Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

What if the Horde quests were written like Alliance quests ?

That way, the massacre of native populations wouldn't look so dramatic and we wouldn't make such a fuss about it. It'd be considered a mild inconvenience at best.

There's a lot of reasons to kill people, for example they spoil the fishing pond you planned to go to once you retire.

There's the classic outsourcing of production. They produce the goods and you pay them in stabbings.

Nature is a wonderful thing, you can use it to justify a specific number of kills !

But in all honesty this isn't really new. Most quests regarding quillboars and centaurs are about killing your pesky neighbors. And if the quest giver is a goblin or an undead, there's a good chance you'll be tasked with organ harvesting or redistribution of resources.

(Characters name are not mine, I just took screens from a variety of walk-through videos)

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    They already treat it as a mild inconvenience.

The Thistlefur furbolgs are threatening our expansion! Thistlefur Village to our west blocks the way between us here and the Splintertree Post. It's a path that would circumvent the village of Astranaar; without it, we give the Alliance an extra expansion path.

<name>, we must not allow... an expansion path gap!

Proceed to Thistlefur Village and thin out the furbolgs. You will be given compensation for this task, but more importantly you will be doing your duty for the Horde!
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Bet...d_a_Thistlefur
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

You no take moon candle!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

If Horde quests were written like Alliance Quests:
    • They would acknowledge the Alliance's history of pushing the Horde races off their land.
    • They would throw in some reference to Alliance culture being "disgusting" or how they want to convert them to their way of life & frame that as a good thing.
    • Alliance races harnessing the power of Light & Nature would be portrayed as unnatural. For example, night elves living forever & bending nature to their will as a perversion.

3+ Year Old Account
    isn't there an Alliance quest where you wipe out an entire ethnic frost troll population in Khaz Modan?
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    isn't there an Alliance quest where you wipe out an entire ethnic frost troll population in Khaz Modan?
    Do you mean the one killing teens?

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/The_Troll_Menace

We just need reason to genoside. And with the REASON - its totally fine to murder all population with teens, burning houses and killing innocents.
    Or start a war to ensure some old right to land that you dont have. Its ok, if you are at the right side of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    there is an entire stormwind quest where you make a cook recipe out of refugees murlocs because they are trying to survive in a lake
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

10+ Year Old Account
    Still wouldn't make the Alliance more interesting.

Murlocs, Kobolds, and Quilboars are inferior and savage creatures who clearly lack sophisticated brains. There's a reason why no one cares about these monster races nor feels sorry for them. Killing them isn't "murder", it's "hunting". They are beasts who cannot be compared to elves, humans, dwarves, or even orcs.

If Horde quests were written like Alliance quests, you can kiss goodbye to all the choices Horde players were given throughout BfA.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-06-09 at 09:30 PM.

If positions switch our leaders might stay alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    If positions switch our leaders might stay alive.
    Instead you start permantly losing cities and lose every battle just to be told you win at the end because the bad person died.

Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    Instead you start permantly losing cities and lose every battle just to be told you win at the end because the bad person died.
    places can be taken back. Characters stay dead. That is the difference here.

"Can", yes. But they never will. You just get a throwaway tweet or sentence in a book that you won, but it will never be shown in the game. The game will only show you that you either lost or managed to be 50/50. Cata really had a hate boner for alliance questing. You nearly never win anything important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Teldrassil and Theramore aren’t coming back. In BfA beta they were also planning to flood Boralus.

If the script were flipped Horde leaders would become neutral, questlines would remain incomplete or become comedic, Horde would lose any sense of victory. Horde would gain closure amongst its characters, build relationships with world and interplanetary factions, gain popular and respected villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Teldrassil and Theramore aren’t coming back. In BfA beta they were also planning to flood Boralus.

If the script were flipped Horde leaders would become neutral, questlines would remain incomplete or become comedic, Horde would lose any sense of victory. Horde would gain closure amongst its characters, build relationships with world and interplanetary factions, gain popular and respected villains.
    You forgot that they would have a massive amount of tech that they are never allowed to use because its OP, so they fall back to guns and swords.

“Place can be taken back” and yet Alliance only took back Darkshore and Arathi, but one is a posioned wasteland according to lore and nothing can live there, and another remains as “relevant” as paint drying on a wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancaris View Post
    We just need reason to genoside. And with the REASON - its totally fine to murder all population with teens, burning houses and killing innocents.
    Or start a war to ensure some old right to land that you dont have. Its ok, if you are at the right side of story.
    They wanted to have elf-kebab?

Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    They wanted to have elf-kebab?
    I mean fox-tacco or troll-beef.

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    “Place can be taken back” and yet Alliance only took back Darkshore and Arathi, but one is a posioned wasteland according to lore and nothing can live there, and another remains as “relevant” as paint drying on a wall.
    I am willing to lose Orgrimmar if it means we get or lore characters and leaders back. I have no physical attachment to any of the Kalimdor Horde settlements.