Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Poe microtransactions don't include gear/power ups. Basing on Diablo: Immortal we can safely assume that D4 will have power ups available in shop.
    That's a false connection tbh. Diablo: Immortal follows the trend of similar mobile games.
    None of blizzards AAA games are doing so. It's a safer assumption that D4 will follow the trend of their other similar games since if D4 follows mtx in the same way mobile games do that would be their first AAA game doing so. Breaking the pattern.

Anything is possible ofc.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

15+ Year Old Account
    Diablo Immortal is a pretty great game, promising for D4.
    If you look trough the monetization, its pretty playable without using it.
    I hope D4 will only have cosmetics, but i have a hard feeling about that.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Poe microtransactions don't include gear/power ups. Basing on Diablo: Immortal we can safely assume that D4 will have power ups available in shop.
    Not to defend DI but I highly highly doubt Diablo 4 will include similar mtx.

Blizz know what Diablo Immortal is supposed to be and if it were for the Diablo branding it would have likely been a King game.

It would be a huge leap for them to drop the DI business model into D4, unless D4 was f2p but that would basically torpedo the franchise which is equally unwise seeing as release dates for real Diablo games are billiondollar paydays for blizz on release. And if they actually support the game with expansions and content they'll make just as good if not better money. Even from the cynical "making money" point of view it would be a bad idea.

d4 should have micros or it will become a dead game like d3 with no updates and a dead playerbase. does anyone get hyped for d3 season 54 where you get geared in 2 days and quit?

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    That's a false connection tbh. Diablo: Immortal follows the trend of similar mobile games.
    None of blizzards AAA games are doing so. It's a safer assumption that D4 will follow the trend of their other similar games since if D4 follows mtx in the same way mobile games do that would be their first AAA game doing so. Breaking the pattern.

Anything is possible ofc.
    I'm more likely connecting Diablo with Diablo but as you've said yourself: anything is possible. Thought right now I'm not optimistic about possible D4 revenue sources.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    d4 should have micros or it will become a dead game like d3 with no updates and a dead playerbase. does anyone get hyped for d3 season 54 where you get geared in 2 days and quit?
    If these mtx will be skins alone, I'm fine with it.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Not to defend DI but I highly highly doubt Diablo 4 will include similar mtx.

Blizz know what Diablo Immortal is supposed to be and if it were for the Diablo branding it would have likely been a King game.

It would be a huge leap for them to drop the DI business model into D4, unless D4 was f2p but that would basically torpedo the franchise which is equally unwise seeing as release dates for real Diablo games are billiondollar paydays for blizz on release. And if they actually support the game with expansions and content they'll make just as good if not better money. Even from the cynical "making money" point of view it would be a bad idea.
    I really hope you're right.
    Last edited by Vasilisa; 2022-06-10 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    Playable, sure I suppose. But progressing crashes to a halt. North of 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    And where is the problem?^^ Modern games usually have some kind of microtransactions anyways.
    I do love the mindset of "Well we're already f'd, what does it matter if we get more f'd" put simply; your response is moronic. Microtransactions have 0 benefit to gamers and only benefit shareholders. By every reasonable account, microtransactions make the gaming experience worse en masse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scathan View Post
    Why would you base d4 in diablo immortal? Why can you assume that?
    So we're assuming blizzard is now going to do the *right* thing? omegalawl

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fitsu View Post
    Good. I don't expect my games to provide consistent content updates without some form of consistent moneitsation and I don't understand why people do. Most games you pay box price for are single player experience that you play for 50 - 130 hours and your done. Games over. Some form of subscription or microtransactions is the standard if you want a developer to keep adding content to the game, keep it alive for years to come, be something worth putting thousands of hours in. Your getting 10x more than you do out of those other games, why would that be free?
    Oh yea? Lot of updates to diablo 3 are there? 1 expansion and then rifts for how many years now?

Witcher 3 says Hi! Gave away how many dlc's for free again? And the important part here is; nobody said don't charge for DLC. Stop assuming.

15+ Year Old Account
    Playable, sure I suppose. But progressing crashes to a halt. North of 50.
    Dunno im paragon 12 rn with close to 1k cr. Love all the daily stuff there is to do.
    And when you are out of dailies, grind mobs/bosses/dungeons. You can just keep on going.
    For a mobile game pretty awesome. I can now lay on the couch and grind.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Every game that is coming out will have some sort of menetiziation. Better just get used to it. That is the only reason they release games after all, to make money. Its a product, nothing more. Passion for gamemaking is long gone.

That being said. Diablo immortal is a mobile game, made in large by a company who are known to make mobile games, Netease. Them having the insane p2w bullshit in D:I will have no impact on d4. Blizzard know the pc market is not going to accept the bullshit happening on the phone market. Releasing immortal on pc was a huge mistake because now people are complaining like shit that they HAVE to spend 110k to max out. Guess what, you aren't supposed to max out in Immortal. You are supposed to play the game and whatever bonuses you get, is just that! A bonus. And knowing that spending money could get you another bonus, is exactly how they designed it. Its a carrot on a stick so you keep buying shit. You can't do that if you max out your character. You were never supposed to and you will never do

I think the shop and the p2w crap in immortal is absolutely dogshit, but i am not a phone "gamer" so its rather simple to just ignore it and move on. The game was not made for me, or most of us realy, Its made for the asian phone market where it sells like hot shit. I have no fear what so ever that any of this will come to D4. What we gonna get is probably mounts, frames, dyes etc. Purely cosmetic shit.
    Worst shit they might add in the store is extra stash space. Just like POE which basically forces you to spend money on storage to deal with the overwhelming amounts of shit they throw after you

I don't have a problem with it, as long as it is not pay to win horror like a mobile game. Cosmetic only.

That said, I don't trust this company to make a good game anymore, so I'm not that excited.

And where is the problem?^^ Modern games usually have some kind of microtransactions anyways.
    Is this a Troll Question? You pay Money for the Game and if you wanna have this Mount, This Set, This Pet or whatever you have to pay extra 10-30$ each time...

The Problem are people like you.

Hah, how long have you been playing? Under 40 hours I bet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    Is this a Troll Question? You pay Money for the Game and if you wanna have this Mount, This Set, This Pet or whatever you have to pay extra 10-30$ each time...

The Problem are people like you.
    Nothing wrong with premium products, especially if they are cosmetics.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Hah, how long have you been playing? Under 40 hours I bet.
    Hihi yo man

Nothing wrong with premium products, especially if they are cosmetics.
    People like u are the reason why games these days are just cashgrabs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    Never heard off this or the first but after watching the trailer for POE 2, holy shit... Wow
    Is it worth playing the first one now or just wait?
    Current PoE can be fun up to a point. There are some serious QoL things in PoE 2 that are game-changing improvements to PoE (for instance, sockets on gems instead of on gear).

Considering PoE is f2p, there's no harm in checking it out.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    Games have their time and then they should be replaced. Maybe we should get D5 in a reasonable time, instead of having to play the same crappy game for 10 years and the franchise will stay healthy. This is exactly what most other developers do. Honestly, with how little Blizzard changes their games and with the low quality lately and the large number of employees, it should not take 10+ years for them to make a sequel. We should not be stuck playing the same crappy game for 10 years, which is a variation on the same game that came before it. If we didn't have to wait a decade+ then maybe the game could stay healthy without mtx.

They just want to get that money out of their work on Diablo III which released in May 15th, 2012. If they weren't wringing every penny out of Diablo 3, maybe we would have Diablo 4 by now. Their long delay between games is certainly no excuse for them to add mtx. That is just compounding the problem.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2022-06-10 at 03:11 PM.

Dunno im paragon 12 rn with close to 1k cr. Love all the daily stuff there is to do.
    And when you are out of dailies, grind mobs/bosses/dungeons. You can just keep on going.
    For a mobile game pretty awesome. I can now lay on the couch and grind.
    I agree, you can just play the game. Nothing stops you from that.
    But to play in any kind of competitive manner, and I mean that in the leaderboard lowest common denominator kind of way, it's simply impossible to compete. You can still play though, I'm not denying that, but you'll never be near par, and knowing Blizz gamers that will mean less access to party content at some point.

We already knew that it would have an MTX Shop. It's supposed to be only cosmetic things.

7+ Year Old Account
    I agree, you can just play the game. Nothing stops you from that.
    But to play in any kind of competitive manner, and I mean that in the leaderboard lowest common denominator kind of way, it's simply impossible to compete. You can still play though, I'm not denying that, but you'll never be near par, and knowing Blizz gamers that will mean less access to party content at some point.
    Maybe you should play a game because it's fun, not because of some imaginary rankings?^^

#TEAMGIRAFFE