Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Burning Crusade Classic Realm Consolidation Coming August 9

Burning Crusade Classic Realm Consolidation Coming August 9
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    To maintain healthy populations for Burning Crusade Classic realms, we’ve regularly reviewed realm populations and offered Free Character Transfers from realms that dropped to a low population. Additionally, we’ve made the decision to retire some Burning Crusade Classic realms and consolidate their remaining players onto other realms that have higher populations. We plan to perform this realm consolidation and retire the following realms with weekly maintenance the week of August 9:

Anathema
    Bigglesworth
    Blaumeux
    Deviate Delight
    Fairbanks
    Felstriker
    Heartseeker
    Herod
    Incendius
    Kirtonos
    Kromcrush
    Kurinnaxx
    Loatheb
    Netherwind
    Rattlegore
    Reaper
    Skeram
    Smolderweb
    Stalagg
    Sul’thraze
    Thalnos
    Thunderfury

What this means is that all of the Burning Crusade Classic realms listed above will be retired and will no longer be accessible after August 9. All player-characters remaining on these realms will be automatically moved to a new destination realm. We will post a full list of retiring realms and their destinations soon.

Please note: Player-characters that are automatically moved during the realm consolidation on August 9 may be unavailable for up to two weeks thereafter.

All of the realms in the list above currently have Free Character Transfers available to multiple active destination realms. We strongly encourage you to take advantage of the Free Transfers prior to August 9 to choose your destination. Utilizing this service will move your characters quickly and will allow you to avoid being subject to the automatic migration on August 9.

Find more information on Free Character Transfers here.

In the coming weeks, we plan to remove the restriction on transfers from Normal to PvP realms in Burning Crusade Classic. At that time, we will open additional Free Character Transfers from underpopulated Normal realms wherever appropriate, and we will remove the rule on PvP realms that prevents players from having characters in both factions on the same PvP realm in Burning Crusade Classic. We’ll confirm all of the details as soon as we’re ready to take those steps.

Thank you!

7+ Year Old Account
    burning crusade classic seems to be going nicely
    why not just merge the realms like they normally do so people can keep there names ?
    Last edited by Julmara; 2022-06-07 at 12:51 AM.

About a year after it should have happened but at least it's happening..

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Julmara View Post
    burning crusade classic seems to be going nicely
    why not just merge the realms like they normally do so people can keep there names ?
    People say connected realms kill the sense of community. Looks like blizzard is trying to keep said sense that people ask for.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    People say connected realms kill the sense of community. Looks like blizzard is trying to keep said sense that people ask for.
    And then they'll whine because somone else has "their" name on the destination server(s).

This is like a hundred times better than connecting realms, it's shocking blizzard hasn't tried this on retail yet.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    And then they'll whine because somone else has "their" name on the destination server(s).
    well ya that's obviously going to happen but it's what people are asking for it every time they say classic is community focused and connected realms kill the community.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Nobody is going to cry, becasue those servers are literally dead. Go log into any of them and the only ones online are bots farming mats without interference.
    All that's left is a bunch of underleveld alts from people who transfered their mains months ago.

nobody gives a fiddlers fuck about a lvl 14 name

10+ Year Old Account
    RIP Holybringer

People play their main on Mankrik, Benediction, Faerlina and Pagle.
    Nobody gives a shit about the rest
    Medium servers are becoming graveyard

10+ Year Old Account
    Wonder if they'll allow people to carry more Gold with the transfers or if all the items on the Auction House will be moved over to the destination Realm. Otherwise those who get moved/have to move will be royally screwed.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Finally a proper consolidation, hopefully they will do the same in retail.

You know your game is awesome when you close 22 server less than a year into TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    You know your game is awesome when you close 22 server less than a year into TBC.
    It’s a reissue of a 15 year old game that has its most popular of all expansions being reissued in less than a year.

I let my sub lapse due to inconsistent time to play, which is likely a large portion of the player base who came back for TBC.

On a side note, I was definitely going to resub for Wrath despite playtime issues, however, the announcement regarding to dungeon finder changed my mind.

Does this mean that they predict wotlk will have less of a demand than even BC?

There are no copies anymore, everyone is moved over automatically.

Not surprised. Legacy servers were a mistake.

Great... but as always like 1 year too late.
    They got money from paid transfers and now show how they 'care' about the community...

This is a good move, they should do the same with retail. We don't need this many empty servers around as the game is nowhere near as popular as it was 10 years ago.

Gotta love people getting worked up about this without even understanding what it is ... there is no "consolidation", they're just shutting down servers that no one has played on for months and letting you know to transfer your shit if you still have some sort of alt there or else you'll just find it on a random server.
    They're not doing this for people's quality of play ... they're just doing it cause it makes no sense to keep servers up for no reason.