Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    It has no chance of happening, Blizzard always return things to the statue quo in WoW at the end.

Gilneas? I wouldn't be surprised.
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrorthatflapsinthenight View Post
    It has no chance of happening, Blizzard always return things to the statue quo in WoW at the end.
    I wish that were the case at Astranaar..or for that matter those goblins in Azshara. All they're accomplishing is giving a good name to the naga.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    Way too complex for Blizzard’s actual WoW team.

Assume replacing giant sword in Silithus with giant tree in Silithus. And even that SOLELY happens, IF they find some giant tree sprite that exactly matches giant sword sprite. Otherwise some student has to use Photoshop and GFX designer tools for more than a day. Which is WAY too expensive for Blizz.
    someone doesn't know the difference between a sprite and a full actual model

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Terrorthatflapsinthenight View Post
    so when is the goblin player going to be the racial leader of all of the goblins?

I sincerely don't understand why people keep lumping Night elves to Gilneas. They deserve their own city with their own aesthetic and themes. As they've had in the past. We've gone years with Trolls and Gnomes living in with other races, asked for years to get them their own capitals, and now we're pushing to shove Night elves in with Gilneas? Nah

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Just wanted to put my chips on this one.

Undead will take Lordaeron, with Undercity being left to rot in blight, and Gilneas will have a world tree planted in its center. Night elves gave worgen a home after their city was lost, and now theyll get to return the favor.

Allied races: Lightborn Undead and Night Elf Worgen, conveniently the only two core races missing allied counterparts.

10.1?

I know people want Gilneas City established as the Worgen capital, but they don’t need the night elves to have a new home there to make it happen.

It is further humanising of other alliance races. And what do you do with the 18 odd night elf zones and 2-3 iterations of night elven architecture and landscape tailored to their fantasy and highly developed themes?

They should make Gilneas an engaging paper of the Lordaeron arc and continue or expand on the werewolf v vampire version
    Last edited by Mace; 2022-06-11 at 04:59 PM.

Can't ever see the night elves permanently leaving Kalimdor or the the general Ashenvale region.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

Undead will take Lordaeron, with Undercity being left to rot in blight, and Gilneas will have a world tree planted in its center. Night elves gave worgen a home after their city was lost, and now theyll get to return the favor.

Allied races: Lightborn Undead and Night Elf Worgen, conveniently the only two core races missing allied counterparts.

10.1?
    I don't think we will see Night Elf Worgen; no allied race has been a combo of two existing races. they've either expanded on a current race (Dwarf -> DI Dwarf etc) but never combined them.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Eh, it'd probably be for the best to take a leaf (heh) out of Teldrassil and just put a new world tree somewhere off of the coast of Kalimdor. I have no real stake in it given that I no longer play, though I'd quite like Teldrassil itself to be restored somehow.

The issue with putting the Night Elf core territory within the Eastern Kingdoms is that they'd be at even more risk of being side lined by humans than they already are at present. Kalimdor is their ancestral home and should remain as such, including clawing back every bit of lost ground.
    Yeah, that's what I'd like too.

One thing I've been a fan of aswell for the past few years is the idea that Dire Maul could become the new Night Elf Capital. Feralas is is pretty lush too and with their presence they could make it even more lush and mystical, kinda like northern Kalimdor was with its purple sky.

Not to mention they could start inhabiting Thousand Needles and Tanaris and use all that water to feed an entire forest.

That or go further north into Desolace and Stonetalon Mountains.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    I put my chips on growing it around the sword in Silithus, but given the dialogue it seems more likely it'll be on the Dragon Isles.
    I'm not sure how people are arriving at this conclusion. "Go talk to my daughter, she'll help" ---> "Plant the tree on the Dragon Isles which is, at the time of this conversation, still impossible for me or my kind to locate!"

Something is getting lost in translation during that cinematic.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I don't think we will see Night Elf Worgen; no allied race has been a combo of two existing races. they've either expanded on a current race (Dwarf -> DI Dwarf etc) but never combined them.
    Night Elf Worgen is a direct race though. Gilnean Worgen have a human form with all normal human customizations, Scythe Worgen would have a Night Elf form with all normal Night Elf customizations.

Night elves: *fight tooth and nail to save/reclaim their ancestral lands*

Speculators: "They're going to move away from their ancestral lands."

It'll probably be planted in the ashes of Teldrassil, maybe closer to Orgrimmar in Ashenvale. They're not leaving northern Kalimdor.

Quote Originally Posted by Futch View Post
    Night elves: *fight tooth and nail to save/reclaim their ancestral lands*

Speculators: "They're going to move away from their ancestral lands."

It'll probably be planted in the ashes of Teldrassil, maybe closer to Orgrimmar in Ashenvale. They're not leaving northern Kalimdor.
    All I'm saying is with Gilneas mentioned in 9.2.5 , and the Ardenweald Seed, that's two major cities for the Alliance, and only Lordaeron for the Horde. Either Bilgewater Goblins also get a city, or they combine the Worgen and Goblin ones, which is really easy since all it would take is planting the tree in Gilneas.

I mean, that would be awesome to do something with that entire zone which has sat there vacant since Cata.

10.1?
    We still have that leak that was pretty much accurate with Dragonflight. Only one thing from that leak is missing: Allied race pre-order bonus ( and we still have yet to get these ) . It would be a smart move to help chill out rage over the one class one race Dracthyr situation. We got some dark ranger customizations ( somewhat a new race - not really though ). But having 2 new allied races and a new race and class? Sign me up.

The seed is going to be the mcguffin to defeat the big bad of Dragonflight: Then in the inevitable 11.0 world revamp Hyjal is just going to be their new city. There's no real reason they couldn't live on Hyjal. People say its too close to Org, but vertically, its so high up Hyjal is further from Org than Lordaeron is to Gilneas.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    I saw discussion about the "strong" possibility of a new tree being put in Silithus, either replacing the sword stabbed there or like next to it or something... where did this come from? And what are the hints/points of speculation around it?
    It comes from people who think the sword should be gone already despite it being massive and stuck deep in the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    that is like shitting on a whole kingdom
    Yeah Blizz would never do that
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

The only world tree that matters is still in Kalimdor. The night elves are not leaving it behind.

If you planted a world tree in Gilneas there wouldn't be a Gilneas left after it matured.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    The only world tree that matters is still in Kalimdor. The night elves are not leaving it behind.
    Well, I doubt they'll plant a second world tree in Hyjal.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..