Page 11 of 55 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
13
21
... LastLast
  1. #201
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,557
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    What they should have done is get rid of the ridiculous troll doll human forms and let every race be a Dracthyr. On the character create screen just have a message when hovering over the evoker class that the race you are choosing isn't the actual race but the visage form you are picking and that the actual race is Dracthyr.
    The problem is that Bluzzard would have been called lazy for doing that, and the vast majority of players would have just chosen human or elf anyway.

    We haven’t seen the full customization options of the visage forms yet. I’d hold off judgement until we do.

  2. #202
    Pandaren Monk czarek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    zug zug
    Posts
    1,911
    smaller dragon ? that would be so stupid Just pimp a bit those dractyhrs and its fine.

    ... Smaller dragons thats haha omg hilarious

  3. #203
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    20,101
    Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    DOS 2 lizards have better body proportions and look overall sturdier than Soythyr Dragons they are not tho
    The chest and neck are a bit wider but other wise they’re proportions are almost the exact same and we already know they have making options for wider chest so necks might be the only difference.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  4. #204
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    18,385
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    And you have yet to produce what I asked for. I'm not interested in your opinion. I want a direct statement from Blizzard saying that Dracthyr are not dragons. If you don't have that, you have no argument.
    And I gave you exactly that. Several times over. Blizzard saying dracthyrs are not dragons because they're hybrids. Words from an official video, the deep-dive. But you just continue to ignore that, pretending that video doesn't exist.

    Except Alexstraza is not a Blood Elf.
    I never said she is one, I said she looks like a blood elf, while the female dracthyr looks like a human female. Stop misrepresenting.

    And it is dumb,
    For someone who doesn't like hearing opinions, you sure love to spout yours, don't you?

    which is why Blizzard didn't name their playable dragon race or class "dragon".
    Maybe they didn't name the playable race "dragon" because the race isn't a dragon?

    It's also why you'd be hard pressed to find a race or class called "dragon" in pretty much any RPG.
    So now what others RPGs do matter? We're not talking about other RPGs, we're talking about WoW. But speaking of "any other RPG", you know what we find in many other RPGs? A class named "bard". Food for thought, next time you decide to bring in what other RPGs did/are doing.

    Let me know when you find that Blizzard quote.
    I've already have, and have shown it to you several times over, but you just keep ignoring it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons and as a last, drastic measure.
    Oof...

  5. #205
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    The chest and neck are a bit wider but other wise they’re proportions are almost the exact same and we already know they have making options for wider chest so necks might be the only difference.
    Soythyr have longer torso and legs and narrower shoulders for example. Lizardfucks are stockier than those fuckshits Blizzard made.

  6. #206
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    And I gave you exactly that. Several times over. Blizzard saying dracthyrs are not dragons because they're hybrids. Words from an official video, the deep-dive. But you just continue to ignore that, pretending that video doesn't exist.
    Blizzard calling them hybrids =/= Blizzard saying they are not dragons



    I never said she is one, I said she looks like a blood elf, while the female dracthyr looks like a human female. Stop misrepresenting.
    Human females don’t have pointy ears and dragon horns protruding from their heads.

    Also I notice you’re not saying anything about a Dracthyr being able to resemble Wrathion in visage form.

    Maybe they didn't name the playable race "dragon" because the race isn't a dragon?
    Well Blizzard has referred to the dracthyr as dragons on multiple occasions, so that clearly isn’t true.


    So now what others RPGs do matter? We're not talking about other RPGs, we're talking about WoW. But speaking of "any other RPG", you know what we find in many other RPGs? A class named "bard". Food for thought, next time you decide to bring in what other RPGs did/are doing.
    Wow, you took that entire statement out of context.


    I've already have, and have shown it to you several times over, but you just keep ignoring it.
    Like I said, Blizzard calling them hybrids =/= Blizzard saying they are not dragons.

    Still waiting…..

  7. #207
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    18,385
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Blizzard calling them hybrids =/= Blizzard saying they are not dragons
    It is Blizzard calling them "not dragons" when they specifically mention one of the constituents of the hybridization is of non-dragon origin. And this fact is what you keep ignoring.

    Human females don’t have pointy ears and dragon horns protruding from their heads.
    Human females have distinct body shape, size and animations from blood elves.

    Also I notice you’re not saying anything about a Dracthyr being able to resemble Wrathion in visage form.
    It also doesn't, because Wrathion and Kalecgos look like humans, and don't have all scales permeating the visage form the dracthyr has.

    Well Blizzard has referred to the dracthyr as dragons on multiple occasions, so that clearly isn’t true.
    Not my fault you can't distinguish PR speech from actual deep-dive explanations.

    Wow, you took that entire statement out of context.
    I haven't. You brought up "what RPGs are doing". I simply pointed out how you like to cherry pick "what RPGs are doing".

    Like I said, Blizzard calling them hybrids =/= Blizzard saying they are not dragons.
    And like I demonstrated, you're wrong.

    Still waiting…..
    You mean "still ignoring"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons and as a last, drastic measure.
    Oof...

  8. #208
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    It is Blizzard calling them "not dragons" when they specifically mention one of the constituents of the hybridization is of non-dragon origin. And this fact is what you keep ignoring.
    No they’re not. You’re calling them non-dragons based on your interpretation of the word “hybrid”. Which is beyond stupid because you’re using a real world terminology to describe a fantasy. The dracthyr are hybrids via magic, not through two different organisms having sex and having children. Blizzard themselves have called Dracthyrs dragons on multiple occasions.

    There’s a difference. It’s ridiculous that I even need to explain this to you.

    Human females have distinct body shape, size and animations from blood elves.
    Again though, we’re not dealing with real elves or humans, we’re dealing with dragons interpreting a mortal form.

    It also doesn't, because Wrathion and Kalecgos look like humans, and don't have all scales permeating the visage form the dracthyr has.
    You do know that you don’t have to have scales in the dracthyr visage form right? That’s completely optional.

    Not my fault you can't distinguish PR speech from actual deep-dive explanations.
    So when Blizzard says something that directly contradicts your opinion, it’s just “PR talk”?

    Hilarious.

    Still waiting….

  9. #209
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    What they should have done is get rid of the ridiculous troll doll human forms and let every race be a Dracthyr. On the character create screen just have a message when hovering over the evoker class that the race you are choosing isn't the actual race but the visage form you are picking and that the actual race is Dracthyr.
    That would be awesome. I'd love my Tauren dragon.

    I'd have loved this concept that I've seen people post where you'd have a dragon-themed whatever-race-you-selected. Then let us transform into a big dragon for flight form and cooldowns, but otherwise fight in mortal form that looks as awesome as this:




    Imagine you look this cool, fight with dragon spells and/or melee attacks, and then hit your 3 min cooldown and become a big ass dragon that blasts fire all over to annihilate things.

    Instead..... we are getting furries.

  10. #210
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    Imagine you look this cool, fight with dragon spells and/or melee attacks, and then hit your 3 min cooldown and become a big ass dragon that blasts fire all over to annihilate things.

    Instead..... we are getting furries.
    The DH class may be more what you're looking for

  11. #211
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    18,385
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    No they’re not. You’re calling them non-dragons based on your interpretation of the word “hybrid”.
    I'm not using "my own interpretation of the word". I'm using the actual definition of the word that you find in every single english dictionary in the planet.

    Which is beyond stupid because you’re using a real world terminology to describe a fantasy.
    It doesn't matter if it's a fantasy world, a sci-fi world, or whatever. It still needs to be described to us, and Blizzard has to use the real-world english language to do so, which means using real-world definition for words such as "hybrid".

    The dracthyr are hybrids via magic, not through two different organisms having sex and having children.
    It doesn't matter if the hybridization happened through biology, science or magic. A hybrid is a hybrid. The definition of the word doesn't change regardless of the method used for the hybridization.

    Blizzard themselves have called Dracthyrs dragons on multiple occasions.
    On interviews and when they were trying to hype up the product. In other words: PR speech. It's amusing how you keep ignoring the one time when Blizzard doesn't use PR speech to describe the race.

    There’s a difference.
    Which you apparently insist on not learning.

    Again though, we’re not dealing with real elves or humans, we’re dealing with dragons interpreting a mortal form.
    You're the one bringing up "real elves or humans". You're tossing red herrings to try to dilute the conversation. You're playing semantics here, since no one but you are talking about "real elves or humans".

    You do know that you don’t have to have scales in the dracthyr visage form right? That’s completely optional.
    I'll believe it when I see it. So far, all promotional material showed them with scales and horns.

    So when Blizzard says something that directly contradicts your opinion, it’s just “PR talk”?
    No. When Blizzard developers and CMs are told to perform certain tasks, such as damage control or hype up their products, such as when they're interviewed, PR speech is the norm. That's basic knowledge.

    Still waiting….
    Again: you mean "still ignoring".
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons and as a last, drastic measure.
    Oof...

  12. #212
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    . Blizzard themselves have called Dracthyrs dragons on multiple occasions….
    They also call Cloud Serpents “dragons.” They aren’t. Same for fey dragons. And literally everything in their “Dragon Pack” or whatever were not dragons.

    They use the term in passing a lot more liberally than the actual lore does. And they acknowledge this. You should, too.

  13. #213
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    The problem is that Bluzzard would have been called lazy for doing that, and the vast majority of players would have just chosen human or elf anyway.

    We haven’t seen the full customization options of the visage forms yet. I’d hold off judgement until we do.
    How would people call Blizzard lazy for giving every race and future race a new class(race)? There's literally only 2 dragons that show any dragon aspects in their visage forms and one of them only started showing horns after the Cataclysm occurred. You could also argue that because Ysera and Alexstrasza have headpieces them showing their horns is intended to appear as part of their crowns/tiara. They could disable the racial traits of the "race" you pick and have the racial traits tied into the Dracthyr "class". It's much more lazy to slap some ugly shit on a female human and male elf and call it good.

  14. #214
    I would of prefered to play the welps model over the trash they gave us

    Quote Originally Posted by Clarinet View Post
    foxxy is basically no longer a fox - more like a badger this game

  15. #215
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,557
    Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    They also call Cloud Serpents “dragons.” They aren’t. Same for fey dragons. And literally everything in their “Dragon Pack” or whatever were not dragons.

    They use the term in passing a lot more liberally than the actual lore does. And they acknowledge this. You should, too.
    So a magical winged reptile creature with high intelligence that breathes fire and has the powers of the dragonflights isn’t a dragon?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I'm not using "my own interpretation of the word". I'm using the actual definition of the word that you find in every single english dictionary in the planet.
    So again, where did Blizzard say that a creature created by magically combining the essences of dragons and the adaptability of mortals could not be a dragon?

  16. #216
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    18,385
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    So again, where did Blizzard say that a creature created by magically combining the essences of dragons and the adaptability of mortals could not be a dragon?
    It doesn't work that way. By the english definition of the word "hybrid", the result of a hybridization cannot be the same type as one of its constituents, when both constituents are of different types. But if you want to claim that Blizzard is using a different definition of the word, then it's up to you to show where Blizzard specifically said that they're using a different definition for the word "hybrid". And considering the explanation given in the deep-dive, they are using the standard definition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons and as a last, drastic measure.
    Oof...

  17. #217
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    But if you want to claim that Blizzard is using a different definition of the word, then it's up to you to show where Blizzard specifically said that they're using a different definition for the word "hybrid".
    You mean other than Blizzard calling this hybrid a dragon over and over again in multiple interviews?

  18. #218
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    18,385
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    You mean other than Blizzard calling this hybrid a dragon over and over again in multiple interviews?
    Since you just keep parroting the same argument, I'll just quote myself to save time:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    All demonstrated to likely be PR speech and yet in the one video where they say things as they are, because it's the deep-dive, they specifically mention the dracthyr are hybrids of dragons and non-dragons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    On interviews and when they were trying to hype up the product. In other words: PR speech. It's amusing how you keep ignoring the one time when Blizzard doesn't use PR speech to describe the race.

    No. When Blizzard developers and CMs are told to perform certain tasks, such as damage control or hype up their products, such as when they're interviewed, PR speech is the norm. That's basic knowledge.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2022-06-18 at 04:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons and as a last, drastic measure.
    Oof...

  19. #219
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Since you just keep parroting the same debunked argument, I'll just quote myself to save time:
    You can show him all the wowpedia pages, link him dictionary definitions, show him how Faerie dragons aren't dragons even though they are called dragons, explain science to him, show him quotes from the devs saying they are draconic and not dragons, get Ion to specifically state they are not dragons, have the actual expansion explain they aren't all you want but he's just going to keep saying "But they said dragon!"
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2022-06-18 at 04:24 AM.

  20. #220
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Since you just keep parroting the same argument, I'll just quote myself to save time:
    Yes, a quote from yourself. I’m waiting for a quote from a Blizzard developer. Again, I’m not interested in your opinion.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    How would people call Blizzard lazy for giving every race and future race a new class(race)?
    Because this audience has shown the desire to complain about anything. People would demand more than just the ability to play any race. They would want those races to also have customizable options like what the visage forms are getting.

    There's literally only 2 dragons that show any dragon aspects in their visage forms and one of them only started showing horns after the Cataclysm occurred. You could also argue that because Ysera and Alexstrasza have headpieces them showing their horns is intended to appear as part of their crowns/tiara.
    Incorrect. Wrathion has burning red eyes, which indicates his true nature, and Kalecgos has blue hair, which humans can’t have unless they’re of the blue Dragonflight.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •