Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Hoidfallen Elves!!

That's right you read it correctly, Hoidfallen. The best race in all of warcraft. I'm so excited my amazing dream has become a reality....

/Sarcasm off

Wtf are void elves even now? I can go into the toon creation and make a blond void elf with undead skin and eyes and void tentacles coming from their scalp.

Like this chimaera of a race has no god damn identity anymore. There was absolutely no reason for velves to get darkfallen options. I'm convinced that it was a bug of the skins being ported to velves as a side effect of belves getting them.

If you went into the forums the day of, all velf players had a bugged out skin in their character skin.

But given how helfers behaved in the past, god forbid the bug was fixed and the skin removed.

Now the alliance has two darkfallen races and the horde 1, when darkfallen have always been a horde gimmick. The alliance has never once demanded undead elves.

The nelves I fully expected, but velves too??? Com on....
    There were no documented cases of risen velves in darkshore, just like NB.

If blizz is gonna go full stupid then might as well even the scales and give them to NB as well.

On top of that, undead belves would have been the perfect balance to velves getting pure skins.

It's sad how blizz caves in to these toxic players and you helfers should be ashamed to what you've done to the velf race.

Can't wait to have green maghar orcs and, uncorrupted gilneans, and normal kultirans, all for "CuzTOmiZaTIon"

I can't imagine caring that much about this

Wtf are void elves even now?
    The best-looking race that has ever graced the videogame with its presence.

I can go into the toon creation and make a blond void elf with undead skin and eyes and void tentacles coming from their scalp.
    The same can be said for Night elves and Blood elves. Playable dwarves come from Ironforge and yet they have Wildhammer options. Playable trolls come from the Darkspear tribe and yet they have Farraki options.

There was absolutely no reason for velves to get darkfallen options.
    Alleria Windrunner was one of the most popular war heroes in the history of Quel'Thalas, and many Quel'dorei rangers actually wanted her to remain in Quel'Thalas and serve as Ranger-General.

Furthermore, the returned Alleria now leads the greatest faction of Thalassian elves affiliated with the Alliance, the Ren'dorei.

There's no lore issue with a group of Darkfallen (risen Quel'dorei rangers) who seek to reunite with their beloved Alleria and their kin in the Alliance.

Now the alliance has two darkfallen races and the horde 1, when darkfallen have always been a horde gimmick.
    The Horde must pay reparations to the Alliance after the wreckage they caused in the Fourth War, sharing the Darkfallen is a start.

There were no documented cases of risen velves in darkshore, just like NB.
    The Farraki trolls were hostile to the Horde in BfA in Dazar'alor (the only major Sand troll character in BfA was the corrupt general who was openly hostile to the Horde emissary), and yet in Shadowlands they seemingly joined the hated Darkspears, hence why Darkspears got Farraki options. I don't see you complaining about that.

f blizz is gonna go full stupid then might as well even the scales and give them to NB as well.
    No, this is a bad idea.

Nightborne don't really deserve any additional option, they have reached the perfect spot. Furthermore, there is no way to justify Nightborne Dark Rangers, while I just justified the presence of Ren'dorei Dark Rangers.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-06-09 at 01:54 PM.

No more elfs

Quote Originally Posted by Clarinet View Post
    foxxy is basically no longer a fox - more like a badger this game

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry to break it down to ya, but varadox is 100% wrong.
    Void elves will always and forever be nobodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    The best-looking race that has ever graced the videogame with its presence.

The same can be said for Night elves and Blood elves. Playable dwarves come from Ironforge and yet they have Wildhammer options. Playable trolls come from the Darkspear tribe and yet they have Farraki options.

Alleria Windrunner was one of the most popular war heroes in the history of Quel'Thalas, and many Quel'dorei rangers actually wanted her to remain in Quel'Thalas and serve as Ranger-General.

Furthermore, the returned Alleria now leads the greatest faction of Thalassian elves affiliated with the Alliance, the Ren'dorei.

There's no lore issue with a group of Darkfallen (risen Quel'dorei rangers) who seek to reunite with their beloved Alleria and their kin in the Alliance.

The Horde must pay reparations to the Alliance after the wreckage they caused in the Fourth War, sharing the Darkfallen is a start.

The Farraki trolls were hostile to the Horde in BfA in Dazar'alor (the only major Sand troll character in BfA was the corrupt general who was openly hostile to the Horde emissary), and yet in Shadowlands they seemingly joined the hated Darkspears, hence why Darkspears got Farraki options. I don't see you complaining about that.

No, this is a bad idea.

Nightborne don't really deserve any additional option, they have reached the perfect spot. Furthermore, there is no way to justify Nightborne Dark Rangers, while I just justified the presence of Ren'dorei Dark Rangers.
    It makes sense for velves and belves for obviously story reasons... Wildhammer dwarves are not some different sub race, they're just regular dwarves with tattoos. As for trolls some dark spear could have recessive farraki genes and give birth to off spring with brown skin.

All of that doesn't justify void elves having 3 different elf flavors just for the fuck of it.

Alleria has nothing to do with horde dark rangers.

Not a single void elf was ever risen to be a dark ranger. Only nelves recently and a mix of belves and helves that were all horde.

Now the alliance has two darkfallen races when darkfallen we're never an alliance thing to begin with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Sorry to break it down to ya, but varadox is 100% wrong.
    Void elves will always and forever be nobodies.
    Exactly they have no damn identity at this point. They're like RDJs character from tropic thunder

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Forteofgray View Post
    I can't imagine caring that much about this
    Relax, it's a fan post on a fan forum, not a college thesis.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    It makes sense for velves and belves for obviously story reasons... Wildhammer dwarves are not some different sub race, they're just regular dwarves with tattoos. As for trolls some dark spear could have recessive farraki genes and give birth to off spring with brown skin.

All of that doesn't justify void elves having 3 different elf flavors just for the fuck of it.

Alleria has nothing to do with horde dark rangers.

Not a single void elf was ever risen to be a dark ranger. Only nelves recently and a mix of belves and helves that were all horde.

Now the alliance has two darkfallen races when darkfallen we're never an alliance thing to begin with.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly they have no damn identity at this point. They're like RDJs character from tropic thunder
    No, you are wrong. Void elves deserved to get Darkfallen in their ranks. The lore was there. If you missed it, it's your fault.

The seeds were already planted when Sin'dorei and Quel'dorei scholars were seen in Telogrus Rift in Legion. This told us that elves who were not touched by the Void could still hang out with the Ren'dorei. The signs were all there for Ren'dorei Darkfallen. You weren't paying attention.

...All of that doesn't justify void elves having 3 different elf flavors just for the fuck of it...
    Mag'har Orc says hi
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bruh, drink some water or something.

Players wanted it and got it, please explain to us where it hurts you again.

It's like some sort of weird veiled "stop having fun" post.

No, you are wrong. Void elves deserved to get Darkfallen in their ranks. The lore was there. If you missed it, it's your fault.

The seeds were already planted when Sin'dorei and Quel'dorei scholars were seen in Telogrus Rift in Legion. This told us that elves who were not touched by the Void could still hang out with the Ren'dorei. The signs were all there for Ren'dorei Darkfallen. You weren't paying attention.
    You realize that makes no sense right?.you can't be a none void touched dark ranger, hanging with other elves then tell me that there's actual void darkfallen.

Again, not once we're velves risen by Silv in bfa.

You got your pretend helf skins for velves, there was no reason to get dark rangers too. That is a HORDE flavor.

I bet if velves got nightborn jewelry you prob wouldn't question too, cus more options for your beautiful race.

I get it, you have some kind of weird kink for alleria and velves, but try to be none biased for two seconds. This makes absolutely no sense and is completely disrespectful to horde players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Bruh, drink some water or something.

Players wanted it and got it, please explain to us where it hurts you again.

It's like some sort of weird veiled "stop having fun" post.
    No one wanted void elf dark rangers, NO ONE. Horde dark rangers however of course since they're a horde flavor of elves since vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lodreh View Post
    Mag'har Orc says hi
    Maghar orc are just regular orcs.... And orcs have different shades of skin just like other races.

Try again, normy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wtf are void elves even now?
    After Draenei, the only other race from Ally that look nice!
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    After Draenei, the only other race from Ally that look nice!
    So before darkfallen skin they look like trash?

You got to look like 3 different elf flavors simultaneously to be cool?

10+ Year Old Account
    No one wanted void elf dark rangers, NO ONE. Horde dark rangers however of course since they're a horde flavor of elves and once vanilla.
    Please point to appropriate research published on the matter.

Also such anger... Y so srs?

You realize that makes no sense right?.you can't be a none void touched dark ranger, hanging with other elves then tell me that there's actual void darkfallen.

Again, not once we're darkfallen risen by Silv in bfa.

You got your pretend helf skins for velves, there was no reason to get dark rangers too. That is a HORDE flavor.

I bet if velves got nightborn jewelry you prob wouldn't question too, cus more options for your beautiful race.

I get it, you have some kind of weird kink for alleria and velves, but try to be none biased for two seconds. This makes absolutely no sense and is completely disrespectful to horde players.
    I am quite possibly the most unbiased person you could ever meet. I do not care about races, I care about good story. A good story was told here and so I will defend it. Believe me, I would not be defending Ren'dorei Darkfallen if they didn't make sense in the story. I would be very critical of them. But they make sense in the story and so I have no reason to be critical.

"Ren'dorei" as a term simply means "Children of the Void". Whether one is biologically altered by the Void or not doesn't matter. If a Darkfallen was interested in studying the Void, they would be welcomed by the Ren'dorei as one of them. Like those Sin'dorei and Quel'dorei scholars. Again, the signs were there, you didn't pay attention.

Your presumption that "no one" was asking for them is completely false. For years people were wondering if Drathir was somehow going to return and join the Ren'dorei, due to his research in the Void that was pivotal for Magister Umbric and his followers, in locating Telogrus Rift. The signs of a connection between the Ren'dorei and Darkfallen were always there and we as a community noticed them; that you didn't, doesn't mean they were not there or the demand from the players was not there.

Ren'dorei were entitled to fair skin forms since we know, from Alleria Windrunner, that the Ren'dorei have the ability to revert back to their fair form if they so choose. The Ren'dorei are like Sargeras; even if Sargeras became a fel monster, he could still appear as a pure titan, like when he deceived the Eredar.

There is no problem with the Ren'dorei getting Nightborne jewelry, since we know that they share a common ancestry in the Highborne, and so that jewelery could be Highborne inspired, it doesn't have to be unique to the Nightborne, and thus it could be passed down to the Thalassian elves. There would however be a problem with Nightborne getting Ren'dorei jewelery, since the Ren'dorei represent an evolved form of elven life as opposed to the more primitive and savage Nightborne, and thus their jewelry could have evolved in ways that the Nightborne (who are a more primitive elven race, this is lore fact) cannot comprehend.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-06-09 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Please point to appropriate research published on the matter.

Also such anger... Y so srs?
    Read the damn forums before 9.2.5 launched....

Alliance players only wanted helves not dark rangers.

Now the alliance has two darkfallen races and the horde 1, when darkfallen have always been a horde gimmick. The alliance has never once demanded undead elves.
    Id argue there's more belves than nelves. And there's like 7 velf players. So still a horde gimmick overall

Technically they should have 3. Humans were being raised as Dark Rangers and trained by Nathanos as well.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

I am quite possibly the most unbiased person you could ever meet. I do not care about races, I care about good story. A good story was told here and so I will defend it. Believe me, I would not be defending Ren'dorei Darkfallen if they didn't make sense in the story. I would be very critical of them. But they make sense in the story and so I have no reason to be critical.

"Ren'dorei" as a term simply means "Children of the Void". Whether one is biologically altered by the Void or not doesn't matter. If a Darkfallen was interested in studying the Void, they would be welcomed by the Ren'dorei as one of them. Like those Sin'dorei and Quel'dorei scholars. Again, the signs were there, you didn't pay attention.

Your presumption that "no one" was asking for them is completely false. For years people were wondering if Drathir was somehow going to return and join the Ren'dorei, due to his research in the Void that was pivotal for Magister Umbric and his followers, in locating Telogrus Rift. The signs of a connection between the Ren'dorei and Darkfallen were always there and we as a community noticed them; that you didn't, doesn't mean they were not there or the demand from the players was not there.

Ren'dorei were entitled to fair skin forms since we know, from Alleria Windrunner, that the Ren'dorei have the ability to revert back to their fair form if they so choose. The Ren'dorei are like Sargeras; even if Sargeras became a fel monster, he could still appear as a pure titan, like when he deceived the Eredar.

There is no problem with the Ren'dorei getting Nightborne jewelry, since we know that they share a common ancestry in the Highborne, and so that jewelery could be Highborne inspired. There would however be a problem with Nightborne getting Ren'dorei jewelery, since the Ren'dorei represent an evolved form of elven life as opposed to the more primitive and savage Nightborne, and thus their jewelry could have evolved in ways that the Nightborne (who are a more primitive elven race, this is lore fact) cannot comprehend.
    Lol come on man.... You're either a super troll or EXTREMELY biased. I'd love it if it was the former.

Regardless. Dark rangers who were 100% loyal to Sylvanas and the forsaken, a HORDE RACE, would have no reason to be void elves.

Nelves risen in darkshore, sure since they were swiftly abandoned by sylv anyway.

All this was, was just a hard shoe in because reasons. On top of that now you got two undead elves when they were originally a horde race while the horde only has one.

Like come on, you say you like a good story. Why the fuck would a dark ranger who's been loyal to Sylvanas and the forsake for years suddenly just be like, "you know what Sylvanas was a total bitch I'ma go rill with her sister now instead of my fellow forsaken and help rebuild our people."

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Id argue there's more belves than nelves. And there's like 7 velf players. So still a horde gimmick overall
    Where exactly are you getting your numbers from?

Look at the Void elves. Look at their appearance and listen to their VAs. Look at their animations. Does that look like an unpopular and barely played race to you?

- - - Updated - - -

Lol come on man.... You're either a super troll or EXTREMELY biased. I'd love it if it was the former.

Regardless. Dark rangers who were 100% loyal to Sylvanas and the forsaken, a HORDE RACE, would have no reason to be void elves.

Nelves risen in darkshore, sure since they were swiftly abandoned by sylv anyway.

All this was, was just a hard shoe in because reasons. On top of that now you got two undead elves when they were originally a horde race while the horde only has one.

Like come on, you say you like a good story. Why the fuck would a dark ranger who's been loyal to Sylvanas and the forsake for years suddenly just be like, "you know what Sylvanas was a total bitch I'ma go rill with her sister now instead of my fellow forsaken and help rebuild our people."
    The Dark Rangers renounced their loyalty to Sylvanas in 8.2.5.

As there is no war going on, them joining the Alliance doesn't mean they'll have to fight the Forsaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Technically they should have 3. Humans were being raised as Dark Rangers and trained by Nathanos as well.
    No Nathanos is just a special case. He was just a regular forsaken and then got his cousin's body via a Valkyr ritual as a gift by Sylvanas.