Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Today I learned that the Alliance perspective and references to Horde fan behavior is "crazy talk". How dare people paying for a two faction game expect that the factions are treated equally!
    Or rather - how can they not trust the horde fan's word on "people totes hated it" when their own eyes saw entirely different picture and to this day horde players only complain about "betraying the warchief" and stopping the genocide.

Just take this forum for example. But nooo, we must be making things up. Making things up so well they become a reality.

Today I learned that the Alliance perspective and references to Horde fan behavior is "crazy talk". How dare people paying for a two faction game expect that the factions are treated equally!
    You know it's mostly just the same thing since the beginning of BFA.

That's what I consider crazy talk :

Quote Originally Posted by Loreth88 View Post
    Yes it have some horde bias, Horde player wanna be savage, monster races because its cool, but don't wanna be evil at the same time, going to rampage time to time and don't wanna be accountable for it and they don't. Want everything, and pay nothing.
    Only the Taurens are not evil race and maybe the trolls but they are more grey, sadly they become toothless.
    Generalization over the playerbase mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    And nothing stops Blizz from elevating other Horde characters to prominence... If they stop spending time to ruin Alliance stuff or mutilate another Alliance race they may find time to put more Horde characters into a spotlight that is not a pyre full of still alive Alliance civilians and children.

But they love you too much to stop doing this. You see the flawed circle here? Their absolute unconditional adoration for you ruins your faction as much as their disregard and hate of Alliance ruins ours.
    "The writing team loves your faction so much they are ruining it." is a novelty

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Wrong. They saw backlash about being CALLED evil. They didnt saw genocide, war crimes and etc as evil. They want to do all that (and more, good old rape camps for draenei say "hy") but be called great heroes and not be inconvenienced by that in the slightest.
    Screaming about the warcrimes of a fictional faction more vehemently than you'd see everyone talk about the warcrime of an actual faction.
    It's like the fight of their life, I wonder if they ask for no pickles with the same passion.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Logically, what we should have seen is a mass exodus of many Horde races from the Horde to the Alliance (the "last great mortal superpower left on Azeroth" according to Blizzard), after MoP.
    Assumptions as to how the story should have gone from a one-sided perspective.

This is why I call these guys emotional wrecks. Vlad doesn't even play the game anymore and is on the same rant since 2018.
    They were so personally attacked by the shit writing that they are taking it out on basically everyone they meet. At this point I don't even know if they want a formal apology from Blizzard. Or from the Horde playerbase. But they bring it in such a personal level you can hardly believe they just want things to get better. It's like the game was ruined for them but they could never move on and we're stuck as their breakup ice cream.

I do have my own triggers though. I could rant for hours about how Jarod is a shit character if you'd let me. But it's not that much of a compulsion.

This thread is getting off-track with generalizations and interpersonal arguments. Let's return to the topic of discussion as opposed to the broader and unsolvable issue of perceived faction bias.
    WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?. - Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man

Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    You know it's mostly just the same thing since the beginning of BFA.

That's what I consider crazy talk :

Generalization over the playerbase mentality.

"The writing team loves your faction so much they are ruining it." is a novelty

Screaming about the warcrimes of a fictional faction more vehemently than you'd see everyone talk about the warcrime of an actual faction.
    It's like the fight of their life, I wonder if they ask for no pickles with the same passion.

Assumptions as to how the story should have gone from a one-sided perspective.

This is why I call these guys emotional wrecks. Vlad doesn't even play the game anymore and is on the same rant since 2018.
    They were so personally attacked by the shit writing that they are taking it out on basically everyone they meet. At this point I don't even know if they want a formal apology from Blizzard. Or from the Horde playerbase. But they bring it in such a personal level you can hardly believe they just want things to get better. It's like the game was ruined for them but they could never move on and we're stuck as their breakup ice cream.

I do have my own triggers though. I could rant for hours about how Jarod is a shit character if you'd let me. But it's not that much of a compulsion.
    Oh trust me, love can do as much damage as hatred. Think of parents who endlessly spoil their child, buying them all the candy and toys they ask for, never teaching them to behave and etc, in the end you have a spoiled brat with diabetes and awful social skills. Thats the Horde’s situation. Blizz were stuffing you with junk food for so long that now, when “doctor came back with a diagnose” they go into panic mode and put you on a oatmeal porridge diet and water (Council, Calia, so on).

Its not quantum physics really, and not some deep psychology, its basic human reactions and since Blizz writers are a bunch of compulsory, lazy hacks they only act on their most basic reactions. So thats why they “swing” so wildly back and forth and seemingly add things in a panicked attempts to “fix” the plot when they notice its gone to shit.

Also so far the only person to actually expect a written apology from Blizz, sent hate mail to Blizz and suggested to travel to Irvine and attack their office was… Erevien/Garzrug who is 100% horde, as horde as cactus juice.

If the factions were equal the alliance would have lost at least a few dozen leaders just like the Horde did. But because Blizzard hates the Horde and loves the alliance the Alliance remains unharmed from any problems. Alliance bias is real and people like yourself and Vlad are the perfect proof of that. Check your privilige.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    This thread is getting off-track with generalizations and interpersonal arguments. Let's return to the topic of discussion as opposed to the broader and unsolvable issue of perceived faction bias.
    If we want to fix the faction inequality the problems needs to be tackled. The Horde'S major problem is that all their important characters die off like flies in masses while the alliance gains one victory after another. THe alliance community needs to acknowledge this and helps the community in making the scales even.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    If the factions were equal the alliance would have lost at least a few dozen leaders just like the Horde did.
    Or if you read a few posts back, the real reason is the old leaders were incompatible with the WC3 whitewashing of the Horde.

But because Blizzard hates the Horde and loves the alliance the Alliance remains unharmed from any problems.
    Emphasis mine. The only thing such a ludicrous statement deserves is:

Alliance bias is real and people like yourself and Vlad are the perfect proof of that.
    How dare there be people who like the Alliance! This is supposed to be a one faction game!

Check your privilige.
    Meme harder.
    Last edited by Feanoro; Today at 07:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Or if you read a few posts back, the real reason is the old leaders were incompatible with the WC3 whitewashing of the Horde.

Emphasis mine. The only thing such a ludicrous statement deserves is:

How dare there be people who like the Alliance! This is supposed to be a one faction game!

Meme harder.
    No. Those leaders died because of alliance bias. Blizzard hates the Horde and wanted to make sure alliance players can feel good about themselves when they can put filthy Horde scum down. That is how the lore is written. Just because you are in denial about your prviiliges doesn't mean it isn't true. Blue players are the reason why the game is bad.