Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

New WoW race/class combo

I am not hyped for the new dragon race/class. Is it just me or is it not that great?

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    It's not out yet so we can't tell if it's great or not.

Quote Originally Posted by zsecmmo View Post
    I am not hyped for the new dragon race/class. Is it just me or is it not that great?
    I'd say just wait it out and see what unfolds.

I'm very hyped, though it could definetly use some slight tweaks on its model

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    If they fixed the model or gave it better options I would be hyped.
    Just a little disappointing with what they’ve shown.

The class seems fun though, seems like it could fix the issue I have with casters.

Here’s to hoping at a minimum if they don’t fix the model that they’d go through with letting combat be done in visage form, with only certain abilities transforming you temporarily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

I know too little about them but I do hope that they improve the dracthyr model

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not excited. All i see is demon hunter 2.0 with no options beyond the single races ya get (male be female human) greaaattt.

It's a new race limited to a single damn class. That's not cool or fun. I dont think I am the only one that wants to make a heavily armored dragon that wields a massive sword.

(Not starting on how the form looks)

7+ Year Old Account
    They look like someone's scaly version of a fursuit
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    If they fixed the model or gave it better options I would be hyped.
    Just a little disappointing with what they’ve shown.

The class seems fun though, seems like it could fix the issue I have with casters.

Here’s to hoping at a minimum if they don’t fix the model that they’d go through with letting combat be done in visage form, with only certain abilities transforming you temporarily.
    Doubt that, they never allowed that to Worgen whose transformation Is minor compared to the famelic lizards they're offering as the high selling point of the expansion.

I actually would love other races having access to evoker. Would be there at launch to play with a dwarf or worgen evoker. But for nos I'm probable waiting at least a month yo but the expansion and come back to the game.

So far the new class/race combination are one of the few things I'm looking forward. Can't wait ti create my stealthy light infused space goat.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    They look like someone's scaly version of a fursuit
    This is disturbingly accurate.
    Last edited by rpdrichard; 2022-05-28 at 05:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

I don't think the concept is bad. Players have wanted Dragonmen/Weredragons/Drakonids for ages. Restricting the Evoker class to a Dragon race isn't a bad idea either.

But the Drac'thyr design is so laughably bad that it kills the hype completely. It's straight off the front page of Furaffinity.

And then the fact that they can only be Belf Males and Human Females, takes all the fun out of Dragons being able to choose any form they want, it's a Warcraft staple.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like it...but it's hard for me to personally be hyped because we haven't really gotten many details

I like the Dracthyr race. I especially like the fact that the race and class and mutually locked. But I can't heal to save my life - or more to the point anyone else's. I can play Balance and Affliction but I really don't feel comfortable with any other Spell DPS specs. So I'm not sure I'll enjoy the Evoker. But I may. I do enjoy leveling as a Holy Priest so I may be able to enjoy non-instanced content with the Evoker.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Eh I don't like ranged or healing so I probably wont play them at all. Doesn't make them bad just not my cup of tea wasn't a fan of DKs when they came out either and most folks didn't like Monks

Personally I've never liked the male Blood Elf model with the raised shoulder, that's literally the only thing I don't like. I wish we could have a symetrical human visage form like Deathwing does.

Just because a model has pointy ears doesn't instantly make the elves...

The dracthyr could be from planet vulkan. See? Totally not elven.

Also the female visage form also has pointy ears. Why aren't those seen as elves?

And last but not least: we have seen like 4 faces each (Visage and dragon form), as well a few colors. It has been confirmed day 1 that the race will have multiple body types (only 1 shown in footage) and we have seen none of the remaining customization options. So, just wait for alpha so that we can ACTUALLY see how the race will look. I'm 100% certain, that once alpha rolls out, hundreds of youtubers will be making videos that show every single customization option.

The only valid reason to complain now is the race's inability of wearing armor.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wish the Evoker-class was available to all races and have the Dracthyr-form as the bonus to the class (for spelleffects and such).

The class seems fun to play but I don't think I will play it because I don't like playing beast-races at all, i have the same with Worgen, if they make the curse a toggle I would roll a Resto Druid.

I'd be moderately excited for it if your visage form could be any race, instead of strictly "not-human female" and "not-blood-elf male".

I'm interested in the class but the race looks like a fuckwagon of volcanic diarrhea. There should be masculine, heroic body option.

Same, honestly.

Thematically it's a nothingburger to me, akin to the monk, and gameplay-wise it's a wait-and-see, though some of the gimmicks they announced could be cool.
    Perhaps better if applied to other classes as well though (i mean i still think a "charge to increase" style ability could work for i.e. a warrior's cleave, which could then be anything from the small instant cleave we know to a huge charged cleave, potentially knocking back opponents or somesuch; see Saurfang the younger vs. Lich King Arthas at the wrath gate).

And, well, the dracthyr designs just don't really do it for me yet. Perhaps i need to see them in-game, experience the rest of the context, but for the moment it's just nothing to me.

Dragonriding though? Hype.
    Especially if they finally manage mounted combat / proper utilisation of our countless mounts.
    They managed proper gameplay integration with battle pets, why not with mounts?
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Nothing about this expansion has interested me yet. Maybe that will change but I doubt it. I think blizzard is creatively bankrupt. Thete us no heart or passion put into this game anymore.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam