View Poll Results: Which expansion has the best soundtrack?

Voters
113. This poll is closed
  • Mists of Pandaria

42 37.17%
  • Warlords of Draenor

40 35.40%
  • Legion

13 11.50%
  • Battle for Azeroth

15 13.27%
  • Shadowlands

3 2.65%
Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Horde Which modern expansion has the best soundtrack?

For me, it's a tie between WoD and Legion.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

MoP and WoD are the apex of WoW's music. I have nearly every track from those expansions on my favorite's playlist. It'd be easier to list the tracks that I didn't think were bangers.

I can hardly remember any WoW music after WoD. The OST became so forgettable. The only memorable Legion tracks was a Suramar song, Anduin's theme, the Warrior class order hall, and that grating, tense violin music from Argus. For BFA the only songs I can remember is a couple Kul'Tiras themes.

"Times Change."

It will incinirate your soul.

There is music in MoP that I actually remember.
    WoD I played very little so hard to say. I mostly remember garrison music? I like certain part of the alliance garrison music.
    From legion I don't remember anything, but that means while I don't remember anything good, I don't remember anything bad either. I didn't hate it.
    BFA music are a bit lower quality than Legion, but that is just a feel I get. The difference isn't large.

As for SL ... Haha .. No. SL lacked anything I'd think of "warcraft music". Its style is different. For example, every expansion login music has been cool, but ... SL? What is that music? It barely exists!
    SL music is just different. Did it change who makes the music? Or what?

So order would be

MoP > Legion >= WoD >= BFA >>> SL

edit: Thought it a little bit more.
    Last edited by Morae; 2022-06-11 at 05:10 AM.

WoD, there isn' t even a contest. For all its fault it has some of the best soundtracks alongside WotLK

MoP and it's not even close

Theme from WoD is a very reliable source of goosebumps for me.

MoP and WoD both have fantastic soundtracks, but WoD definitely wins out for me.

I especially love the Talador theme.

WoD was incidentally also the last expansion Russel Brower worked full-time on. He became a freelance contractee ahead of Legion.
    Last edited by Unlimited Power; 2022-06-11 at 07:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

They are all fantastic but WoD has plenty of master pieces, so voted that.

I can't really choose. The music and art is the one thing consistently good across every expansion.

One of the only good thing from WoD is music.

BfA imo. I still occasionally log into my alliance alt and run around Boralus listening to the various tracks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Loved Mists of Pandaria, Battle For Azeroth is on second for me out of the new ones. In total, it would be Wrath of the Lich King, then MoP, then BFA.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

WoD, Legion and BfA are my favorites. Voted BfA because it has several amazing tracks and is reminiscent to Warcraft 2 at a few occasions, whereas WoD and Legion mainly stand out with a couple strong tracks each.

SL sounds dull and uninspired, I like the Jailer and Sylvanas boss fight music, but can't think of anything else that sticks out. I turn off the music in this expansion very often because it's just so monotone.

MoP I entirely dislike.
    Last edited by Trumpcat; 2022-06-11 at 10:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

Definitely WoD.

MoP also has that Kazoo tune in their Inns...

WoD and BfA are the best out of that group.

Shadowlands music was okayish. This is the only song I thought was really memorable.

Music has always been good .. but WoD was the best ..

Literally every single track from WoD is either a vigorous banger or a beautiful euphony

MoP and WoD are my favs out of the recent expansions as a whole. There's some music in expansions later that is still great, but they're usually in isolation. I wouldn't say the recent stuff is bad musically, it's because the music having impact (especially for me) has to be connected to something or evoke some sort of feeling/emotion. For many, this means it's connected to the game in some way, whether it's a good story/quest/raid or just fun experiences you're having with others in the game. Of the music since WoD that I do like quite a bit, it's almost exclusively tied to something else that was good or memorable. This isn't a hard rule, but a tendency.

I'll give an example for me: the Shadowlands outdoor music for the zones. The music isn't bad, and the zones look nice, but the game itself kind of sucks the soul and potential out of what could be better. The best scenario is that whole is greater than the sum of its parts, elevating the individual parts (like music) higher than if it were on its own. However, WoW has not been like that recently, and everything surrounding things like music just detracts or makes its worse.

Just a slight aside, the music scores from vanilla through WotLK are all permanently burned into my head. A lot of this has to do with all the great experiences from back in the day, which elevates the music and my enjoyment of said music quite a bit. They may not be technically outstanding, but they are attached to feelings and experiences that makes the music wholly wonderful.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2022-06-11 at 11:08 AM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville