Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
17
... LastLast
  1. #121
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Unda da bridge, mon
    Posts
    1,620
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    No, because it's still relatively new and they REALLY want it to succeed, so of course they're going to continue to push it super hard even after a few failed attempts.

    No, larger things can change, too, you just have to have a mindset of constant vigilance against it. See: women's rights and roe vs wade. We had a solid 50 years of change there, but we let up for like 10 seconds and now it's in question again. Change isn't hardly ever permanent, and assholes are always gonna try to slip it in when they can.


    Like I said, it takes a culture shift to intolerance and constant vigilance. We can do that, though.
    Ok, fair enough; I'll agree that we *can* change when a large enough lot stand firm on something.
    The real question is, is this something we, as a people and species, will pursue?
    Would the US really entertain this idea if its a huge moneymaker?
    I mean, look at the other conversation floating around in here, but "Big Pharma" is essentially a privatized hostage situation where they say "oh, you have a life-threatening health issue? That's too bad. Here's something to help, but it will cost an arm and a leg when it barely cost us a bead of sweat on our brow".
    If I was to rally the troops, as it were, and fight a social injustice and my choice was MTX or the exploitation of 300 million people, I'd lean on the latter and that hasn't changed in any real impactful way, aside from the other side of the predatory coin (insurance).

    What I'm getting at is, there's far bigger fish that need to be dealt with first.

    Also, comparing microtransactions in video games to women's rights or roe v wade is a bit... much.
    I mean, yeah, MTX can lead to several bad situations, but like, a kid "accidentally" charging up 500 bucks on his dad's credit card versus a human being having agency over their own body?
    See above re: bigger fish.

  2. #122
    And people wonder why the F2P model is a thing... these whales cover hundreds of non-paying players, and the non-paying players populate the game.

    Still loathe the model and avoid F2P games like the plague they are. Got suckered into Lost Ark due to the hype, and friends trying it... ditched it due to its infestation of bots, regretting spending like €300 (Platinum Founder and 2 12k crystals bundles) on it...

    I'll primarily be sticking to single player games.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2022-06-10 at 12:49 PM.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    And people wonder why the F2P model is a thing... these whales cover hundreds of non-paying players, and the non-paying players populate the game.

    Still loathe the model and avoid F2P games like the plague they are. Got suckered into Lost Ark due to the hype, and friends trying it... ditched it due to its infestation of bots, regretting spending like €300 (Platinum Founder and 2 12k crystals bundles) on it...

    I'll primarily be sticking to single player games.
    The trick is to not spend and see if you enjoy it. And if you do enjoy it while not spending money, you keep not spending money. And if you don't enjoy it, you stop and play something else.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  4. #124
    The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    DS9
    Posts
    20,134
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    The trick is to not spend and see if you enjoy it. And if you do enjoy it while not spending money, you keep not spending money. And if you don't enjoy it, you stop and play something else.
    And if you enjoy it without paying - drop a super chat in the cash shop, subscribe to the battle pass, and hit that notification red dot
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2022 - that's two-zero-two-two, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of double-masked tripple-jabbed sissies who stand with Ukraine.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    The game itself is quality. They are charging you to play, for a game that might be the most iconic franchise ever made.

    Immortal might even cash in all the mistakes they been doing recently. Maybe this is the way Blizzard will survive. Who knows?

    Just give me one reason, why they shouldn't earn money.
    Honestly, it makes sense from a business standpoint. It'll be half a year until Microsoft finalizes the merger, and even though they spent 68.7 Billion dollars to purchase the entire company including Blizz and King, along with the other stuff we don't know how much or if any of that money is gonna actually help Blizzard in the long haul.

    But if I were to give one reason why they shouldn't earn money, simple: Most of the gaming community pretty much hates Blizzard.
    Last edited by Woggmer; 2022-06-11 at 03:17 AM.

  6. #126
    The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    DS9
    Posts
    20,134
    Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    But if I were to give one reason why they shouldn't earn money, simple: Most of the gaming community pretty much hates Blizzard.
    When how do they earn money? Pretty and obvious that a tiny minority of very vocal haters just keeps gonna hating.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2022 - that's two-zero-two-two, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of double-masked tripple-jabbed sissies who stand with Ukraine.

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    Honestly, it makes sense from a business standpoint. It'll be half a year until Microsoft finalizes the merger, and even though they spent 72 (or was it 76?) Million dollars to purchase the entire company including Blizz and King, along with the other stuff we don't know how much or if any of that money is gonna actually help Blizzard in the long haul.

    But if I were to give one reason why they shouldn't earn money, simple: Most of the gaming community pretty much hates Blizzard.
    you forgot some 0's there.

    Its 68.7 Billion
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    But if I were to give one reason why they shouldn't earn money, simple: Most of the gaming community pretty much hates Blizzard.
    It's always fun to watch echo chambers start to believe themselves to be the majority.

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Booba Streamer with a script about how bad the P2W is in [Insert F2P game here] Whaling out of control to "prove a point."

    She'd make that $$$ back before the end of the stream
    TO a Ethot and onlyfans, not from.

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    While this is true, I don't think any streamer can make 10k a day to do these lootbox roulettes everyday, maybe the big streaming stars, but not an average streamer.
    think of it as investment that companies make -they invested 10k $ and this investment over time may bring them 100 k or 200k if their videos/twiits will make their audience grow.

    they are in parasitic relationship with very companies they bash .

    look liek ex wwo streamers liek Preach etc - certainly he may be making some money but its for sure nowehre near when he was making wow videos.

    bsides asmongold they have scraps only most loyal simps remained when they stopped wow content

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    C'mon mate I know several high school dropouts, they all can spot a scam from a mile away and know that rich fucks are devoid of ethics. Boot-licking that hard is independent of education.

    But you are right, I went along with the trolling for too long.
    Ah but there lies the difference. High-school drop out refers to teenagers aged 15-16-17. They've at least heard of important shit like WW2 in history class. They've learned basic algebra. How to write a 150 word essay. This dude said PRIMARY-school dropout. That means 10-11-12.

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    That's a lie you were ingrained to believe. You never actually experienced any freedom.
    With all due respect, you have no idea what you're talking about. Your comments make that pretty clear. You could just read up on the topic. It really isn't a great mystery, there's plenty of literature on the subject.

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    you forgot some 0's there.

    Its 68.7 Billion

    Fixed the original post. Thanks for the correction.

  14. #134
    Honorary PvM "Mod" Darsithis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    51,216
    So far I’ve given $4.99. Blizzard is paying a lot of salaries with my 499 pennies…

  15. #135
    How much has he spent now? Did he reach 20k yet?

  16. #136
    You learn pretty quickly that idiots ruin everything for everyone else, but indirectly. Don't like these pay2win models so don't play? Well you can't. People with way to much money and far to little brains on how to use it speak much louder than you. And seeing how new games like Genshin Impact massively out earn pretty much everything else, what type of respectable business wouldn't pursue that type of model? It's only a matter of time.

    Same reason why every popular YouTuber resorts clickbaity videos lacking of any real substance these days. Gotta appeal to kids or people with the mentality of kids. Idiots will always be the majority.

  17. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    You learn pretty quickly that idiots ruin everything for everyone else, but indirectly. Don't like these pay2win models so don't play? Well you can't. People with way to much money and far to little brains on how to use it speak much louder than you. And seeing how new games like Genshin Impact massively out earn pretty much everything else, what type of respectable business wouldn't pursue that type of model? It's only a matter of time.

    Same reason why every popular YouTuber resorts clickbaity videos lacking of any real substance these days. Gotta appeal to kids or people with the mentality of kids. Idiots will always be the majority.
    People need to understand that what works for mobile doesn't work for consoles/pc. They are entirely different markets with very little crossover.

    The mistake here was making a PC client, because now you have core gamers freaking out over somethings that existed for years and acting like the sky is falling but I gaurantee nothing is gonna change one way or another when it comes to how f2p mobile games are handled and how console/pc games are handled.

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    People need to understand that what works for mobile doesn't work for consoles/pc. They are entirely different markets with very little crossover.

    The mistake here was making a PC client, because now you have core gamers freaking out over somethings that existed for years and acting like the sky is falling but I gaurantee nothing is gonna change one way or another when it comes to how f2p mobile games are handled and how console/pc games are handled.
    Gonna lol my ass off when d4 is just like this if not worse

  19. #139
    Spam Assassin! MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tralfamadore
    Posts
    32,113
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    People need to understand that what works for mobile doesn't work for consoles/pc. They are entirely different markets with very little crossover.

    The mistake here was making a PC client
    There is a lot of truth to this. With the PC client they automatically elevated D:I into something it was never meant to be.
    Most people judge because thinking is hard.

  20. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    But what's going on Immortal is just unacceptable. I think this is moment that law should intervene like in Belgium/Netherlands.
    isnt only issue in those countries that blizz didnt publicaly release all the probabilities and similar data? the boxes and all that "predatory" practices are fine there, just that you have to show some numbers, which most people wouldnt even understand most likely so im not sure why THAT is the issue...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    It's irrelevant if you think people should play the game. I and other people in the thread think the game is bad and should be avoided.
    and yours opinion is as irrelevant as his... people should do whatever the fuck they want regardless of your - or his - opinion...
    people should use brain and make their OWN opinion not just jump on first hate (or hype) train coming along...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Slavery was also profitable. Ok, too extreme example. Selling alcohol or cigarettes with low taxes but without resctrictions or even warning label was far more profitable.

    I'm not saying it wasn't calculated move by Blizzard (especially since they are pretty late to party), I'm saying it's wrong predatory practice. That's why changing law is way, especially when it's fay easier to ban this. People won't make moonshine Diablo Immortals in their basements.
    funny how you use alcohol and cigaretes as example as they both are prefectly legal and not even regulated, other than age restriction (which diablo have too btw), just taxed, despite causing actual property damage, health problems, even deaths... yet its the mtx in games should be regulated or banned...

    btw, the warnings on cigaretes, the pictures of "damage" they can cause? do you realise it ENORMOUSLY INCREASED sales of cigaretes, which tobaco companies and governments knows, yet ignore, bcs thats more profitable?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Funkyjunky View Post
    Devs weren't paid before microtransactions were introduced?
    games were free to play before microtransactions?
    also its not like cost of everything went up, surely devs are fine working for the same wage they had in 2000... /s

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •