Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    noun
    ''the technique or practice of responding to an accusation or difficult question by making a counter-accusation or raising a different issue.''

basicaly ur saying bigots and phobia in the west is fine because it exists or is even worse in some other place
    That wasn't whataboutism. Whataboutism requires he steer the discussion away from the original topic. You said that half the player base would be upset and he responded with "the Chinese player base?". Not only is that not whataboutism, he would also technically be right.

Of all the stupid fan ships I've read over the years, I hate this one the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent088 View Post
    So back in MoP Anduin and Wrathion were shipped as a couple. While I fully support this now, they were still a little young so it bothered me that people didn't want to wait until they were adults.

Now that they are adults it's totally doable. Think of this story below:

The curtains twirled as the broad black dragon wings soared past the cottage window. A casual, repetitive drop of water soured another page of parchment.

"Damn you" Said Anduin. Another page to start over.

Again, the house shook. Why were the dragons in full force today?

"Alright beast, you are done berating me." Anduin grabbed his sword and cast open the door.

"Oh am I?" The big black dragon shrouded himself in mist, and out came a handsome broad man.

"Wrathion!" Anakin said.

"Yes it is me, darling."

"Oh how I've missed you, come inside!"

The dragon man walked with a presence that nearly continued the rumbling, candles flickered to still as he walked by.

"Anduin before you begin, I miss you too, let us sit."

A long conversation began as the two reconnected, before Wrathion slipped his hand across Anduin's.

"Wrathion!"

"My apologizes king, I did not mean to offend."

"No, this, this is everything I wanted!" As he kept into Wrathions arms, and the two became enticed in love.

So here is your lore book passage that comes out before the expansion. In game it doesn't have to be too present obviously because romances are rare, but maybe some side quests that show them overly fraternizing. Nothing over the top, but just something to ship them and satisfy the fanbase?
    Is that you Roux? Now I realize this hard to understand but men can be friends without being in love with eachother. Anduin has also shown distinct attraction to multiple women both in game and in the books. Taelia is much more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    No.
    Take your homoerotic fanfics somewhere else.
    It's about as stupid as Sonic x Shadow.
    But not nearly as stupid as Sonic x Anduin, which is what is definitely going to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean, the relationship was probably intended. As a friendly rivalry. Anduin is surrounded by people vastly older than him. Having a peer that is NOT a love interest is actually a good way to give him character development.
    While I do agree with this sentiment, their interactions in MoP didn't really contribute to that goal for Anduin especially with how much the focus stays on Wrathion even after Anduin pops up in the Tavern. I also wouldn't say rivals as such as they weren't actively competing against each other but moreso mirrored idealogues with a shared goal what with Wrathion all about backstabbing and exploting opportunities for specifc power gains while Anduin preached co-operation towards future strength. I do think a missed opportunity was having Anduin explore a black dragon bias with Wrathion where despite knowing he is his own person and was largely uninvolved with the Dragonflight, Anduin should've had some struggle with treating him favourably in their interactions after how extreme and negative influence they have had on not only his personal life but also threatening his people and the World. Similarly Wrathion should've been more spiteful towards Anduin's freedom and more care-free attitude instead of just smug to really establish a narrative foil.

I'm still disappointed to this day that the punch from BfA wasn't Anduin development and his understanding that Varian's death was partly as a result of Wrathion's scheming and instead was written off as "N'zoth makes you testy and Anduin can't possibly develop a grudge against another character".
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Gay dragon! Gay dragon for pride month!

Personally I'd like more focus on developing a good story instead of an unrelatable homoerotic fan fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    The fact that Blizzard just decided to have him take a break from being king is ridiculous enough, but ending the bloodline of Anduin Lothar because they can't write a decent story for Anduin is just a joke
    Do you mean Varian Wrynn? Anduin Lothar isn't related to Anduin Wrynn and his bloodline already ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    That wasn't whataboutism. Whataboutism requires he steer the discussion away from the original topic. You said that half the player base would be upset and he responded with "the Chinese player base?". Not only is that not whataboutism, he would also technically be right.
    It still counts,because hes trying to shift it away from the point,yes the chinese players are proly worse in that way,but it doesnt really matter to us here and the discussion,we dont play on asian servers

5+ Year Old Account
    People were talking so much about how "Why Humans can't accept their forsaken undead relatives back, and understand them and keep good relationships with them, bound these two kinds into one" its easy to do, just make political marriage between Anduin and Sylvanas, and hop Humans & Forsaken can rebuild human kingdoms together.

"Untill death do them apart" catch that even after death Anduin can just become lightfused Undead King. --Ever King--, and it allows to keep in check evil mannered wife Sylvie.

/s

at worst, replace Sylvanas with Calia.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    I agree mostly and that goes for all headcanons in general. But I'm also indifferent if it goes that way. I just find it very hypocritical when people complain if two dudes in all of wow gets together but on the same hand try to force Anduin to be with people he has no relationship with(Taelia, Calia, etc). He can stay single until he dies for all I care. At least marrying your best friend(not saying they are, just an example) is better than arranged marriage to some person you have never met, which is most likely what is going to happen to Anduin and I find it archaic and dumb.

I will also say shipping is harmless fun for most people. The people who try to force it on the creators of the content are a horrible people and have done irreparable damage to creators in recent years. Sending death threats and the like. Ruins the fun for everyone else and just makes fandoms toxic with shipping wars.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. Forced romance is bad in any form.
    I absolutely loathe it in movies/games because it always feels fake.
    Data has shown that the longevity of marriage during the times of arranged marriages is much, much greater than marriages done for love. Marrying for love is a very modern concept. Throughout human history marriage was a union of two people, yes, but with economic, political and social implications attached to it.

I'd rather have arranged marriages that last a lifetime than what we have today. Wasn't it in the U.S.A that the phrase "First marriage is for money, second marriage is for love" originated from? Yeah, no thanks to that bullshit.

I would really like to see Anduin and Wrathion become each other's moral support and build a strong relationship with this. Znduin is in dire need of this and opted going to Sylvanas instead of Genn, so he's got his head pretty messed up and is in dire need of support.

I don't wish for anything more explicit on any of the major character's romantic life. I mosty don't give a damn about that. Having cheesy lines about lorthemar inaptitude to seduce a partner is funny but so out place... having some random npc in a tavern deliver lines about this is good though.

Anyway nobody cares about Anduin's love life except if it brings major plot points to the story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    To be continued in Steamy Romance Novel: The Bad Dragon

Take my Upvote.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

ah intellectual dishonesty it is then

- - - Updated - - -

its funny how bigots can always magicaly spot these cases,and its usualy in 100% of the cases where a show has ONE non straight couple,lol
    Not that it matters, but I'm not straight. Good job though enforcing the fact that in the LGBTQ Community you have to think as the consensus tells you otherwise you're a "bigot" or an enemy or whatever else they want to call you. I just don't my group being used as a token.
    "Honor, young heroes. No matter how dire the battle, never forsake it."
    Varok Saurfang

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    Data has shown that the longevity of marriage during the times of arranged marriages is much, much greater than marriages done for love. Marrying for love is a very modern concept. Throughout human history marriage was a union of two people, yes, but with economic, political and social implications attached to it.

I'd rather have arranged marriages that last a lifetime than what we have today. Wasn't it in the U.S.A that the phrase "First marriage is for money, second marriage is for love" originated from? Yeah, no thanks to that bullshit.
    Well yes, when women are property, they don't get the choice to be divorced.

10+ Year Old Account
    atleast half the playerbase would lose their shit,because as we all know,presenting any non heterosexual relationship in muh vidgiu gaimz is a personal attack on their sexuality
    i thought anduin x wrathion is quite popular since over a decade? i'm actually wondering who will hate it, with so much support for it
    the biggest no to that relation was how one was child and other teenager, none was adult, and as far i know wrathion is still underage so this relation should still be no?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    i thought anduin x wrathion is quite popular since over a decade? i'm actually wondering who will hate it, with so much support for it
    the biggest no to that relation was how one was child and other teenager, none was adult, and as far i know wrathion is still underage so this relation should still be no?
    As a queer person I very much would prefer if this ship never happened exactly for this reason. They added a solid gay relation in lore with Shaw and Flynn, just feature them as a couple in a storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggsy View Post
    Not that it matters, but I'm not straight. Good job though enforcing the fact that in the LGBTQ Community you have to think as the consensus tells you otherwise you're a "bigot" or an enemy or whatever else they want to call you. I just don't my group being used as a token.
    huh,interesting,i never knew gay people had their own version of an uncle tom,must be hard living life hating yourself

- - - Updated - - -

depends when dragons reach maturity,not every species is like humans

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    As a queer person I very much would prefer if this ship never happened exactly for this reason. They added a solid gay relation in lore with Shaw and Flynn, just feature them as a couple in a storyline.
    This relationship felt very forced to me. We get to know Flynn during BfA and the very few things we learn about him is that he dropped everything for Taelia. Then one boat ride with a sick Shaw and he's all of sudden in love with him with no thought about Taelia?

I like when characters find a love one but I've almost never seen/read it being done right. Either it comes out of nowhere and is just thrown into the audience's faces or it is the focus of the entire story and seldim makes it a compelling one

I don't think it was ever popular outside of tumblr and other corners of the internet. Its a ship that never really made any sense and was clearly just advocated by some because its two attractive male characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    When two male friends can't be friends and are made to be gay by headcanon.
    Craig and Tweek lmao.