Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    why alot of other mmorpgs are doing it now its time for wow to get with the times.
    Care elaborate about all those awesome MMORPG where you play by yourself to overcome the biggest challenges in the game, and get the most powerfull gears?

Day 724 of people confusing WoW, a MMO, for a single player game.

No end in sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    No, because I like the idea of my character persisting and progressing, while solo player games are fun once they're done thats it they're done, an mmo is a persistent world thats very suitable for solo players, so how about No I will not go play a different game, why don't you?!
    Because the game is already pretty much how I want it to be?
    Nothing you said isn't already in the game, so I really don't get why you complain.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    It's never been more single player friendly BECAUSE it hasn't been all that single player friendly for most it's life lol. You get how that works right it?

But yes they add a little more SP content with each expac it seems. It's still nowhere the "focus" of the game though, not by a long shot!
    Good. It's not a single player game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by Bramickias View Post
    Care elaborate about all those awesome MMORPG where you play by yourself to overcome the biggest challenges in the game, and get the most powerfull gears?
    He may be referencing Final Fantasy online. It supposedly lets you solo everything.

Which sounds pretty awesome.
    Imagine not actually needing others to gear up, you could just go out and play the content you want to without being at a disadvantage if your buddies were a whole lot worse that day.

It would help, i mean we saw that iwith BfA's visions; get your own gear, less to worry about in terms of power gains dependant on others, so raiding just becomes a lot more chill and help eachother.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    He may be referencing Final Fantasy online. It supposedly lets you solo everything.

Which sounds pretty awesome.
    Imagine not actually needing others to gear up, you could just go out and play the content you want to without being at a disadvantage if your buddies were a whole lot worse that day.

It would help, i mean we saw that iwith BfA's visions; get your own gear, less to worry about in terms of power gains dependant on others, so raiding just becomes a lot more chill and help eachother.
    Not FF14, you can't solo Savage raids or Ultimates, which are the endgame. Must be something else. FF14 got loads of solo content, by their endgame isn't one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Yeah no, that's your very personal wishful thinking. MMO are meant to be played with other people, full stop.

Sure you can do some activities alone, but that will just never be the main point of an MMO. Just play the hundreds of thousand solo games out there.

Your post is at the same level as someone "being afraid they don't see any bowling mode in the next FIFA". You're just not playing the right game for your, period.
    Honestly, the amount of bleating insecure posts like this. Grow up already. Weather you like it or not, there are a great many people that like to play WoW to do stuff by themselves, who like to find meaningful stuff to do by themselves. Blizzard are aware of this.

It's about time you stop throwing your toys out of the pram and deal with it.

When Blizzard first announced Shadowlands, I thought the new features/ content might be a little bit light in comparison to Legion and BFA. Truth be told, BFA might've been a terrible xpac in the mind of some people (including me), the fact is - BFA delivered a lot of new features (most of them failed to live up to their billing, however). The reality is, both covenants and Torghast proved to be a lot bigger and a lot more in-depth than what the majority of players expected upon first announcement (including me).

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    No, the part that is progression is rated pvp, that is available for premade groups only. That is, up to now. Matchmade pvp stops being fun after you have all upgrades for honor and cant access higher rewards because you do not play rated.

No, you need that abnomination of the "premade group finder" which is nothing but about social darwinism, by weeding those out that are not strong enough for Hazzikostas great world of performance and competition. That is not even close to what matchmaking is about.

I feel like in past iterations of the game I would agree and have some sympathy for this but it's like people are talking about a game that no longer exists. You could theoretically get your character to 275 by running 10s (which are so trivial with 4pc and 2 legendaries you could probably duo or trio them) to 2000 and then just +2s. It has never been mechanically easier in the history of the game to get solid gear. Mythic raid gear has never been less valuable.

We do all get this point, ya?

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    Yes, and that is my point. Rather than you having to play your content to craft items, you simply give gold to a raider to craft them for you. Which is literally another way to make money from tokens for blizzard. Once again it is all about Bobbys profit.

A simple solution would be to be able to upgrade world crafting ingredients into higher level ingredients. As like 10,000 small gnome hides into 1 big gnome hide. But as blizzard wants to make money with their new shiny crafting order system, that is not going to happen. And boosting services will turn into crafting services.
    You don't think that it would just raise the price of small gnome hides and people would just use tokens to buy those anyway? If one thing is about tokens it all has to be.
    Anything worth doing is worth over-doing. Moderation's for cowards.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    All in all, this announcement was probably one of the most conservative one. While i personally think it is good that blizzard don't use all their cards even in the last patch they have added, but really, there was far too little content. Beside of Dragonriding and maybe content they added to it, there is nothing about what endgame-content they will add with Dragonflight. What i'm afraid off is that they simply add the most basic content: Crappy World quests and time locked "Convenant"-quests, and that's all they add. Because beside of this, nothing was announced.

While i personally wasn't a fan of island expeditions, Torghast was actually not bad in the idea. The issue of torghast was not itself, but both the lack and the owerwhelming ties to player power and no meaningful gear progression actually killed it. Nobody wants to play a game where you can't progress inside Torgast itself, but instead need to play somthing else to get better gear to progress there.

But Dragonflight has absolutely nothing yet. Maybe my concerns are unnecessary, but i don't expect anything like Torghast, Mage Tower, Island Expeditions at all, since if they had something up in their sleeve, the yould have announced it.
    Well, no pre-order means release is more than year away. They haven't show any content because they don't have any. Yeah, I agree. After two recent xpacks lack of dedicated casual content - is ultimate factor for me. Yeah, there are tiny pieces of casual content here and there. But they don't assemble into whole picture and there is no smooth transition between them. And I also want to feel like raiders and mythic+ runners. I want to pre-order without any doubts, because I'm sure, that it's guaranteed, that game will have proper content for me. Or at least when I see xpack's announce, I want to see content that is "I'm 100% sure, it's for me" there. I've got tired of toxic trolling during announces, where devs intentionally say, that they're going to make game EVEN MORE hardcore, like if casual players are something disgusting. Such things insult me.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Bramickias View Post
    Not FF14, you can't solo Savage raids or Ultimates, which are the endgame. Must be something else. FF14 got loads of solo content, by their endgame isn't one of them.
    Ah, i heard wrong then, sorry.
    Still BfA did allow something of the sort with visions, and the point stands that people not being forced into content they do not want to do just for the sake of an equal playing field would help both PuGs and guilds find motivated raiders.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

I'm so excited about the lack of solo play announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Well, no pre-order means release is more than year away. They haven't show any content because they don't have any. Yeah, I agree. After two recent xpacks lack of dedicated casual content - is ultimate factor for me. Yeah, there are tiny pieces of casual content here and there. But they don't assemble into whole picture and there is no smooth transition between them. And I also want to feel like raiders and mythic+ runners. I want to pre-order without any doubts, because I'm sure, that it's guaranteed, that game will have proper content for me. Or at least when I see xpack's announce, I want to see content that is "I'm 100% sure, it's for me" there. I've got tired of toxic trolling during announces, where devs intentionally say, that they're going to make game EVEN MORE hardcore, like if casual players are something disgusting. Such things insult me.
    It's been over 15 years... at any point did you not simply consider buying a single player game?

Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    When Blizzard first announced Shadowlands, I thought the new features/ content might be a little bit light in comparison to Legion and BFA. Truth be told, BFA might've been a terrible xpac in the mind of some people (including me), the fact is - BFA delivered a lot of new features (most of them failed to live up to their billing, however). The reality is, both covenants and Torghast proved to be a lot bigger and a lot more in-depth than what the majority of players expected upon first announcement (including me).
    I never understood their ideas behind some of the content in BfA, most of all warfronts. Warfronts were the biggest feature of the expansion, that everyone wanted to see. Then Stromguard startet as a completely broken mess. I will not start with the Horde gets their strong great earlier, but concentrate just on the technical bugs. I don't know how it was for horde players, but around 50% of the games on alliance said had to be dismissed, because the boss kept resetting indefinitely. Problem is, because a game only terminated, when everyone left, the alliance side sometimes was filled with dozens of broken games. For 2 whole IDs!
    Ignoring that, the fact that warfronts were not available all the time is also so stupid. Want to play them? To bad, have to wait till next week!
    The biggest problem most likely was that they could not be lost (technically they could, but literally everyone needed to go afk and then you still needed ro ve unlucky to actually lose). What dumb kind of content is that, where your participation basically doesn't matter?
    No PVP version for content that is about faction conflict as well. I am not even into PVP but come on.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavens Night View Post
    Honestly, the amount of bleating insecure posts like this. Grow up already. Weather you like it or not, there are a great many people that like to play WoW to do stuff by themselves, who like to find meaningful stuff to do by themselves. Blizzard are aware of this.

It's about time you stop throwing your toys out of the pram and deal with it.
    Yes they are but they are tiny minority. I play mmo becouse i like to play with other players doing wow content. Its just people like you play wong game. if you dont want to play with other players just dont play mmo games.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like lost ark's setup where, with the chaos dungeons and Guardian raids you can matchmake or go solo. Maybe some small system like that that rewards something small like crafting mats.

My dream system would be where EVERY activity, from a world quest to pet battles to mythic raiding gives you currency. Use currency to buy any item at any ilevel including highest possible from a vendor.

WoW should be about inclusivity for ALL players of all content types and move away from the 3 main lanes of arena/raids/m+.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    My dream system would be where EVERY activity, from a world quest to pet battles to mythic raiding gives you currency. Use currency to buy any item at any ilevel including highest possible from a vendor.

WoW should be about inclusivity for ALL players of all content types and move away from the 3 main lanes of arena/raids/m+.
    I can't imagine who that game would honestly appeal to.

There isn't a game out there that appeals to everyone pick an audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    It's been over 15 years... at any point did you not simply consider buying a single player game?
    We don't have any solo games in Warcraft universe. And making one from scratch is counter-productive. Everything is already there. It's much more effective to simply make WOW more casual-friendly.

And nobody even asks to take content away from pure MMO players. Blizzard just need to stop their "It would cost us raid tier" mentality and make dedicated casual content. No compromises, no mixing with hardcore content, no half-arsed measures. Just content, where casuals can say "It's for me".

What can I do, if I love Warcraft, I love game mechanics, I've got connected to my characters, but I don't like job/sport simulator?
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2022-06-26 at 06:45 PM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    Look at the signature. This person doesn't care about facts or reality, they are on a crusade against what they - hillariously - consider discrimination against people that don't want to invest effort into a game.