Thread: [Movie] Prey

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    Predators also revealed that they improve their tech, tactics, etc each season.
    Predators seemingly displays a group of bad blood who are rouge from the rest of predator society. So it could very well be that only bad bloods tend to upgrade tech while the rest stick to the same old stuff as there another example of bad bloods doing so when they use more advanced tech to take over abunch of xenomorpths to use as hunter dogs and are later put down by a group of normal predators.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    This is likely going to be a hit for Hulu. Every time Hulu has released any information on it, the product kills in social media reactions and demographic interest.
    And it has become so. Hulu's biggest hit ever.

https://collider.com/prey-hulu-all-t...-one-premiere/

When I saw the social media numbers and the INSANE engagement the first trailer got, I knew they were gonna have a successful picture. Happy for the filmmaker's success.

The demographics are incredible for the film. Absolutely incredible.

I can't say I'm shocked it's hulu's biggest release looking at their previous catalog of hulu originals. Hulu doesn't have a plethora of good original material at all. prey would pull in anyone that likes the franchise even if he movie sucked or was a blockbuster. A guilty pleasure of sorts. Which in turn makes me wonder how they calculate drop-off rates.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    That'd be true only if the characters portrayed by Glover and Arnold turned off their brains and fought as a 600-800lbs bear.
    I'm talking about the Predator. If the Predator can demolish a bear, what makes you think there'd be any meaningful difference between Arnold and an average human?

Hell, even in the original film Dutch took a blast from the plasma caster and only got a minor wound when it tore completely through the other commandos. And he still only won the battle because he got lucky and the Predator stepped under the big counterweight log for his trap.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2022-08-10 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I'm talking about the Predator. If the Predator can demolish a bear, what makes you think there'd be any meaningful difference between Arnold and an average human?
    You were under no illusion by the end of Predator that, even after being wounded by machine gun fire and hit with explosives, the predator would have killed Dutch with ease in a one on one fight, it was only that Dutch outsmarted it that he managed to walk away.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    You were under no illusion by the end of Predator that, even after being wounded by machine gun fire and hit with explosives, the predator would have killed Dutch with ease in a one on one fight, it was only that Dutch outsmarted it that he managed to walk away.
    Yeah, exactly. Same case here. It was ultimately about quick thinking and adaptation, not brawn. That's sort of the point.

In both cases it's not like the Predator's strength was consistent. He completely tore through all of the big burly soldiers in Dutch's platoon but when it came time to fight Dutch, it was only able to injure him superficially.

No matter how superhuman Dutch seemed by the end -- and sure maybe it was more believable because he was a body builder -- he was still not even in the same league in terms of strength.

You might as well be comparing both Dutch and Naru to a freight train.

Honestly thought this was the 2nd best one, but that's not a high bar as most pure predator movies have been bad. Hard to rate next to AvP as its a very different sort of predator movie.

Its not like she beat the predator through raw strength. Her brother did a bit of damage, and most damage she scored against it were using a pistol or using the predator's own tech against it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Yeah, exactly. Same case here. It was ultimately about quick thinking and adaptation, not brawn. That's sort of the point.

In both cases it's not like the Predator's strength was consistent. He completely tore through all of the big burly soldiers in Dutch's platoon but when it came time to fight Dutch, it was only able to injure him superficially.

No matter how superhuman Dutch seemed by the end -- and sure maybe it was more believable because he was a body builder -- he was still not even in the same league in terms of strength.

You might as well be comparing both Dutch and Naru to a freight train.
    Pretty sure he punch naru and she take it just fine, and then she broke one of his tuks, its illogical it her frame and constitution.

Too bad movies don't bring in big and bulk woman to do those fights, while still not much believable(cause humans are weaker than the alien) at least it would not be so blatantly, like in the first two movies, i at least think it would be rad

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    I liked the part where the Predator absolutely demolished a bear but somehow discount pocahontas was able to give the Predator a run for his money
    It’s almost like you ignored the fact that the Predator was wounded, rather heavily, by the time of the final battle. Also worth noting is that humans are generally smarter than bears

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    It’s almost like you ignored the fact that the Predator was wounded, rather heavily, by the time of the final battle. Also worth noting is that humans are generally smarter than bears
    I mean I get it, but there was still sillyness, like how easily she tore off a tusk, her staggering it so easily, and the fact she was fine after the choke slam, like I was enjoying the movie but the final fight scene left a bit to be desired.
    Last edited by bledgor; 2022-08-10 at 10:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm happy this film got a lot of traction, because it deserves it.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    It's not terrible. Everything beats the previous on. I don't think it's better than 1. 2 was my first one so I can't diss it. I have to rewatch Predators. It's not bad though. I'm not mad that I watched it.
    that's practically a standing ovation, for a gamer forum, these days, lol.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    I mean I get it, but there was still sillyness, like how easily she tore off a tusk, her staggering it so easily, and the fact she was fine after the choke slam, like I was enjoying the movie but the final fight scene left a bit to be desired.
    I mean yeah it’s a bit unrealistic but as I pointed out earlier any human successfully fighting a Predator is unrealistic. Whether it’s the protagonists of the first 2 films or the ones in the other movies that I’ve not seen yeah they’re no match. But it wouldn’t be much of a movie if they lost, would it?

10+ Year Old Account
    I highly enjoyed the movie. On par with the first two to me. Few nice call backs.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys judge current movies with the highest of standards, turning minor nitpicks into gigantic fails, all the while judging old movies with the most forgiving lens possible. It's almost like you guys want to hate something or logic your way into a criticism. What a weird way to live.

I liked the movie just fine. Couple of things were kinda weird but honestly? Pretty good movie.

I have only watched the first predator a long time ago, so I dont even know the more recent ones.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    You guys judge current movies with the highest of standards, turning minor nitpicks into gigantic fails, all the while judging old movies with the most forgiving lens possible. It's almost like you guys want to hate something or logic your way into a criticism. What a weird way to live.

I liked the movie just fine. Couple of things were kinda weird but honestly? Pretty good movie.

I have only watched the first predator a long time ago, so I dont even know the more recent ones.
    I would recommend Predators (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1424381/). You would like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    I would recommend Predators (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1424381/). You would like it.
    Thanks for the tip! I might check it out.

Never cared a lot about predator, but this made me slitghly more interested.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

I mean yeah it’s a bit unrealistic but as I pointed out earlier any human successfully fighting a Predator is unrealistic. Whether it’s the protagonists of the first 2 films or the ones in the other movies that I’ve not seen yeah they’re no match. But it wouldn’t be much of a movie if they lost, would it?
    Its more than a bit unrealistic, like come on mate, you have a girl that weighs maybe 100lbs vs Arnie who was like 250 solid muscle and Glover who is still tough but never really engaged it in physical combat, and when he did, it beat the shit out of him. The choke slam should have winded her badly. Like I still enjoyed the movie, but we can all agree it was eye roll fight at the end.
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    Its more than a bit unrealistic, like come on mate, you have a girl that weighs maybe 100lbs vs Arnie who was like 250 solid muscle and Glover who is still tough but never really engaged it in physical combat, and when he did, it beat the shit out of him. The choke slam should have winded her badly. Like I still enjoyed the movie, but we can all agree it was eye roll fight at the end.
    yeah but since when are action movies ever realistic.

yeah but since when are action movies ever realistic.
    There is a limitation to how far you can stretch things, having a 100 lb person (don't care the sex) tussle melee with a predator is too far for me. Just the same as if in predator Arnie jumped 20 feet in the air. Again overall movie was fine for me, but the ending took it from good to okay in my opinion.
    Last edited by bledgor; 2022-08-11 at 03:36 AM.