Thread: [Movie] Prey

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Cavemen next, I want to see Stones thrown at technologically advanced aliens winning the day!
    gotta be samurais for me

this movie was also cool because it had a good dog in it

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    gotta be samurais for me

this movie was also cool because it had a good dog in it
    The best part of Predators was when a Yakuza dueled one to the death with a katana, so an entire movie of honorabru warriors slicing and dicing each other to pieces would be right up my alley as well.

I gotta watch this one then, considering all the positive buzz 'round it. And I'll always be a sucker for good bois.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

I think a good follow up movie is where the Predator comes out on top. In particular the one predator that tossed Danny Glover's character a flintlock.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I think a good follow up movie is where the Predator comes out on top. In particular the one predator that tossed Danny Glover's character a flintlock.
    Would be nice to see. I could be wrong but o think that same predator is even in the rage war books and it references Glover off handily so it would be great to keep the character going in Disney canon.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Decent movie, not the worst in the franchise.
    But dont even comes close to the 1e and 2e like some want you to beleave.

Also YES its woke, just shut your brain off and keep cheering for the predator and you will be fine till the last 20 min then you really get annoyed but heck most movies do that woke feminist crap in the whole movie and put it into your face atleast now it was most of the time in the background. And ofc the white males in this movie are retarts and do the most wierd things without any reason... But i guess that is like a thing in the US right now to bash and be racist toward white males.
    Was a decent time i had with it, will i ever watch it again? nope dont think i will and a sequel heck no when you see the last scene you know what i mean with it.
    Last edited by tromage2; 2022-08-07 at 01:58 PM.

A guilty pleasure movie for me but overall just decent. A one watch movie. A dumbed down predator to prop up the heroine who just can't pull off the role nor has any plausibility unlike the characters in Aliens or Terminator. Add in a bit of poor writing with far to much writing for "convenience" for Naru and it all goes down hill. Magic plants, predator that doesn't understand his own gear. Poor fight scenes where the predator kills some really badly written French with little problem but then forgets how to fight as he throws around the heroine. Simply not killing her like the did the others. I guess the movie makers just hate the French.

In the end it just wasn't all that good. Better then the last one though I'll give it that much.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    A guilty pleasure movie for me but overall just decent. A one watch movie. A dumbed down predator to prop up the heroine who just can't pull off the role nor has any plausibility unlike the characters in Aliens or Terminator. Add in a bit of poor writing with far to much writing for "convenience" for Naru and it all goes down hill. Magic plants, predator that doesn't understand his own gear. Poor fight scenes where the predator kills some really badly written French with little problem but then forgets how to fight as he throws around the heroine. Simply not killing her like the did the others. I guess the movie makers just hate the French.

In the end it just wasn't all that good. Better then the last one though I'll give it that much.
    If you go back through all the predator movies. Predator is actually incapable of killing humans with vaginas.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing a setting in the future where humans are perhaps enhanced and have better technology. Something where the Predator wins simply from being the superior...predator for once.

Hmm, going to go back on what I said in my review and rank this behind Predator 2. There's just something about a Predator in the city facing off against a Danny Glover who's over its shit...
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Decent movie, not the worst in the franchise.
    But dont even comes close to the 1e and 2e like some want you to beleave.

Also YES its woke, just shut your brain off and keep cheering for the predator and you will be fine till the last 20 min then you really get annoyed but heck most movies do that woke feminist crap in the whole movie and put it into your face atleast now it was most of the time in the background. And ofc the white males in this movie are retarts and do the most wierd things without any reason... But i guess that is like a thing in the US right now to bash and be racist toward white males.
    Was a decent time i had with it, will i ever watch it again? nope dont think i will and a sequel heck no when you see the last scene you know what i mean with it.
    What weird things do the buffalo hunters do? They were of course a cruel but all there actions made sense for there hunting.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    What weird things do the buffalo hunters do? They were of course a cruel but all there actions made sense for there hunting.
    They weren't gentlemen who offered a baguette to a stranger in need.

I thought it was okay. I also thought Predators (2010) was good and The Predator (2018) was not.

This one was kind of a refreshing take on the franchise; seeing how humanity through different ages (and different eras of technology and general understanding of the world around them for that time) has dealt with Yaujta and their superior technology.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    They weren't gentlemen who offered a baguette to a stranger in need.
    That’s very true not even the “nice” one did.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    It's really not.

As for the CGI - a lot of trailers aren't released with the full post-production effects in place. It's stupid to judge/assume CG quality based only on a trailer.
    Well it's misrepresentation to infuse modern gender politics, because many if not most Native American tribes weren't misogynistic like they were portrayed in this movie. Native Americans had female warriors...and women were often in charge of many things.

Native Americans have already gone through enough shit from white people without them being portrayed as sexist.
    Last edited by Kithelle; 2022-08-07 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Well it's misrepresentation to infuse modern gender politics, because many if not most Native American tribes weren't misogynistic like they were portrayed in this movie. Native Americans had female warriors...and women were often in charge of many things.

Native Americans have already gone through enough shit from white people without them being portrayed as sexist.
    Hollywood has shown that they have a really hard time writing movies with female protagonists that doesn't revolve around men being big bad meanie faces.

The Comanche were not misogynistic toward Naru. They just thought she was a better healer than a hunter, as she often failed hunting. The movie shows her failing a lot before the end too.

They had no ill will because Naru was a woman. They didn't think she was very good, and she wasn't.

The movie was made with the help and approval of Commanche by the way.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2022-08-07 at 07:45 PM.

I enjoyed the movie. It does seem weird that Naru claims she's a badass warrior but then runs away from every fight and then suddenly at the end she just slaughters like 5 people without breaking a sweat. I get that she ran because she was outmatched and we do get some training montages of her doing well with the axe, I just wish they would have eased into that end scene a bit more during the movie.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Native Americans definitely had gender roles though they just weren't as extreme as the European settlers they encountered. Indigenous women generally did not hunt or go war in most tribes.

Some of these comments man, cringeworthy in the name of owning the libs. You can tell who hasn't watched horror movies, and who’s paid attention to Predator movies.

It was a decent movie to watch. I enjoyed it all the way through.

Thats the same flintlock from P2. I wondered how they got it back to give to Glover at the end until the little animated ending where it showed multiple predator ships show up. So apparently they rest of them showed up and took it back.