadays.
    Yeah, i don't like that aswell. But there is a way to build sub around Gloomblade and heavy hitting finishers - Dance is used to trigger LS, and you just want the SD cd reduction talent to trigger it more often.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

The points cost at the very bottom of the Assassination tree needs to be adjusted. Other specs can get two pinnacle talents in a build, Assassination can only get one if they choose to take Dragon Tempered Blades and can't even afford it at level 60. Poisoned Katar is terrible and should be replaced by Battle for Azeroth's Echoing Blades.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    The points cost at the very bottom of the Assassination tree needs to be adjusted. Other specs can get two pinnacle talents in a build, Assassination can only get one if they choose to take Dragon Tempered Blades and can't even afford it at level 60. Poisoned Katar is terrible and should be replaced by Battle for Azeroth's Echoing Blades.
    That's done by design. Otherwise, Assassination rogues could get both Dragon Tempered Blades and Kingsbane at the same time, which would be a broken combination.

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    That's done by design. Otherwise, Assassination rogues could get both Dragon Tempered Blades and Kingsbane at the same time, which would be a broken combination.
    I'm going to have to reject that explanation as it also blocks rogues from taking Dragon Tempered Blades and Indiscriminate Carnage and I have yet to find another specialization that pigeon holes the spec into one of two talent builds. If Kingsbane synergizing with double lethal poisons is in fact broken then it's Kingsbane that needs to be changed to address the problem because it's going to be reachable in the expansion after Dragonflight.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Yeah, i don't like that aswell. But there is a way to build sub around Gloomblade and heavy hitting finishers - Dance is used to trigger LS, and you just want the SD cd reduction talent to trigger it more often.
    We'll have to see the numbers first but it sure sounds like an interesting option.

Speaking of interesting, I've never dabbled much with Outlaw but it seems like a build without RTB might be possible.

Perhaps an experienced Outlaw might chime in on this. I know RTB spices up the rotation but I've never been a fan of the theme.

We'll have to see the numbers first but it sure sounds like an interesting option.

Speaking of interesting, I've never dabbled much with Outlaw but it seems like a build without RTB might be possible.

Perhaps an experienced Outlaw might chime in on this. I know RTB spices up the rotation but I've never been a fan of the theme.
    Yes, it is. But as you said in the end numbers are what count the most hence if an option is clearly subpar, no one will play it. But i'm totally going to level as gloomblade sub in df.

What's the rotation for danse macabre?
    Is it shadowstrike backstab eviscerate or bs, ss, bs evisc?

Or do we use every ability in our toolkit in order to avoid repeating a spell? Is it reset on repeating a skill back to back or repeating any skill previously used during shadow dance?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Yes, it is. But as you said in the end numbers are what count the most hence if an option is clearly subpar, no one will play it. But i'm totally going to level as gloomblade sub in df.
    If it's a significant DPS contribution it will probably be mandatory, purposefully ignoring a cheap DPS increase is the same as having the ability and not using it, meaning that the skill will be as optional then as it is now...
    I'd like things like this to be optional though, I like rtb but it's the kind of thing that could easily be an optional playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    What's the rotation for danse macabre?
    Is it shadowstrike backstab eviscerate or bs, ss, bs evisc?

Or do we use every ability in our toolkit in order to avoid repeating a spell? Is it reset on repeating a skill back to back or repeating any skill previously used during shadow dance?

- - - Updated - - -

If it's a significant DPS contribution it will probably be mandatory, purposefully ignoring a cheap DPS increase is the same as having the ability and not using it, meaning that the skill will be as optional then as it is now...
    I'd like things like this to be optional though, I like rtb but it's the kind of thing that could easily be an optional playstyle.
    Danse Macabre works like the monk mastery - you don't want to fire two equal spells in a row or it resets. Given how dance lasts 10 second fully talented there's going to be a fixed best rotation/priority to follow.

On the second point, it also depends a lot of how much added complexity a build adds up. In a real scenario chances are you're going to perform better on a sinoler rotation that's less prone to errors or punishing. It matters a lot when the dps difference is small enough so one or two errors basically cost you the whole dmg increase you're going after.

For a while Assa was the way to go not because it was particularly better but because it was so easy to play and consistent in damage that going the other specs that were more punishing for very little gains was just useless.

EDIT: specifically about RTB, right now micromanaging it VS just pressing the button on cd or whenever buffs are off is literally a 40dps increase on sims. So it's actually well balanced but for this exact reason is an overcomplicated mess. All the calculations can be done by a simple addon that tells you "reroll" or "wait" and you don't even need to pay attention to it. Thematically is a cool skill, but it's functionally "broken" and cannot really be fixed.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2022-10-04 at 04:53 AM.

all this is coming to us October 25th.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

I remember trying to ignore it in Legion by speccing into slice and dice... but the buffs you could procc were possibly sooo much better than basic attack speed and the added mastery procc fishing. Might take another look now but I bet I'll run into the same feeling.

new talent trees are nice.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”