Poll: Do you think blood elves were stronger than night elves? Who would have won in a war?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I would say the night elves have the advantage,

They're armies have far more experience they have access to a greater range of powers. I Mean Night elves have fought in multiple wars almost single handily and won them, It even took the entire horde and them diverting the Night elves army for them to win the War of thorns.

Where as the history of the Blood elves has been them relying on the Alliance to survive and now the horde. Honestly I don't think their is even a contest.

NE dont survived the genocide, while 90% of population was killed. NE was what, less then 900 members lost in Teldrassil.
    While in Elegy we are told that the only city guard of Darnassus numbers some 2000 sentinels. Not so terrible if we count blood elves killed by Arthas and then ones that was killed by hunger of mana.

Blood Elves were stronger. They were ostracized out by Night Elves in particular by Malfurion for practically going against his religious beliefs. Bullied, kicked out, had to survive the freezing north and adapt. Picked on by trolls. (Amani wars) Then some guy with a huge ego wiped out a big portion of their population to res his buddy. Leader goes mad with power. I think both the Elves are interesting in their own right but the resilience of the Blood Elves shows strong character.

Edit: If any of this has been retconned cause I know how much of this goes on.. someone can correct me.
    Last edited by Icelin; 2022-08-12 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kixxenn View Post
    Blood Elves were stronger. They were ostracized out by Night Elves in particular by Malfurion for practically going against his religious beliefs. Bullied, kicked out, had to survive the freezing north and adapt. Picked on by trolls. (Amani wars) Then some guy with a huge ego wiped out a big portion of their population to res his buddy. Leader goes mad with power. I think both the Elves are interesting in their own right but the resilience of the Blood Elves shows strong character.

Edit: If any of this has been retconned cause I know how much of this goes on.. someone can correct me.
    Aside from the fact that you erased all context, sure, you got everything right.

You know, the context in which they were still practising magic right after their Arcane magic started a cataclysmic world war that ended the empire and nearly doomed the world. So they were exiled because they were wielding a power deemed too dangerous and unstable, based on recent events.

Which is ironically what the Blood elves would end up doing millennia later to the Void elves, so it's not like they have any moral high ground to stand on, but I digress.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Aside from the fact that you erased all context, sure, you got everything right.

You know, the context in which they were still practising magic right after their Arcane magic started a cataclysmic world war that ended the empire and nearly doomed the world. So they were exiled because they were wielding a power deemed too dangerous and unstable, based on recent events.

Which is ironically what the Blood elves would end up doing millennia later to the Void elves, so it's not like they have any moral high ground to stand on, but I digress.
    Not to mention the actual punishment for wielding arcane magic was death. If it weren't for the mercy of the Night Elves, the Blood Elves wouldn't even exist today.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    Not to mention the actual punishment for wielding arcane magic was death. If it weren't for the mercy of the Night Elves, the Blood Elves wouldn't even exist today.
    Is it still canon that they conjured an arcane storm to attack their own people in a tantrum over being told no magic? Or has that been retconned in the endless Horde whitewashing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    And if the Blood Elves and their ancestors hadn't existed, then the Humans/Alliance wouldn't have existed either, as the Humans of Arathor could only decisively win against the Amani thanks to the High Elves who gracefully taught them the misteries and intricacies of arcane magic (without the Magi burning down the Trolls, the Humans would have never won that major battle of the Troll Wars and eventually Arathor would be doomed, or the Humans would not able to spread in the 7 Kingdoms anyway)

So I would advise caution with this kind of "what-if" because they have huge repercussions for the story of the whole world, not just one race....

Is it still canon that they conjured an arcane storm to attack their own people in a tantrum over being told no magic? Or has that been retconned in the endless Horde whitewashing?
    Possibly still canon, but it was their right to do it as forbidding/banning arcane magic is NEVER the right solution, and magic was the birthright after all. (this is also proven by the madness of Malygos, he was in the wrong too).

And the High Elves of Quel'thalas further proved they were in the right later by intensively using arcane magic without attracting the Burning Legion simply thanks to a few enchanted Runestones that could mask it from the Legion, so no problem at all about that for thousands of years after all, at least until they were destroyed by the Horde and Scourge....
    Last edited by Synvanas; 2022-08-12 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Synvanas View Post
    And the High Elves of Quel'thalas further proved they were in the right later by intensively using arcane magic without attracting the Burning Legion simply thanks to a few enchanted Runestones that could mask it from the Legion, so no problem at all about that for thousands of years after all, at least until they were destroyed by the Horde and Scourge....
    Recent lore suggests that the Blood Elf Magister Elites are now keeping Ban'dinoriel active.
    With the powers of the Sunwell returned - this might not be as straining for them as some might thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Recent lore suggests that the Blood Elf Magister Elites are now keeping Ban'dinoriel active.
    With the powers of the Sunwell returned - this might not be as straining for them as some might thing.
    Can the Nightborne also do it? if they channeled the magic of the Sunwell and took turns with the Sin'dorei Magisters Elites, then certainly they would be less strained doing it....

but I still think it's not possible for them keeping Ban'dinoriel active on Silvermoon permanently, they probably would do it during a future major invasion of Quel'thalas when it's really needed. To do it permanently at every time, the Blood Elves would need the 3 spheres of Kael'thas back as they can channel the power of the Sunwell passively at all times if I am not wrong, but they probably don't work anymore anyway now...
    Last edited by Synvanas; 2022-08-12 at 03:03 PM.

And if the Blood Elves and their ancestors hadn't existed, then the Humans/Alliance wouldn't have existed either, as the Humans of Arathor could only decisively win against the Amani thanks to the High Elves who gracefully taught them the misteries and intricacies of arcane magic (without the Magi burning down the Trolls, the Humans would have never won that major battle of the Troll Wars and eventually Arathor would be doomed, or the Humans would not able to spread in the 7 Kingdoms anyway)

So I would advise caution with this kind of "what-if" because they have huge repercussions for the story of the whole world, not just one race....
    The High elfs fight with the amani, not the humans. The elves taught the Arathi tribe to magic, so the humans can help them better.

Possibly still canon, but it was their right to do it as forbidding/banning arcane magic is NEVER the right solution
    Good to know that betraying and attacking your own people is the right thing to do, rather than oh say, them leaving on their own.

Can't tell if you're serious or RPing the typical Blood Elf hypocrite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Loreth88 View Post
    The High elfs fight with the amani, not the humans. The elves taught the Arathi tribe to magic, so the humans can help them better.
    The Trolls wanted to purge the other races from their former territories, the elves were just the first target

Quote Originally Posted by Loreth88 View Post
    The Amani were attacking Arathor constantly too, not as much as Quel'thalas but the Humans also had to protect their borders at all times and couldn't expand.

So my point still stands overall, if the Amani had not been utterly crushed by the power of the magic of the High Elves, the Amani wouldn't have been defeated and the Humans wouldn't have created the 7 kingdoms (so, no Alliance in the future) at best, or Arathor would have been doomed under the might of the Amani too, at worst.

Possibly still canon, but it was their right to do it as forbidding/banning arcane magic is NEVER the right solution, and magic was the birthright after all. (this is also proven by the madness of Malygos, he was in the wrong too).
    They did go about the whole thing very wrong by unleashing that storm, should have milked the nelves more, starting an expedition to settle somewhere far away, draining resources from those in Kalimdor and then once they were established declare independence.

The Amani were attacking Arathor constantly too, not as much as Quel'thalas but the Humans also had to protect their borders at all times and couldn't expand.

So my point still stands overall, if the Amani had not been utterly crushed by the power of the magic of the High Elves, the Amani wouldn't have been defeated and the Humans wouldn't have created the 7 kingdoms (so, no Alliance in the future) at best, or Arathor would have been doomed under the might of the Amani too, at worst.
    Sacrificing the high elves for human extinction would be a real great trade off
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2022-08-12 at 03:20 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Arguably it was the use of arcane that brought the legion back Sargaras set his sights on Medivh‘S mother because she was the guardian a super mage and then used that power for the dark portal.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Arguably it was the use of arcane that brought the legion back Sargaras set his sights on Medivh‘S mother because she was the guardian a super mage and then used that power for the dark portal.
    You don't need super powers to open a portal, without that super mage Sargeras Avatar could have done the groundwork himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    They did go about the whole thing very wrong by unleashing that storm, should have milked the nelves more, starting an expedition to settle somewhere far away, draining resources from those in Kalimdor and then once they were established declare independence.
    Probably, but in that case without such a decisive act like the arcane storm first, the Night Elves could have had the justification to keep checking on the time at all times, and if they had declared independence elsewhere eventually, the Night Elves could have attacked them because it was an open transgression in their eyes.

Imagine as a real life example, a group of astronauts still bound and affiliated to Earth building a colony on Mars using the resources of Earth, if the colony eventually and suddenly declares independence, they would be attacked by Earth in order to reestablish control. If the astronauts break all relationships with Earth before leaving for exploring open space and find another planet, Earth would leave them alone, because they wouldn't care anymore about them and they wouldn't know where they ended anyway...

Probably, but in that case without such a decisive act like the arcane storm first, the Night Elves could have had the justification to keep checking on the time at all times, and if they had declared independence elsewhere eventually, the Night Elves could have attacked them because it was an open transgression in their eyes.
    At that point they would have been justified to kill the night elves in self defense and the distance would make it hard to enforce their draconic laws. Which is why they originally opted for exile in the first place, the night elves would be shocked and most likely would feel betrayed, but that hardly matters.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    You don't need super powers to open a portal, without that super mage Sargeras Avatar could have done the groundwork himself.
    The whole point of the avatar and possessing Medivh was that he couldn’t do it him self so he needed to find other methods.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    The whole point of the avatar and possessing Medivh was that he couldn’t do it him self so he needed to find other methods.
    The legion already had access to Azeroth due to the Jeweled Scepter of Sargeras, it is how his avatar got there to begin with, Sargeras just has a hard on for a good corruption story.