*BUG* Issue pulling boss early???!!!

Any other hunters having this issue? Whenever I target the boss I automatically shoot the boss and it's not just me it's every hunter in our raid. I can't pre-cast a shot anymore and I'm wondering if this is happening to anyone else here?.

I looked on the blizzard forums and a few other people have complained about it as well. I'm hoping enough hunters complain about this or put in tickets so they can fix this bug. Ever since 9.2.5, it's been very messed up. We've had so many people pull the post early on accident just because of that so now none of the hunters are even allowed to target the boss until zero on the countdown.

We have to turn our backs to the boss just to use our hunters mark on it.

Just frustrating haha.

Hunters accidentally pulling. I don't see the bug here.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I've done it a few times where tab target has automatically engaged the boss. bit annoying but all I do now is tab target when I am out of range

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thesimpsonsman View Post
    Any other hunters having this issue? Whenever I target the boss I automatically shoot the boss and it's not just me it's every hunter in our raid. I can't pre-cast a shot anymore and I'm wondering if this is happening to anyone else here?.

I looked on the blizzard forums and a few other people have complained about it as well. I'm hoping enough hunters complain about this or put in tickets so they can fix this bug. Ever since 9.2.5, it's been very messed up. We've had so many people pull the post early on accident just because of that so now none of the hunters are even allowed to target the boss until zero on the countdown.

We have to turn our backs to the boss just to use our hunters mark on it.

Just frustrating haha.
    random question: did you do this in a raid recently? like less than 2 hours ago? on a boss whose name rhymes with sausage?

Are you right clicking or does it happen when you use mark?

It’s a known bug. I have no idea how quickly Blizz will fix it, but it has been happening since patch day. It’s a bug that happens from just targeting something, and can also trigger off of applying HM.
    Luckily, it hasn’t happened to me yet, but one of the other Hunters in my guild has it happen every other pull. Got so bad he has to keep his back to the boss when using HM, and can’t precast most of the time.

Literally just when i target the boss, I wouldnt right click because it would shoot. Even when i tab target it puts me in combat.

It seems to be certain "character states", whatever that means.

I couldn't replicate it on a target dummy and it didn't happen to me while playing MM on Lords of Dread. However I played BM on Rygelon and it happened quite frequently. On Jailer yesterday it happened some times but not as many.

I also got in the habit of facing away from the boss until pull time and you can still tell your character is trying to shoot the boss because the message "Target must be in front of you" pops up. When this happens every time you target the boss in that "state" it will try to auto shot. If the message doesn't come up then your character won't try to auto shoot the boss. It seems dying or Feign Death reset's the character's "state". I'm not sure what's going on internally.

One thing's for sure: it's 100% not due to right clicking or even casting Hunter's Mark itself. Even just tab-targeting the boss can cause it. I do know there's a combat flag that makes Hunters automatically start auto-shot on a new target when in combat. I think that flag is getting incorrectly stuck when out of combat.

I was raiding on a MoP private server the other day and found myself habitually turning away from the boss to Hunter's Mark before the pull because I'm used to it now after Rygelon progression on retail. That, plus having to use a weakaura to tell me when my Unity legendary might be bugged out and silently not working, plus the general shittiness of Shadowlands design (e.g. having to change covenant/conduit stuff between respeciing), made me realise that I'm generally getting a more refined, more bug-free, and less stressful experience out of a private server of an 8-year-old version of the game than retail. It's a pretty sad state of affairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    It’s a known bug.
    Link to blue post acknowledging it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bepples View Post
    It seems to be certain "character states", whatever that means.

I couldn't replicate it on a target dummy and it didn't happen to me while playing MM on Lords of Dread. However I played BM on Rygelon and it happened quite frequently. On Jailer yesterday it happened some times but not as many.

I also got in the habit of facing away from the boss until pull time and you can still tell your character is trying to shoot the boss because the message "Target must be in front of you" pops up. When this happens every time you target the boss in that "state" it will try to auto shot. If the message doesn't come up then your character won't try to auto shoot the boss. It seems dying or Feign Death reset's the character's "state". I'm not sure what's going on internally.

One thing's for sure: it's 100% not due to right clicking or even casting Hunter's Mark itself. Even just tab-targeting the boss can cause it. I do know there's a combat flag that makes Hunters automatically start auto-shot on a new target when in combat. I think that flag is getting incorrectly stuck when out of combat.

I was raiding on a MoP private server the other day and found myself habitually turning away from the boss to Hunter's Mark before the pull because I'm used to it now after Rygelon progression on retail. That, plus having to use a weakaura to tell me when my Unity legendary might be bugged out and silently not working, plus the general shittiness of Shadowlands design (e.g. having to change covenant/conduit stuff between respeciing), made me realise that I'm generally getting a more refined, more bug-free, and less stressful experience out of a private server of an 8-year-old version of the game than retail. It's a pretty sad state of affairs.
    It seemed like maybe even another hunter casting hunters mark on the boss could be a trigger versus casting it yourself. I feel like the times when it hasn't happened, there hasn't been a hunters mark on the boss.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Yes, it does happen since 9.2.5: if you die it sometimes does not reset autoshot ready state. Which means whatever you take into target you will autoshoot. So far you either need to relog, or kill any other mob. Dying does not fix it, I've also experienced with several /stopattack macros, but nothing helped yet.

But since it's not easily reproducable, and my raid is not very keen on me experimenting then, I can only say relogging does fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    It seemed like maybe even another hunter casting hunters mark on the boss could be a trigger versus casting it yourself. I feel like the times when it hasn't happened, there hasn't been a hunters mark on the boss.
    It's not related to Hunter's Mark. It can happen without casting Hunter's Mark on the boss at all. I was the only Hunter last week on our Jailer progression and I would always target the boss while facing away, and the "Target must be in front of you" message that indicated Auto Shot was activated came up before I would Hunter's Mark.

BTW Survival should be ranged.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Yes, it does happen since 9.2.5: if you die it sometimes does not reset autoshot ready state. Which means whatever you take into target you will autoshoot. So far you either need to relog, or kill any other mob. Dying does not fix it, I've also experienced with several /stopattack macros, but nothing helped yet.

But since it's not easily reproducable, and my raid is not very keen on me experimenting then, I can only say relogging does fix it.
    I find Feign Death cancels Auto Shot. It's not easily reproducable but you can tell if Auto Ahot is active by targetting the boss while facing away; the message "Target must be in front of you" will pop up.

P.S. One thing to add to the thread: I heard the bug is actually present for all classes and it's only apparent for Hunters because we are the only ones with a ranged Auto Attack. I don't know if that's true.