Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Guys I understand that your knowledge about the market is below zero, but immortal is a mobile game. Every mobile game works like that , no one is forcing you to spend 10k and it is not even worth since the power gain is nothing game changing that you cannot have playing F2P. Can you grow a bit and move on?
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    Most of the gaming community pretty much hates Blizzard.
    yeah, no...
    most of the gaming community doesnt even give a fuck about gaming companies, they care about the games and even that only to extend if they like them or not...
    part that care about companies - forum goers and so - are very small part, and even that small part is not unified in this, its just that the haters are loudest

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    People need to understand that what works for mobile doesn't work for consoles/pc. They are entirely different markets with very little crossover.

The mistake here was making a PC client, because now you have core gamers freaking out over somethings that existed for years and acting like the sky is falling but I gaurantee nothing is gonna change one way or another when it comes to how f2p mobile games are handled and how console/pc games are handled.
    this, people act like its something new, but its not, they just now realised it and think it will suddenly change everything...
    well id didnt change everything in over a decade, but sure, now its just matter of days... /s

Quote Originally Posted by Funkyjunky View Post
    lol people even remember thag those kind of sites exist in 2022 ?

who cares - only metric important is the amount of downloads which is beaten only by candy crush :P

I just got a 4/5 Howler's Call out of a single crest rift I was just doing for battle points . . .

Why did I not just win an actual lottery instead??? I might have even made enough money to BUY the gem!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad I live in a country where gambling is banned. Unhealthy practices should not be supported.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    I'm glad I live in a country where gambling is banned. Unhealthy practices should not be supported.
    Can't wait to see your face when you disagree with your fascist government's view on what is "healthy"
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    *Hearthstone and Genshin Impact in a chorus*

Are we a joke to you?
    One is a trading card game so p2w is expected. The other is an anime game so most people don't care about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    One is a trading card game so p2w is expected. The other is an anime game so most people don't care about it.
    And diablo is a gem trading game with cartoonish graphics.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

15+ Year Old Account
    10k?

Have you heard about this guy spending 40k?

That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

It's not even a particularly fun mobile game lmao, I don't see the hype at all. Blew a few hours in it, uninstalled.

and diablo is a mobile game so p2w is expected too...

It doesn't matter if some random streamers spend a lot of money on games. In Korea, some streamers spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on Lost Ark. It's not that special in Asian style games.

Quote Originally Posted by Akta View Post
    Guys I understand that your knowledge about the market is below zero, but immortal is a mobile game. Every mobile game works like that , no one is forcing you to spend 10k and it is not even worth since the power gain is nothing game changing that you cannot have playing F2P. Can you grow a bit and move on?
    The powergain ist game changing and 2/5 to 5/5 stars can only come from legendary crests that you get 2-3 per month as a F2P player. Wowhead did a pretty bad article on if Immortal is P2W and said that a fully upgraded 1 star rank 10 gem is about 5% increase in damage and health, with 6 slots you're looking at 30% difference and you need over 200 gems to get to rank 10. What wowhead didn't tell you is that with every star rating the percentage increase doubles. So 6x2 star rank 10 is a 60% power increase, 6x3 star rank 10 is 120%, 6x4 is 240 and 6x5 star is 480% power increase. At rank 10 you unlock a gem slot within the gem. A 1 star gem gets 1 additional gem slot, a 2 star gets 2 and so on. A 5 star gem at rank 10 can be slotted with 2 additional 5 star gems, 2 additional 2 star gems and 1 1 star gem. So fully upgraded and fully slotted you have 3x480+2x60+30=1590% increase in damage and health. And as said, you need more than 200 gems to get one gem to rank 10. With 2-3 legendary crests as a F2P player getting one rank 10 gem takes a clouple years (rare crests can drop a legendary gem with a 5% chance).

Yes, you can get the same power gain as a F2P player but it will take years and PVP isn't normalized. Your normal gear and gems are normalized but your resonance from your legendary gems (the percentage based increase to dps and HP) isn't. So if you join PVP and didn't invest hundreds or thousands of dollar you get one shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lordjust View Post
    The powergain ist game changing and 2/5 to 5/5 stars can only come from legendary crests that you get 2-3 per month as a F2P player.
    That's not true - you can also craft them, but it's random, which is fine.
    And Diablo is not a PvP game. It's PvE game with a PvP mode for those who want to PWN someone. Like it always has been since D2.

Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    The game itself is quality. They are charging you to play, for a game that might be the most iconic franchise ever made.

Immortal might even cash in all the mistakes they been doing recently. Maybe this is the way Blizzard will survive. Who knows?

Just give me one reason, why they shouldn't earn money.

- - - Updated - - -

That is where you have the problem - the community itself. Blizzard is just earning thier money, why would they even care. Why should any other game charge money, and they shouldn't.

Wtf man, "earning money" is not the only right thing to do. I could earn money by selling my organs... do i do it ? absolulety not

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hattahat View Post
    It doesn't matter if some random streamers spend a lot of money on games. In Korea, some streamers spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on Lost Ark. It's not that special in Asian style games.
    it's stupid and should be illegal in places like Europe. I know USA and the world in general don't care. Like just limit micro transaction to 100€ / month or make them illegal once and for all. Its possible to do it, we've done it here in Belgium

- - - Updated - - -

People need to understand that what works for mobile doesn't work for consoles/pc. They are entirely different markets with very little crossover.

The mistake here was making a PC client, because now you have core gamers freaking out over somethings that existed for years and acting like the sky is falling but I gaurantee nothing is gonna change one way or another when it comes to how f2p mobile games are handled and how console/pc games are handled.

Why smartphones only deserve cash grab games ? Because kids play it ? only shit, it's even worse when said like that

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    yeah, no...
    most of the gaming community doesnt even give a fuck about gaming companies, they care about the games and even that only to extend if they like them or not...
    part that care about companies - forum goers and so - are very small part, and even that small part is not unified in this, its just that the haters are loudest

- - - Updated - - -

this, people act like its something new, but its not, they just now realised it and think it will suddenly change everything...
    well id didnt change everything in over a decade, but sure, now its just matter of days... /s
    It has changed, now micro transactions are considered "normal" and the few games without them are praised. Yes, the world of gaming has ALREADY changed

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Community gets:
    1. Freedom to play the game they want

Blizzard should get:
    1. Freedom to earn money the way they want

Lol yeah of course, because you know, laws are for the weak and the poor.

Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    It has changed, now micro transactions are considered "normal" and the few games without them are praised. Yes, the world of gaming has ALREADY changed
    and sky didnt fall, good games without microtransactions didnt dissapear... do we have less games without mtx? well, id say no, but we have VASTLY more games, most of which are monetised, so it SEEMS there is less with just upfront price...

gaming has changed, well what a surprised, its not like rest of the world is the same it was 20y ago, developers ofc adapted, they had to, otherwise they would be done, theres PLENTY of examples of failed gaming studios...

and sky didnt fall, good games without microtransactions didnt dissapear... do we have less games without mtx? well, id say no, but we have VASTLY more games, most of which are monetised, so it SEEMS there is less with just upfront price...

gaming has changed, well what a surprised, its not like rest of the world is the same it was 20y ago, developers ofc adapted, they had to, otherwise they would be done, theres PLENTY of examples of failed gaming studios...
    Bit of a segway post here.

People seem to forget that gaming prices have stayed the same or decreased in price.
    When i was a kid a NES cartridge could cost $80 where I'm from. Then a time passed it dropped down to $60 being the norm and some games that previously cost $60 is now $40. And that's not taking inflation into account. Which makes it better for us.

That's not talking about the insane library of indie games all ranging between $5-$30...

The reason for this is because of other ways monetise, such as cosmetics. And in some cases a more egregious cash shop which even lends to things being free at times.
    Before anyone chews me off I don't like p2w stuff like D:I has.
    But talking about MTX being all bad is just misses the mark. I wonder how many would be glad if all MTX disappeared and then you paid a hell of a lot more upfront... I personally enjoy how it currently is if it's handled properly.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    Those kinds of idiots are the reason this issue exists..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

games were free to play before microtransactions?
    also its not like cost of everything went up, surely devs are fine working for the same wage they had in 2000... /s
    Nope. Once again. No one is arguing that the game should be free or devs not paid. I think my comment(s) clearly implied that.

isnt only issue in those countries that blizz didnt publicaly release all the probabilities and similar data? the boxes and all that "predatory" practices are fine there, just that you have to show some numbers, which most people wouldnt even understand most likely so im not sure why THAT is the issue...
    - - - Updated - - -
    and yours opinion is as irrelevant as his... people should do whatever the fuck they want regardless of your - or his - opinion...
    people should use brain and make their OWN opinion not just jump on first hate (or hype) train coming along...

- - - Updated - - -
    funny how you use alcohol and cigaretes as example as they both are prefectly legal and not even regulated, other than age restriction (which diablo have too btw), just taxed, despite causing actual property damage, health problems, even deaths... yet its the mtx in games should be regulated or banned...

btw, the warnings on cigaretes, the pictures of "damage" they can cause? do you realise it ENORMOUSLY INCREASED sales of cigaretes, which tobaco companies and governments knows, yet ignore, bcs thats more profitable?

- - - Updated - - -
    games were free to play before microtransactions?
    also its not like cost of everything went up, surely devs are fine working for the same wage they had in 2000... /s
    So are you arguing most people couldn't understand a simple probability table?

75.4% outcome 1, 20.1% outcome 2, 4.5% to hit the second table, and then 75%, 20%, 4%, 1% for each of the next outcomes is gibberish to most people?

That people can't come to the same conclusions, and that a large amount of people coming to the same conclusion somehow discredits its validity? There is no reason to criticize anything blizzard does unless you hate the company in it's entirety?

Gambling addictions have never caused loss of property, health or mental issues, or death?

And you dispute that some games were free before microtransactions? Really? Every single game ever created before microtransactions cost money? And as a cherry on-top, the false equivalence that because prices have gone up, it's okay to charge 5 or 6 figures for stats in a videogame?

Am I understanding you correctly?
    (This signature was clearly too awesome for the Avatar & Signature Guidelines and was removed to prevent further facemelting)