Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    >Stickliler

I'm not opposed to LFR but I think it should just offer dungeon tier loot versions tbh.

Wows big player heyday didn't even have LFD, let alone LFR.

At least here players will have higher geared players actively trying to help them gear

Quote Originally Posted by Private Matters View Post
    Yeah this would be a bit of nice nuance if they weren't peeling back content and the employees that could produce them while they continue to get bigger and bigger profit margins
    You realise the WoW team is the largest it has ever been, right? So large that for Dragonflight they made a separate internal team JUST for world content, which was previously done by the Quests team.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kent088 View Post
    Wows big player heyday didn't even have LFD, let alone LFR.
    It also didn't have market saturation, or really any competition at all in either the Social network or MMO space.

At least here players will have higher geared players actively trying to help them gear
    That's a fantasy if ever I've heard one. If higher geared players were willing to help players gear up, they'd already be doing it, so your proposed change would change nothing in that regard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

>Stickiler

WoW did face competition though

And what I meant above is that if a geared player is running for transmog, they are helping players who are gearing by teaming up

>Stickiler

WoW did face competition though

And what I meant above is that if a geared player is running for transmog, they are helping players who are gearing by teaming up
    Looking at the list of MMOs which were out in 2008, it absolutely did not face competition. There's nothing on that list which would actually have drawn players like WoW does.

Why would a geared player take a low geared player, thus making their transmog run slower and potentially wiping them? Far more efficient to just grab other geared players and smash it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

This reads as a Raiders dreamland where everyone who hates raiding gets the shaft. Sure mythic plus ruined my will to put up with others while getting somewhat closer gear slightly weaker but pugging to KSM has been such a breath of fresh air to this game that allowed to me to stop playing sooner and moving onto another game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    The real gem buried in here
    The OG developers were able to put out 2 expansions that pushed the limits of what people thought the sub numbers could be at. They also made those expansions feel like a playground with depth, complexity and social systems that gave me the highest experiences I have ever had in a video game.

Now, the developers are slaves to a creatively dead, cash grab company that is trying to save itself from a looming Microsoft axe. Blizzard will have over 2 and a half years to put out this expansion and it will be dead on arrival.
    Last edited by khazmodan; 2022-06-11 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    Looking at the list of MMOs which were out in 2008, it absolutely did not face competition.
    To be fair, off the top of my head, Warhammer Online, Aion, and Age of Conan all came out in 2008? I could be wrong and happy to be corrected, but im pretty sure they did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by jkq View Post
    you cannot run of out Lore if you are the one creating the Lore
    What I said and mean is - they are off the beaten path - the original source - the Warcraft series.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    The lore today is absolutely abysmally bad. The whole comsic forces nonsense is just that, nonsense.

The game's story was good when it was about the Scourge, demons and the faction conflict. Yeah even then we had Sargeras, as the uber big bad cosmic evil guy, but he was always distant and only indirectly a threat. We had interesting characters and "realistic" conflicts.

Looks like Dragonflight could be a small break from this bad development, but I'm sure the expansion after it will continue the trend of digging themselves ever deeper.
    Just never made much sense that each expansion had to revolve around a big bad that had to be defeated in a final boss fight. It's okay that occasionally an important character slips into the boss grinder but Blizzard turned it into the core formula for each of their expansions.

Yes, players loved fighting Arthas in Wrath of the Lich King. And the expansion was well structured towards that climactic event. But even that doesn't mean the other expansions now had to have that as their main selling point. I seriously wonder if Blizzard ever had someone in their team point this out to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    What I said and mean is - they are off the beaten path - the original source - the Warcraft series.
    Yes, but only because they exhausted their own material. They was no need to let it come to that point. Villains don't always need to die at the end. They don't even need to show up at all in the first place. Expansions, as the word implies, are meant to expand the world. Each continent that Blizzard added so far only serves as the front-lawn of the villain's lair. In that sense these aren't expansions, they're contractions.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    The lore today is absolutely abysmally bad. The whole comsic forces nonsense is just that, nonsense.
    When the lore becomes "what we say it is today," it becomes easy. No looking back at those stodgy Chronicles or even before that. Just make it up as it goes along. Fits well with homogenization.

>Iain

I agree with that point. Though I do think that WoW could've had a good thirty year run before the Warcraft franchise may have been exhausted from a story standpoint. Having a story arc with a beginning and end is okay, and I believe that it is alright to make some big boss fights in that idea.

The devs seem to think they can pump this thing forever though