Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by B01L View Post
    Gotta be able to heal yourself when your Pocket Priest is not around...! ;^p

Regarding "tanky"; dear Blizz, please give Outlaw the option (hmm, maybe via Talents Trees?) to use a buckler and do a little Off-Tank action...?

As someone who has only ever played a Combat/Outlaw Rogue, I am looking forward to seeing how a non-Roll the Bones Outlaw spec might look/play...

Also; Blizz, please rename Blinding Powder to Pocket Sand, thanks...! ;^p
    LOL, and yeah, non-RtB is exciting for me too. Just wasn't an addition that I enjoyed at all. Don't know how viable it'll be, but worth trying anyways, right?

Disappointed that slice is baseline and that soothing darkness is gone for sub, but otherwise it looks pretty interesting to me. Definitely some brutal choices to make, but that seems to be the intended design with these trees.

A nice video summary of all rogue trees in video format.
    Havent found any other video this good in showing more or less everything as a summary

I have a doubt:
    We have Shadow Dance in the Rogue tree and also Shadow Dance in the Subtlety tree.
    Does this just increase the damage the Rogue deals while in Shadow Dance or does that mean 2 charges of Shadow Dance??

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks okay. Was a little disappointed at the sacrifices to be made but it's the same for all classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    LoL so "boi" is a nick name for "gay"? Sorry, english is not my first lenguage and no one tell me that. My first is portuguese. Also, I saw a lot ppl in chats saying "boi" so I thinked it is a proposital wrong way to say boy. Haha really sorry. Now I know.
    It doesn't mean that. Can't quote a source if they tried.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2022-07-09 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    I have a doubt:
    We have Shadow Dance in the Rogue tree and also Shadow Dance in the Subtlety tree.
    Does this just increase the damage the Rogue deals while in Shadow Dance or does that mean 2 charges of Shadow Dance??
    Adds a charge

Rogue trees seem pretty good, all 3 have different raid utility (damage reduction from assassination, CDR from outlaw, and shroud roar for sub), all have decent builds for raid/M+, and with shadow dance being in the class tree some fun new styles of play. I don't think it is perfect, but pretty close to a tree I would say is release ready.

Think the only issue is it makes me think the classes before them (mostly druid and priest, haven't played with the DK enough to get a good opinion on that tree) need some bigger adjustments to their trees.
    Last edited by bledgor; 2022-07-09 at 06:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

So if I'm looking at Precise Cuts right are they trying to make Blade Flurry a viable option in solo encounters? 3% attack bonus per missing target sounds pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    Rogue trees seem pretty good, all 3 have different raid utility (damage reduction from assassination, CDR from outlaw, and shroud roar for sub)
    That's not good, the damage reduction is unlikely to stack with other Assassination rogues or other classes that get a similar raid utility, and the shroud speed buff is going to be situational. The cooldown reduction is going to be huge though and relegate rogues to being Outlaw in raids for the force multiplier.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    That's not good, the damage reduction is unlikely to stack with other Assassination rogues or other classes that get a similar raid utility, and the shroud speed buff is going to be situational. The cooldown reduction is going to be huge though and relegate rogues to being Outlaw in raids for the force multiplier.
    Depends I guess on what other classes get, if other classes do get it, then it comes back to DPS numbers, which is whatever sense we have no clue about that. They at least now have a reason outside of pure damage to be brought to raids they lacked before, and even if shared with other classes, if they do more/comparable numbers you can play them now where in the past if they lacked the utility they might be sat.

The damage reduction is a bit different as it is a debuff rather than a buff like say paladins have with aura or disc has with atonement, but still even if they make them unable to stack it, it just makes it so you aren't required to bring disc/pally but can bring rogue, especially if the allow shiv to buff it to what 7%?

The shroud is situation sure, but so is roar and wind rush but both got a lot of use, and I am sure shroud will be the same.

Finally I kind of agree with CDR, sounds great but it will probably either be giga useless or giga OP, would prefer honestly if they made it your defensive instead and just have it so you can't benefit from such a buff (aka can't stack with priests) more than once a minute or something. Would still be useful, but less likely to be OP/useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Quote Originally Posted by xZerocidex View Post
    So if I'm looking at Precise Cuts right are they trying to make Blade Flurry a viable option in solo encounters? 3% attack bonus per missing target sounds pretty cool.
    It's not for solo encounters, it's for aoeing smaller groups. Your primary target doesn't take Blade Flurry damage. So if you're fighting just two enemies the second target is going to be taking +9% damage, or +18% if you take the Dancing Steel talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    It's not for solo encounters, it's for aoeing smaller groups. Your primary target doesn't take Blade Flurry damage. So if you're fighting just two enemies the second target is going to be taking +9% damage, or +18% if you take the Dancing Steel talent.
    Ah.... that makes more sense. Guess in a way this makes it more on par with Sweeping Strikes from Arms(Which was limited to only 2 targets with a higher damage bonus iirc.)

Thanks.
    Last edited by xZerocidex; 2022-07-10 at 07:48 PM.

I play a lot of solo content...?

May the fun begin
    WoWhead have a calculator already (>_<) time to have fun

I play a lot of solo content...?

No restless blades? I can agree on not taking restless crew for solo stuff, but RB is insanely good. Even for leveling, having more cds available is always good especially for mobility ones. Also no AR.

I mean, it's completely playable. But i would make other choices. I've planned a quadruple poison assa build which is pretty standard and a sublaw build that's basically all about shadow dance and ambush spam.

EDIT: i really like the new rogue trees. The only thing i don't really agree with is that to get stuff we really want we have to invest points into active skills that have very little use and likely won't even be on the bar because why would i use garrote as an outlaw for example.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    No restless blades? I can agree on not taking restless crew for solo stuff, but RB is insanely good. Even for leveling, having more cds available is always good especially for mobility ones. Also no AR.

I mean, it's completely playable. But i would make other choices. I've planned a quadruple poison assa build which is pretty standard and a sublaw build that's basically all about shadow dance and ambush spam.

EDIT: i really like the new rogue trees. The only thing i don't really agree with is that to get stuff we really want we have to invest points into active skills that have very little use and likely won't even be on the bar because why would i use garrote as an outlaw for example.

LOL, I missed the AR, I would def get that...

No Restless Blades because I would rather not go RtB; I was hoping Blizz was gonna give us a way to use points to go Combat, but they continue to force RtB on us...

LOL, I missed the AR, I would def get that...

No Restless Blades because I would rather not go RtB; I was hoping Blizz was gonna give us a way to use points to go Combat, but they continue to force RtB on us...
    Eh, i know. Same goes for my build - i need to get Seal Fate and Garrote and while the first is simple to use and can be easily baked in Garrote is more or less useless to me as i want to maximize ambush spam.

Specifically on RtB, i love its animation but the concept is meh - ended coding an addon that tells me when to reroll instead of tracking 6 different buffs. (PS, rerolling on cd ignoring all of that is just a very small dps decrease right now, we're talking less than 30 dps).

other classes adjacent to us on the screen selection are just going to destroy us this expac so who cares.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

do we know if Deeper Stratagem stacks if you get it in both the class and the specc tree?
    would kinda invalidate the whole "supercharged CPs do 7 CPs worth of damage" if you can just get 7 as a base.

and since Shadowdance adds charges by taking the same talent twice,
    there is currently no reason to assume Deeper Stratagem should work differently.
    The above mentioned remarks, ideas and notions are simply my thought on this topic. I do not wish to aggravate, denounce or criticize anyone who, for whatever reason, may disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Narzok View Post
    do we know if Deeper Stratagem stacks if you get it in both the class and the specc tree?
    would kinda invalidate the whole "supercharged CPs do 7 CPs worth of damage" if you can just get 7 as a base.

and since Shadowdance adds charges by taking the same talent twice,
    there is currently no reason to assume Deeper Stratagem should work differently.
    Yes it does. You can have 7 combo max.

It's safe to assume supercharged combo lose a little value from double DS but in the end you're still trading a likely less than 7cp finisher for a full 7cp one so it's still a dps increase overall.

EDIT: there's stuff to fix in the tree, especially sub. Stuff like SB cd being reduced by ST but you can not take ST. Also there's talk about bringing Atrophic poison in the class tree from the Assassination one.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2022-07-22 at 02:32 PM.