Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sunxsera View Post
    This will change nothing.

You just need to invest a lot more time to tank and most people don't want to do that - which is undestandable.
    There would be a lot more tanks if they didn't have to route through dungeons, basically knowing every pack and doing ~70% of the work.
    Basically this, I love to tank but only do it for

0) BC time walking and hope to gods you don't get Mechanar
    1) wotlk time walking
    2) Mists time walking
    3) grudgingly, the 4 SL levelling dungeons

All because I know them so well

Quote Originally Posted by SuperKarateDeathCar View Post
    And it only took 5.5 years to have it not be the least played spec in the game. What a resounding success!!!
    How does that even matter with the point I was trying to make?

The current state shows, that the spec being melee does not matter at all. All that matters is, how big the numbers are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post
    Should be weighted - average 20man raid (give or take some healers

20 person raid,
    2 tanks, 4 healers, 14 dps ~
    10%
    20%
    70%

36 specs

4 tanks
    7 healers
    25 dps specs

Seems tank specs are overweighted currently. Turn them into Deepz.
    Of course if you do the calculation for 5-man content, you expect 7 tanks out of 36 specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Do you know how to read? I said to take an unused talent and make it into a gladiator style stance except allowing tanking instead of damage. or even to add a spec not to take away surv.

- - - Updated - - -

It would help the tank situation the tank issue is largely because most dps in raids are ranged yet only one class with a ranged dps spec in the entire game has the ability to go tank. Adding either extra specs or turning unused talents into something that allows for tanking would absolutely help the critical shortage of tanks currently in 5 man content.

- - - Updated - - -

This is so beyond dumb. People will be team players that doesn't get them their 8 M+ dungeons done on their main.
    thats the thing, it wont elevate the tank situation beacuse when it comes to tanking, people dont want to do it beacuse its too much responsability and you need to know so much beforehand. doesnt matter how much tank speccs you throw at people, very few will tank. I play tank myself but i only do it with friends beacuse to be honest, tanking for pugs is one of the most frustrating things there is. also, once again, hunter dont fit as tank, never has, never will.

Not sure you understand what "proof" means. This is an opinion not a proof

Quote Originally Posted by neescher View Post
    Of course if you do the calculation for 5-man content, you expect 7 tanks out of 36 specs.
    This is true.

Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post
    This is true.
    And since we have both, you'd expect something in between. Of course, since the number of specs has no actual impact on the number of players using them, it's completely meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by Findalt View Post
    This incidentally makes Tank and Healer specs be 18.4% of the available specs, close enough to the 20% they should be to have a healthy population to enable Dungeons.
    Adding more tank specs is not going to make more tanks. There's already SIX tank specs in the game and yet barely any tanks. Adding a seventh one is not going to suddenly make everyone want to tank.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Adding more tank specs is not going to make more tanks. There's already SIX tank specs in the game and yet barely any tanks. Adding a seventh one is not going to suddenly make everyone want to tank.
    Question how many of those tank specs have a ranged dps option? Hint it's 1 and it's the class a lot of people avoid due to aesthetics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    Classic came about due to copyright issues mainly. Their hand was forced. Alliance didn't get High Elves. They've been a Horde playable race since 2007.
    No they haven't blood elves aren't high elves. Alliance essentially got high elves one void elves could use standard appearances. Also I notice you have nothing to say about factions not really mattering anymore

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    Simply put, you are completely wrong, If a person wants to DPS, they will DPS , if you change their DPS to a tank they will search for a new DPS class to play.

Suggesting turning more dps classes into tanks will gain more tanks is pure stupidity at its finest.
    So serious question do you just insert what you imagine people are saying? I said to add a spec or change an unused talent. The majority of the best dps classes can't do anything but dps yes giving a huge chunk of the population the ability to tank while continuing to be raid viable as ranged dps would make a difference.

Question how many of those tank specs have a ranged dps option? Hint it's 1 and it's the class a lot of people avoid due to aesthetics.

- - - Updated - - -

No they haven't blood elves aren't high elves. Alliance essentially got high elves one void elves could use standard appearances. Also I notice you have nothing to say about factions not really mattering anymore

- - - Updated - - -

So serious question do you just insert what you imagine people are saying? I said to add a spec or change an unused talent. The majority of the best dps classes can't do anything but dps yes giving a huge chunk of the population the ability to tank while continuing to be raid viable as ranged dps would make a difference.
    At the end of the day no one cares, survival is not a tank and your "suggestion" will never see the light of day, currently no other classes/specs are lined up to be made into tanks.

To answer your question a Tank can not also be a viable DPS in the same spec and no one who plays DPS truly cares enough to Tank otherwise they'd role one initially, your point is moot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Survival is fun to play right now... and it was fun back when it was revamped in Legion.

Stay away from my melee hunter spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    At the end of the day no one cares, survival is not a tank and your "suggestion" will never see the light of day, currently no other classes/specs are lined up to be made into tanks.

To answer your question a Tank can not also be a viable DPS in the same spec and no one who plays DPS truly cares enough to Tank otherwise they'd role one initially, your point is moot.
    There are not enough tank spots in raid for everyone who wants to be a tank to play tank. There are two total tank spots in raid groups. There are 14+ dps spots. You play what it takes to raid at the level you want to raid at and in some cases that means you play a class that can't tank even if you really enjoy tanking.
    Last edited by Xath; 2022-06-19 at 11:20 PM.

There are not enough tank spots in raid for everyone who wants to be a tank to play tank. There are two total tank spots in raid groups. There are 14+ dps spots. You play what it takes to raid at the level you want to raid at and in some cases that means you play a class that can't tank even if you really enjoy tanking.
    You're wrong, if there were more tanks than what you're saying then queues wouldnt be so long, so you're wrong..

And where did those Void Elves come from? Oh yeah, they came from SILVERMOON CITY. Who lives at SILVERMOON? The Blood Elves. What were the Blood Elves called before the Third War and Arthas' visit? HIGH ELVES. So yes, Horde has had High Elves since January 2007.

And I didn't answer you on the faction thing because I wasn't one of the people who said they would never do that. I didn't have an opinion one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I remember when they changed surv into a melee spec and everyone lost their collective minds for years about it. And people actually like playing melee. So no, your head cannon is just that. For every dozen people that would like a surv tank thousands more would complain just like they did last time blizz changed their spec.

The only point you have is on top of your head. If anybody really wanted to tank they'd, ya know, play a tanking class.
    Nobody is talking about changing existing spec into tank but adding a new one, but you made it clear few times already that reading comprehension isn't really your thing, so whatever brother, keep arguing with imagined theories if thats what sails your boat.

No they haven't blood elves aren't high elves.
    Which are High Elves. In fact, they are the largest living faction of High Elves.

The best tank spec from pre exhisting classes would surely be a shaman earth themed tank spec.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Which are High Elves. In fact, they are the largest living faction of High Elves.
    aren't* they forsook the name high elves and became altered at a genetic level by taking in fel to survive. The only natural high elves left are basically all in the silver covenant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    And where did those Void Elves come from? Oh yeah, they came from SILVERMOON CITY. Who lives at SILVERMOON? The Blood Elves. What were the Blood Elves called before the Third War and Arthas' visit? HIGH ELVES. So yes, Horde has had High Elves since January 2007.

And I didn't answer you on the faction thing because I wasn't one of the people who said they would never do that. I didn't have an opinion one way or another.
    No they haven't. It's fairly commonly understood that a void elf using the base skin colors ie not void isn't actually meant to be void from an rp perspective.

aren't* they forsook the name high elves and became altered at a genetic level by taking in fel to survive. The only natural high elves left are basically all in the silver covenant.
    Are. Your headcanon isn't relevant to the actual story. Most High Elves didn't take in enough Fel to change permanently, especially the playable ones.

Change melee survival back to ranged. It was much more fun that way.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Are. Your headcanon isn't relevant to the actual story. Most High Elves didn't take in enough Fel to change permanently, especially the playable ones.
    It's not head canon lol? They literally took on the name blood elf to honor their fallen. If you were somehow transported to wow and called a blood elf a high elf they would beat the crap out of you.