Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Where exactly are you getting your numbers from?

Look at the Void elves. Look at their appearance and listen to their VAs. Look at their animations. Does that look like an unpopular and barely played race to you?

- - - Updated - - -

The Dark Rangers renounced their loyalty to Sylvanas in 8.2.5.

As there is no war going on, them joining the Alliance doesn't mean they'll have to fight the Forsaken.

To SYLVANAS, not the horde

Wtf makes you think they'd wanna trade one windrunner for another when they'd forged bonds with the forsaken and other horde races for decades.

Again you said you like a good story my dude and called your self unbiased.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Corydon View Post
    Hint: It's a video game. Get over it. Try giving a fook about more important things in life. Just saying.
    Believe me I got more interesting n awesome things going on irl. I'm just making a fan post on a fan forum. Isn't this what the forums are for?

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    To SYLVANAS, not the horde

Wtf makes you think they'd wanna trade one windrunner for another when they'd forged bonds with the forsaken and other horde races for decades.

Again you said you like a good story my dude and called your self unbiased.

- - - Updated - - -

Believe me I got more interesting n awesome things going on irl. I'm just making a fan post on a fan forum. Isn't this what the forums are for?
    It's a good story.

The bonds they forged with the Forsaken and Horde are forever tainted by Sylvanas.

The bonds they had in life with Alleria and the rest of their Thalassian comrades in the Alliance are the only pure thing they have left.

In the end, some Undead would be unable to continue serving the Horde, after loyalty to the Horde made them commit such atrocious crimes in BfA. This is a good story.

What is not good is this community's reaction.

"WTF, the horde just committed genocide, everyone should be against it, the horde was supposed to be good and honorable!"

> A group of Darkfallen react and rejoin the Alliance

"WTF, why are they just abandoning the Horde and their Horde friends???"

10+ Year Old Account
    That's right you read it correctly, Hoidfallen. The best race in all of warcraft. I'm so excited my amazing dream has become a reality....

/Sarcasm off

Wtf are void elves even now? I can go into the toon creation and make a blond void elf with undead skin and eyes and void tentacles coming from their scalp.

Like this chimaera of a race has no god damn identity anymore. There was absolutely no reason for velves to get darkfallen options. I'm convinced that it was a bug of the skins being ported to velves as a side effect of belves getting them.

If you went into the forums the day of, all velf players had a bugged out skin in their character skin.

But given how helfers behaved in the past, god forbid the bug was fixed and the skin removed.

Now the alliance has two darkfallen races and the horde 1, when darkfallen have always been a horde gimmick. The alliance has never once demanded undead elves.

The nelves I fully expected, but velves too??? Com on....
    There were no documented cases of risen velves in darkshore, just like NB.

If blizz is gonna go full stupid then might as well even the scales and give them to NB as well.

On top of that, undead belves would have been the perfect balance to velves getting pure skins.

It's sad how blizz caves in to these toxic players and you helfers should be ashamed to what you've done to the velf race.

Can't wait to have green maghar orcs and, uncorrupted gilneans, and normal kultirans, all for "CuzTOmiZaTIon"
    You sound quite narrow-minded to believe Alliance didn't ask for undead characters? A common request I've seen on the forum. Even further, Void Elves aren't identified as Void Elves alone, they are as well, covering the 'High Elf' category now.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

It's a good story.

The bonds they forged with the Forsaken and Horde are forever tainted by Sylvanas.

The bonds they had in life with Alleria and the rest of their Thalassian comrades in the Alliance are the only pure thing they have left.

In the end, some Undead would be unable to continue serving the Horde, after loyalty to the Horde made them commit such atrocious crimes in BfA. This is a good story.
    So they decide to join another Windrunner who's dealing with powers just as dangerous as death and is married to a light zealot?

So all the countless battles fought along side horde races taints their relationship but completely cool with teaming up with the faction who hunted them and now has their abuser's sister as well, because of the bonds they forged before the 3rd war??????? Cuz remember the alliance completely abandoned the helves and is part of the reason why they're darkfallen in the first place.

THAT'S a good story????

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    You sound quite narrow-minded to believe Alliance didn't ask for undead characters? A common request I've seen on the forum. Even further, Void Elves aren't identified as Void Elves alone, they are as well, covering the 'High Elf' category now.
    Not they not, a velf is a velf, pale skin and blond or not, just like alleria. Try telling you're self that when your void elf combat buff procs.

And yeah I'm also sure the alliance asked for orcs and trolls too... Why and when the fuck would any alliance player ask for undead characters and if they did why would blizz cave in to an obvious normy.

Clearly no integrity for their own lore.

7+ Year Old Account
    Void elves should never have been a thing. They are so lame it hurts to even look at them because they could have been great, if they were just High elves.

Better question for you: Why shouldn't void elves get Darkfallen customization? Do you prefer stringent and precise lore precedent, or more player options?

I guess if you for some reason give so much of a shit about this bastardized game lore then sure, void elves being darkfallen don't make a whole lot of sense. But it likely took them mere minutes to implement a Darkfallen skin option for them, and it probably made a lot of players who play void elves happy.

So they decide to join another Windrunner who's dealing with powers just as dangerous as death and is married to a light zealot?

So all the countless battles fought along side horde races taints their relationship but completely cool with teaming up with the faction who hunted them and now has their abuser's sister as well, because of the bonds they forged before the 3rd war??????? Cuz remember the alliance completely abandoned the belves and is part of the reason why they're darkfallen in the first place.

THAT'S a good story????

- - - Updated - - -

Not they not, a velf is a velf, pale skin and blond or not, just like alleria. Try telling you're self that when your void elf combat buff procs.

And yeah I'm also sure the alliance asked for orcs and trolls too... Why and when the fuck would any alliance player ask for undead characters and if they did why would blizz cave in to an obvious normy.

The flaws you are finding are minor and mostly the result of nitpicking. A good story doesn't have to be perfect. People will tell you that Lord of the Rings is a good story but even that is not perfect and, if you nitpick enough, you will surely find many flaws.

This doesn't change the fact that the Darkfallen Alliance story is a good story of redemption for the undead, reunion with the living, and forgiveness from the Alliance, a story that has potential.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    Better question for you: Why shouldn't void elves get Darkfallen customization? Do you prefer stringent and precise lore precedent, or more player options?

I guess if you for some reason give so much of a shit about this bastardized game lore then sure, void elves being darkfallen don't make a whole lot of sense. But it likely took them mere minutes to implement a Darkfallen skin option for them, and it probably made a lot of players who play void elves happy.
    It should be noted that Dar'khan Drathir, a Darkfallen, was behind the Void research that guided Magister Umbric and his followers to Telogrus Rift.

So a Darkfallen Void user might not be so strange as we might think at a first glance.

What are void elves? They are Blizzards pityful attempt to rectify one of their biggest mistakes: Giving the BElfs to the Horde.
    That started the decline of the Horde as the monster faction, it made no sense lorewise and it's the reason for the faction imbalance we face now.

That's right you read it correctly, Hoidfallen. The best race in all of warcraft. I'm so excited my amazing dream has become a reality....

/Sarcasm off

Wtf are void elves even now? I can go into the toon creation and make a blond void elf with undead skin and eyes and void tentacles coming from their scalp.

Like this chimaera of a race has no god damn identity anymore. There was absolutely no reason for velves to get darkfallen options. I'm convinced that it was a bug of the skins being ported to velves as a side effect of belves getting them.

If you went into the forums the day of, all velf players had a bugged out skin in their character skin.

But given how helfers behaved in the past, god forbid the bug was fixed and the skin removed.

Now the alliance has two darkfallen races and the horde 1, when darkfallen have always been a horde gimmick. The alliance has never once demanded undead elves.

The nelves I fully expected, but velves too??? Com on....
    There were no documented cases of risen velves in darkshore, just like NB.

If blizz is gonna go full stupid then might as well even the scales and give them to NB as well.

On top of that, undead belves would have been the perfect balance to velves getting pure skins.

It's sad how blizz caves in to these toxic players and you helfers should be ashamed to what you've done to the velf race.

Can't wait to have green maghar orcs and, uncorrupted gilneans, and normal kultirans, all for "CuzTOmiZaTIon"
    What are you even talking about, I am really confused?

Also, Void Elfs are by far the best race in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account

Alliance players has asked for Undead choices for at least 10 years. Part of the wish to wash out factions, and rage types like you seem to have.

As well, Void Elves ARE High Elves too, that is why Void Elves HAVE High Elf customization, and the ability to hide the tendrils/void-crap. Gameplay =/= Story after all, and some players use them for such, story. Void Elves are an Allied Race of excuses. It was added because Alliance wanted High Elves, so, they gave them edgy elves, then they were updated so they could fulfill the High Elf need of the Alliance.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The flaws you are finding are minor and mostly the result of nitpicking. A good story doesn't have to be perfect. People will tell you that Lord of the Rings is a good story but even that is not perfect and, if you nitpick enough, you will surely find many flaws.

This doesn't change the fact that the Darkfallen Alliance story is a good story of redemption for the undead, reunion with the living, and forgiveness from the Alliance, a story that has potential.

- - - Updated - - -

It should be noted that Dar'khan Drathir, a Darkfallen, was behind the Void research that guided Magister Umbric and his followers to Telogrus Rift.

So a Darkfallen Void user might not be so strange as we might think at a first glance.
    I'm nitpicking??? There is are no recorded void elves being raised by sylv during bfa.

This implys that some darkfallen willingly chose to go to the alliance AND partake in the void.

WHY?

The alliance is part of reason why they're darkfallen to begin with. They were hunted by the alliance when Sylvanas tried to find a home after the third war.

They were then subsequently abandoned by their savior while also building strong relationships with the faction that took them in and gave them security against a world that hates them for decades.

So some of them get the bright idea to join the same faction that shunned them because their abuser's sister is in it?

W
    T
    F

That is not nitpicking, that is pure fucking trash because some idiot dev forgot to turn off darkfallen skin code from the nearly.carbon copy velf to velf code and now they have to roll with their shit because of players who'd throw a fit for getting their skin taken away.

Blizz needs to grow a pair.

Where exactly are you getting your numbers from?

Look at the Void elves. Look at their appearance and listen to their VAs. Look at their animations. Does that look like an unpopular and barely played race to you?

- - - Updated - - -

The Dark Rangers renounced their loyalty to Sylvanas in 8.2.5.

As there is no war going on, them joining the Alliance doesn't mean they'll have to fight the Forsaken.
    I'm guessing you are 1 of the 7 void elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Alliance players has asked for Undead choices for at least 10 years. Part of the wish to wash out factions, and rage types like you seem to have.

As well, Void Elves ARE High Elves too, that is why Void Elves HAVE High Elf customization, and the ability to hide the tendrils/void-crap. Gameplay =/= Story after all, and some players use them for such, story. Void Elves are an Allied Race of excuses. It was added because Alliance wanted High Elves, so, they gave them edgy elves, then they were updated so they could fulfill the High Elf need of the Alliance.
    Is alleria a high elf? Nope. No different than playable blond pale velves.

A player can pretend to be a paladin as a DK in pally gear all they want. Doesn't mean they are.

You must be on some good shit if you think alliance were asking for undead races since cataslysm. Lmao like what. What happened in cata to stoke that. Okay papi...

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    What are void elves? They are Blizzards pityful attempt to rectify one of their biggest mistakes: Giving the BElfs to the Horde.
    That started the decline of the Horde as the monster faction, it made no sense lorewise and it's the reason for the faction imbalance we face now.
    Considering how Blood Elfs are by far the most played race on the Horde and how cool their backstory is for joining the Horde (not just my opinion), it was absolutely a massive win for Blizzard. The Horde wouldn't have been nearly as popular right now as it would without Blood Elfs, so from a gameplay and player satisfaction perspective (those are the only 2 things that matter), it's an absolute win.

On the other hand, Void Elfs are similar to Blood Elfs are an interesting and likewise 'controversial' spin to an otherwise pretty boring race (High Elfs).

All in all, you may talk about declines or some other bullshit, but the fact is that Void Elfs are extremely popular as a race and loved by most people. And even more so Blood Elfs. I'm sure more people are playing the game because of this, rather than less. That's all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    What are you even talking about, I am really confused?

Also, Void Elfs are by far the best race in WoW.
    Yeah I guess you're the only confused person in the thread.

Yeah well when you have access to 3 different flavors of elves in one race cuz blizz dun give a shit about their lore of m sure normies like you would think that.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    I think it would have made more sense to add darkfallen customization options to forsaken characters, not elves.

I don't mean lorderon forsaken with red eyes, I mean you roll a forsaken characters, and one of the customizations is picking if you're an undead human, elf, whatever else they wanna add.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post

Yes I prefer lore precedent over what some sweaty nerds like for the sake of looking AWeSoMe.

The lore matters, it's a part of the game. This shit opens up a can of worms that would end up with warcraft turning into a clown show.

So blizz should have grown a pair and not given a fuck of those happy players and instead care about the integrity of their own lore over some guys xmog and removed those options from their sweaty hands.
    Last edited by Varx; 2022-06-09 at 03:02 PM.

Character customization shouldn't be seen as related to lore. You create a high elf or an undead elf or a void elf with the provided customization options. Forget about them being called "Void Elves", you make what you want.

Blizzard doesn't have a complete philosophy on character creation. Sometimes a customization is added as an allied race, other times it's just options for existing races. It's all over the place. The best way to make sense out of it is to take the same approach as the rest of the lore in recent years: ignore it.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    Character customization shouldn't be seen as related to lore. You create a high elf or an undead elf or a void elf with the provided customization options. Forget about them being called "Void Elves", you make what you want.

Blizzard doesn't have a complete philosophy on character creation. Sometimes a customization is added as an allied race, other times it's just options for existing races. It's all over the place. The best way to make sense out of it is to take the same approach as the rest of the lore in recent years: ignore it.
    Well when you got blond tentacle scalped dark rangers running around, it's hard to ignore and take seriously.

Plus this was the opportunity to make amends by giving void elves pure options, by giving corrupted options to belves. And they dropped the ball by giving the alliance TWO undead elves when they've been a horde flavor since vanilla.

That's not right

Not a single void elf was ever risen to be a dark ranger. Only nelves recently and a mix of belves and helves that were all horde.
    Oh man, do you know who you're trying to argue with? Captain headcanon himself has no interest in facts. You are right though there are no records of void elves being dark rangers, it's basically a gameplay > lore thing to give more customization to a race that didn't need it and until we see active void elves dark ranger NPCS walking around in game confirming they were raised by Sylvanas I'm not going to buy into his BS.

The only confirmed dark rangers who are part of the alliance are the night elves who returned as we saw via in game dialogue.