Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ...
8
16
17
18
19
20
LastLast
  1. #341
    The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    DS9
    Posts
    20,134
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    I never thought I'd see you engage in slippery slope, yeah. It's a strange sensation seeing that. One can identify predatory and manipulative monetization
    Can you? I bet you can't without making the entire economy illegal.

    And the bigger problem: people who "make things illegal" are incapable of that too.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2022 - that's two-zero-two-two, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of double-masked tripple-jabbed sissies who stand with Ukraine.

  2. #342
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    I never thought I'd see you engage in slippery slope, yeah. It's a strange sensation seeing that. One can identify predatory and manipulative monetization, make it illegal, and do so without going full evangelical.

    Gambling, sex, violence, etc. are all separate topics.
    People aren't talking about that though. Very few people are discussing issues like the way items are promoted in-game or how easily RMT can take place. People are in moral-panic mode saying that video game content needs to be regulated because it causes real-life issues, and cheering on a politician who has very recently said that video games are partly to blame for school shootings.

  3. #343
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Can you? I bet you can't without making the entire economy illegal.
    Let's talk about all the advertisements targetting kids!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Diablo Immoral feels like the dying screams of a company who know they have squandered all their good will on all but the most die hard fans. They want one big last hurraw. Of course there's more coming down the pipe. But Blizzard is gaining a reputation for being "that company" that releases a new game every year, everyone plays it, realizes it's garbage, then goes back to playing other things. People have such a short term memory. Even Asmon/Josh/others have said this. The Diablo 4 trailer was damage control. They saw D:I getting absolutely shit on by people so they needed a bit of good press. And by the time D4 releases with its own pay to win cash shop, most of us will be going "told ya so" while the die hards will go "BUT I'M HAVING FUN".
    Why does it bother you so much that I'm having fun though?

  4. #344
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    It doesn't matter if Congress despises him. Christians already consider certain type of video game content to be sinful and would back restrictions.

    - - - Updated - - -



    And you think that restrictions on video game content are a better solution than gun control?
    How on earth did you arrive on this conclusion

  5. #345
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayde69 View Post
    How on earth did you arrive on this conclusion
    Isn't that the position you're supporting? Ted Cruz good because he wants to protect children by restricting video game content?

    I'll admit your all-caps rant was a bit confusing but that is what came across.

  6. #346
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Isn't that the position you're supporting? Ted Cruz good because he wants to protect children by restricting video game content?

    I'll admit your all-caps rant was a bit confusing but that is what came across.
    If what I said was confusing to you then I think you need to look inward for the answer not outward.

    What I was telling you, was that you are doing the same dumb shit stupid right wingers do when gun control is brought up.

    I’m telling you, that you sound just as dumb as them. I never said I believe one over the other. I don’t even know how you can possibly even read what I said and come up with that.

  7. #347
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Isn't that the position you're supporting? Ted Cruz good because he wants to protect children by restricting video game content?

    I'll admit your all-caps rant was a bit confusing but that is what came across.
    They want you to believe that if you ever point out any negative consequence to an action that you're the same as unreasonable anti-gun-control lobbyists.

  8. #348
    The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    DS9
    Posts
    20,134
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayde69 View Post
    If what I said was confusing to you then I think you need to look inward for the answer not outward.
    Are you familiar with the Feynman Technique?
    You should look it up, it's exactly outward so you should have no problem with it.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2022 - that's two-zero-two-two, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of double-masked tripple-jabbed sissies who stand with Ukraine.

  9. #349
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayde69 View Post
    If what I said was confusing to you then I think you need to look inward for the answer not outward.

    What I was telling you, was that you are doing the same dumb shit stupid right wingers do when gun control is brought up.

    I’m telling you, that you sound just as dumb as them. I never said I believe one over the other. I don’t even know how you can possibly even read what I said and come up with that.
    I'm saying that Ted Cruz is an opportunist who will happily scapegoat video games to appeal to his conservative religious base and protect his NRA donations. If you disagree with that characterisation explain why, don't just go on an ALL CAPS RANT about other random people.

  10. #350
    See a lot of people here talking about how the governments gonna stop this shit. What do you think the american, or many other shit governments is more likely to do. Ban all the mtx and gambling in games "for the better for the people" or find a way to monetize it for its own gains?

    Government getting involved with this crap won't end up the way you want it to. Thats almost a certain guarantee

  11. #351
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I'm saying that Ted Cruz is an opportunist who will happily scapegoat video games to appeal to his conservative religious base and protect his NRA donations. If you disagree with that characterisation explain why, don't just go on an ALL CAPS RANT about other random people.
    And I’ll repeat myself once again, you sound exactly like the idiot right wingers who shoot down good ideas because the person who presented it has ideas that they also disagree with or find extreme.

    If you aren’t picking up on this then I truly don’t know how anyone can help you.

  12. #352
    The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    DS9
    Posts
    20,134
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayde69 View Post
    And I’ll repeat myself once again, you sound exactly like the idiot right wingers who shoot down good ideas because the person who presented it has ideas that they also disagree with or find extreme.

    If you aren’t picking up on this then I truly don’t know how anyone can help you.
    There is no such thing as a good idea inside the mind of a politician. Especially not during the election season. Which is 100% of the time.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2022 - that's two-zero-two-two, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of double-masked tripple-jabbed sissies who stand with Ukraine.

  13. #353
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    There is no such thing as a good idea inside the mind of a politician. Especially not during the election season. Which is 100% of the time.
    If this is your opinion then why even join in on a political conversation? If everything is bad in your eyes then you have no real opinion.

  14. #354
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayde69 View Post
    And I’ll repeat myself once again, you sound exactly like the idiot right wingers who shoot down good ideas because the person who presented it has ideas that they also disagree with or find extreme.

    If you aren’t picking up on this then I truly don’t know how anyone can help you.
    I think your misunderstanding what is happening here. I'm not saying that Cruz's attitude towards abortion is a reason to dismiss his ideas about video games. I'm saying his ideas about video games are a reason to dismiss his ideas about video games.

  15. #355
    The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    DS9
    Posts
    20,134
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayde69 View Post
    If this is your opinion then why even join in on a political conversation? If everything is bad in your eyes then you have no real opinion.
    Isn't it funny that you are not disputing what I said but attacking me with a strawman?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2022 - that's two-zero-two-two, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of double-masked tripple-jabbed sissies who stand with Ukraine.

  16. #356
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I think your misunderstanding what is happening here. I'm not saying that Cruz's attitude towards abortion is a reason to dismiss his ideas about video games. I'm saying his ideas about video games are a reason to dismiss his ideas about video games.
    I’m not confused at all. Not one bit. You need to read this very carefully. I can assure you, you are the one who is confused.

    There are democrats who truly believe we need to abolish all guns correct? Now if I believe that’s too extreme, that doesn’t mean I need to ignore them if they presented an idea to have some better solutions to our gun problem.

    For example, I think abolishing all guns is extreme. If that democrat now suggests we require you to have a certified license for a gun a require you to have a gun safe or something in order to have my guns, doesn’t mean I need to completely ignore that suggestion because he at one point in time said he wants them all gone.

    I swear to god if you don’t understand what I’m saying after this you need to go back to school. I’m not even trolling right now.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Isn't it funny that you are not disputing what I said but attacking me with a strawman?
    There’s nothing to dispute? And that’s not what a straw man is. I specifically repeated EXACTLY what you said. If your view of the world is that no politician ever has any good ideas ever, then you shouldn’t be participating in political discussion. Because your point of view is so jaded there’s nothing to discuss.

    What would anyone even say to that statement? This is like having a discussion with a radical nihilist who argues words don’t have any meaning. There’s no discussion to have with someone like you.

  17. #357
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayde69 View Post
    I’m not confused at all. Not one bit. You need to read this very carefully. I can assure you, you are the one who is confused.

    There are democrats who truly believe we need to abolish all guns correct? Now if I believe that’s too extreme, that doesn’t mean I need to ignore them if they presented an idea to have some better solutions to our gun problem.

    For example, I think abolishing all guns is extreme. If that democrat now suggests we require you to have a certified license for a gun a require you to have a gun safe or something in order to have my guns, doesn’t mean I need to completely ignore that suggestion because he at one point in time said he wants them all gone.

    I swear to god if you don’t understand what I’m saying after this you need to go back to school. I’m not even trolling right now.
    That's because you agree with their basic premise - guns are dangerous and should be regulated by the government."

    Cruz's premise is "the content of video games is dangerous and should be regulated by the government" and I disagree with that.

    Also your fictional democrat is showing a softening of their stance, going from "guns should be banned" to "guns should be held securely." The nearest game equivalent is going from government dictating what can be in games to an age rating system to allow parental discretion. As that's already happened then in your tortured analogy Cruz is the equivalent of a Democrat who is still banging on about banning guns after gun-safes have been mandated.

  18. #358
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    That's because you agree with their basic premise - guns are dangerous and should be regulated by the government."

    Cruz's premise is "the content of video games is dangerous and should be regulated by the government" and I disagree with that.

    Also your fictional democrat is showing a softening of their stance, going from "guns should be banned" to "guns should be held securely." The nearest game equivalent is going from government dictating what can be in games to an age rating system to allow parental discretion. As that's already happened then in your tortured analogy Cruz is the equivalent of a Democrat who is still banging on about banning guns after gun-safes have been mandated.
    Let me be as clear as possible, this is not a fictional democrat. If you think this hasn’t been pushed around by a TON of people on the left then you are either being intentionally dishonest or you aren’t educated enough to start in on this conversation.

    And the “premises” you just came up with, are something you just made up entirely. Look watch me rewrite this as if I’m a right winger but arguing the other way around.

    That's because you agree with their basic premise - video game companies can be predatory and unhealthy and we need to do something to regulate them."

    (Insert democrat) premise is "no one should have guns at all and they want to take away our way of protecting ourselves" and I disagree with that.

    Also Cruz is showing a softening of their stance, going from "video games should be banned" to "video games need to not be predatory towards children and those who gamble"
    Do you see how this gets turned around you very quickly? You are literally the exact same person as the dumb right winger shooting down any and all gun control suggestions because they think it’s the steeping stone to a complete ban.

    And I feel like I’m needing to really be clear with someone like you. I personally believe there needs to be a change to gun policies. And I also believe there needs to be some sort of regulation in video games when it comes to these things like loot boxes and gambling. No I don’t think all guns should be banned. And no I don’t think violent video games should be banned. But I’m not stupid enough to shoot down a good idea because it comes out of the mouth of someone I disagree with. But you clearly are.

  19. #359
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayde69 View Post
    I’m not confused at all. Not one bit. You need to read this very carefully. I can assure you, you are the one who is confused.

    There are democrats who truly believe we need to abolish all guns correct? Now if I believe that’s too extreme, that doesn’t mean I need to ignore them if they presented an idea to have some better solutions to our gun problem.

    For example, I think abolishing all guns is extreme. If that democrat now suggests we require you to have a certified license for a gun a require you to have a gun safe or something in order to have my guns, doesn’t mean I need to completely ignore that suggestion because he at one point in time said he wants them all gone.

    I swear to god if you don’t understand what I’m saying after this you need to go back to school. I’m not even trolling right now.
    You're still not understanding that people aren't saying, "Don't listen to X person at all because of their ideas on unrelated topics."

    People are saying very specifically not to listen to people like Cruz because of past and current behaviors and ideas on THIS topic.

    If you'd spend a little less of your post content on calling everyone dumb you'd probably get a lot more traction, too.

  20. #360
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    People need to understand that what works for mobile doesn't work for consoles/pc. They are entirely different markets with very little crossover.

    The mistake here was making a PC client, because now you have core gamers freaking out over somethings that existed for years and acting like the sky is falling but I gaurantee nothing is gonna change one way or another when it comes to how f2p mobile games are handled and how console/pc games are handled.
    Was discussing with a friend that Diablo Immortal's big mistake was being designed like a PC Diablo game with all the mobile microtransactions carelessly tossed on top. Other games like Genshin and verious gachas have character/account progression that is so convoluted across multiple forms of game currency that "cost" is so psychologically separated from upgrades that 1-to-1 comparisons are hard, and then they sweeten the deal with pity systems.

    Diablo Immortal, on the other hand, has three very direct upgrade paths. Levels, gear, gems. You know exactly what you are buying with microtransactions and why, and it becomes very clear how much benefit whaling nets you. Then, to make matters worse, the game content seems to be designed like a PC game where the current release is expected to last a long time for "average" players. So they up the grind, but the ability to skip that grind with money is way too obvious and way too drastic.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •