Cool What changes do you wish for in Dragonflight?

Are there any core changes to the class you wish will happen in Dragonflight for Shaman?

I don't know how much they will rework classes, but I always have a take on what's fun and not fun about Shaman.

As a core class feeback, I wish the class had more of a support and totem focus. I understand the game does not feel good with 4 global cooldowns to put down totems in retail, but we could have a system with totems following us arround like orbs or something.

Enhancement is not a very fun spec right now. It's spammy, and not bursty as Shaman usually felt like. If Stormstrike could not instantly reset, and it instead packed a punch and felt like a strong burst ability, I think the button would feel much better to click. With personal loot system, I don't understand why they can't just let us be a 2H spec, it's much cooler.

Elemental needs more focus on Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning and Lava Burst. I think the class was most fun around Wrath. I don't enjoy Earthquake, I don't enjoy the Maelstrom builder spender, I don't enjoy the new Earth Shock. The spec also has too many wierd active abilites, like Stormkeeper, Icefury and Liquid Magma Totem. The spec become bloated with weak active abilities instead of focusing on making Lava Burst and Chain Lightning feel strong to press.

Restoration is pretty well designed. I just wish specs in general were more unique, and Restoration removed instant heals and Healing Rain. I prefered the spec when it was a Chain Heal + impactful party buffs focused spec.
    Last edited by MiiiMiii; 2022-06-11 at 05:49 PM.

No more switching targets to spread dots, it just feels awful.
    Loved the old design where lava lash spread flame shock, similar design should be used if blizz wants mass flame shock to be a thing.

Would be cool if we could have a 2handed enha - even if it is just a visual change.
    I recall monks having some kind of glyph years ago that provided a similar visual effect, and i think warlocks had a glyph for their demon to visually use a different weapon.

I miss the awesome mobility elemental had during MOP if i remember right, was the first time it felt worth playing elemental compared to mage/warlock/priest/druid.

Overall shamans still have some abilities that seem pointless to have/use.
    We lost a lot of useful abilities over the years but we still have some that are without a real purpose.

15+ Year Old Account
    @Aleksej89 you will got all you want in new talent tree, beside 2h
    hard to tell how hard it will be to get optimal build with all we want tho
    atm can for sure see crazy synergy for ascendance in talents as ENH ;P
    Last edited by kosajk; 2022-07-26 at 09:55 AM.

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    No more switching targets to spread dots, it just feels awful.
    Loved the old design where lava lash spread flame shock, similar design should be used if blizz wants mass flame shock to be a thing.

Would be cool if we could have a 2handed enha - even if it is just a visual change.
    I recall monks having some kind of glyph years ago that provided a similar visual effect, and i think warlocks had a glyph for their demon to visually use a different weapon.

I miss the awesome mobility elemental had during MOP if i remember right, was the first time it felt worth playing elemental compared to mage/warlock/priest/druid.

Overall shamans still have some abilities that seem pointless to have/use.
    We lost a lot of useful abilities over the years but we still have some that are without a real purpose.
    Expanding on this, I wish they'd let you spec into a build that leans either more on spread dots and LB aka Priority funnel aoe vs chain lightning style aoe.

5+ Year Old Account
    Addition of "Earthen Rage" as talent passive skill for Enhancement shaman, and allowing to carry 3rd summoned totem on shaman shoulder - being able to carry it for duration of totem, come back of Searing totem (Serpent ward) as powerful 24/7 pet that has stats equal to Warlock imp.

Allow Shamans to wield 2h agility Spears - as weapon of choice for Enhancement Shamans that like 2h playstyle, similar like they made it for frost DKs with 2h swords.
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2022-07-27 at 08:34 AM.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Removal of Echoes of the Great Sundering, unfortunately that's not happening, hate that mandatory legendary soon to be mandatory talent so much.

2h enha. even if it's just visual via new transmog options