Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ...
19
27
28
29
30
LastLast
  1. #561
    MTX for cosmetics only is fine but once it dips into P2W like diablo 3 was with the auction house or the disastrous diablo immortal then its a big problem.

  2. #562
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    MTX for cosmetics only is fine but once it dips into P2W like diablo 3 was with the auction house or the disastrous diablo immortal then its a big problem.
    And if that happens, we will and SHOULD riot.

    I personally don't expect it to ever happen. I do expect them to sell expansions and classes, and maybe convenience like stash space etc. But nothing that directly increases power, pretty much ever. But of course I've been wrong before, so I guess we just stay vigilant.

  3. #563
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    You will be able to use real world currency to increase your characters level. It doesn't matter how much they try to word around the goddam thing, there will be P2W to some extent in Diablo IV, even if post launch.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Same company, PR comes from Blizzard, how can you be so naive after being repeatedly fucked in the ass by a company that only wants your money?
    no you wont

  4. #564
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    Same company, PR comes from Blizzard, how can you be so naive after being repeatedly fucked in the ass by a company that only wants your money?
    PR doesn't lead those blog posts, and different games/platforms. Mobile monetization and monetization on PC/console games are usually dramatically different outside fringe cases like Genshin Impact.

    Sure there's still a chance they'll sell some bullshit power, but I'm fairly skeptical they will given the changes to OW2 monetization (no lockboxes, even) and the backlash from the core-Diablo crowd on D:I monetization. Yeah, it's making money hand over fist for them but it's making that from mostly mobile gamers, not core PC/console games playing and spending big on mobile.

  5. #565
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    And if that happens, we will and SHOULD riot.

    I personally don't expect it to ever happen. I do expect them to sell expansions and classes, and maybe convenience like stash space etc. But nothing that directly increases power, pretty much ever. But of course I've been wrong before, so I guess we just stay vigilant.
    As long as they have whales to spend thousands of dollars for virtual items then companies will continue to do this.

  6. #566
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    As long as they have whales to spend thousands of dollars for virtual items then companies will continue to do this.
    Well, it's not just that.

    The whales are one thing - but they alone don't prop up a game. Small people have power, too, if they all exercise it together. Don't give companies money for products you don't like or don't agree with. That's the only way, really, to be a responsible consumer.

    Will that always change the thing you want changed? Hell no. But in the long run, it's really all we can do.

  7. #567
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Well, it's not just that.

    The whales are one thing - but they alone don't prop up a game. Small people have power, too, if they all exercise it together. Don't give companies money for products you don't like or don't agree with. That's the only way, really, to be a responsible consumer.

    Will that always change the thing you want changed? Hell no. But in the long run, it's really all we can do.
    AS long as they can make their quota and earn a big revenue from the product while appeasing the shareholders could give a rats ass about anything else. In my opinion I find its how much they can milk their consumer base for a quick buck then they throw a bit of red meat to players and try to shrug it off.

  8. #568
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    AS long as they can make their quota and earn a big revenue from the product while appeasing the shareholders could give a rats ass about anything else. In my opinion I find its how much they can milk their consumer base for a quick buck then they throw a bit of red meat to players and try to shrug it off.
    But that only works because people allow it.

    Most of these games could not function if ALL there was were the whales. Whales need the little people, to impress them, to roflstomp them, whatever. If those people weren't buying into it (metaphorically if not literally) then the system wouldn't work.

  9. #569
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    You will be able to use real world currency to increase your characters level. It doesn't matter how much they try to word around the goddam thing, there will be P2W to some extent in Diablo IV, even if post launch.
    What's your source on the bolded portion? The only thing in the quarterly update about character level were experience boosts as part of the free Season Pass that all players gain access to for participating in the season (and is designed to make alts easier to level once a character has engaged in the season). The paid portion of the season pass doesn't contain the boosts.

  10. #570
    Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    What's your source on the bolded portion? The only thing in the quarterly update about character level were experience boosts as part of the free Season Pass that all players gain access to for participating in the season (and is designed to make alts easier to level once a character has engaged in the season). The paid portion of the season pass doesn't contain the boosts.
    Probably nothing, they specifically said no gameplay advantage, which level gains heavily falls into. Although it was on the seasons part I think so who knows what the non-season looks like. I don't really want to draw conclusions that they don't have any advantage for players with swiping abilities, but I also am in the camp of wait and see. We will probably see the whole store previewed before launch so I can make my purchace decision when they do that.

  11. #571
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Probably nothing, they specifically said no gameplay advantage, which level gains heavily falls into. Although it was on the seasons part I think so who knows what the non-season looks like. I don't really want to draw conclusions that they don't have any advantage for players with swiping abilities, but I also am in the camp of wait and see. We will probably see the whole store previewed before launch so I can make my purchace decision when they do that.
    I'll be very interested to see how the seasons work, because in D3 seasons were like PoE leagues, you needed a new character and had to level from scratch. It sounds like, in D4, they're going to be more like a Fortnite Season, where you still use your existing character, but there's a new battle pass to work through? I might be getting confused though, I haven't done a deep dive.

  12. #572
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    I'll be very interested to see how the seasons work, because in D3 seasons were like PoE leagues, you needed a new character and had to level from scratch. It sounds like, in D4, they're going to be more like a Fortnite Season, where you still use your existing character, but there's a new battle pass to work through? I might be getting confused though, I haven't done a deep dive.
    They did say fresh, so I would think much like D3 seasons.

  13. #573
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    I'll be very interested to see how the seasons work, because in D3 seasons were like PoE leagues, you needed a new character and had to level from scratch. It sounds like, in D4, they're going to be more like a Fortnite Season, where you still use your existing character, but there's a new battle pass to work through? I might be getting confused though, I haven't done a deep dive.
    im sure seasons will work exactly like d3 and poe. otherwise there is little point of them in an arpg

  14. #574
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    I don't mind monetization as long as it's not intrusive to the enjoyment of the game itself. Cosmetics and such are fine, as long as they provide plenty of non-paid cosmetics to obtain. Like what we have in WoW with paid pets and mounts aren't really a problem to me. They could reasonably sell transmogs and I don't think I'd have a big problem with it.

    Season pass though I'm not sure about. Seems like a fairly normal thing today, but I've never been one to 'sub' into a season pass, and I don't think I'd plan to for this either. FOMO sucks.
    Not sure why, but while I don't like shop cosmetics in WoW (probably because not that many chances to get it from content), but I don't care about cosmetics in Diablo at all. So this monetization has literally no downsides for me.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    You will be able to use real world currency to increase your characters level. It doesn't matter how much they try to word around the goddam thing, there will be P2W to some extent in Diablo IV, even if post launch.
    Is that a statement or a guess? They explicitly said that level boost comes from FREE battle pass.

  15. #575
    New meaning to P2W...

    P2W = Play 2 Win
    "Uh huh. So destroying southshore is meh, but camp cow is so important that you have to destroy a port city?" - Sunlily

    FOR THE DARK ORDER!

  16. #576
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    You will be able to use real world currency to increase your characters level. It doesn't matter how much they try to word around the goddam thing, there will be P2W to some extent in Diablo IV, even if post launch.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Same company, PR comes from Blizzard, how can you be so naive after being repeatedly fucked in the ass by a company that only wants your money?
    Care to cite the source that says you will be able to raise you characters level with money? Because it doesn't. If your hate biner lasts for more than 4 hours, you should call a doctor.

    I dunno, because the D4 team has had the same no power, cosmetic only MTX stance since 2019. They have gone out if their way to state they know the difference between PC/console and mobile audiences citing the former won't put up with P2W.

    I haven't been fucked in the ass by Blizzard. I played DI for free for the first month, had fun, grew tired of it with nothing really new added since. But the game is good for a mobile game. Not sure what else you could mean, WoWs been good to me as a raider, HS is good, D3 is still fun when seasons start.

    Also, all companies only want your money.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    I'll be very interested to see how the seasons work, because in D3 seasons were like PoE leagues, you needed a new character and had to level from scratch. It sounds like, in D4, they're going to be more like a Fortnite Season, where you still use your existing character, but there's a new battle pass to work through? I might be getting confused though, I haven't done a deep dive.
    I would be surprised if rebirths were not included.

  17. #577
    Well last d4 update was pretty clear and straightforward about the monetization, mtx nature and season passes.

    Plus we got confirmation that you cannot sell cosmetics for ingame currency or items, so no p2w loop like lost ark with its skins.

    I don't think they're going to straight out lie after this. The backlash would be immense and basically kill the whole franchise.

    EDIT: we can discuss about a paid game having mtx, but i played Division 2 and it had the same exact model and it was perfectly fine. Just hope the season passes are something you can do easily if you farm for them or passively doing your season journey etc. I don't want them something that k have to constantly log in and jave to play at keast X time because i simply don't have that kind of time. I have random free time and i want to use it smart, not just grind.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2022-08-28 at 07:11 PM.
    You tried, and you failed. What have you learned? That's better not to try at all.

  18. #578
    Scarab Lord Nymrohd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    4,434
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I don't want them something that k have to constantly log in and jave to play at keast X time because i simply don't have that kind of time. I have random free time and i want to use it smart, not just grind.
    This, so much. Personally I do not mind something where I have to log like once a week. I might miss a couple of weeks a year because of vacations but that's acceptable. But if you make me log in daily like WoW does (or Diablo Immortal does) that is a recipe for burnout.

  19. #579
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Well last d4 update was pretty clear and straightforward about the monetization, mtx nature and season passes.

    Plus we got confirmation that you cannot sell cosmetics for ingame currency or items, so no p2w loop like lost ark with its skins.

    I don't think they're going to straight out lie after this. The backlash would be immense and basically kill the whole franchise.

    EDIT: we can discuss about a paid game having mtx, but i played Division 2 and it had the same exact model and it was perfectly fine. Just hope the season passes are something you can do easily if you farm for them or passively doing your season journey etc. I don't want them something that k have to constantly log in and jave to play at keast X time because i simply don't have that kind of time. I have random free time and i want to use it smart, not just grind.
    Even in DI, the battle pass is something you can reach the level 40 soft cap for the cosmetic rewards easily in a couple of weeks. With seasons lasting 3-4 months in D4, unless you pay for the enhanced season pass and only play a few hours during the season, I have a hard time believing it will be something hard to do unless you play religiously.

  20. #580
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Even in DI, the battle pass is something you can reach the level 40 soft cap for the cosmetic rewards easily in a couple of weeks. With seasons lasting 3-4 months in D4, unless you pay for the enhanced season pass and only play a few hours during the season, I have a hard time believing it will be something hard to do unless you play religiously.
    I am not really trusting blizzard on this because their record linda points towards the other side of the spectrum. I don't want them to get inspiration from PoE season challenges where it gets to the point of "kill this endgame boss 100 times".

    Hopefully i'm wrong here.
    You tried, and you failed. What have you learned? That's better not to try at all.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •