Page 1 of 2
LastLast

GOP Candidate Carl Paladino Calls Adolf Hitler 'The Kind Of Leader We Need Today'

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/carl-...b06594c1c58d4a

Republican House candidate Carl Paladino praised Nazi leader Adolf Hitler’s ability to rouse “the crowds” and declared Hitler “the kind of leader we need today” in a February 2021 interview on the radio station WBEN in Buffalo, New York.

Paladino, a businessman and leading GOP figure in New York state who was the party’s gubernatorial nominee in 2010, is running for the Republican nomination to replace the retiring Rep. Chris Jacobs (R-N.Y.).

Rep. Elise Stefanik (R-N.Y.), chair of the House Republican Conference, the third-ranking position in GOP House leadership, swiftly endorsed Paladino after Jacobs announced his retirement. Jacobs became a target of conservative gun rights activists following his endorsement of limited gun control measures.

Stefanik’s office did not immediately respond to a request for comment on Paladino’s remarks.

Paladino’s pro-Hitler comments, first reported by the liberal media watchdog Media Matters, were made on The r-House Radio Show, a radio show hosted by real estate company executive Peter Hunt on a local Buffalo radio station.

“[M]any people don’t voice their opinion or just become, see it as utter futility,” Hunt said. “How do you rouse the population? How do you get people thinking about the possibility of change here in New York state and what that might mean for our, for everyone here?”

I was thinking the other day about — somebody had mentioned on the radio Adolf Hitler and how he aroused the crowds,” Paladino responded, chuckling a little bit as he said the Nazi dictator’s name. “And he would get up there screaming these epithets and these people were just — they were hypnotized by him. That’s, I guess, I guess that’s the kind of leader we need today. We need somebody inspirational.

Adolf Hitler was the fascist dictator of Nazi Germany from 1933 until his suicide at the end of World War II in 1945. He was responsible for ending democracy in Germany and starting a war for global domination that cost the lives of between 75 and 80 million people. That included approximately six million Jews mass murdered who died in the Holocaust, the attempted genocide of Jewish people orchestrated by Hitler.

This isn’t Paladino’s first brush with controversy. In 2016, he said in an interview that he would like to see President Barack Obama die from mad cow disease and First Lady Michelle Obama “return to being a male and let loose in the outback of Zimbabwe where she lives comfortably in a cave with Maxie, the gorilla.” Those comments led to Paladino being removed from the Buffalo School Board.

Paladino’s campaign did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
    What the fuck is it with the Republican party and praising Adolph Hitler? I'll even ignore the outright Nazi candidates that have run as Republicans, but many of their elected politicians or "serious" candidates (i.e. not some ransom Nazi that gets 1.2% of the primary vote) keep cozying up to Hitler.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Like Cawthorn said : "It's time for dark MAGA"

10+ Year Old Account
    HAHAHAHAHAA! LMFAO That is pretty on brand for Trumpsters. Although seeing he's also from Buffalo NY it's not surprising here. So many people think it's a grift unfortunately especially when saying Democrats and the current Republican party are the same.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

the scary thing is that all their hitler love doesn't seem to stop people from supporting them

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're the kind of person who can be motivated and pushed along by an orator like Adolf Hitler, then here's a news flash;

You're one Adolf away from being a fucking Nazi, yourself.

That shouldn't be something you applaud, it should horrify you for your wild failures of personal character. And if it doesn't horrify you, then you don't need to wait for a new Adolf; you're already a fuckin' Nazi.

LMAO at least choose some random fascist that people don't know a whole lot of

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    LMAO at least choose some random fascist that people don't know a whole lot of
    I mean...there are a wealth of options for great public speakers who riled up crowds and had moving oratories that didn't also attempt to conquer the world and commit genocide.

But Republicans seem to keep thinking that Hitler was the only good speaker ever. And that he just wanted to Make Germany Great Again and it would have been fine if he kept his genocide just within the borders of Germany.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I mean...there are a wealth of options for great public speakers who riled up crowds and had moving oratories that didn't also attempt to conquer the world and commit genocide.

But Republicans seem to keep thinking that Hitler was the only good speaker ever. And that he just wanted to Make Germany Great Again and it would have been fine if he kept his genocide just within the borders of Germany.
    Like, off the top of my head and with an eye towards the American context, sure seems like Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. would be a far better orator to idolize, one who was more recent in American history, and whose speeches are immediately intelligible to people who speak English and not German.

Sure seems like if you're going internationally to pick up the likes of Hitler as your go-to example, it isn't about oratory, it's about genociding those you're bigoted against.

Bringing up Hitler because you want to talk about a moving speech-maker is like bringing up Hitler because you want to talk about the health advantages of vegetarianism. If you're bringing up Hitler, it's probably not because of those things.
    Last edited by Endus; 2022-06-09 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Sure seems like if you're going internationally to pick up the likes of Hitler as your go-to example, it isn't about oratory, it's about genociding those you're bigoted against.
    Half-jokingly, I wouldn't be surprised if the stories about Hitler making women orgasm during his speeches are an inspiration to many of these Republican dudes who keep bringing him up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Republicans lately being all like 'fuck the mask' they just gonna say it up front. :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/carl-...b06594c1c58d4a

What the fuck is it with the Republican party and praising Adolph Hitler? I'll even ignore the outright Nazi candidates that have run as Republicans, but many of their elected politicians or "serious" candidates (i.e. not some ransom Nazi that gets 1.2% of the primary vote) keep cozying up to Hitler.
    While this is shocking, it's not surprising - if I can have that distinction here. The GQP has been moving in this direction, or was quietly already here, for decades. @Endus called it awhile ago, the United States is slowly/quietly moving towards a Fascist State. The above is the GQP saying the quiet part out loud, yet again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If you're the kind of person who can be motivated and pushed along by an orator like Adolf Hitler, then here's a news flash;

You're one Adolf away from being a fucking Nazi, yourself.

That shouldn't be something you applaud, it should horrify you for your wild failures of personal character. And if it doesn't horrify you, then you don't need to wait for a new Adolf; you're already a fuckin' Nazi.
    The GQP started reading 1984 when the Democrats called them out on it in 2015/16. Unfortunately, they interpreted it as a how-to guide, and are now slowly implementing it.

If they were a sane party, they'd ban him from running under their party label, but uh...yeah...
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAA! LMFAO That is pretty on brand for Trumpsters.
    Truly there are very fine people on both sides. /sarcasm

10+ Year Old Account
    Have no fear, there is a bunch of "what he MEANT was" folks out there ready to explain why this is totes fine.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Truly there are very fine people on both sides. /sarcasm
    Yeah, I'll admit I'd like to see this guys basement just for context LOL. Although not because it will changes his supporters minds.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Hey people! Fascism is coming. Probably in 2024.

Not familiar or looking up that NY district. Assuming it is northern NY state but as with any blue state you have those pockets. I guess I'm wishing this district has enough sensible people, but if its a solid red district they will vote for Team Red over democracy.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Assuming it is northern NY state
    Hey!

(remembers Rep is Stefank)

...yeah, that tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Hey!

(remembers Rep is Stefank)

...yeah, that tracks.
    Well, she was a centrist when elected. Went full Trump and again I'm assuming she has had a re-election in 2020 so the voter in NY no he she is. Dangit brb. Ok here district is as far north as you can get on the Canadian border. So for here it's not voting Team Red for tax breaks, they probably are most full Trumpers.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Well, there's Putin. I suggest he moves to ruZZia to fullfill his dream.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just from reading more in the article, it seems his excuse is that he couldn't think of other charismatic orators. Only two real options to explain his words though, he is too ignorant to have come up with any other examples or he just likes Hitler.

If I were to bet money on this, it would be on the latter. The love for fascists and fascism is disgustingly normal for the GOP.

I suppose both things being true could also be the case; call it option 3, he is ignorant and he likes Hitler.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.