Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
  1. #181
    The realization that if it does not come in 11.0 probably will never happen is depressing.

    Most expansions, while cool, don't bring much regarding core Azeroth racial development, lore, environment, and culture. However, they do all this work, every new expansion, for fresher non-playable races that nobody will give a shit about in a couple of months.

    I think it's not good for the game that the races and cultures we're more invested in are so far behind the new stuff. It's depressing to see new players pushed into new expansion content (BFA rn) instead of something meant to be the core and foundation of the franchise.

    The Vanilla/Classic experience portrays this franchise exceptionally well, but that experience has been abandoned/forgotten in Retail.

    If they don't make a World Revamp then I'll join the WoW2 crowd since it'll be the only way to get updated Azeroth.
    Back to Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms!

  2. #182
    Blizzard don't need to do this because they know they can bait the same audience with xmogs and few useless stuff to get them to sub

  3. #183
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Says who? That implies the writing team and devs would change. I ask again - what can they do with WoW 2.0 that they cant do with an expansion? You failed horribly to answer that question.
    In my rewrite Varian is still a racist twit, Thrall is "peace-chief" while Garrosh is "war-chief," that ridiculous"cosmic chart never existed because magic won't be so...categorized and labeled, Teldrassil never burned, Sylvanas gets the fate she deserves at the hands of the Lich King, making her a martyr to the Forsaken,
    Orcs, Ogres, and goblins make up the original horde. Humans, dwarves, and gnomes make up the original alliance. Night elves, Tauren, (and others TBD) have their own faction. The Tauren will be as massive a force as Nightelf as they'll have among their own alliance the Yaungol, Taunka, and High Mountain Tauren...and they'll be neutral to the horde/alliance conflict.

    This is all a wip and the beginning. In my rewrite, I have the "good" faction, (Horde or Alliance), and a "neutral" faction, (referred to as "independent factions") Ive been playing with an idea of an "evil" faction. A faction (or factions) that you the player would choose at the start. And unknown to all throughout the game until the right expansion comes along.

    Classes change and back to basics to trace out making coherent consistent sense of the races/classes. Some things would be outright banned...such as a night elf Warlock. Other pairings might be considered exceptions, but only when it makes sense. And for that to occur the game itself would need a flexibility that doesn't exist regarding specs. A Tauren Rogue will never be "subtle" or an "assassin." But an "outlaw?" Doable, but the other two specs would have to fit. Perhaps the hunter's "marksmanship" and "survival" or the warrior's "arms" and "protection."

    And that's all I've time for...

  4. #184
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    In my rewrite Varian is still a racist twit, Thrall is "peace-chief" while Garrosh is "war-chief," that ridiculous"cosmic chart never existed because magic won't be so...categorized and labeled, Teldrassil never burned, Sylvanas gets the fate she deserves at the hands of the Lich King, making her a martyr to the Forsaken,
    Orcs, Ogres, and goblins make up the original horde. Humans, dwarves, and gnomes make up the original alliance. Night elves, Tauren, (and others TBD) have their own faction. The Tauren will be as massive a force as Nightelf as they'll have among their own alliance the Yaungol, Taunka, and High Mountain Tauren...and they'll be neutral to the horde/alliance conflict.

    This is all a wip and the beginning. In my rewrite, I have the "good" faction, (Horde or Alliance), and a "neutral" faction, (referred to as "independent factions") Ive been playing with an idea of an "evil" faction. A faction (or factions) that you the player would choose at the start. And unknown to all throughout the game until the right expansion comes along.

    Classes change and back to basics to trace out making coherent consistent sense of the races/classes. Some things would be outright banned...such as a night elf Warlock. Other pairings might be considered exceptions, but only when it makes sense. And for that to occur the game itself would need a flexibility that doesn't exist regarding specs. A Tauren Rogue will never be "subtle" or an "assassin." But an "outlaw?" Doable, but the other two specs would have to fit. Perhaps the hunter's "marksmanship" and "survival" or the warrior's "arms" and "protection."

    And that's all I've time for...
    But my question was whats stopping them making it an expansion? We have gone to alternate realities / time lines, outer space, etc - i see no reason they cant do all the things you said in an expansion. It carries the same risk - unless they rebrand "retail" to ALL be included in classic, and create a variety of options for that, and THEN launch WoW2, but i still say - "why?"

  5. #185
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    But my question was whats stopping them making it an expansion? We have gone to alternate realities / time lines, outer space, etc - i see no reason they cant do all the things you said in an expansion.
    Because that earlier shit was just that; shit.

    None of that...no making dumbass expansions that are just glorified "what if" statements. The lore should never have become a Marvel comic gimmick.

    Imo, Iain had a good idea here;
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    I want to see 'mini-races' who are their own faction. They'll be attacked (and killed) on sight by any Horde and Alliance guards, they have their own system where they carry out objectives and gather resources throughout the world which they can then trade with through neutral factions.

    Just a way to populate the world again with players who have to survive in this highly hostile place and obtain highly exclusive achievement and items for their mains that way.

    Murlocs, Virmen, Kobolds and Quilboars would be a perfect first batch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    Yes exactly. The player enters the same world they've been conquering for decades, and experience it through the eyes of the underdog again.

  6. #186
    Quote Originally Posted by Koollan View Post
    You work at Blizzard, I assume? Is this an official statement?
    Yes, in that case I do. People were predicting / expecting a world revamp...

    ... for Legion
    ... for BfA
    ... for Shadowlands
    ... for Dragonflight

    There's a certain amount of people that is regurgitating this world revamp nonsense since almost a decade and each and every time there is "evidence" that it's definitely going to happen now.

    It's not. Move on. A world revamp is not worth the effort (don't get me wrong, I would love another revamp, but I'm realistic and pragmatic).
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  7. #187
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Location
    Somewhere with trees
    Posts
    298
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Yes, in that case I do. People were predicting / expecting a world revamp...

    ... for Legion
    ... for BfA
    ... for Shadowlands
    ... for Dragonflight

    There's a certain amount of people that is regurgitating this world revamp nonsense since almost a decade and each and every time there is "evidence" that it's definitely going to happen now.

    It's not. Move on. A world revamp is not worth the effort (don't get me wrong, I would love another revamp, but I'm realistic and pragmatic).
    Realistcally, there was no time before DF that made sense for any world revamp (other than, let's say, BfA - which was partially a world revamp).

    There simply was not. Knowingly, Blizzard can only handcraft 4 to 5 zones for each expansion - 6 in BfA, 8 if you count Arathi and Darkshore. Making zones from scratch takes much more effort and time than revamping and updating old zones, from Blizzard's own admittance - but entire continents at a time is a long ask.

    Point being - if there was any time to begin reworking the zones of Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms, one at a time, very sequentially, perhaps starting with a core 4 zones like any other expansion - now is the time. The iron is hot. The game itself has just been revamped. The world content has been reworked. The last thing to revamp is the world. There has been no other time that made sense for it besides now, when DF is 'going back to Azeroth', and Blizzard states that they're back for a good while.

    It made no sense for Legion. It made only a bit of sense for BfA. It made no sense for Shadowlands. It made no sense for Dragonflight - though with Dragonflights' setup and promises, then 11.0 will either be a revamp of a few choice zones, or the continents will never see a rework ever again. The game will die before Blizzard entertains it in that world. But the revamp is the most commonsense path forward from here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Dude A: "lol well if you weren't such a Blizzard Shill™ you'd believe my source!"
    Dude B: ::posts the Webster Dictionary definition of the word 'objective' followed by a 700-word essay about how the WoW community is doomed::
    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPrincess View Post
    shut up idiot

  8. #188
    This (OP's post) is a good impartial post that has been pretty well thought out.

    I think a revamp of sorts would be good or some sort of Chromie time back to vanilla if even possible.

    The Cata revamp has now been in place longer than the original zones were now and really do seem janky and dated. I imagine they regret a lot of the cosmetic changes they made in a lot of zones (Or at least I regret on their behalf).

    Admittedly I don't have a lot of answers beyond what OP suggests in effort to rectify some of the mess.
    Last edited by Beasty; 2023-01-10 at 02:59 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •