... LastLast

Diablo Immortal streamer spends $10000.

saw numerous headlines on $10000 here is one link

https://gamerant.com/diablo-immortal...ive-star-gems/

imagine raging how stupid blizzard is concerning DI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5J_KQZrqUo

listen carefully at beginning about how he spent money
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7mY3LdDNP0

claims for content, used same tactic in Lost Ark, recently admitted he cheated also offline with DI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTmdHu6cSnk

acting or not, then at times grandstanding on loot boxes. still a good example why these systems work as a 27yo man gets emotional
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEbsaxvWbTo

And people wonder why MTX is still in games... because of views.

"I spend money so you don't have too" is code for. "I spend some of the money you give me, so give me more money".
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post

"I spend money so you don't have too" is code for. "I spend some of the money you give me, so give me more money".
    "Our" character.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    "Our" character.
    "we" are 5 subs away from 1000!

Also Games like diablo immortal are gambling sims and as evidence of the insanely popular slot category on twitch people love watching it. Seems like a no brainer to hop in on the action.

10+ Year Old Account

While this is true, I don't think any streamer can make 10k a day to do these lootbox roulettes everyday, maybe the big streaming stars, but not an average streamer.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    While this is true, I don't think any streamer can make 10k a day to do these lootbox roulettes everyday, maybe the big streaming stars, but not an average streamer.
    Quin69 is definitely in the top 1% of high earning streamers. You can easily qualify if you have a couple thousand viewers.

Is this how traditional gaming dies? There is no way other game companies arent looking at lost ark and this game and not noticing the obscene amount of money streamers spend on these games for "content". This is way past whaling, why spend millions on a traditional game when you can make low budget garbage with gambling mechanics and have streamers pay you for advertising it pulling in more gambling addicts.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    doesn't have to be 10k per day... atm it's 10k over the current release period. Which is enough to be lucrative.
    We all know it's whales keeping these games alive, which includes streamers who players do support for doing these things.

We see it over and over and over again with every MTX heavy game that has some popularity.
    Doing "lootbox" streams is normal.

If players want MTX like this gone:
    step 1: don't buy stuff from the shop
    step 2: don't support streamers who is a whale for the game. Remove your sub and don't give any tips when they do these streams.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by qwikz View Post
    Is this how traditional gaming dies? There is no way other game companies arent looking at lost ark and this game and not noticing the obscene amount of money streamers spend on these games for "content". This is way past whaling, why spend millions on a traditional game when you can make low budget garbage with gambling mechanics and have streamers pay you for advertising it pulling in more gambling addicts.
    You don't have to pull in gambling addicts, it's enough that they engage with subs and tips through the streamer.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

You don't have to pull in gambling addicts, it's enough that they engage with subs and tips through the streamer.
    This is true to an extent though, I dont think a game can earn enough through streamers only. I played Lost Ark for a while which itself has insanely predatory monetization and what shocked me the most is that people there are defending the practice. Its a really worrying trend if people are starting to accept these things as the norm and are fully willing to drop absurd moneys because "everyone else is doing it", and the streamers are helping pushing it in that direction.

It has been like this way before Immortal.

Immortal, however, as many said, has done it excessively. The only way for them to give better rewards for the money spent is to continue to make noise and have them react the same way we did with the auction house in D3.

There's no avoiding the initial cash grab from Blizz. Blizz will only listen after the initial starting wave is over and player numbers drop after hitting the wall eventually.

People acting like this is somehow new with Immortal.

Oughta look up what streamers have paid in Genshin. I think OkCode spent well over $5000 on a single weapon banner once.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Streamers: pretend to fight for better games and "old values", complain about toxicity.

Also streamers: whaling to the extreme using suckers money while acting like most toxic and spoiled brat on Earth.

Oh, and these two happen on same time.

It's beyond ridiculous at this point, and as another poster commented, why would developers and game companies worry about good products when they can just drop mediocre crap with gambling mechanics and power microtransactions and join in on the fun.

So yea, luckily there are some exceptions, but the future is bleak.

Also, as someone who abhors streamers, youtubers and overall content creators, i don't understand why anyone would spend their free time watching other people play games and throw their money at them, instead of, you know, playing or doing it themselves.

The game itself is quality. They are charging you to play, for a game that might be the most iconic franchise ever made.

Immortal might even cash in all the mistakes they been doing recently. Maybe this is the way Blizzard will survive. Who knows?

Just give me one reason, why they shouldn't earn money.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Streamers: pretend to fight for better games and "old values", complain about toxicity.

Also streamers: whaling to the extreme using suckers money while acting like most toxic and spoiled brat on Earth.

Oh, and these two happen on same time.
    That is where you have the problem - the community itself. Blizzard is just earning thier money, why would they even care. Why should any other game charge money, and they shouldn't.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    Quin69 is definitely in the top 1% of high earning streamers. You can easily qualify if you have a couple thousand viewers.
    Isnt that the guy that screamed 'where are the eels' while failing at ffxiv raids?
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Y'all have the weirdest problems.

Don't play shitty games and you will have zero problems with shitty games. The only sad part here is a "beloved" franchise being connected to godawful practices but this is the moment that each of you, individually, should say "fuck this shit" and go play something else.

If a streamer spent 10000 on diablo it only means that it's a shitty streamer, nothing more. Billion other content creators who actually have taste.

Y'all keep thinking "this will ruin gamiiing" - NO, this ruins each game that does this shit. There are always good games that don't do this shit, you just have to stop craving mainstream greedy games.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Y'all have the weirdest problems.

Don't play shitty games and you will have zero problems with shitty games. The only sad part here is a "beloved" franchise being connected to godawful practices but this is the moment that each of you, individually, should say "fuck this shit" and go play something else.

If a streamer spent 1000 on diablo it only means that it's a shitty streamer, nothing more. Billion other content creators who actually have taste.

Y'all keep thinking "this will ruin gamiiing" - NO, this ruins each game that does this shit. There are always good games that don't do this shit, you just have to stop craving mainstream greedy games.
    Yeah - let's all play games that doesn't cost money. Let's teach the industry a lesson.

You also work for free right?

Even if they charged 0.69$ sub fee per month for little bit extra, we would still end up in this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Isnt that the guy that screamed 'where are the eels' while failing at ffxiv raids?
    Still living rent free I see.

15+ Year Old Account
    I just love how these noobs, i mean streamers, are funding these games.
    Not that i like the monetization but thats the good part of it
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    The game itself is quality. They are charging you to play, for a game that might be the most iconic franchise ever made.

Immortal might even cash in all the mistakes they been doing recently. Maybe this is the way Blizzard will survive. Who knows?

Just give me one reason, why they shouldn't earn money.
    Nice strawman argument there, it never takes much time for people like you to pop out and start arguing about if companies are allowed to earn money when that is never the point of the discussion. If you think this watered down diablo game is "quality" and want it to be staple for future games, go you. The rest of us are happy enough to pay 60 dollars/euros for a feature complete game that does not ask us to open our wallets every five minutes, and I rather not that go away in favor of your "quality" mobile games.