Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Corydon View Post
    You guys are really generalizing way to much. There are people who just don't like the current variations of tanks even though they would like to be tanking and those are the ones giving the new variant a go and they either will like it or not. So still a potential gain.
    No he's absolutely correct... the evidence is literally there for you to see, 3 extra tanks were added to the game since launch and it didnt make the slightest bit of difference to Tanking vs DPS statistics.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    No he's absolutely correct... the evidence is literally there for you to see, 3 extra tanks were added to the game since launch and it didnt make the slightest bit of difference to Tanking vs DPS statistics.
    The current situation is if you want to play a ranged in raids and then tank 5 mans on your main you are required to play a druid, which is the single most boring tank to play in the game. I think it might help the tank situation if there were more classes who could do both ranged and tank. The suggestion by the OP is not the way to accomplish that though. I would suggest creating ranged options for the classes that can currently tank, weapon throw warrior, ranged disease dk, illidan demon form style caster, shockadin, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Survival is fun to play right now... and it was fun back when it was revamped in Legion.

Stay away from my melee hunter spec.
    i mean melee stole the spec first lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    care to share those stats because as far as I look at it.... feel free to show where you disagree.

Some players will only play 1 character, whether that be lack of time for others or just not liking alts its how they play.
    Some of those players will bind themselves to 1 spec, but others will play multiple.

Because players like those described above exist, adding a tank spec to a class without 1 can only add people willing to tank. Even if that number is low its still added. I highly doubt anyone is expecting like a 25% increase in tanks because 1 spec is added but even a 2-5% lowers the demand.

You guys are really generalizing way to much. There are people who just don't like the current variations of tanks even though they would like to be tanking and those are the ones giving the new variant a go and they either will like it or not. So still a potential gain.
    no i base from what i experience and see, i mean look at M+, whats the hardest role to find? tanks. what is the role least people want to play? tanks. limited spots in raids? tanks. the potential gain is miniscule, its like when blizzard made survival meele, they lost 95% of the people playing the specc, and i can tell you that even less would play a hunter tank than those 5%. in other words, stop trying to tack on a tank specc on a class that was never fit for it. besides we have 6 tanks speccs already, its enought.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    care to share those stats because as far as I look at it.... feel free to show where you disagree.

Some players will only play 1 character, whether that be lack of time for others or just not liking alts its how they play.
    Some of those players will bind themselves to 1 spec, but others will play multiple.

Because players like those described above exist, adding a tank spec to a class without 1 can only add people willing to tank. Even if that number is low its still added. I highly doubt anyone is expecting like a 25% increase in tanks because 1 spec is added but even a 2-5% lowers the demand.
    once again it doesnt matter how many tank speccs you introduce, beacuse people in general dont want to play tanks. its the same in TBC and other games aswell, nobody likes the responsability and everything that comes with it. it wont lower the demand beacuse people still dont want to play the role and in raids the roles are limited for tanks aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Bullshit, more tank specs don't make more tanks.
    Sadly many will never understand that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sargasm View Post
    Don't you ever say Shadow should be a Healer Spec.. Lul
    Come on 3 healer specs and no dps or tank options. Priests will love leveling and questing when they have to slowly whittle things down while never in any real harm. Fun game play

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Dunno, I main shaman since wotlk, if I could play tank I would (at least as an offspec). I'm sure there are more people like me.
    So you only don't tank because you want to play 1 character that cannot? Anybody that has been playing si ce or before Wrath would have made some tank possible characters and if they enjoyed tanking would do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    A hunter tank spec that doesn't involve their pet being the tank would feel like a missed opportunity imo
    Positioning and moving mobs would be incredibly challenging for Blizzard and players. This just like a ranged tank seems.like something that is never going to happen or work out if they try it.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    i mean melee stole the spec first lol
    The irony is great, isn't it?

Melee survival lovers always try to justify changing it from ranged, a million reasons, a million excuses. But the second their precious is threatened, it's all out hypocrisy .

Quote Originally Posted by Makaloff View Post
    once again it doesnt matter how many tank speccs you introduce, beacuse people in general dont want to play tanks. its the same in TBC and other games aswell, nobody likes the responsability and everything that comes with it. it wont lower the demand beacuse people still dont want to play the role and in raids the roles are limited for tanks aswell.
    I do agree that tanking has a lack of pull, mostly because its reward structure for playing well is non existent.

However, the part about " it doesnt matter how many tank speccs you introduce" just isnt true. If 90% of the specs in the game could tank there would not be a shortage. Now obviously 90% is hyperbolic and would never happen but there is a line somewhere.

No he is not and you are not. There is no such evidence and you fail to comprehend statistics, propabilities and behaviours.
    That is your opinion, let's just say I'm glad we havent had more tanks given to people like you, purely out of selfish reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Chain Chungus View Post

Melee survival lovers always try to justify changing it from ranged, a million reasons, a million excuses. But the second their precious is threatened, it's all out hypocrisy .
    Yep.

It's terrible that they changed the spec to melee. It opened the door for everyone and their bad ideas for the class. And those who love melee SV know that the very thing they justify happening to the old spec could very well happen to their spec. Nothing is sacred and they know it, but they got what they want so they don't care so long as they don't end up losing what they like.

It's sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    I do agree that tanking has a lack of pull, mostly because its reward structure for playing well is non existent.

However, the part about " it doesnt matter how many tank speccs you introduce" just isnt true. If 90% of the specs in the game could tank there would not be a shortage. Now obviously 90% is hyperbolic and would never happen but there is a line somewhere.
    there will always be a shortage, sure you might have more options but it wont solve the shortage as the shortage isnt tied to how many tank specc that is avaible but rather to the fact people dont want to tank. besides, i dont think its a good idea to piss off the survival players even more by making their specc into a tank specc

Not bullshit. Having more options/flavours to be a tank will lead to more people trying and potentially sticking to that new option. Not to a fundamentally large degree, but there will be more tanks. See, I have as much clairvoyance as you.
    This is how nearly every tank I've met has started. They play DPS warrior and they get tired of always having to queue. They eventually give it a try and decide its worth the hassle sometimes. If they were a Rogue they'd never have the option.

Quote Originally Posted by Makaloff View Post
    there will always be a shortage, sure you might have more options but it wont solve the shortage as the shortage isnt tied to how many tank specc that is avaible but rather to the fact people dont want to tank. besides, i dont think its a good idea to piss off the survival players even more by making their specc into a tank specc
    now you're walking it back, first its more specs doesn't add more tank players. Now its well its still a shortage. But there is a huge difference between 1 in 100 players playing tank and 1 in 10/20/50/75. Still a shortage but would def add more tanks to the pool to groups get going more frequently. Unless of course you disagree with hypothetical I proposed. So I guess I should re-ask... If 90% of specs in the game could tank, do you think groups would still be waiting on tanks in order to run content?

Also I never really stood on the side of survival should be swapped to a tank spec. I don't think it would be a bad idea and the core spells were there buts a melee spec now and im not expecting a rework. The thread had evolved past the OP and my original comment was a response to a crude statement claiming to refer to stats that as far as i know... don't exist. And as far as I'm concerned there is a reason why the poster I quoted didn't respond with those stats(they don't have them).

Who knew people complained on the internet about changes they don't like... (both scenarios, because they are actually the same scenario respectively)

7+ Year Old Account

Red face

That's the spirit
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    ps. Do you know why so-called Blizzard fans' behavior is very offensive sometimes? Is it because they also aren't trust devs, understanding that they can just same way change/return everything back? Is it because these devs have already done so in the past (neglected rules, betrayed their old customers), which means that this can happen with current ones?
    There's a world behind the world, Professor Robinson. Lie once, cheat twice and everything becomes clear. Do not mistake my deception for a character flaw. It is philosophical choice, a profound understanding of the universe. It is a way of life. (c)
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2022-06-27 at 06:00 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__