Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    SP content is for the casual cyclical masses that just want to eat it up like a plague of locusts I couldn't care less about simply because they have so many alternatives.

Why some idiots choose to play an mmo when they're extremely introverted or socially incompetent is something I'll never understand, other games put ALL their ressources in to be a great SP experience and you choose an mmorpg? Excuse me but wtf?

"Oh yes in the history of WoW the SP-able content was so great dude" will be your next argument but cmon who the frick really believes that.
    No my next argument will actually be about how they are working on a massive world, so it's actually a good thing to have as many things as possible that you can do in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bramickias View Post
    I hope there's none.
    There should be single player content in an MMO, but it shouldn't be about the endgame.
    tell that to toghast, i pretty much always did that alone, sure i CAN do it wiht outers but i preferred to do it alone wiht some music and go at my own pace

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    No my next argument will actually be about how they are working on a massive world, so it's actually a good thing to have as many things as possible that you can do in it.
    I can only wish they start doing that. Like - more daily activities with variety, World Quests that aren't just 'kill 5' variants. Casual activities are fun to do and kill some time. But the monotony of kill 'x' world quests gets a bit... Blegh.

It’s never too early to complain about Blizzard content in the recent past. It’s gonna be shit somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    I miss the raids that were no nuclear physics with 21 phases and 3 boss abilities each phase timed narrowly and thousands of different ground effects. You know, raids we had in vanilla up to wotlk where it was not about performance that narrwoly but simply about the social aspect. And i miss raids as like the ones in Wintergrasp where you simply could form a random group and would not wipe for hours.

Complexity of encounter design in World of Warcraft has risen beyond my abilities nowadays. The highest difficulty of raids i could actually work on was in catacylsm, and since then the difficulty and complexity skyrocketed into oblivion. Sure, many players also became better, but based on the raid participation numbers i assume that many players cannot handle the high level of raid difficulty and complexity nowadays.

Many old players like me have been simply left behind in raid difficulty, simply based on the fact the devs cater their raid design to the top players rather than the normal players. And top players have become better and better, and the gap became larger and larger.
    I guess its hard to balance a Boss in a way he is fun and Challengeing/complex. There are many bosses i really dislike, cause they are way to complex, but bosses that do like nothint are boring aswell.

And i dislike the amount of "oh, someONE failes, so you gonna wipe. Please tr again!"-bossmechanics. Especially in small raidgoups.

Complex bosses that were fun are like Deathwings spine or alakir.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am loving the lack of further "leaks" and reveals before Alpha/Beta goes live. I was happy to see that 9.2.5 was able to keep some of its content options hidden until they launched.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I am loving the lack of further "leaks" and reveals before Alpha/Beta goes live. I was happy to see that 9.2.5 was able to keep some of its content options hidden until they launched.
    I do wonder, did it change anything?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I do wonder, did it change anything?
    A little, not much, but I enjoy it when everything is not gutted, investigated, theorized, and treated as final before it is even out. It gives a little feel of exploring, whether how little it is.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

A little, not much, but I enjoy it when everything is not gutted, investigated, theorized, and treated as final before it is even out. It gives a little feel of exploring, whether how little it is.
    I guess maybe there would be a bit more sense of wonder if something wondrous was hidden. WIll be interesting to see how they handle the beta then. It's usually pointless to hide zone finales because they get spoiled by the next zone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I guess maybe there would be a bit more sense of wonder if something wondrous was hidden. WIll be interesting to see how they handle the beta then. It's usually pointless to hide zone finales because they get spoiled by the next zone.
    I know. It is one of the curses when having people beta test.

I know. It is one of the curses when having people beta test.
    I think I've said it earlier but the biggest issue every single leak season is the string dump which invariably happens VERY early. Often mismatched from characters, almost always read out of context, it has repeatedly caused forum chaos. Encrypting that might be a goal they should pursue.

Quote Originally Posted by Dropakeg View Post
    Probably a bit early to be complaining about an expansion that's not out yet.

In addition, WoW is an MMO. They generally focus on multi-player content.
    1 - You are wrong, such content should have been announced with the expansion reveal, so yes, it's a bit worrying we've seen / heard nothing of it yet

2 - That definition changed years ago and doesn't mean grouped-content-only anymore.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    when did we first get announcements about Mage Tower, Horrific Visions and Torghast? how soon was it before the alpha or PTR was released? honestly, they will probably think of something but also every solo endgame content has directly been tied to borrowed power, or was heavily tuned around it. so yeah they will need to make it pretty damn good otherwise nobody will do it - which means collectibles, collectibles, collectibles

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    snip
    Funny how you completely disregard the cypher progression of 9.2 rewarding up to normal raid gear equivalent gear. Heck, you can reach ilvl 260 without ever stepping a foot into a dungeon or raid with the help of the ZM world boss and double legendaries. And that even as a "solo player" you can usually kill the first 2 to 3 mythic bosses while never actually speaking a word to another player in the later part of a tier.

I'm certain sth like cypher progression will carry on into 10.0 and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    when did we first get announcements about Mage Tower, Horrific Visions and Torghast? how soon was it before the alpha or PTR was released? honestly, they will probably think of something but also every solo endgame content has directly been tied to borrowed power, or was heavily tuned around it. so yeah they will need to make it pretty damn good otherwise nobody will do it - which means collectibles, collectibles, collectibles
    Torghast was in the announcement. Horrific Visions was a patch feature and they were announced along the patch. Can't remember about Mage Tower. I am certain it was at Blizzcon, not sure if it was in Gamescom.

Quote Originally Posted by Deln View Post
    MMO means Massive Multiplayer Online. It just means that there a a lot of folks online at the same time in a persistent world.

What you choose to do while online is up to the individual.

"Whats your Game?" Mr. T

It is a bit early and not much is known about the details of the expansion, but I bet there will be the same WQ and Dailys for faction and loot that will not be as good as raiding.
    I hope you can see the humor in using a 15 year old quote from a commercial made during a time of a very very very different Blizzard to support your argument.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

If there were more interesting things out in the world that I could do on my own every day that gave me gold or coffer rewards (for me personally, it doesn't have to be gear, would hate for people to get scared and piss themselves because of a small chance I might have to get good drops out of something that's not a dungeon or raid) the way that emissaries currently do, that would be really great. Personally, despite the lack of an obvious expansion headliner like Torghast was, I'm not quite willing to write off the expansion's solo-friendly content just yet, as I still know next to nothing about, well, anything about the expansion, and I'm keeping in mind that Visions, which I consider the best thing to come out of BFA, was patch content. Of course, I would prefer if things that could come close to the fun that Visions was arrived at launch, I can probably expect WoW's bread-and-butter to tide me over, enjoyment wise, in the event that that sort of thing turns out to be something that comes out a few months after launch.

WoW is an MMO, but WoW has made at least somewhat of an effort to give me a more robust experience as a solo player for a few expansions now. It's not an innovation that I'm looking to see, it's something that the devs have notably and intentionally been providing for players who play the game by themselves, like me and like I imagine quite a few others do as well, at least part of the time. So all the sneering and chucklefucking about WoW being a group-focused game that will never provide a better solo experience than other games (yeah, obviously) kinda flies over my head a bit, because that's not what's being asked. So questions like the OP's, voicing concern about the apparent lack of things that the game has already been providing in some measure for some time, I don't find to be unreasonable, or scorn-worthy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    SP content is for the casual cyclical masses that just want to eat it up like a plague of locusts I couldn't care less about simply because they have so many alternatives.

Why some idiots choose to play an mmo when they're extremely introverted or socially incompetent is something I'll never understand, other games put ALL their ressources in to be a great SP experience and you choose an mmorpg? Excuse me but wtf?

"Oh yes in the history of WoW the SP-able content was so great dude" will be your next argument but cmon who the frick really believes that.
    You’re just an asshole. You know exactly why people would want single player content in an MMO, but you literally plug your ears and claim they’re beneath you just because you’re an asshole. You have a personal distaste of people who like something other than what you like. You’re like a child. Grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    2 - That definition changed years ago and doesn't mean grouped-content-only anymore.
    No, the definition of "MMO" hasn't changed at all.

They need to bring back something like "Troves of the Thunder King" from MoP.

It was a solo gold run thru a mini dungeon that you could do once a week i think (or whenever you found one of those keys from doing open world content on isle of thunder).