Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    why alot of other mmorpgs are doing it now its time for wow to get with the times.
    Care elaborate about all those awesome MMORPG where you play by yourself to overcome the biggest challenges in the game, and get the most powerfull gears?

Day 724 of people confusing WoW, a MMO, for a single player game.

No end in sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    No, because I like the idea of my character persisting and progressing, while solo player games are fun once they're done thats it they're done, an mmo is a persistent world thats very suitable for solo players, so how about No I will not go play a different game, why don't you?!
    Because the game is already pretty much how I want it to be?
    Nothing you said isn't already in the game, so I really don't get why you complain.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    It's never been more single player friendly BECAUSE it hasn't been all that single player friendly for most it's life lol. You get how that works right it?

But yes they add a little more SP content with each expac it seems. It's still nowhere the "focus" of the game though, not by a long shot!
    Good. It's not a single player game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by Bramickias View Post
    Care elaborate about all those awesome MMORPG where you play by yourself to overcome the biggest challenges in the game, and get the most powerfull gears?
    He may be referencing Final Fantasy online. It supposedly lets you solo everything.

Which sounds pretty awesome.
    Imagine not actually needing others to gear up, you could just go out and play the content you want to without being at a disadvantage if your buddies were a whole lot worse that day.

It would help, i mean we saw that iwith BfA's visions; get your own gear, less to worry about in terms of power gains dependant on others, so raiding just becomes a lot more chill and help eachother.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    He may be referencing Final Fantasy online. It supposedly lets you solo everything.

Which sounds pretty awesome.
    Imagine not actually needing others to gear up, you could just go out and play the content you want to without being at a disadvantage if your buddies were a whole lot worse that day.

It would help, i mean we saw that iwith BfA's visions; get your own gear, less to worry about in terms of power gains dependant on others, so raiding just becomes a lot more chill and help eachother.
    Not FF14, you can't solo Savage raids or Ultimates, which are the endgame. Must be something else. FF14 got loads of solo content, by their endgame isn't one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashana Darkmoon View Post
    Yeah but those are group pvp games, things you can do in WoW right now!
    No, the part that is progression is rated pvp, that is available for premade groups only. That is, up to now. Matchmade pvp stops being fun after you have all upgrades for honor and cant access higher rewards because you do not play rated.

You don't need premade groups to do m+, nor do you need to schedule certain playtime!
    No, you need that abnomination of the "premade group finder" which is nothing but about social darwinism, by weeding those out that are not strong enough for Hazzikostas great world of performance and competition. That is not even close to what matchmaking is about.

Can do it whenever you want, finding folks is easy unless you start a season late (which is an issue in most season games to some extent or another)
    Most people simply do not do it, mainly because the selection sucks and premade groups suck as well. The devs think it is the great thing in WoW. While the majority never uses it. The majority simply plays matchmade dungeons and solo content, and stops playing whenever they have no more progression or content. The result is millions of players (60%+) quitting after playing one or two months. Simply because the devs forgot to add meaningful power progression for everyone. Simply because the devs design a game for premade groups and "performers" rather than the everyday player who does not keep up with ilevel to be chosen on Hazzikostas selective "premade group finder".

And no stupid bias of the devs will change that. No matter how hard they try. No matter how big the rewards are. No matter how much tunnel vision there is in the game directors office for premade groups.

Visions of N'zoth seem like the closest thing to solo progression, since Torghast is mostly about getting the right powers. Not sure how well those were actually received, though.
    Torghast was not well received because it had no gearing progression, but was some bad try of a "rogue like" in WoW. Probably the developers should focus on core game mechanics and give all players a sense of gearing progression in solo content as well, and not limit the useful gear to premade raids and either premade mythic+ or mythic+ for lower levels for blizzards "premade group finder" abnomination.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Day 724 of people confusing WoW, a MMO, for a single player game.

No end in sight.
    Day 725 of small minorities of gamers ignoring the fact the vast majority of MMORPG players are solo players.
    Last edited by cantrip; 2022-06-18 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Yeah no, that's your very personal wishful thinking. MMO are meant to be played with other people, full stop.

Sure you can do some activities alone, but that will just never be the main point of an MMO. Just play the hundreds of thousand solo games out there.

Your post is at the same level as someone "being afraid they don't see any bowling mode in the next FIFA". You're just not playing the right game for your, period.
    Honestly, the amount of bleating insecure posts like this. Grow up already. Weather you like it or not, there are a great many people that like to play WoW to do stuff by themselves, who like to find meaningful stuff to do by themselves. Blizzard are aware of this.

It's about time you stop throwing your toys out of the pram and deal with it.

When Blizzard first announced Shadowlands, I thought the new features/ content might be a little bit light in comparison to Legion and BFA. Truth be told, BFA might've been a terrible xpac in the mind of some people (including me), the fact is - BFA delivered a lot of new features (most of them failed to live up to their billing, however). The reality is, both covenants and Torghast proved to be a lot bigger and a lot more in-depth than what the majority of players expected upon first announcement (including me).

Well, and Dragonflight has no new feature like Islands, Warfronts or Torghast. Solo players are left alone with a few world quests in Ions new "masterpiece".

I call that de-evolution. And it shows once again how incompetent the devs are, as they do not even add new bread and butter instanced solo gameplay for the vast majority of players anymore.

But the raid will be great. And you have that great new dragon tamagochi you may feed with food you can buy from the auction house. And those new crafting orders, where you may buy crafts including raid mats from raiders for gold. And therefore for tokens. Hello Captain Ahab, hunting whales again?
    Last edited by cantrip; 2022-06-19 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    No, the part that is progression is rated pvp, that is available for premade groups only. That is, up to now. Matchmade pvp stops being fun after you have all upgrades for honor and cant access higher rewards because you do not play rated.

No, you need that abnomination of the "premade group finder" which is nothing but about social darwinism, by weeding those out that are not strong enough for Hazzikostas great world of performance and competition. That is not even close to what matchmaking is about.

I feel like in past iterations of the game I would agree and have some sympathy for this but it's like people are talking about a game that no longer exists. You could theoretically get your character to 275 by running 10s (which are so trivial with 4pc and 2 legendaries you could probably duo or trio them) to 2000 and then just +2s. It has never been mechanically easier in the history of the game to get solid gear. Mythic raid gear has never been less valuable.

We do all get this point, ya?

Mechagnome
    Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    Yes, and that is my point. Rather than you having to play your content to craft items, you simply give gold to a raider to craft them for you. Which is literally another way to make money from tokens for blizzard. Once again it is all about Bobbys profit.

A simple solution would be to be able to upgrade world crafting ingredients into higher level ingredients. As like 10,000 small gnome hides into 1 big gnome hide. But as blizzard wants to make money with their new shiny crafting order system, that is not going to happen. And boosting services will turn into crafting services.
    You don't think that it would just raise the price of small gnome hides and people would just use tokens to buy those anyway? If one thing is about tokens it all has to be.
    Anything worth doing is worth over-doing. Moderation's for cowards.

Quote Originally Posted by xero5141 View Post
    You don't think that it would just raise the price of small gnome hides and people would just use tokens to buy those anyway? If one thing is about tokens it all has to be.
    Those gnome hides could be soul bound. Also it is about the ability to craft items yourself with either effort or gold investment, no matter if you are a raider or not. While a raider would get his big gnome hide from a raidboss, a world quest player would farm 1000 normal hides to be able to turn it into a big hide.

- - - Updated - - -

I feel like in past iterations of the game I would agree and have some sympathy for this but it's like people are talking about a game that no longer exists. You could theoretically get your character to 275 by running 10s
    Theoretically. Practically, people do not play mythic+ dungeons. They simply quit after they have no further progression from matchmade dungeons and world content. And as i said, that does not change how easy you think mythic+ gameplay is. People simply do not play it because they have to interact with strangers more than pushing the "JOIN NOW" button, even if its just about to form a group using Hazzikostas darwinist group finder, where low ilvl players rarely stand a chance to get into.

(which are so trivial with 4pc and 2 legendaries you could probably duo or trio them) to 2000 and then just +2s. It has never been mechanically easier in the history of the game to get solid gear. Mythic raid gear has never been less valuable.
    It is not about getting gear, but about a progression path for solo players and matchmade group players, where gear matters to higher levels of the content you play. The big mistake is that blizzard created one narrow progression path across all different gamestyles rather than to have as diverse progression pathes as the players have. There is not just pvp and pve which should have different pathes, but pvp rated and pvp matchmade, pve split in world content for solo players, instanced solo player content, instanced matchmade content and premade group content. They all are dedicated different gameplay, they all should offer progression for their players giving gear that matters for higher levels of their gameplay. As like there is mythic+ 1-15, there sould be world questing level 1 - 15, torghast like gameplay level 1-15 with gearing etc.

Gear is currently only useful for raiders to master a higher level of their content if their skill level is not high enough. Overgearing should be a valid system for all kind of players. And skill should be the shortcut to higher difficulties. Solo players and matchmade group players literally have one raid level (LFR), two dungeon levels (below world questing rewards, normally) and one world questing difficulty. And the gear you get from those simply does not matter. It does not matter if you have green or epic gear in world content. Gearing rewards are useless. And as gearing progression is a fundamental RPG system, it should be available to every player, not just mythic+ players and premade group raiders.
    Last edited by cantrip; 2022-06-19 at 07:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    All in all, this announcement was probably one of the most conservative one. While i personally think it is good that blizzard don't use all their cards even in the last patch they have added, but really, there was far too little content. Beside of Dragonriding and maybe content they added to it, there is nothing about what endgame-content they will add with Dragonflight. What i'm afraid off is that they simply add the most basic content: Crappy World quests and time locked "Convenant"-quests, and that's all they add. Because beside of this, nothing was announced.

While i personally wasn't a fan of island expeditions, Torghast was actually not bad in the idea. The issue of torghast was not itself, but both the lack and the owerwhelming ties to player power and no meaningful gear progression actually killed it. Nobody wants to play a game where you can't progress inside Torgast itself, but instead need to play somthing else to get better gear to progress there.

But Dragonflight has absolutely nothing yet. Maybe my concerns are unnecessary, but i don't expect anything like Torghast, Mage Tower, Island Expeditions at all, since if they had something up in their sleeve, the yould have announced it.
    Well, no pre-order means release is more than year away. They haven't show any content because they don't have any. Yeah, I agree. After two recent xpacks lack of dedicated casual content - is ultimate factor for me. Yeah, there are tiny pieces of casual content here and there. But they don't assemble into whole picture and there is no smooth transition between them. And I also want to feel like raiders and mythic+ runners. I want to pre-order without any doubts, because I'm sure, that it's guaranteed, that game will have proper content for me. Or at least when I see xpack's announce, I want to see content that is "I'm 100% sure, it's for me" there. I've got tired of toxic trolling during announces, where devs intentionally say, that they're going to make game EVEN MORE hardcore, like if casual players are something disgusting. Such things insult me.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Good. It's not a single player game.
    Yeah I thought the 'mmo' portion of the name kinda gave that away, but /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Bramickias View Post
    Not FF14, you can't solo Savage raids or Ultimates, which are the endgame. Must be something else. FF14 got loads of solo content, by their endgame isn't one of them.
    Ah, i heard wrong then, sorry.
    Still BfA did allow something of the sort with visions, and the point stands that people not being forced into content they do not want to do just for the sake of an equal playing field would help both PuGs and guilds find motivated raiders.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

I'm so excited about the lack of solo play announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Well, no pre-order means release is more than year away. They haven't show any content because they don't have any. Yeah, I agree. After two recent xpacks lack of dedicated casual content - is ultimate factor for me. Yeah, there are tiny pieces of casual content here and there. But they don't assemble into whole picture and there is no smooth transition between them. And I also want to feel like raiders and mythic+ runners. I want to pre-order without any doubts, because I'm sure, that it's guaranteed, that game will have proper content for me. Or at least when I see xpack's announce, I want to see content that is "I'm 100% sure, it's for me" there. I've got tired of toxic trolling during announces, where devs intentionally say, that they're going to make game EVEN MORE hardcore, like if casual players are something disgusting. Such things insult me.
    It's been over 15 years... at any point did you not simply consider buying a single player game?

Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    When Blizzard first announced Shadowlands, I thought the new features/ content might be a little bit light in comparison to Legion and BFA. Truth be told, BFA might've been a terrible xpac in the mind of some people (including me), the fact is - BFA delivered a lot of new features (most of them failed to live up to their billing, however). The reality is, both covenants and Torghast proved to be a lot bigger and a lot more in-depth than what the majority of players expected upon first announcement (including me).
    I never understood their ideas behind some of the content in BfA, most of all warfronts. Warfronts were the biggest feature of the expansion, that everyone wanted to see. Then Stromguard startet as a completely broken mess. I will not start with the Horde gets their strong great earlier, but concentrate just on the technical bugs. I don't know how it was for horde players, but around 50% of the games on alliance said had to be dismissed, because the boss kept resetting indefinitely. Problem is, because a game only terminated, when everyone left, the alliance side sometimes was filled with dozens of broken games. For 2 whole IDs!
    Ignoring that, the fact that warfronts were not available all the time is also so stupid. Want to play them? To bad, have to wait till next week!
    The biggest problem most likely was that they could not be lost (technically they could, but literally everyone needed to go afk and then you still needed ro ve unlucky to actually lose). What dumb kind of content is that, where your participation basically doesn't matter?
    No PVP version for content that is about faction conflict as well. I am not even into PVP but come on.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavens Night View Post
    Honestly, the amount of bleating insecure posts like this. Grow up already. Weather you like it or not, there are a great many people that like to play WoW to do stuff by themselves, who like to find meaningful stuff to do by themselves. Blizzard are aware of this.

It's about time you stop throwing your toys out of the pram and deal with it.
    Yes they are but they are tiny minority. I play mmo becouse i like to play with other players doing wow content. Its just people like you play wong game. if you dont want to play with other players just dont play mmo games.

I like lost ark's setup where, with the chaos dungeons and Guardian raids you can matchmake or go solo. Maybe some small system like that that rewards something small like crafting mats.