Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    If you don't see the problem you are part of it.
    Accepting reality is just as much of a problem. Maybe more so.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    If you don't see the problem you are part of it.
    PoE has huge shop with MTX and the prices are very high. Not to mention all those premium stash tabs that are so important (like currency tab or map tab) QoL that I don't see myself playing without them. I'm aware its f2p game but the price for all those tabs already surpased b2p ARPGs by alot.

But for some reason I don't see people flooding this forum with complains, why? Because it's not Blizzard?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind if it will purely be convenience and cosmetics only. I already accepted that games moved in that direction.

I do hope there will be 0 power to have from $$ and most certainly not the BS that Diablo Immoral is, which really pushes the envelope there.

It's 2022 and people still surprised by microtransactions in a game. This is capitalism in purest form. If you want change it's not just not buying things, it's voting in people that twill change laws.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    PoE has huge shop with MTX and the prices are very high. Not to mention all those premium stash tabs that are so important (like currency tab or map tab) QoL that I don't see myself playing without them. I'm aware its f2p game but the price for all those tabs already surpased b2p ARPGs by alot.

But for some reason I don't see people flooding this forum with complains, why? Because it's not Blizzard?
    Because it is F2P people are willing to excuse anything as long as it is not power. PoE might be the only game where I have an issue with cosmetic in shop, solely because all of the regular gear in game looks like absolute dog water. The only way to look even remotely good in that game is to pay, Also people forget it is own by Tencent pretty frequently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will probably use microtransactions combined with seasonal FOMO & also some sort of "ladder pass" or "season pass".

That's why they're using multiplayer so heavily - they'll probably ristrict access to areas / bosses / loot if your ilvl or whatever is not high enough.

I guarantee you that's a 100% for cosmetics and what to do for expansions.

There will be no way to boost your character via real world money in any shape or form.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by sunxsera View Post
    they'll probably ristrict access to areas / bosses / loot if your ilvl or whatever is not high enough.
    Which is absolutely fine - so long as player power can ONLY be gained by playing the game. It becomes a problem when content is gated behind ilvl restrictions when you purchase player power with $$$. I dont mind heroic dungeons having a "you need XYZ ilvl before queuing for this content" because it protects other players in the group from ending up carrying someone who really isnt able to help much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I guarantee you that's a 100% for cosmetics and what to do for expansions.

There will be no way to boost your character via real world money in any shape or form.
    What gives you that confidence? The last 2 Diablo games (outside of D2R) had P2W at launch. I genuinely think and hope this is the case, as you say, but i have little to no confidence thats how it will turn out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Not really off the topic: Overwatch 2 will be free-to-play. They're going all in.
    They'll be "all in" when WoW is F2P.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    They're both (technically) PC games, they're both Diablo, and when DI has massive monetary success, why wouldn't they have D4 copy it? It's only logical from their perspective.
    What's more logical? Selling 7 million 60 bucks games with no P2W or sell half a million 60 bucks games and hoping the whales will carry it? If there's even a sniff of P2W then no one will buy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Not only will it have microtransactions, it'll have P2W. You folks deserve every bit of it lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post

This. POE is great, and has a mostly fair MTX system. Bank tabs become essential but are thankfully a one time purchase and are reasonably priced.

Thier cosmetics are freaking CRAZY priced. Want a new shield skin? $12. Want an entire matching armor set? About half cost $40 and the other half cost $80.
    Butterfly wings? $64
    A cape? $22

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    If there's even a sniff of P2W then no one will buy it.
    Don't think how someone can say it with a straight face in 2k22.

Don't worry, if ActiBlizz knows anything - it's how to get them sweet greens. They don't need some ballpark anecdotal numbers.

Long as I'm not forced into groups like DI I don't care.. its 2022 cames are going to have MTX for cosmetics, at some point after release probably level boost. honesty neither bothers me at all. Long as they don't sell gear with stats, or extra dungeon resets. Hell from this thread PoE would annoy me more having to buy QoL things it seems like, its been ages since i tried PoE though.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Which is absolutely fine - so long as player power can ONLY be gained by playing the game. It becomes a problem when content is gated behind ilvl restrictions when you purchase player power with $$$. I dont mind heroic dungeons having a "you need XYZ ilvl before queuing for this content" because it protects other players in the group from ending up carrying someone who really isnt able to help much.

- - - Updated - - -

What gives you that confidence? The last 2 Diablo games (outside of D2R) had P2W at launch. I genuinely think and hope this is the case, as you say, but i have little to no confidence thats how it will turn out.
    Well you need to get more confidence because it's a Microsoft's property now. Since it's a full price game you're not gonna see any type of type of boosts only cosmetic.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Well you need to get more confidence because it's a Microsoft's property now.
    No, not yet.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Flame6 View Post
    This. POE is great, and has a mostly fair MTX system. Bank tabs become essential but are thankfully a one time purchase and are reasonably priced.

Thier cosmetics are freaking CRAZY priced. Want a new shield skin? $12. Want an entire matching armor set? About half cost $40 and the other half cost $80.
    Butterfly wings? $64
    A cape? $22
    But it's not a Blizzard game, so it automatically gets a free pass. You could be required to give a pint of blood every time you load up PoE and people here would get on their knees for it. Same with any other non-Blizzard game.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    But it's not a Blizzard game, so it automatically gets a free pass. You could be required to give a pint of blood every time you load up PoE and people here would get on their knees for it. Same with any other non-Blizzard game.
    Yeah, cos this is ONLY a Blizzard thing - no one says anything about Lost Ark, or Battlefront, or any EA game EVER - nothing but love!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    No, not yet.
    It will be by release. Plus it was already confirmed cosmetics only.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

I'm fine with cosmetic stuff, but if they sell power/become p2w... lol