Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
11
LastLast
  1. #181
    Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    No, they're living in Silvermoon City, their home. And members of the Horde now.
    No they aren't try again

  2. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    No they aren't try again
    Sorry dude... they're the same people. They're High Elves. They're Horde. End of Discussion.

  3. #183
    Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    Sorry dude... they're the same people. They're High Elves. They're Horde. End of Discussion.
    High Elves basically splintered some became the silver covenant and lived in Dalaran, some became fel/magic addicted and became known as blood elves after they were slaughtered by Arthas, some of these also then dabbled in Void and became Void elves. They are literally all the same elves. There were even some blood elves who didn’t dabble in the magic addiction and lived just outside the silvermoon area and remained their regular blue eyed selves.

    Blizzard just added the customisation to let you choose which type of elf you wanted to be. But they are all the same elves

  4. #184
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    No taking in the fel that altered them genetically is what changed that

    No. It did not change them genetically. High elves became blood elves in name only. You're wrong.


    I didn't state void elves were high elves I stated they had the appearance option to look like high elves. I also said the only high elves left are in the silver covenant.

    So odd, you continuously use the "change genetically" argument in the wrong sense with blood elves, and won't use it when it's appropriate like say with... you know... void elves.

  5. #185
    Quote Originally Posted by Findalt View Post
    This is where we are in Shadowlands:
    • Current tank specs: 6
    • Current healer specs: 6
    • Current melee specs: 13
    • Current ranged specs: 11

    Dragonflight adds 1 healer class and 1 ranged class.

    Dragonflight with Evoker:
    • Current tank specs: 6
    • Current healer specs: 7
    • Current melee specs: 13
    • Current ranged specs: 12

    This is nearly balanced, but not quite. Survival can help re-balance it. If you consider the community response to Survival since it's melee change - most of current Survival players are only playing it because of it's damage output, not because the spec itself is good. Then things could look like this.

    Dragonflight if Survival turns into a tank spec:
    • Current tank specs: 7
    • Current healer specs: 7
    • Current melee specs: 12
    • Current ranged specs: 12

    This incidentally makes Tank and Healer specs be 18.4% of the available specs, close enough to the 20% they should be to have a healthy population to enable Dungeons.

    So this is the statistical case to make Survival into a tank spec. Blizzard I believe in your come back, you can do it!
    Almost, except it's going to be arms that becomes a healer spec. Why? Because this rounds out warrior kits nicely into all roles.
    Also it's only natural due to the name "arms"; we sew arms back on!

    Now as this rounds out the warrior kit to 1 healer, 1 tank and 1 dps it becomes clear that there is statistical proof to add a ranged dps specc as well, involving trebuchets and crossbows. This "siegemaster" will feature a heavy use of guns, crossbows, explosives and mechanical contraptions, and will be available to all races EXCEPT gnomes and goblins, who are obviously too ugly to use this sweet technology.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

    Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

  6. #186
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbidaggy View Post
    High Elves basically splintered some became the silver covenant and lived in Dalaran, some became fel/magic addicted and became known as blood elves after they were slaughtered by Arthas, some of these also then dabbled in Void and became Void elves. They are literally all the same elves. There were even some blood elves who didn’t dabble in the magic addiction and lived just outside the silvermoon area and remained their regular blue eyed selves.

    Blizzard just added the customisation to let you choose which type of elf you wanted to be. But they are all the same elves
    Same species. Sorry dude. They're a HORDE RACE. Time to get over it. Only been a fact for 14 years now.

  7. #187
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    No. It did not change them genetically. High elves became blood elves in name only. You're wrong.





    So odd, you continuously use the "change genetically" argument in the wrong sense with blood elves, and won't use it when it's appropriate like say with... you know... void elves.
    Void elves absolutely aren't high elves. Like I said the only high elves are the silver covenant but by giving natural skin color to void elves blizz essentially made it viable to rp as high elves since they aren't going to make yet another elf player race.,

  8. #188
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Void elves absolutely aren't high elves. Like I said the only high elves are the silver covenant but by giving natural skin color to void elves blizz essentially made it viable to rp as high elves since they aren't going to make yet another elf player race.,
    And the Blood Elves, as the only actual difference is politics and diet. You're still wrong.

  9. #189
    Oh dude it's almost like my idea about a dual class system is the solution to all this variety constraint.

    Essentially it would be the same as changing specs but you would just load up the secondary or primary class with all the specs within pretty easy to implement and would completely change how people play the game in a significant way.

    It will undoubtedly be a major expansion feature.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

    - The subscription for WoW will be added to Gamepass Ultimate at no additional cost, mark my words.

  10. #190
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Oh dude it's almost like my idea about a dual class system is the solution to all this variety constraint.

    Essentially it would be the same as changing specs but you would just load up the secondary or primary class with all the specs within pretty easy to implement and would completely change how people play the game in a significant way.

    It will undoubtedly be a major expansion feature.
    Yeah it would be nice to have an ff14 type system but it won't happen would need to rebuild that game from the ground up.

  11. #191
    Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    Same species. Sorry dude. They're a HORDE RACE. Time to get over it. Only been a fact for 14 years now.
    They are a splintered race. They were originally Alliance and some stayed alliance. They were Alliance until Kael renamed them to bloodelves and they joined the horde after Garithos decided to have them be cannon fodder….until that point they were alliance.

    Then once becoming horde due to that betrayal the few that were still within the alliance stayed in the alliance and the few which decided to play with the void were exiled and joined back up with the alliance. Alleria and Vareesa are both Alliance…both are high elves…you can’t say the whole race is Horde when that is clearly not the case mate. It doesn’t work like that. Not when it’s so splintered and broken up like it is.

  12. #192
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbidaggy View Post
    They are a splintered race. They were originally Alliance and some stayed alliance. They were Alliance until Kael renamed them to bloodelves and they joined the horde after Garithos decided to have them be cannon fodder….until that point they were alliance.

    Then once becoming horde due to that betrayal the few that were still within the alliance stayed in the alliance and the few which decided to play with the void were exiled and joined back up with the alliance. Alleria and Vareesa are both Alliance…both are high elves…you can’t say the whole race is Horde when that is clearly not the case mate. It doesn’t work like that. Not when it’s so splintered and broken up like it is.
    I never said they all were Horde. I said they have been a HORDE. PLAYABLE. RACE. SINCE. 2007.

  13. #193
    Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    I never said they all were Horde. I said they have been a HORDE. PLAYABLE. RACE. SINCE. 2007.
    You can tone down the aggression. But the race as a playable is also not a 100% horde race as high elves. Void elves are also high elves so it’s (again) a splintered race just like Pandaren are both alliance and horde so are the high elves you just as a player choose your faction differently. Elves when you make your character Pandaren when you finish the zone. They are both the same species as you said. Void elves are the same as blood elves.

    I’m not trying to argue I’m just being practical. Please don’t take my comments as being an argument that’s not my intention

  14. #194
    Quote Originally Posted by Corydon View Post
    Not bullshit. Having more options/flavours to be a tank will lead to more people trying and potentially sticking to that new option. Not to a fundamentally large degree, but there will be more tanks. See, I have as much clairvoyance as you.
    this doesnt mean more people will tank, its most likely that those who already do like tanking would try out a new tank specc. reason why people dont want to tank is due limited spots in raid, pugging M+ is a nightmare and you need to know routes and have a big responsability.

  15. #195
    Quote Originally Posted by Corydon View Post
    You guys are really generalizing way to much. There are people who just don't like the current variations of tanks even though they would like to be tanking and those are the ones giving the new variant a go and they either will like it or not. So still a potential gain.
    No he's absolutely correct... the evidence is literally there for you to see, 3 extra tanks were added to the game since launch and it didnt make the slightest bit of difference to Tanking vs DPS statistics.

  16. #196
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    No he's absolutely correct... the evidence is literally there for you to see, 3 extra tanks were added to the game since launch and it didnt make the slightest bit of difference to Tanking vs DPS statistics.
    The current situation is if you want to play a ranged in raids and then tank 5 mans on your main you are required to play a druid, which is the single most boring tank to play in the game. I think it might help the tank situation if there were more classes who could do both ranged and tank. The suggestion by the OP is not the way to accomplish that though. I would suggest creating ranged options for the classes that can currently tank, weapon throw warrior, ranged disease dk, illidan demon form style caster, shockadin, etc.

  17. #197
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Survival is fun to play right now... and it was fun back when it was revamped in Legion.


    Stay away from my melee hunter spec.
    i mean melee stole the spec first lol

  18. #198
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    No he's absolutely correct... the evidence is literally there for you to see, 3 extra tanks were added to the game since launch and it didnt make the slightest bit of difference to Tanking vs DPS statistics.
    care to share those stats because as far as I look at it.... feel free to show where you disagree.

    Some players will only play 1 character, whether that be lack of time for others or just not liking alts its how they play.
    Some of those players will bind themselves to 1 spec, but others will play multiple.

    Because players like those described above exist, adding a tank spec to a class without 1 can only add people willing to tank. Even if that number is low its still added. I highly doubt anyone is expecting like a 25% increase in tanks because 1 spec is added but even a 2-5% lowers the demand.

  19. #199
    Quote Originally Posted by Corydon View Post
    You guys are really generalizing way to much. There are people who just don't like the current variations of tanks even though they would like to be tanking and those are the ones giving the new variant a go and they either will like it or not. So still a potential gain.
    no i base from what i experience and see, i mean look at M+, whats the hardest role to find? tanks. what is the role least people want to play? tanks. limited spots in raids? tanks. the potential gain is miniscule, its like when blizzard made survival meele, they lost 95% of the people playing the specc, and i can tell you that even less would play a hunter tank than those 5%. in other words, stop trying to tack on a tank specc on a class that was never fit for it. besides we have 6 tanks speccs already, its enought.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    care to share those stats because as far as I look at it.... feel free to show where you disagree.

    Some players will only play 1 character, whether that be lack of time for others or just not liking alts its how they play.
    Some of those players will bind themselves to 1 spec, but others will play multiple.

    Because players like those described above exist, adding a tank spec to a class without 1 can only add people willing to tank. Even if that number is low its still added. I highly doubt anyone is expecting like a 25% increase in tanks because 1 spec is added but even a 2-5% lowers the demand.
    once again it doesnt matter how many tank speccs you introduce, beacuse people in general dont want to play tanks. its the same in TBC and other games aswell, nobody likes the responsability and everything that comes with it. it wont lower the demand beacuse people still dont want to play the role and in raids the roles are limited for tanks aswell.

  20. #200
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Bullshit, more tank specs don't make more tanks.
    Sadly many will never understand that.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sargasm View Post
    Don't you ever say Shadow should be a Healer Spec.. Lul
    Come on 3 healer specs and no dps or tank options. Priests will love leveling and questing when they have to slowly whittle things down while never in any real harm. Fun game play

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Dunno, I main shaman since wotlk, if I could play tank I would (at least as an offspec). I'm sure there are more people like me.
    So you only don't tank because you want to play 1 character that cannot? Anybody that has been playing si ce or before Wrath would have made some tank possible characters and if they enjoyed tanking would do it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    A hunter tank spec that doesn't involve their pet being the tank would feel like a missed opportunity imo
    Positioning and moving mobs would be incredibly challenging for Blizzard and players. This just like a ranged tank seems.like something that is never going to happen or work out if they try it.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •