Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Warcraft 3 Reforged: Spoils of War Meat Wagon Mount

Hello

I know Warcraft 3 Reforged is universally disliked however I purchased it to acquire the Meat Wagon mount for World of Warcraft but do not understand how I actually receive the Meat Wagon mount in World of Warcraft?

The website of Warcraft 3 Reforged Spoils of War says the game need only be 'purchased' it does not provide steps / procedures on how to actually acquire the Meat Wagon mount for your World of Warcraft account?

Must I play up to some point in the game of Warcraft 3 Reforged Spoils of War before the Meat Wagon mount is available to me in World of Warcraft?

Cheers for any help blizzard have so far only sent automated responses

P.S. - sorry if this is in the wrong group/sub group not sure where to ask this...

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    did you try logging into wow and checking your mail?

like 99% of this stuff you get it in the mail.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    did you try logging into wow and checking your mail?

like 99% of this stuff you get it in the mail.
    Yeah that was the first thing I tried after checking the mount selection tab.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharnath View Post
    I hope the irony of this is not lost on you.

They gutted customer service departments and outsourced it to India so they can focus on exciting things like cross product promotions like buying a game from them just to have a mount for another game.

Did you actually get the spoils of war edition and not the basic version?

Hello

I know Warcraft 3 Reforged is universally disliked however I purchased it to acquire the Meat Wagon mount for World of Warcraft but do not understand how I actually receive the Meat Wagon mount in World of Warcraft?

The website of Warcraft 3 Reforged Spoils of War says the game need only be 'purchased' it does not provide steps / procedures on how to actually acquire the Meat Wagon mount for your World of Warcraft account?

Must I play up to some point in the game of Warcraft 3 Reforged Spoils of War before the Meat Wagon mount is available to me in World of Warcraft?

P.S. - sorry if this is in the wrong group/sub group not sure where to ask this...
    When you buy a pet or mount it won't be in the mail anymore. It'll actually be in your pet or mount tab wrapped up in a gift box. You'll have to right click it and an option to "open" your present will be there. Do so and it'll be added to your collections.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I hope the irony of this is not lost on you.

They gutted customer service departments and outsourced it to India so they can focus on exciting things like cross product promotions like buying a game from them just to have a mount for another game.

Did you actually get the spoils of war edition and not the basic version?
    They've been doing that for about 14 years. Why act like it's a new thing?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    When you buy a pet or mount it won't be in the mail anymore. It'll actually be in your pet or mount tab wrapped up in a gift box. You'll have to right click it and an option to "open" your present will be there. Do so and it'll be added to your collections.
    I have checked my mount tab but cannot see any "present" or "gift wrap" box waiting to be opened?

gif upload site
    Last edited by Kharnath; 2022-06-12 at 12:53 AM.

Addons can mess with gifts showing up, you might want to try disabling them to see if it shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokrath View Post
    Addons can mess with gifts showing up, you might want to try disabling them to see if it shows up.
    I will try and see if that helps

Edit: Nah that did not help.

Good luck, I also just remembered that some gifts have to be claimed in the b.net launcher first. I don't remember if that is the case with the wagon.
    There is a an gift option if you click on your btag drop down on the top right of the launcher.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I pre-ordered WC3 when it was first announced and got the Meat Wagon. I don't recall if it was instant or if they made the mount available at a later date but I for sure got the mount before ever playing WC3. You got the Spoils of War edition right?
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by Mokrath View Post
    Good luck, I also just remembered that some gifts have to be claimed in the b.net launcher first. I don't remember if that is the case with the wagon.
    There is a an gift option if you click on your btag drop down on the top right of the launcher.
    The only gift thing I can find there is something a friend sends you not a corporation/game?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    I pre-ordered WC3 when it was first announced and got the Meat Wagon. I don't recall if it was instant or if they made the mount available at a later date but I for sure got the mount before ever playing WC3. You got the Spoils of War edition right?
    Certainly

Have you tried downloading the game and playing it?

A couple of items showed up there for me in the past. One of the 6 month sub rewards and something else.
    I wonder if they are waiting for the transaction to finalize before awarding the mount? Did you use a new payment method or paypal or anything like that?
    Just trying to think of anything that might help. Blizzard has been all over the map with rewards and perks in the last few years.
    Some in the mail, some in directly in the collection as gifts, a couple on the launcher. Makes it very tricky to troubleshoot from the outside.

The official customer support forums might actually be able to help too, if a Blue poster is around. They can sometimes check on stuff of that nature but it's the weekend so might take a while to hear back there.

I did download the game, I do have difficulty loading the game in the traditional sense that I do with say WoW from the steam loader.

What I have done to find a way around it is as follows...
    From the traditional launcher > Launch Editor > File > Test Map > Yes > Press Any Key To Continue > Menu > Endgame > Leave (Now @ Main Game Menu)
    Of which I started playing the prologue.

But Cannot do anything online it seems.
    And still no Meat Wagon

I have checked my mount tab but cannot see any "present" or "gift wrap" box waiting to be opened?

gif upload site
    Check Mokrath's post #9.

https://imgur.com/a/KBdsf29

I think I missed a step.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Not my cup of tea but it looks pretty good

Check Mokrath's post #9.

https://imgur.com/a/KBdsf29

I think I missed a step.
    There is no download icon beside the bell icon on my world of warcraft loader screen.

There is no download icon beside the bell icon on my world of warcraft loader screen.
    Not a download. If you have an unclaimed present there'll literally be a present icon in that area you open up, then pick what region you want to claim the present in, before you go ingame.

Not a download. If you have an unclaimed present there'll literally be a present icon in that area you open up, then pick what region you want to claim the present in, before you go ingame.
    There is no icon beside the bell just the bell.

I think (but don't know for certain) that my game didn't install correctly because as I said I cannot access it in the traditional way I need to go through map editor and maybe it's viewing me as never opened the game and maybe it needs to see you open the game (traditionally) for you to receive the extras from spoils of war aka meat wagon.

I deleted it last night and reuploaded it during my sleep but wont find out till this afternoon evening if it did anything (7:30am here).

Still no response from blizzard.

7+ Year Old Account
    did you add reforged to the right account ?