Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WoWthing - Character & Collection Management Website

WoWthing - Character & Collection Management Website
    Today we're having a look at the fantastic character & collection management website WoWthing. It has robust account-wide tracking for everything that one might care about in-game. WoWthing can easily supplement or replace using resource-intensive addons or the need for multiple sources of information, making it a great one-stop-shop for managing all your character goals and activities.

If you have characters you don't care about tracking, the settings allow you to hide them individually, or you can broadly filter by server, faction, or class.

To get started, download and install the WoWthing Collection Addon to gather the necessary data from your characters.

• Register or log in on WoWthing with Battle.Net
    • Install the addon and log your main characters
    • Go to https://wowthing.org/upload to upload the addon data
    • Refresh the page and start browsing your collection!

If you like the site, consider supporting it with a Coffee! And if you're actively working on your collections, the WoWthing Sync client can save a lot of time and effort! More info about the client can be found on the Upload Data page.
    Last edited by Lumy; 2022-06-06 at 06:35 AM.

Been using this since shortly after Korthia released and it's been great, both as a way to keep track of the weekly quest completion, to see what I still need to collect, and it's been good seeing how quickly it gets updated and improved from feedback.

If you're a collector this is a great companion to ATT.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have used wowthing since Legion (although it did far less back then). It's unfortunate how few people know about it. The addons that do this stuff are too resource intensive and I've yet to find another site that does even half of what wowthing does. It's useful whether you're a serious collector, and altoholic, or just someone who has trouble keeping track of your regular goals and activities in game.

I use it most days of the week just for the mythic + stuff alone, since it provides more data than raider.io and plenty of other useful info for my account in general (what keys all my alts have, how many vault slots I've unlocked on everyone and at what ilvl, etc). A quick eyeball to see which alts I need keys on or if I've finished my main, etc.

Didn't know about wowthing, but it's really nice. ATT is great for quick checking what I and do not having from profession crafting and old raid drops. But having nice clean lists of everything is amazing for planning out travel.

Sad part is that you need something like this to play the game effectively. I had my own spreadsheets when I played, but as this is automatic it would've been great. Although lacks a few things I like to track in addition. But overall would've cut my daily hazzle by quite a bit and could've spent more time prepping for raids and getting more gold to raid.

So I tried this but everything is incomplete. Its only showing Toys and xmog collections. Characters sheets are all blank and no data on mounts or pets.

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    Characters sheets are all blank and no data on mounts or pets.
    I have the same issue. Went to their discord to try and figure out what was wrong. Turns out, it's not just us. Or them. It's the Blizzard API. The data will show up, eventually.

I'm liking what I've seen so far. Gonna be interesting to see more stuff added to it, even though there's already a ton of stuff I won't ever bother to use!

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    So I tried this but everything is incomplete. Its only showing Toys and xmog collections. Characters sheets are all blank and no data on mounts or pets.
    Toy and transmog collection is from the addon data, that will show up instantly after you upload the file.

Mounts, pets, achievements, reputations and other character info is pulled directly from Blizzard. However, since there are many folks checking out the website at this moment, you might have to wait a few minutes to get through the API queue.
    Last edited by Lumy; 2022-06-06 at 07:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the stuff that isn't a Blizzard API call, make sure you actually log into the relevant characters after you install the addon.

Also, for some things (like collections), you do have to open up the relevant window in-game once for it to gather that data.

But I am sure the flood of API requests is gonna slow some of the data down.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

A list of what you need to open on each character to get all the information into the addon would be most useful. Like what tabs you need to open, inventory? do you need to go to the bank? I'm very unsure of what it can collect without me looking at it. Also what information is collected through the API would be useful.

But yeah, if someone could provide a simple list of:
    Tabs
    Inventory?
    Bank?
    Storage?

For the addon to have all the information collected.

Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    A list of what you need to open on each character to get all the information into the addon would be most useful. Like what tabs you need to open, inventory? do you need to go to the bank? I'm very unsure of what it can collect without me looking at it. Also what information is collected through the API would be useful.

Tabs
    Inventory?
    Bank?
    Storage?

I'm not using this tool, but everything that is shown in the screenshots can be collected by just logging in.

I am so happy to see that this site is finally getting some well-deserved recognition! It's a thing of wonder, and an absolute joy to use.

Tabs
    Inventory?
    Bank?
    Storage?

Probably same things that AllTheThings: each collection tab (mounts, pets, toys, etc) + each profession window.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Sad part is that you need something like this to play the game effectively. I had my own spreadsheets when I played, but as this is automatic it would've been great. Although lacks a few things I like to track in addition. But overall would've cut my daily hazzle by quite a bit and could've spent more time prepping for raids and getting more gold to raid.
    you really dont . unless you truly nolife on alts.

all you need ot to to play a game is log in and play - while doing whatever is fun for you

and i say it as someone who is playing 12 alts atm on very limited play schedule . most of weeks its literaly log in - do 1 m+ on char and eitehr swap to another or log out. if i have ton of time - aka free extra 2 hours i may run 3 more dungeons on 1 or 2 chars to push score a little - and sometimes do a bit of ZM quick farm for some of currency - but only when i get 278 non set pieces to turn them to set.

you want to know whats their average itlv atm ? 269 (and when tier/season will end they will be on average 275 + i bet which will be perfect itls to jump straight away into 13-15 keys next season ) and i guarantee you i play much less then most of wow players.

- - - Updated - - -

Tabs
    Inventory?
    Bank?
    Storage?

so altoholic addon ? one that is in game for eternity now ? its has most of info you could need . yes it doesnt have super hiper dtailed info but lets be honest 99,9 % of time you dont need it.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2022-06-06 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    you really dont . unless you truly nolife on alts.

all you need ot to to play a game is log in and play - while doing whatever is fun for you

and i say it as someone who is playing 12 alts atm on very limited play schedule . most of weeks its literaly log in - do 1 m+ on char and eitehr swap to another or log out. if i have ton of time - aka free extra 2 hours i may run 3 more dungeons on 1 or 2 chars to push score a little - and sometimes do a bit of ZM quick farm for some of currency - but only when i get 278 non set pieces to turn them to set.

you want to know whats their average itlv atm ? 269 (and when tier/season will end they will be on average 275 + i bet which will be perfect itls to jump straight away into 13-15 keys next season ) and i guarantee you i play much less then most of wow players.
    Well am a no life. Nothing new there. I raided on my alts, which looking back was probably a mistake, because it was like having 4 mains. Min maxing is the fun part of WoW for me outside of raiding.

nice bait into the pride profile for every character as default. /sighh.. I thought lessons have been learned regarding this. Site doesn't even work. I'm logged in and have the addon installed. Nothings updating. So between these two downsides, Altoholics addon is obviously still better.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can change the paperdoll backgrounds if you're that put off by a rainbow, but they are all pretty colourful options.

Site definitely works though, as I mentioned above, I use it just about every day. API queue may be slow to populate some stuff because a lot more people just got introduced to the site, but otherwise it's working. There is a Discord for the tool if you need help troubleshooting. Freddie is very responsive and helpful.

[edit: I am not sure where you see any insults in here, but okay]

Well, I'm not the guy who made the site, just an enthusiastic user, but I think you need click through all the tabs on the collections pane to get that data when you're logged at least once. It may just be the appearances tab but I'd do all to be safe. You don't need to go through the pages or anything, just open and close. Otherwise, I think it's just a matter of logging into each character you want the data from.

I assume API is just the basic armory/paperdoll stuff, because the addon collects almost everything. Maybe achievements? Edit: oh, AH stuff is also API.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2022-06-06 at 05:40 PM.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    You can change the rainbow backgrounds
    I was aware of that before I uninstalled the propaganda. You missed the point. Don't need your thinly veiled insults, grow up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    API queue may be slow to populate some stuff
    Obviously I know this as well, because as I said, the site isn't working.
    You're not a very good promoter.

- - - Updated - - -

Tabs
    Inventory?
    Bank?
    Storage?

You should try the Altoholics addon. It's very straightforward, good UI/UX, no need for addon+website. You open your bank and regents bank and you're good to go.
    Last edited by Gempalm; 2022-06-06 at 05:35 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    yah I sorta feel this is not really useful for today's wow... half of it is already built in, and I use altoholic, so pretty much everything this wowthing would cover is already covered, but better already /shrug

10+ Year Old Account
    That website was finally updated? Place was developmentally dead when I last used it in BfA, and it was still showing Legion when I gave up on it.