Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
LastLast
  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Adding more tank specs is not going to make more tanks. There's already SIX tank specs in the game and yet barely any tanks. Adding a seventh one is not going to suddenly make everyone want to tank.
    Question how many of those tank specs have a ranged dps option? Hint it's 1 and it's the class a lot of people avoid due to aesthetics.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    Classic came about due to copyright issues mainly. Their hand was forced. Alliance didn't get High Elves. They've been a Horde playable race since 2007.
    No they haven't blood elves aren't high elves. Alliance essentially got high elves one void elves could use standard appearances. Also I notice you have nothing to say about factions not really mattering anymore

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    Simply put, you are completely wrong, If a person wants to DPS, they will DPS , if you change their DPS to a tank they will search for a new DPS class to play.

    Suggesting turning more dps classes into tanks will gain more tanks is pure stupidity at its finest.
    So serious question do you just insert what you imagine people are saying? I said to add a spec or change an unused talent. The majority of the best dps classes can't do anything but dps yes giving a huge chunk of the population the ability to tank while continuing to be raid viable as ranged dps would make a difference.

  2. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Question how many of those tank specs have a ranged dps option? Hint it's 1 and it's the class a lot of people avoid due to aesthetics.

    - - - Updated - - -



    No they haven't blood elves aren't high elves. Alliance essentially got high elves one void elves could use standard appearances. Also I notice you have nothing to say about factions not really mattering anymore

    - - - Updated - - -



    So serious question do you just insert what you imagine people are saying? I said to add a spec or change an unused talent. The majority of the best dps classes can't do anything but dps yes giving a huge chunk of the population the ability to tank while continuing to be raid viable as ranged dps would make a difference.
    At the end of the day no one cares, survival is not a tank and your "suggestion" will never see the light of day, currently no other classes/specs are lined up to be made into tanks.

    To answer your question a Tank can not also be a viable DPS in the same spec and no one who plays DPS truly cares enough to Tank otherwise they'd role one initially, your point is moot.

  3. #163
    Survival is fun to play right now... and it was fun back when it was revamped in Legion.


    Stay away from my melee hunter spec.

  4. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    At the end of the day no one cares, survival is not a tank and your "suggestion" will never see the light of day, currently no other classes/specs are lined up to be made into tanks.

    To answer your question a Tank can not also be a viable DPS in the same spec and no one who plays DPS truly cares enough to Tank otherwise they'd role one initially, your point is moot.
    There are not enough tank spots in raid for everyone who wants to be a tank to play tank. There are two total tank spots in raid groups. There are 14+ dps spots. You play what it takes to raid at the level you want to raid at and in some cases that means you play a class that can't tank even if you really enjoy tanking.
    Last edited by Xath; 2022-06-19 at 11:20 PM.

  5. #165
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    There are not enough tank spots in raid for everyone who wants to be a tank to play tank. There are two total tank spots in raid groups. There are 14+ dps spots. You play what it takes to raid at the level you want to raid at and in some cases that means you play a class that can't tank even if you really enjoy tanking.
    You're wrong, if there were more tanks than what you're saying then queues wouldnt be so long, so you're wrong..

  6. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    No they haven't blood elves aren't high elves. Alliance essentially got high elves one void elves could use standard appearances. Also I notice you have nothing to say about factions not really mattering anymore
    And where did those Void Elves come from? Oh yeah, they came from SILVERMOON CITY. Who lives at SILVERMOON? The Blood Elves. What were the Blood Elves called before the Third War and Arthas' visit? HIGH ELVES. So yes, Horde has had High Elves since January 2007.

    And I didn't answer you on the faction thing because I wasn't one of the people who said they would never do that. I didn't have an opinion one way or another.

  7. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I remember when they changed surv into a melee spec and everyone lost their collective minds for years about it. And people actually like playing melee. So no, your head cannon is just that. For every dozen people that would like a surv tank thousands more would complain just like they did last time blizz changed their spec.

    The only point you have is on top of your head. If anybody really wanted to tank they'd, ya know, play a tanking class.
    Nobody is talking about changing existing spec into tank but adding a new one, but you made it clear few times already that reading comprehension isn't really your thing, so whatever brother, keep arguing with imagined theories if thats what sails your boat.

  8. #168
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    No they haven't blood elves aren't high elves.
    Which are High Elves. In fact, they are the largest living faction of High Elves.

  9. #169
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Nobody is talking about changing existing spec into tank .
    Umm did you try reading the thread title? LMAO

  10. #170
    The best tank spec from pre exhisting classes would surely be a shaman earth themed tank spec.

  11. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Which are High Elves. In fact, they are the largest living faction of High Elves.
    aren't* they forsook the name high elves and became altered at a genetic level by taking in fel to survive. The only natural high elves left are basically all in the silver covenant.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    And where did those Void Elves come from? Oh yeah, they came from SILVERMOON CITY. Who lives at SILVERMOON? The Blood Elves. What were the Blood Elves called before the Third War and Arthas' visit? HIGH ELVES. So yes, Horde has had High Elves since January 2007.

    And I didn't answer you on the faction thing because I wasn't one of the people who said they would never do that. I didn't have an opinion one way or another.
    No they haven't. It's fairly commonly understood that a void elf using the base skin colors ie not void isn't actually meant to be void from an rp perspective.

  12. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    aren't* they forsook the name high elves and became altered at a genetic level by taking in fel to survive. The only natural high elves left are basically all in the silver covenant.
    Are. Your headcanon isn't relevant to the actual story. Most High Elves didn't take in enough Fel to change permanently, especially the playable ones.

  13. #173
    Change melee survival back to ranged. It was much more fun that way.

  14. #174
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Are. Your headcanon isn't relevant to the actual story. Most High Elves didn't take in enough Fel to change permanently, especially the playable ones.
    It's not head canon lol? They literally took on the name blood elf to honor their fallen. If you were somehow transported to wow and called a blood elf a high elf they would beat the crap out of you.

  15. #175
    Why? We have enough tank classes. Besides, most of them plays the same anyway.

  16. #176
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    It's not head canon lol? They literally took on the name blood elf to honor their fallen. If you were somehow transported to wow and called a blood elf a high elf they would beat the crap out of you.
    Name.

    It doesn't change what they are, only how they see themself.

  17. #177
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    No they haven't. It's fairly commonly understood that a void elf using the base skin colors ie not void isn't actually meant to be void from an rp perspective.
    RP doesn't mean crap. Horde has playable High Elves and has had them for almost fourteen and a half years now. In fact, by stating Void Elves are High Elves, you're admitting to this fact.

  18. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Name.

    It doesn't change what they are, only how they see themself.
    No taking in the fel that altered them genetically is what changed that

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    RP doesn't mean crap. Horde has playable High Elves and has had them for almost fourteen and a half years now. In fact, by stating Void Elves are High Elves, you're admitting to this fact.
    I didn't state void elves were high elves I stated they had the appearance option to look like high elves. I also said the only high elves left are in the silver covenant.

  19. #179
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    I didn't state void elves were high elves I stated they had the appearance option to look like high elves. I also said the only high elves left are in the silver covenant.
    No, they're living in Silvermoon City, their home. And members of the Horde now.

  20. #180
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    No taking in the fel that altered them genetically is what changed that
    No, that's just something you made up. It's not part of the actual lore. In fact, Genetics as such are never even mentioned anywhere, and for all we know the WarCraft universe might not even have gene-equivalents. That would at least explain why three species from three different planets can interbreed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •