Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Wrathion and Anduin just need to bone and get it over with.

Quote Originally Posted by Zardas View Post
    Hope they don't. I play wow for war and epic stuff, not some boring romances
    Yeah I mean no epic war stories have ever involved legendary romances *cough the Illiad cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Yeah I mean no epic war stories have ever involved legendary romances *cough the Illiad cough*
    Even in the Illiad, the romance part is the boring part. I wouldn't mind if the achaens would have gone to Troy for another reason than Helen.

Quote Originally Posted by Zardas View Post
    Even in the Illiad, the romance part is the boring part. I wouldn't mind if the achaens would have gone to Troy for another reason than Helen.
    The legendary romance of the Illiad is not Helen though. It's either Achilles and Patroclos or Hector and Andromache.

Also it's fairly clear they did NOT go for Helen, she was just a solid excuse (made even more clear in Iphigenia in Aulis). They went to loot.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-06-14 at 06:28 AM.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    Where do you people get all this from?

Anduin is a more sentimental and emotional character. Period. It doesn´t mean he is gay or that being that way makes someone gay. Not htat there is anythign wrong with it, but, it looks like that´s how people are painting it.

Not every character has to be a flesh cracking frenzy beast..

That would be a terrible idea and itd come accross as overly forced

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Where do you people get all this from?

Anduin is a more sentimental and emotional character. Period. It doesn´t mean he is gay or that being that way makes someone gay. Not htat there is anythign wrong with it, but, it looks like that´s how people are painting it.

Not every character has to be a flesh cracking frenzy beast..
    These characters belong to the shippers now, we must make their ships reality or they will destroy everything in their rage. And no, I'm not being hyperbolic or trollish. Shippers have gotten people fired, shows and comics canceled as well as bullied fan artists into committing suicide. All because people didn't make the characters hook up as they demanded.
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent088 View Post
    So back in MoP Anduin and Wrathion were shipped as a couple. While I fully support this now, they were still a little young so it bothered me that people didn't want to wait until they were adults.

Now that they are adults it's totally doable. Think of this story below:

The curtains twirled as the broad black dragon wings soared past the cottage window. A casual, repetitive drop of water soured another page of parchment.

"Damn you" Said Anduin. Another page to start over.

Again, the house shook. Why were the dragons in full force today?

"Alright beast, you are done berating me." Anduin grabbed his sword and cast open the door.

"Oh am I?" The big black dragon shrouded himself in mist, and out came a handsome broad man.

"Wrathion!" Anakin said.

"Yes it is me, darling."

"Oh how I've missed you, come inside!"

The dragon man walked with a presence that nearly continued the rumbling, candles flickered to still as he walked by.

"Anduin before you begin, I miss you too, let us sit."

A long conversation began as the two reconnected, before Wrathion slipped his hand across Anduin's.

"Wrathion!"

"My apologizes king, I did not mean to offend."

"No, this, this is everything I wanted!" As he kept into Wrathions arms, and the two became enticed in love.

So here is your lore book passage that comes out before the expansion. In game it doesn't have to be too present obviously because romances are rare, but maybe some side quests that show them overly fraternizing. Nothing over the top, but just something to ship them and satisfy the fanbase?
    Are you just bored and saying stupid things or are you serious ?

Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    These characters belong to the shippers now, we must make their ships reality or they will destroy everything in their rage. And no, I'm not being hyperbolic or trollish. Shippers have gotten people fired, shows and comics canceled as well as bullied fan artists into committing suicide. All because people didn't make the characters hook up as they demanded.
    The really maddening thing as a queer person is that most male/male pairing shippers, especially when the men in question are younger, are not queer people. They are straight women.

I want Anduin and Wrathion interactions though. They are always great and their voice actors have great chemistry. The idea behind both of them is the classic precocious teenager/young adult who knows better than everyone else in the room which by itself is at best annoying but can at least work when there is two of them so they can interact. Wrathion is the only decent foil for Anduin because he actually has plans keep blowing up in his face but it doesn't dent his assurance while Anduin constantly struggles to make decisions. Plus male friendships are a thing.
    Also even if both of them were queer, it doesn't mean they need to have sex. Which is so annoying because most straight people assume that if two gay people are in the same place at the same time, they are a couple.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    you mean the chinese playerbase?
    whataboutism is a sign of honesty and high intellect /s

I'd approve of them using this for a steamy romance novel.
    Find a way to force baine into this and it'd be perfect.

The curtains twirled as the broad black dragon wings soared past the cottage window. A casual, repetitive drop of water soured another page of parchment.

"Damn you" Said Anduin. Another page to start over.

Again, the house shook. Why were the dragons in full force today?

"Alright beast, you are done berating me." Anduin grabbed his sword and cast open the door.

"Oh am I?" The big black dragon shrouded himself in mist, and out came a handsome broad man.

"Wrathion!" Anakin said.

"Yes it is me, darling."

"Oh how I've missed you, come inside!"

The dragon man walked with a presence that nearly continued the rumbling, candles flickered to still as he walked by.

"Anduin before you begin, I miss you too, let us sit."

A long conversation began as the two reconnected, before Wrathion slipped his hand across Anduin's.

"Wrathion!"

"My apologizes king, I did not mean to offend."

"No, this, this is everything I wanted!" As he kept into Wrathions arms, and the two became enticed in love.

So here is your lore book passage that comes out before the expansion. In game it doesn't have to be too present obviously because romances are rare, but maybe some side quests that show them overly fraternizing. Nothing over the top, but just something to ship them and satisfy the fanbase?
    Damn, this story took a weird turn when Anakin arrived. I'd be in to watch a Anakin v Anduin v Wrathion love triangle

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    whataboutism is a sign of honesty and high intellect /s
    what do you mean whataboutism

Sigh, when people take a stupid meme too far, this. Sigh.

FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Dude, you fucking Wrathion - Anduin shippers are so fucking nasty.
    I don't mind there being same sex relationships in the game but Wrathion is literally a child and Anduin was as well when you guys started shipping them.

Holy fuck, actually disgusting.

what do you mean whataboutism
    noun
    ''the technique or practice of responding to an accusation or difficult question by making a counter-accusation or raising a different issue.''

basicaly ur saying bigots and phobia in the west is fine because it exists or is even worse in some other place

atleast half the playerbase would lose their shit,because as we all know,presenting any non heterosexual relationship in muh vidgiu gaimz is a personal attack on their sexuality
    The majority of people don't care what your sexuality is. Nor do they care about a video game character's sexuality. The only time I complain is when it's obviously shoehorned in to get a company social credit points. Kinda like when a bunch of companies change their logos for a month in a handful of countries while failing to even state human rights in others is a good thing.
    "Honor, young heroes. No matter how dire the battle, never forsake it."
    Varok Saurfang

noun
    ''the technique or practice of responding to an accusation or difficult question by making a counter-accusation or raising a different issue.''

basicaly ur saying bigots and phobia in the west is fine because it exists or is even worse in some other place
    what, how did I say that

you need to go outside and touch grass bro

what, how did I say that

you need to go outside and touch grass bro
    ah intellectual dishonesty it is then

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggsy View Post
    The majority of people don't care what your sexuality is. Nor do they care about a video game character's sexuality. The only time I complain is when it's obviously shoehorned in to get a company social credit points. Kinda like when a bunch of companies change their logos for a month in a handful of countries while failing to even state human rights in others is a good thing.
    its funny how bigots can always magicaly spot these cases,and its usualy in 100% of the cases where a show has ONE non straight couple,lol

OP's terribly written fanfiction notwithstanding,
    no, most people would not be down for this
    pairing. There isn't nearly enough evidence to
    support them going down this route.

If anything, the two make perfect foils to one
    another, and would have far greater chemistry
    as friendly rivals then lovers. Which based on
    their personalities, would resonate a lot more
    with the community.

Don't see the whole Sylvannas thing
    People see the Wrathion pairing significantly less.

Thus far its definitely one of the daughters of
    fellow Alliance leaders that people see him
    going with. Personally I always liked the idea
    of Anduin being paired with Lorna Crowley.
    Her kind of spitfire attitude would make a
    great foil to Anduin's more passive attitude.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2022-06-14 at 07:05 PM.