Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
... LastLast
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Wood, leather and meat.

    Connection to the rest of the world? I mean... Is the closest land that both the NE and Draneai have that have an easy to land area.

    Note: Based on the information on the poster in my next comment, is mostly only wood resources and the connection to the rest of the world, even if noone can live on it, it can easily be used as a "path"

    - - - Updated - - -



    Didn't know that! Thank you for the information!

    Regardless it still should hold some resources, like wood, something that the Horde obviously need a lot, having in mind that it was the whole reason (or excuse) to invade Ashenvale, we don't know how rich in metals and other stuff is the area though.
    Wood resources... like the Night elves lack wood resources when they have a massive stronghold in Feralas, which has far more trees than that blighted wasteland known as Darkshore. The Alliance has a whole has their capital in a sprawling woodland so they definitely are not lacking in wood.

    As per the aforementioned stronghold in Feralas, they also didn't need Darkshore to have a connection with their allies.

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    Yes, but that’s apparently not enough for the OP.
    Because what night elves need is not another tree in two expansions but a show in game that they are not cucked pushovers and can actually win against the Horde races. Aka the “show dont tell” on screen “vengeance”.

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by salate View Post
    Didnt it bring another tear of elune, hence night warrior arc = new tree of life
    Did blizz forget we planted a world tree in cata? I mean I guess there isn't a reason we can't have 2 world trees it just feels like a lot to have.

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    I was thinking again about the night warrior arc and I feel like I missed something, because if I remember it correctly, it was completely useless and did nothing for the story.

    What happened?
    Darkshore gets attacked, NEs lose

    We will most likely never know why (remember: Elune only learns about the whole Jailer/Maw situation and Sylvanas much later, there is even a cinematic about it)
    We fight Sylvanas and beat her, without Tyrande, and afterwards get the "you have to chose between vengeance and renewal" part, and she basically gives up the NW powers again.

    Wtf happened here and why did this storyline exist? What did I miss?
    I think the point of the arch was to show Tyrande's growth. She starts off, consumed by vengeance, but she learns to forgive (grows as a person) and choses renewal over vengeance. If I remember the quest chain right, the Night Warrior power should have killed her.

    If she came upon Sylvanus before that quest chain, she would have killed her then been consumed by the NW power and died. We basically saved her life and probably saved the fate of the Night elves. We also got to learn about the NW power, its history, former wielders and what it actually is.

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Wood resources... like the Night elves lack wood resources when they have a massive stronghold in Feralas, which has far more trees than that blighted wasteland known as Darkshore. The Alliance has a whole has their capital in a sprawling woodland so they definitely are not lacking in wood.

    As per the aforementioned stronghold in Feralas, they also didn't need Darkshore to have a connection with their allies.
    Yes there is Ahenvale Zoram, even night elf ruins is there, new capital and new port can be establish there. Don't know why they need Darkshore and why the horde blighted it if they wanna conquer for them self, for resources. No logic in here

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    I think the point of the arch was to show Tyrande's growth. She starts off, consumed by vengeance, but she learns to forgive (grows as a person) and choses renewal over vengeance. If I remember the quest chain right, the Night Warrior power should have killed her.

    If she came upon Sylvanus before that quest chain, she would have killed her then been consumed by the NW power and died. We basically saved her life and probably saved the fate of the Night elves. We also got to learn about the NW power, its history, former wielders and what it actually is.
    And whats wrong with killing Sylvanas? Frankly those souls in the Maw worth less then the shame of defeat and eternal humiliation (provoking further wars by showing weakness) that living night elves now face.

  7. #107
    A lot of stories had an awful execution during Shadowlands and the night warrior arc is just one of them. One can speculate that it was also originally part of a scrapped major patch and raid tier involving the Drust and Thros. In the end nothing came out of it other than some new customisation options.

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Loreth88 View Post
    Yes there is Ahenvale Zoram, even night elf ruins is there, new capital and new port can be establish there. Don't know why they need Darkshore and why the horde blighted it if they wanna conquer for them self, for resources. No logic in here
    Because the Horde is stupid, it is vastly comprised of primitive savages who still live in filthy huts.

    Typically the Horde acts before they "think".

    Ironically that's also the philosophy of the Huojin pandas who joined the Horde. That dumbass Ji literally blew up a gunship as it was stuck inside the magical turtle, almost killing it in the process. Thankfully Aysa and the Tushui (who joined the Alliance btw) fixed everything.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-06-25 at 02:58 PM.

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Because the Horde is stupid, it is vastly comprised of primitive savages who still live in filthy huts.

    Typically the Horde acts before they "think".

    Ironically that's also the philosophy of the Huojin pandas who joined the Horde. That dumbass Ji literally blew up a gunship as it was stuck inside the magical turtle, almost killing it in the process. Thankfully Aysa and the Tushui (who joined the Alliance btw) fixed everything.
    The best thing when they change the huts to other buildings in OG in a DESERT to metal xD don't really know whofound out that will be cool, but that person never left the house. And ppl laugh at the nigh elfs because they lived in a tree size like an island.

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Loreth88 View Post
    The best thing when they change the huts to other buildings in OG in a DESERT to metal xD don't really know whofound out that will be cool, but that person never left the house. And ppl laugh at the nigh elfs because they lived in a tree size like an island.
    Living in a metal house with large brazier inside should realistically cook you alive in desert heat. And it makes "huh huh tree house" comments sound even dumber.

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Living in a metal house with large brazier inside should realistically cook you alive in desert heat. And it makes "huh huh tree house" comments sound even dumber.
    Because they are not savage anymore they are intelligent.

  12. #112
    Elemental Lord sam86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    WORST country on earth (aka egypt)
    Posts
    8,277
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Every story has a point, whether or not you think the story is good. Denying that is simply denying reality. Glad you and Accendor agree on that.
    -.-
    that's like saying 1+1=5 is math, u know it is wrong, a 5 year old know it is wrong, but u still count it as math because it has numbers and symbols
    no that's not how it works, if a story is complete failure and total shit then it did indeed have no purpose
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    -.-
    that's like saying 1+1=5 is math, u know it is wrong, a 5 year old know it is wrong, but u still count it as math because it has numbers and symbols
    no that's not how it works, if a story is complete failure and total shit then it did indeed have no purpose
    Already told him exactly the same thing, even using math comparison. He didnt agreed anyway.

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferlion View Post
    At this particular time, it was Tyrande and a single champion. This incident was resolved when Tyrande had to choose between the Temple of Elune and Malfurion, and she chose the temple. This led to the Tear of Elune and death of Ysera cinematic.

    The dungeon was after this.
    Oh sorry, I thought it was referring to the dungeon. Gotcha, thanks.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    Yes, but that’s apparently not enough for the OP.
    Actually the OP already stated that was thankful somebody pointed out that the whole arc led to the reconciliation between Elune and the Winter Queen, which was something he indeed give not enough credit for.

    It still seems like a very unnecessary story line still, simply because the whole power aspect of the night warrior never really mattered and the whole execution and conclusion of that story is beyond terrible, it's literally the worst piece of lore they have ever told, but yes, it is indeed not meaningless.

    I just really, really want to know why the NW power left Tyrande when she fought Sylvanas in Ardenweald. It's such an important and big moment and we never learnt why it failed at exactly THAT moment.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2022-06-26 at 01:28 PM.

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    I just really, really want to know why the NW power left Tyrande when she fought Sylvanas in Ardenweald. It's such an important and big moment and we never learnt why it failed at exactly THAT moment.
    Because she was at the breaking point, if Elune let her continue she would have blown up. The Night warrior power corrodes the user's body till it goes boom as was explained in the Night Fae covenant campaign.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2022-06-26 at 01:29 PM.

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmatrix View Post
    Because she was at the breaking point, if Elune let her continue she would have blown up. The Night warrior power corrodes the user's body till it goes boom as was explained in the Night Fae covenant campaign.
    Would have being worth it all things considered.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2022-06-26 at 01:29 PM.

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmatrix View Post
    Because she was at the breaking point, if Elune let her continue she would have blown up. The Night warrior power corrodes the user's body till it goes boom as was explained in the Night Fae covenant campaign.
    Yes, but why would that have been a problem? Up until then every other night warrior also died when using that power. Tyrande was also willing to make that sacrifice.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2022-06-26 at 01:29 PM.

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Yes, but why would that have been a problem? Up until then every other night warrior also died when using that power. Tyrande was also willing to make that sacrifice.
    Perk of being Elune's high priest.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2022-06-26 at 01:29 PM.

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Yes, but why would that have been a problem? Up until then every other night warrior also died when using that power. Tyrande was also willing to make that sacrifice.
    Apparently Elune wasn't able to let Tyrande go as its champion. It felt that Tyrande had to face a rational choice rather thab letting her rage drive her. Maybe Elune felt there was something wrong with the sacrifice they pushed on the people of Darnasus, maybe not but Tyrande has been Elune's favourite for quite some time therefore she might benefit from special safeguard
    Last edited by Aucald; 2022-06-26 at 01:29 PM.

  20. #120
    Elemental Lord sam86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    WORST country on earth (aka egypt)
    Posts
    8,277
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmatrix View Post
    Because she was at the breaking point, if Elune let her continue she would have blown up. The Night warrior power corrodes the user's body till it goes boom as was explained in the Night Fae covenant campaign.
    that was the purpose of her getting power, to kill Danasur waifu and get over with it
    it makes no sense, why give her the power to kill her, only to take it and make her not able to kill her!
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    it's literally the worst piece of lore they have ever told
    I'd put MORALLY GREY line higher than this, how the fucked sylvanas and ruined her bfa+ is way worse than tyrande
    well both are shit, and tyrande has the bonus of being a nelf, a race that blizz for some reason hate since 10+ years and love to make them just shit no idea why (maybe because how awesome they were in wc3 and they just hate any old lore?)
    Last edited by Aucald; 2022-06-26 at 01:30 PM.
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •