Poll: Will you play Season 4 if it is free to play

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    If the game is free to play for season 4 only, will it be a good opportunity for you to come back or get invested in its content?
    Every one knows that going from sub to Free to Play, is the equivalent of a life support system.

Yes, the game is still running, but it is the last step before closing down servers.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

No it is still not worth playing if free.

Costs are not the issue. Content, story, class balance all suck.

While i agree with you and the logic you have is pretty solid (and i do love WoW) i still think it's kind of outrageous. WoW is not the water company or my phone bill. The most i understand is Netflix/HBO/Game Pass. WoW in 2022? Nope. I did buy the monthly subscription almost every single month, so my math is not exactly wrong. It is a lot of money for one single game. I still play Warcraft 3 and Red Alert 2 from like 20 years ago, without spending a dollar more. I'm super used to buying game and never having to spend money on them again. That is what gaming is for me. Buy/play and forget. No obligations like in WoW... Anyways, The reason why i don't count more than 10 years is because i also had a few mini-breaks like most other WoW fans. I should probably increase the price number.

They did a great job with the game, but many people did quit because of the price reason. The more people quit, the less reason i had to stay too (its an MMO, i need the friends or why bother staying)

Btw, the mini golf thing here is like $3, going to eat in a good restaurant is around $10-15 and the cinema is around $3.50.

I guess it all depends on your location. Entertainment can be very cheap here, and if i want to just focus on gaming as a hobby, that's even cheaper. I already play a few other games quite a bit and for a long time as i said. Spending $60 for a game that i play over 6 years sounds like a good deal to me.

Not to mention Guild Wars 2 and the many other awesome games like it. Heck, Dota 2 hooked me again lol. If i had the option to play WoW for free, id be down with it. Heck, i might even spend money on microtransactions. The monthly thing is over for me. Why else private servers are a thing? I got friends in soo many of them. Shame, cus its dividing my friends between different WoWs. Playing from 0 and losing 15 years of progress is just not for me tho, so s-crew those free WoWs.

Cost has never been a consideration for whether I play or not. MMO subs were $15 in the 90s when gas was less than a $1!

Gaming in general is a very cheap hobby, probably to the detriment of developers.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I'd rather not see it go free2play. The term worries me in general as it also invites more aggressive store development, as we've seen with other games.

As for the answer, I'm already playing, and therefore, season 4 or not, wouldn't be on my verdict.
    Same here. Them announcing Overwatch 2 is going to be free to play scares the hell out of me when they just released diablo immortal in the state that it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Same here. Them announcing Overwatch 2 is going to be free to play scares the hell out of me when they just released diablo immortal in the state that it is.
    Overwatch is still to show the uglier side. Loot boxes aren't really much issue unless they go deeper. What NetEase did with Diablo Immortal, was disrespectful to the fans, an insult. They were given the chance to work with a legendary IP, and they pissed on it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Free to play is when i will stop playing. The amount of trash people the game would gain if it went free to play, and the design decisions that had to be made to accomodate a free to play game.. Fuck no.

I pay monthly with ingame gold...so idc, right now i'm bored of the game and on top of that there is no news on Alpha or preorder to spice things up so probably when this current month ends i will stop playing...free or not

I would and still plan to but I won't loe the concept of this season 4 comes off as more... beta or "chaos " mode then a content patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Season 4 is a horrible idea and I hope it fails miserably.

I don't want recylced content and the dungeon selection is just awful.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru