Poll: Do you think blood elves were stronger than night elves? Who would have won in a war?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    That is literally what happened to them though lol.

The Fall of Silvermoon and Burning of Teldrassil are intentionally written as parallels.

The Quel'dorei had their capital completely destroyed by Arthas (it would later be partially rebuilt in TBC) because Sylvanas (parallel of Delaryn) kept bad-mouthing and mocking Arthas (= parallel of Undead Sylvanas). And so Arthas, as he openly explains, decided to destroy everything the elves built and exterminate them precisely because of their constant defiance (through Sylvanas).

As for the "few flaming catapults" part, in the end it's just bad writing from Blizzard, so it's irrelevant. But Silvermoon was indeed destroyed because Sylvanas made Arthas salty.

I mean, if we want to focus on the details, back in WC3, Silvermoon fell because Arthas bought one goblin zeppelin to cross the bridge Sylvanas destroyed.
    I think Arthas would have sacked silvermoon even if he wasnt salty. These factions should be compared before their downfall.
    Example NE before the orcs set a foot on shores of kalimdor and before Arthas waltzed to the sunwell. NE ruled from M.t Hyjal to Feralas while BE ruled
    current ghostlands and Eversong Woods.
    By those standards NE had a larger kingdom and longer lives so they could train and master their way of war longer but BE/HE have waged more wars because they allied with human kingdoms and their wars.
    The birthrate of BE surpass the NE but by that timeline NE empire would have more soldiers and combatants to call than the BE. Question comes can the NE overcome the birthrate and training of BE in a war of attrition if they cant overwhelm and have a "Quick" war

Quote Originally Posted by Deneios View Post
    I think Arthas would have sacked silvermoon even if he wasnt salty. These factions should be compared before their downfall.
    Example NE before the orcs set a foot on shores of kalimdor and before Arthas waltzed to the sunwell. NE ruled from M.t Hyjal to Feralas while BE ruled
    current ghostlands and Eversong Woods.
    By those standards NE had a larger kingdom and longer lives so they could train and master their way of war longer but BE/HE have waged more wars because they allied with human kingdoms and their wars.
    The birthrate of BE surpass the NE but by that timeline NE empire would have more soldiers and combatants to call than the BE. Question comes can the NE overcome the birthrate and training of BE in a war of attrition if they cant overwhelm and have a "Quick" war
    Arthas' mission wasn't to destroy Quel'Thalas, it was to secure the Sunwell and use it to revive Kel'thuzad. If, for example, the High elves surrendered and made a bargain like the Nightborne did with the Legion, it's not like Arthas would have destroyed them, and indeed Arthas told the elves from the beginning to surrender and let him pass.

In the end, he states that he exterminated them because of their defiance.

Citizens of Silvermoon! I have given you ample opportunities to surrender, but you have stubbornly refused! Know that today, your entire race and your ancient heritage will end! Death itself has come to claim the high home of the elves!
    Which is literally a parallel to Delaryn and Undead Sylvanas.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I do not believe Blood Elves were stronger than Night Elves. This comment comes from a Blood Elf fan.

Blood Elves are the young kids compared to the Night Elven veterans of life. When the High Elves were formed, the Night Elves were still ancient people, and are still considered easily able to overpower the younger elf races.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saintminya View Post
    So I'd say that it is imperative to mention how the Sin'dorei have allies that are more than willing to assist them in most if not every scenario, such as the Nightborne who are magically superior to every playable race if not every extant race period.

Khadgar,Jaina,Medivh,Kel'Thuzad,Anduin - "Let us introduce ourselfs "; like hello, if anything writers made HUMANS most magically superior race by far, 30y.old Human mages know and do more greater things than any 10 000+y. old Nightborne ever showed to us, only maybe Azshara can be better than Jaina, and this is MAYBE.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    true, but dont forget high (blood) elfs were not immortal, they lived shorter hence most likely have faster reproduction cycle

- - - Updated - - -

ehm... burning of teldrasil? didnt that decimate night elf society?
    Admittedly I will in many cases discard any WoW Lore, but wasn't the Burning of Teldrassil the TREE mainly, sort of a symbolic, destroying of their most sacred place. And, it's not like the Scourging of the high elves happened so long ago they had time to reproduce to high numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    Admittedly I will in many cases discard any WoW Lore, but wasn't the Burning of Teldrassil the TREE mainly, sort of a symbolic, destroying of their most sacred place.
    well...no
    it was mentioned many times since there were massive casualties, it was kinda why tyrande went berserk and pretty much her story arc in ardenweald about how many souls went there

as for reproducing high elfs, that was more of a reaction to them being "small part" of night elven society at the time, which is true but it was over 10000 year ago
    yes scourge decimated their UNKNOWN numbers, and that was some 12 years ago, so they could reproduce a bit but surely not enough (kinda depends at what age they are adults, although i doubt its 12 )

thing is the population in wow are so ambiguous we have no clue, but saying belfs were decimated by scourge and ignoring the burning of teldrasil is a bit disingenuous...
    for all we know belfs might outnumber nelfs, but i think they might be close to even for now... though thats as much of a guess as any

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    Admittedly I will in many cases discard any WoW Lore, but wasn't the Burning of Teldrassil the TREE mainly, sort of a symbolic, destroying of their most sacred place. And, it's not like the Scourging of the high elves happened so long ago they had time to reproduce to high numbers.
    20-25years ago and they are not dogs give birth to 6+ puppies.

things they have done lately:

belfs: lose
    nelfs: lose

they are equally bad
    faction leaders power level is inconsistent in every quest they appear as nathanos had to stop me beating the shit out of malfurion back in the darkshore quest in bfa

faction vs faction wars in wow are weird discussions when there are people that are able to cast infernal meteor rains and other different completely unbalance magic that can just burn any city down or cause massive civilian loses by surprise

10+ Year Old Account
    Night Elves seem to be having some pretty serious powers backing them. Their connection to Elune, druids and the dream and green dragonflight is no joke.

Teldrassil was destroyed, but so was Silvermoon and on top of that Kael'thas' betrayal that split the already battered Blood Elves.

I have hard time understanding this tussle here, because ultimately right now both of these are banged up factions that have much more pressing matters than this. But if it'd go to this, I'd say that Night Elves would likely win, simply because they have access to some serious doomsday powers they invoke from time to time - for all the power of Blood Elves they can't really tussle with Elune if it comes to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    But if it'd go to this, I'd say that Night Elves would likely win, simply because they have access to some serious doomsday powers they invoke from time to time - for all the power of Blood Elves they can't really tussle with Elune if it comes to that.
    Depends they did manage to create a method to steal elunes power and said power was used to pretty much raze Nijel's point.

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    If that is Liadrin's assessment, she's either incompetent or naïve. Tyrande and Malfurion took on leadership roles during the War of the Ancients and were more than capable of leading the Kal'dorei and coordinating with the Wild Gods and Ancients. At the current time, Tyrande has thousands of years of battlefield experience and has taken a leadership role in every major conflict from the War of the Ancients to the Battle for Mount Hyjal. Comparatively, what has Liadrin done throughout her entire life? Her major accomplishments have been torturing M'uru with her Blood Knights and kinda just being around. There is her wielding of Ashbringer which may be canonical, although many of the character-weapon pairings at the end of Legion don't make much sense.
    Well, I'm not saying that I necessarily agree with her, but I remember a Blizzard blue post on this issue, I can't find the exact source, and perhaps it was removed a while ago, but this Blizzard employee stated something like, Liadrin meant that she and the Blood Knights were more used to city and siege warfare, and were used to fighting in tighter quarters and melee combat within a large city center like Suramar, while Tyrande and the Sentinels were more accustomed to fighting in more expansive and less restricted forest environments and using guerilla tactics (which is kind of true, remembering the night elves' first appearance in Ashenvale).

Arthas' mission wasn't to destroy Quel'Thalas, it was to secure the Sunwell and use it to revive Kel'thuzad. If, for example, the High elves surrendered and made a bargain like the Nightborne did with the Legion, it's not like Arthas would have destroyed them, and indeed Arthas told the elves from the beginning to surrender and let him pass.

In the end, he states that he exterminated them because of their defiance. Which is literally a parallel to Delaryn and Undead Sylvanas.
    Ah, but the blood elves now have the rejuvenated Sunwell = the restoration of Ban'dinoriel (their impenetrable magical barrier which successfully repulsed millennia of Amani troll attacks and the red dragons' enchanted flame attacks) = even stronger now due to holy and arcane magic combining together. That alone could make a real difference in any theoretical war with the night elves. And the strengthened Sunwell gives them near-immortality and enhanced offensive capabilities also. Remember how powerful the likes of Kael'thas Sunstrider was, for example (he was part of the Council of Six after all), and how formidable Felo'melorn was as an Artifact weapon also, able to clash repeatedly with the likes of Frostmourne.

And I do think that paladins seem stronger than druids, at least the average paladin fighting the average druid, in terms of raw power. Perhaps Malfurion and the Archdruids are different, but they are the exception, not the norm. The blood elves were mocked by even some Horde races like Garrosh and some other orcs, or seen as almost inferior or second-rate, and yet time and time again, they have proved that they are actually not to be underestimated, and a real lethal force to be reckoned with.
    Last edited by OwenBurton; 2022-06-09 at 12:02 PM.
    "You see, there is balance in all things. Wisdom etched in our very fur: Black and white. Darkness and light. When the last emperor hid our land from the rest of the world, he also preserved...our ancient enemy, the mantid. So it is with your Alliance and your Horde. They are not strong despite one another; they are strong BECAUSE of one another. You mistake your greatest strength for weakness. Do you see this?"

Quote Originally Posted by OwenBurton View Post
    Ah, but the blood elves now have the rejuvenated Sunwell = the restoration of Ban'dinoriel (their impenetrable magical barrier which successfully repulsed millennia of Amani troll attacks and the red dragons' enchanted flame attacks) = even stronger now due to holy and arcane magic combining together. That alone could make a real difference in any theoretical war with the night elves. And the strengthened Sunwell gives them near-immortality and enhanced offensive capabilities also.

And I do think that paladins seem stronger than druids, at least the average paladin fighting the average druid, in terms of raw power. Perhaps Malfurion and the Archdruids are different, but they are the exception, not the norm. The blood elves were mocked by even some Horde races like Garrosh and some other orcs, or seen as almost inferior or second-rate, and yet time and time again, they have proved that they are actually not to be underestimated, and a real lethal force to be reckoned with.
    Azerite exists, that stuff unbalances pretty much everything, it is just like the original well of eternity, titan blood but undiluted. With such a power source any war could turn on its head in any given direction at any given time.

If night elves were to use it against their barrier it is doubtful to hold.

The Night elves we speak of are the original rebels who overthrew the corrupt Highborne government and saved the world from destruction. In the modern age, they alone were able to make a worthy stand against the entire might of the Horde unleashed upon their lands.

The Blood elves are weaklings who cannot even reclaim the Ghostlands.

Malfurion alone can most likely annihilate an entire Sin'dorei army all by himself, by using the wisp wall ability that he used to stall the much larger Horde army for weeks.

The Night elves easily win.
    For once in your life, you are not entirely wrong, but...

Spoken like a true traitor to your own people.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saintminya View Post
    How do you figure that the dwindling population of the Night Elves, with only hundreds apparently remaining, outnumber the Blood elves and their constructs? Perhaps you know something I don't.
    The night elfs only lost there civilian population there military was more or less unaffected by the burning of the tree and would vastly put number the blood elfs who were a fraction of the night elf population and then further reduced by 9/10ths in WC3.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Loreth88 View Post
    20-25years ago and they are not dogs give birth to 6+ puppies.
    WC3 is on year 20, Shadowlands is on year 34
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

It's useless to use BFA anyway, since there are no numbers or estimations about the NE losses, and that it doesn't make any sense anyway.

The op held the parameter that the question was before the events that led to BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    WC3 is on year 20, Shadowlands is on year 34
    So even less, They are not rabbits either, player base are mostly b elf but the lore is different.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Azerite exists, that stuff unbalances pretty much everything, it is just like the original well of eternity, titan blood but undiluted. With such a power source any war could turn on its head in any given direction at any given time.

If night elves were to use it against their barrier it is doubtful to hold.
    Azerite goes dormant after Azeroth’s injury’s are healed making it no more then a red rock.

In all likelyhood all the azerite form BFA is just useless Rock like Gallywix’s cane was.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    The op held the parameter that the question was before the events that led to BFA.
    Before or after doesn’t really matter, the burning of Teldressil didn’t impact the military as they were away so the fighting forces would be the same either way give or take.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by OwenBurton View Post
    --- snip ---
    all the times that blood elves and night elves fought in the game. the blood elves crushed them. in quelthalas, in azshara, desolace, lorash.

Mod Edit: Don't quote a giant image-filled post for a one-line reply.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2022-06-09 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Removed Quoted Post