Thread: [Movie] Prey

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    What sarcasm? It's like if he said alien covenant is a better movie than 1st Alien movie.

I think his opinion is just flat out wrong in every way. He can have any opinion he wants, but don't expect it not to be challenged.

He even givs the shitty dub praise, even though they didn't even make the fucking effort to synch it with the movie, it's jarring.

I decided to watch it 1st time with the comanche language, cuz I assumed they did the basic work n that's how you were supposed to see movie, but no, they screwed it up.

If anything, you should be asking him, if he is being sarcastic by claiming 1st movie isn't the best.
    Totally, all opinions are open to challenge. But you sound personally insulted by this. Like on a deep emotional level. Who hurt you?

"For me it's the best Predator movie if you remove the nostalgia for the first one."

I will translate: "The first predator movie is the best, but if you take away my nostalgia for it, then this would be the best."

They legit said the first one was the best.

"Why do u like prey? Cuz arnie didn't display superpowers fighting skills n speed n situatinoal awareness like he is Flash or something?"

Not sure where you pulled that from. But if that is your head canon about what they think. Go off cuz.

"Or cuz prey girl jumps like some anime superpowered being?"

More head canon.

"U said 1st movie isn't best, THOSE ARE FIGHTING WORDS!"

But like, they didn't say that.

You gotta be trolling here.
    Last edited by Kathandira; 2022-08-23 at 04:47 PM.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

5+ Year Old Account
    Dude, what he said that if we weren't 'blinded' by nostalgia we would realize that movies on their own merit, that prey is better than 1st movie, that's basically what he said.

And that is total bullshit.

The lil girl moves around like some anime or superhero, like it's 300 or Assassin's Creed

like this peak cringe

Prey is basically a fan film that is full of teenage overdose on red bulls..

it's supposed to be in the same universe as Dutch and his team, that are top soldiers that got all got shredded as if they were boy scouts...Dutch only survived by pure luck, this all served to set the level the Predator is at, set the tension in meeting a superpowerful alien, all the tension goes out the window when teen girl Prey just goes through the French n Predator as if they are trash mobs in a video game, too much plot armor, is, which isn't an opinion, lazy writing.

So no, Prey cannot be a better movie. And the fact that I saw 1st movie in cinema n it holds up like a new movie, well, Prey with its cgi predator n bear, will never, ever, have any lasting power like 1st movie.

So, it's not about opinions, the guy is just flat out wrong, n him getting it wrong on the dub, makes me wonder, has he even seen the movie? How the fudge can you not notice when sound out of synch? Lol?

We can all have opinions, I for one really like 1st Jurassic World movie, I can understand why others don't, to me it's a fun popcorn movie, but I would err if I claimed it surpasses 1st Jurassic Park movie, n if I said something like that, people should call that bullshit out.

Prey had the potential to be a good movie, and it was, until the ending when she got over 9000 power level...

Prey is like a Kung Fu movie, where the hero is surrounded by a 100 people n he kicks everyones ass, deflects the blows, but when u are watching that, it is with the understanding that is that kind of movies, you are supposed to watch a large quantity of strikes, blows n kicks etc, if they were realistic, the fighting would end too soon. But Prey is in same universe as 1st movie where humans don't have supersenses like freaking Spiderman... I would forgive Prey if it tried to be a parody, comedy, or something else, instead it pretends to be in the same universe.
    BULLSHIT.
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2022-08-23 at 06:18 PM.

We can all have opinions
    This is all a bunch of your opinions though. There is no such thing as a measure of "better" in media entertainment. That doesn't exist.

5+ Year Old Account
    I's sorta funny that technically in both the original Predator and Prey movie the win condition is the same. They both figure out how to be "invisible" for the predator while their opponent loses that advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazza View Post
    I's sorta funny that technically in both the original Predator and Prey movie the win condition is the same. They both figure out how to be "invisible" for the predator while their opponent loses that advantage.
    I think Prey intentionally paralleled the first movie in all the important "predator" beats. Not just the invisibility (they both specifically lowered their body temperature, of course), but also in that we open with the predator hunting badass warriors in the wilds, and losing to primitive but clever traps

Good movie overall. I enjoyed it, and would recommend it to people looking for a good sci fi action movie.
    Not as good as the Predator and Predator 2, but a close 3rd.
    Had some problems with the movie that lessened the enjoyability of it.
    Nothing too big, but it definitely seemed like she has way too much plot armor. She was put in so many situations just to be saved by something else that it got a little tiring.
    I didn’t like how her brother was kicking it’s ass and then just kind of gave up after it cloaked and he hears a branch snap behind him. Doesn’t try to run, duck, spin around, or anything, but has a little time to give an inspiring speech to his sister.
    The helmet being completely automated was odd, as well as firing darts out of it that appear as long as, or even longer and wider, than the helmet itself. I guess the darts could be explained by alien technology forming them rapidly as it fires, but it’s a little odd. An energy weapon, or just smaller darts with some kind of container would make much more sense.
    The last thing was the gun. It was an interesting nod to the 2nd movie, but it pretty much erases the comic book story that was based around it; and, as a couple other people pointed out, kind of insinuates that another Predator is going to just come along and take it from them, potentially wiping out all of them.
    Those minor gripes aside, it was still enjoyable and worth a watch in my opinion.

I know some gripe about the design, but they’ve already shown other designs can exist with the larger and slightly different ones from Predators, and having different castes and appearances from a species we know almost nothing about is pretty cool and opens up all kinds of different designs that can come along.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2022-08-25 at 04:00 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    The helmet being completely automated was odd, as well as firing darts out of it that appear as long as, or even longer and wider, than the helmet itself. I guess the darts could be explained by alien technology forming them rapidly as it fires, but it’s a little odd. An energy weapon, or just smaller darts with some kind of container would make much more sense.
    the darts then selfs didn’t come out of the helmet they were just linked into its target so that they will always find there mark even if the predator were to shoot in a completely different direction.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    the darts then selfs didn’t come out of the helmet they were just linked into its target so that they will always find there mark even if the predator were to shoot in a completely different direction.
    Good catch. I just rewatched the scenes real quick and saw I completely missed that. So I retract that part from my problems list.
    I just thought he was missing without the guidance and had separate projectiles coming from the helmet during the camp scene, and I must have sneezed or looked away during the part at the swamp when I first watched it
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2022-08-25 at 04:25 PM.

Oh? In what way? Cuz I saw the 1st movie in cinema before the pandemic, it's a kick-ass movie, the cinematography not only holds up, looks like a new movie.

Why do u like prey? Cuz arnie didn't display superpowers fighting skills n speed n situatinoal awareness like he is Flash or something? It seems some people have their idea of movies by watching too many mcu movies...

Or cuz prey girl jumps like some anime superpowered being?

U said 1st movie isn't best, THOSE ARE FIGHTING WORDS!

what is up with ur praise of the dub, did u even wstch with it? Cuz the issue there is it's out of synch ffs!
    My guy, you are getting way too emotional over a different opinion.

I watched the Comanche dub. I didn't notice any glaring sync issues. Nothing major anyway.

And Naru came off more like a normal person than Arnold did, to be honest. Real special forces guys aren't 'roided up bodybuilders. And most of the time when emotional internet guys cry about female characters being Mary Sues it's a result of, in my opinion, movie from the 80s where most male protagonists were Gary Stu's. Arnold in almost any movie from the 80s was a Gary Stu. Predator? Yep. Commando? Hell yes. Many of Stallone's, Schwarzenegger's, Bronson's, and other action stars were the same way. You can't cry about one and be ok with the other.

The first Predator will always be the best for me because of nostalgia and being the first movie in the franchise. I was 5 when the original came out, I saw it a few years later when I was 10 or so. But if I put my emotional attachment to the first aside, all it has going for it is the practical effects, where Prey was mixed digital and practical. My opinion is that structurally (meaning plot) and technically (camera quality, cinematography) Prey is a better-made movie. And yes, seeing a Native American girl have to think and adapt to her situation dealing with the Predator is a more original idea then yet another 'roided up super soldier spouting one-liners while suspiciously sucking on a stogie.

I like both movies, I just said I like them for different reasons. Chill the fuck out.

Never watched the original movie.
    One evening me and my fiancee, we decided to watch Housewife 5: Prey.
    Didn't like it one bit, but the reviews kept saying it keeps a close 2nd after the original, so we had watched the original, too.
    The original is better, not only due to Arnold being a convincing presence, but also due to the original film characters looking, well, alive, especially the sweaty black guy with his shaving habit.

So anyway, the Housewife 5: Prey.
    They keep on praising mildhunter performance, but I didn't find her to be convincing in any way, especially after that scene with the swamp and dragging herself out with a rope attached to a throwing axe, I mean, she weights what, 50 kilos, add any amount that is suction by the swamp, and both the twigs between which the axe was lodged, and the rope too - hold on and do not break?
    It was off.
    Though the way those white male french... *scoffs* ...men were portrayed was amusing.

So to finish it off, I've read almost all the top critic reviews Prey has on IMDB, and one especially stuck with me.
    It stated something along the lines of: "if you think too much, the movie starts to crumble and fall apart. So do not think."