Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    Except I happen to have fun tearing things up as Survival DPS. Your entitlement wants to take that away from me. Not to mention now that the Mage Tower is back and a permanent thing, you want to take away Survival's ability to do that as well.
    agreed, also i dont understand peoples obsession with trying to tack on a tank specc in the hunter class, it have never been fitting and never will. Meele i can live with (even tho i wish there was a talent to go ranged as survival but whatever) but i dont get why people want a tank specc. it wont help the tank situation either for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Makaloff View Post
    agreed, also i dont understand peoples obsession with trying to tack on a tank specc in the hunter class, it have never been fitting and never will. Meele i can live with (even tho i wish there was a talent to go ranged as survival but whatever) but i dont get why people want a tank specc. it wont help the tank situation either for that matter.
    Unfortunately Survival ended up being like MM but with Magic Damage instead. I switched to it in Cataclysm after being MM most of Wrath because my key sequence doing DPS was virtually identical as it was in MM so it was a breeze to switch specs when Cata rolled around and MM lost a lot of its mobility.

These complainers also cannot grasp the concept of the fact that specs and classes are not the problem. It's how tanking works to a bigger extend and even more so with the attitudes of others. Legion saw an explosion of tanks, myself included, because spec design lowered the barrier. Then Blizzard did some nerfing and that soured things. Attitudes got worse because some of the weaker tanks could not longer compensate with ability design and such, and they got sick of it. The latter is the reason why I stopped tanking.

The thing is, if people really want to tank and be team players, they will let go of their selfish entitlement to stick to one character and will roll a DK/DH/Druid/Monk/Paladin/Warrior. If they have set groups they run M+ with they will swap in characters with others. There's a group in my guild that does this. I usually run with the same 6-7 people when I do my weekly ones but whoever is tanking might change and I might have a different healer. Sometimes they stack too since I come on my raiding main (Hunter) and do not need virtually any gear out of these dungeons so they have a chance to get some upgrades since they're on an alt. The thing is, real players who care about their guildmates and M+ mates would be willing to swap to another class for a few runs if it was needed and the favor should be returned. People complain about the lack of "community" in current WoW, well that community starts with guilds and if you won't budge for them, why should anyone else budge for you?

Except I happen to have fun tearing things up as Survival DPS. Your entitlement wants to take that away from me. Not to mention now that the Mage Tower is back and a permanent thing, you want to take away Survival's ability to do that as well.
    Do you know how to read? I said to take an unused talent and make it into a gladiator style stance except allowing tanking instead of damage. or even to add a spec not to take away surv.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makaloff View Post
    It would help the tank situation the tank issue is largely because most dps in raids are ranged yet only one class with a ranged dps spec in the entire game has the ability to go tank. Adding either extra specs or turning unused talents into something that allows for tanking would absolutely help the critical shortage of tanks currently in 5 man content.

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunately Survival ended up being like MM but with Magic Damage instead. I switched to it in Cataclysm after being MM most of Wrath because my key sequence doing DPS was virtually identical as it was in MM so it was a breeze to switch specs when Cata rolled around and MM lost a lot of its mobility.

These complainers also cannot grasp the concept of the fact that specs and classes are not the problem. It's how tanking works to a bigger extend and even more so with the attitudes of others. Legion saw an explosion of tanks, myself included, because spec design lowered the barrier. Then Blizzard did some nerfing and that soured things. Attitudes got worse because some of the weaker tanks could not longer compensate with ability design and such, and they got sick of it. The latter is the reason why I stopped tanking.

The thing is, if people really want to tank and be team players, they will let go of their selfish entitlement to stick to one character and will roll a DK/DH/Druid/Monk/Paladin/Warrior. If they have set groups they run M+ with they will swap in characters with others. There's a group in my guild that does this. I usually run with the same 6-7 people when I do my weekly ones but whoever is tanking might change and I might have a different healer. Sometimes they stack too since I come on my raiding main (Hunter) and do not need virtually any gear out of these dungeons so they have a chance to get some upgrades since they're on an alt. The thing is, real players who care about their guildmates and M+ mates would be willing to swap to another class for a few runs if it was needed and the favor should be returned. People complain about the lack of "community" in current WoW, well that community starts with guilds and if you won't budge for them, why should anyone else budge for you?
    This is so beyond dumb. People will be team players that doesn't get them their 8 M+ dungeons done on their main.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Do you know how to read? I said to take an unused talent and make it into a gladiator style stance except allowing tanking instead of damage. or even to add a spec not to take away surv.

- - - Updated - - -

It would help the tank situation the tank issue is largely because most dps in raids are ranged yet only one class with a ranged dps spec in the entire game has the ability to go tank. Adding either extra specs or turning unused talents into something that allows for tanking would absolutely help the critical shortage of tanks currently in 5 man content.

- - - Updated - - -

This is so beyond dumb. People will be team players that doesn't get them their 8 M+ dungeons done on their main.
    Simply put, you are completely wrong, If a person wants to DPS, they will DPS , if you change their DPS to a tank they will search for a new DPS class to play.

Suggesting turning more dps classes into tanks will gain more tanks is pure stupidity at its finest.

A dual class system fixes a lot of issues, I predict it is coming after Dragonflight.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

- The subscription for WoW will be added to Gamepass Ultimate at no additional cost, mark my words.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmatrix View Post
    I'm your court appointed lawyer. Harvey Lightman, Paladin at Law.
    Oh he's fucked.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

That's how you play Rexxar in HotS. Although I don't know many hunters that would want to tank. They all love whipping out their big dick DPS numbers. Doubt any Hunters could maintain enough attention to tank. Too busy jumping all around shooting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    Simply put, you are completely wrong, If a person wants to DPS, they will DPS , if you change their DPS to a tank they will search for a new DPS class to play.

Suggesting turning more dps classes into tanks will gain more tanks is pure stupidity at its finest.
    Yup, if you made my Enhance Shaman a tank, I'd permanently play elemental on it, even though I despise ranged combat.

You apparently don't. Because Blizzard said Gladiator Stance is gone and nothing like it is coming back. Holinka already discussed this a while ago with MrGM.

Dumb is throwing a temper tantrum because you think your $15/mo entitles you to dictate things to Blizzard and ever other player, also paying $15/mo, be damned.

You apparently don't. Because Blizzard said Gladiator Stance is gone and nothing like it is coming back. Holinka already discussed this a while ago with MrGM.

Dumb is throwing a temper tantrum because you think your $15/mo entitles you to dictate things to Blizzard and ever other player, also paying $15/mo, be damned.
    Just like blizz said classic would never come alliance would never get high elves and the alliance and horde would never be able to play together.

I'm not throwing a temper tantrum my dude. You on the other hand certainly are and putting other words in my mouth because you yourself wouldn't actually learn how to tank to help your guild and play a pure dps so that you never have to.

Just like blizz said classic would never come alliance would never get high elves and the alliance and horde would never be able to play together.
    Classic came about due to copyright issues mainly. Their hand was forced. Alliance didn't get High Elves. They've been a Horde playable race since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by neescher View Post
    People said that about survival when they turned it into a melee spec. "It's going to kill survival, no one's going to play melee hunter". Look at the top m+ runs right now...
    And it only took 5.5 years to have it not be the least played spec in the game. What a resounding success!!!

Survival doesnt fit tank fantasy. When you’re surviving, you dont want to aggress the enemy.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    How the fuck is this trolling?

Discussing moderation is against the rules. Infracted.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperKarateDeathCar View Post
    And it only took 5.5 years to have it not be the least played spec in the game. What a resounding success!!!
    5.5 years and for it to be one of the 2 most OP specs in m+

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    This is silly though, because the most tanks any raid of any size can use in an encounter is 2 - which is what the encounters are designed around - whereas there are anywhere from 2 to 6 healer spots in a raid.

It doesn't have to make sense to your OCD. Creating 7 specs for a role that only has 2 slots, max, in any content, is poor design.
    Hell, having 6 is.
    Should be weighted - average 20man raid (give or take some healers

20 person raid,
    2 tanks, 4 healers, 14 dps ~
    10%
    20%
    70%

36 specs

4 tanks
    7 healers
    25 dps specs

Seems tank specs are overweighted currently. Turn them into Deepz.

Quote Originally Posted by sunxsera View Post
    This will change nothing.

You just need to invest a lot more time to tank and most people don't want to do that - which is undestandable.
    There would be a lot more tanks if they didn't have to route through dungeons, basically knowing every pack and doing ~70% of the work.
    Basically this, I love to tank but only do it for

0) BC time walking and hope to gods you don't get Mechanar
    1) wotlk time walking
    2) Mists time walking
    3) grudgingly, the 4 SL levelling dungeons

All because I know them so well

Quote Originally Posted by SuperKarateDeathCar View Post
    How does that even matter with the point I was trying to make?

The current state shows, that the spec being melee does not matter at all. All that matters is, how big the numbers are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post
    Should be weighted - average 20man raid (give or take some healers

20 person raid,
    2 tanks, 4 healers, 14 dps ~
    10%
    20%
    70%

36 specs

4 tanks
    7 healers
    25 dps specs

Seems tank specs are overweighted currently. Turn them into Deepz.
    Of course if you do the calculation for 5-man content, you expect 7 tanks out of 36 specs.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

thats the thing, it wont elevate the tank situation beacuse when it comes to tanking, people dont want to do it beacuse its too much responsability and you need to know so much beforehand. doesnt matter how much tank speccs you throw at people, very few will tank. I play tank myself but i only do it with friends beacuse to be honest, tanking for pugs is one of the most frustrating things there is. also, once again, hunter dont fit as tank, never has, never will.

Not sure you understand what "proof" means. This is an opinion not a proof

Quote Originally Posted by neescher View Post
    Of course if you do the calculation for 5-man content, you expect 7 tanks out of 36 specs.
    This is true.

Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post
    This is true.
    And since we have both, you'd expect something in between. Of course, since the number of specs has no actual impact on the number of players using them, it's completely meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by Findalt View Post
    This incidentally makes Tank and Healer specs be 18.4% of the available specs, close enough to the 20% they should be to have a healthy population to enable Dungeons.
    Adding more tank specs is not going to make more tanks. There's already SIX tank specs in the game and yet barely any tanks. Adding a seventh one is not going to suddenly make everyone want to tank.