Page 13 of 55 FirstFirst ...
3
11
12
13
14
15
23
... LastLast
  1. #241
    Aren't Dracthyr supposed to be the dragon for the Dragon riding feature ?

  2. #242
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    No, they are not the same. And they are functionally different like "wet" and "dry" are different. The whole point of PR speech is to be able to generate as much hype or soothe doubts as possible without lying.
    keep digging...

    Anyone can avoid these confusions by visiting the wowpedia page in which the community is checking sources and references. You will find the answer closer to the truth there.

    So no need to try and discredit the devs that are trying their best to explain the content of their game to ungrateful people such as yourself who cannot even take responsibility for his words...
    Last edited by Skildar; 2022-06-18 at 11:32 PM.

  3. #243
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    18,326
    Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    So no need to try and discredit the devs that are trying their best to explain the content of their game to ungrateful people such as yourself who cannot even take responsibility for his words...
    I'm not the one "discrediting" anything. Go watch the deep dive video where Blizzard unambiguously calls them "hybrids of dragons and non-dragons". I hope you also know the definition of the word hybrid and what hybridization means.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    So if the whole point is not to lie then how can you say the Dracthyr aren't dragons when they continuously say that they are in multiple different ways?
    Because of PR speech. When they say "you can play as a dragon" they mean you can play as a draconic race, as close as you can be of dragons without actually being dragons. You can pretend to be a dragon with the dracthyr. Just like you can pretend to be a Wildhammer dwarf as a hill dwarf.

    They only feel like lies if you take those words at face value and fail to recognize how this is all about hyping up the product.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons and as a last, drastic measure.
    Oof...

  4. #244
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    20,070
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Because of PR speech. When they say "you can play as a dragon" they mean you can play as a draconic race, as close as you can be of dragons without actually being dragons. You can pretend to be a dragon with the dracthyr. Just like you can pretend to be a Wildhammer dwarf as a hill dwarf.

    They only feel like lies if you take those words at face value and fail to recognize how this is all about hyping up the product.
    That's just a lie no matter how you try and dress it up, to quote one of my favorite games. No matter how tender, how exquisite, a lie will remain a lie.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  5. #245
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I'm not the one "discrediting" anything. Go watch the deep dive video where Blizzard unambiguously calls them "hybrids of dragons and non-dragons". I hope you also know the definition of the word hybrid and what hybridization means.
    I don't know why you feel like this but if you had taken the time to follow my tip then you would have read this :
    The dracthyr are an ancient race of humanoid dragonkin.They have the ability to wield the magic of all five primary dragonflights as evokers
    Yes these creatures are dragonkin using dragon powers, etc. The devs aren't lying to you, they're not tricking you either. There isn't any need for such negativity.
    Last edited by Skildar; 2022-06-19 at 12:32 AM.

  6. #246
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I'm not the one "discrediting" anything. Go watch the deep dive video where Blizzard unambiguously calls them "hybrids of dragons and non-dragons". I hope you also know the definition of the word hybrid and what hybridization means.
    Which is not true.

    Blizzard never says “non-dragon”, and has never said “non-dragon” when referring to the Dracthyr.

  7. #247
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    18,326
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    That's just a lie no matter how you try and dress it up,
    It's not. Okay. Like I said: if you view all PR speech as "lies", that's on you.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    I don't know why you feel like this but if you had taken the time to follow my tip then you would have read this :


    Yes these creatures are dragonkin using dragon powers, etc. The devs aren't lying to you, they're not tricking you either. There isn't any need for such negativity.
    And your post addresses in nothing the conversation, since we're not talking about "using dragon powers".

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Which is not true.

    Blizzard never says “non-dragon”, and has never said “non-dragon” when referring to the Dracthyr.
    It is absolutely true. Blizzard says that the dracthyr are a result of merging dragon essences with essences of the mortals. And since Blizzard separates both "dragon" and "mortals", then that means those mortals are not dragons.

    Go watch the fucking video and stop lying. The more you talk, the more it becomes evidence that you haven't even bothered to watch the video.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons and as a last, drastic measure.
    Oof...

  8. #248
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    It is absolutely true. Blizzard says that the dracthyr are a result of merging dragon essences with essences of the mortals. And since Blizzard separates both "dragon" and "mortals", then that means those mortals are not dragons.

    Go watch the fucking video and stop lying. The more you talk, the more it becomes evidence that you haven't even bothered to watch the video.
    Again, Blizzard calling the Dracthyr hybrids is not them saying they’re non-dragons. This entire argument is nothing more than your ridiculous opinion versus Blizzard ACTUALLY calling the Dracthyr dragons.

  9. #249
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Not the same color hair:






    Again, Wrathion’s eyes are literally fire, and swirl around. Neither Sylvanas or Nathanos’ eyes do that effect.



    Ironic.
    First off again he isn't human. His form is half human half elf. Second it doesn't have to be identical. Jaina has a hair color humans can't make.

    Show me wrathions eyes being completely different. Show me Ebonhorns eyes doing the same thing. You can't.



    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post

    No, it is dishonesty, plain and simple, made clear when he made that absurd claim about D&D players that play dragonborn characters. Either that, or he has such a warped and distorted view of reality that he needs help.
    Given his last response to literal images proving him wrong I think its pretty safe to assume he is mentally ill otherwise he would just change troll topics.

  10. #250
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    20,070
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    It's not. Okay. Like I said: if you view all PR speech as "lies", that's on you.
    Yes viewing a lie as a lie is on me just like you pretending it's not a lie is on you.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2022-06-19 at 01:13 AM.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  11. #251
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Go watch the fucking video and stop lying. The more you talk, the more it becomes evidence that you haven't even bothered to watch the video.
    Rather than asking for the impossible, it'd probably easier to do the work yourself. That way you'd have a quote, a timestamp, and more importantly, the ability to say you have actual evidence to compete with Teriz's lack of. This back-and-forth is a bit tiring so rather than arguing against a wall, you could show outsiders looking in.

  12. #252
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Rather than asking for the impossible, it'd probably easier to do the work yourself. That way you'd have a quote, a timestamp, and more importantly, the ability to say you have actual evidence to compete with Teriz's lack of. This back-and-forth is a bit tiring so rather than arguing against a wall, you could show outsiders looking in.
    LoL! You don’t get it do you? Ielenia’s argument is that Blizzard called the Dracthyr hybrids, which in Ielenia’s mind means that they cannot be dragons. That is a view that Blizzard has never stated in the history of Warcraft. Thus it’s nothing more than Ielenia’s opinion.

    It’s laughable that you say I haven’t provided any evidence when only a few posts up, I posted multiple devs stating quite plainly that Dracthyr are dragons.

    So once again, it’s Blizzard vs Ielenia’s opinion.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    First off again he isn't human. His form is half human half elf. Second it doesn't have to be identical. Jaina has a hair color humans can't make.
    Cool. Show me a half elf, half human with the same color hair as Kalecgos.

    Show me wrathions eyes being completely different. Show me Ebonhorns eyes doing the same thing. You can't.
    Watch the cutscene where Wrathion talks with Anduin about Nzoth. Then watch a cutscene with Nathanos or Sylvanas. Their eyes aren’t close to being the same.

    I never said anything about Ebonhorne.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-06-19 at 01:23 AM.

  13. #253
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    18,326
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Again, Blizzard calling the Dracthyr hybrids is not them saying they’re non-dragons.
    Again, you are objectively wrong: when Blizzard says the dracthyr are hybrids of dragons and non-dragons, they absolutely saying the dracthyr are not dragons. That is the meaning of the word "hybrid" the nature of a hybridization process. The whole idea being "hybridization" is that the result is of a different type than its consitutents.

    This entire argument is nothing more than your ridiculous opinion versus Blizzard ACTUALLY calling the Dracthyr dragons.
    It's not an opinion. It's a fact. Blizzard has said the dracthyr are not dragons when they say they're the result of a hybridization process between dragons and non-dragons.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Yes viewing a lie as a lie is on me
    Glad you agree. Good day.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Rather than asking for the impossible, it'd probably easier to do the work yourself. That way you'd have a quote, a timestamp, and more importantly, the ability to say you have actual evidence to compete with Teriz's lack of. This back-and-forth is a bit tiring so rather than arguing against a wall, you could show outsiders looking in.
    30 minutes, 48 seconds in:

    "[Neltharion] took the essence of dragons, their strength, their nobility, their wisdom, and he combined it with that scrappiness, that adaptability that the mortal races had"

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    LoL! You don’t get it do you? Ielenia’s argument is that Blizzard called the Dracthyr hybrids, which in Ielenia’s mind means that they cannot be dragons. That is a view that Blizzard has never stated in the history of Warcraft. Thus it’s nothing more than Ielenia’s opinion.

    It’s laughable that you say I haven’t provided any evidence when only a few posts up, I posted multiple devs stating quite plainly that Dracthyr are dragons.

    So once again, it’s Blizzard vs Ielenia’s opinion.
    It's not "in my mind" or "my opinion". That is the default definition of the word "hybrid" and the hybridization process.

    It's amusing how you always call facts that go against your narrative "opinions".
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons and as a last, drastic measure.
    Oof...

  14. #254
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Again, you are objectively wrong: when Blizzard says the dracthyr are hybrids of dragons and non-dragons, they absolutely saying the dracthyr are not dragons. That is the meaning of the word "hybrid" the nature of a hybridization process. The whole idea being "hybridization" is that the result is of a different type than its consitutents.
    For the last time:

    Please post a direct quote from Blizzard where they say the following: “Dracthyr are non-dragons”.

  15. #255
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    18,326
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    For the last time:

    Please post a direct quote from Blizzard where they say the following: “Dracthyr are non-dragons”.
    For the umpteenth time: I have already posted, many times already, of Blizzard explaining through A + B how the dracthyr are not dragons due to being a result of a hybridization process. You just keep ignoring that fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons and as a last, drastic measure.
    Oof...

  16. #256
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    For the umpteenth time: I have already posted, many times already, of Blizzard explaining through A + B how the dracthyr are not dragons due to being a result of a hybridization process. You just keep ignoring that fact.
    Isn’t it amazing that we can find multiple quotes from devs explicitly saying that dracthyr are dragons, yet you can’t find a SINGLE quote saying the opposite?

    Let’s try this one:

    Please post a direct quote from Blizzard where they say the following: “a hybrid cannot be a dragon”.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-06-19 at 03:23 AM.

  17. #257
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    18,326
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Isn’t it amazing that we can find multiple quotes from devs explicitly saying that dracthyr are dragons, yet you can’t find a SINGLE quote saying the opposite?
    Isn't it amazing that you can take PR speech at face value, yet you completely ignore the one time that Blizzard explains things in detail in the deep-dive video?

    Let’s try this one:
    [B]
    Please post a [u]direct quote [/u]from Blizzard where they say the following: “a hybrid cannot be a dragon”.[/B]
    And I'll repeat for the umpteenth time: it doesn't work that way. Stop trying to flip the burden of proof here. You're trying to make the claim that Blizzard is taking the real-world word "hybrid" and giving it a different meaning than its real-world definition, then it's up to you to show that evidence. To show, in your own words, Blizzard saying "we're using the word 'hybrid' differently than its real-world meaning".

    And if said evidence does not exist, then it means that Blizzard is using the actual definition of the word, which means that a hybrid of a dragon and a non-dragon cannot be a dragon by the very definition of "hybridization". If you mix a dragon with a different race-- for example, the tauren-- the result is a new race that is neither dragon nor tauren. It's a new race that may or may not have certain traits from both "parents", but it's still a whole new race. It's literally "A + B = C", yet you're saying that somehow it's "A + B = A"
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons and as a last, drastic measure.
    Oof...

  18. #258
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post


    Cool. Show me a half elf, half human with the same color hair as Kalecgos.



    Watch the cutscene where Wrathion talks with Anduin about Nzoth. Then watch a cutscene with Nathanos or Sylvanas. Their eyes aren’t close to being the same.

    I never said anything about Ebonhorne.
    Both Elves and humans can have blue hair. And we don't know what type of elf the other half of his form is. Or are you saying half elves lose the ability to have blue hair?

    You stated the red eyes of Wrathion is him having dragon aspects into his human form and yet Ebonhorn doesn't have any and other people in game who aren't dragons have red eyes as well. Why doesn't Sabellian, Onyxia, Ebonhorn, Nefarian, Sinestra, Fahrad, Nalice, and Serinar have glowing fire eyes in human form?

    Kinda funny you are asking for multiple half elves to have blue hair to show its possible when you are trying to claim Wrathions eyes as a dragon trait when I just listed a fuckload of black dragons who don't have those eyes.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2022-06-19 at 06:57 AM.

  19. #259
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    And I'll repeat for the umpteenth time: it doesn't work that way. Stop trying to flip the burden of proof here. You're trying to make the claim that Blizzard is taking the real-world word "hybrid" and giving it a different meaning than its real-world definition, then it's up to you to show that evidence. To show, in your own words, Blizzard saying "we're using the word 'hybrid' differently than its real-world meaning".
    Yeah, they do that by calling Dracthyr dragons multiple times in multiple interviews, NEVER stating that Dracthyr are non-dragons as you falsely state in your posts. Thus indicating that to them, a hybrid can in fact be a dragon.

    You personally believing the opposite is nothing more than your opinion that real world rules and definitions should apply to a mythical creature and a fantasy game.

    We’re done here.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Both Elves and humans can have blue hair. And we don't know what type of elf the other half of his form is. Or are you saying half elves lose the ability to have blue hair?
    Uh, he’s not an elf or human at all, he’s a dragon pretending to be a mortal. Again, show me a half elf/human with bright blue hair that isn’t a dragon in disguise.

    You stated the red eyes of Wrathion is him having dragon aspects into his human form and yet Ebonhorn doesn't have any and other people in game who aren't dragons have red eyes as well. Why doesn't Sabellian, Onyxia, Ebonhorn, Nefarian, Sinestra, Fahrad, Nalice, and Serinar have glowing fire eyes in human form?
    Every dragon doesn’t show their draconic attributes the same way. Some hide them fully, others make it known. Ebonhorne is an example of the former, since he wanted to blend in with the Tauren who protected him. Onyxia is another example, since she used her visage form for infiltration into the higher levels of Stormwind nobility.

    Wrathion in an example of the latter, since he is proud of his heritage and wants to openly display it via burning red eyes.



    They’re all Black dragons.

    Kinda funny you are asking for multiple half elves to have blue hair to show its possible when you are trying to claim Wrathions eyes as a dragon trait when I just listed a fuckload of black dragons who don't have those eyes.
    You seem to not understand that dragons take visage forms for different reasons, and thus have different ways of showing, or not showing their draconic background. Your inability to show any half elves/humans with hair like Kalecgos is another example of a dragon showing off their true nature while in visage form.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-06-19 at 01:21 PM.

  20. #260
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yeah, they do that by calling Dracthyr dragons multiple times in multiple interviews, NEVER stating that Dracthyr are non-dragons as you falsely state in your posts. Thus indicating that to them, a hybrid can in fact be a dragon.
    Draconic-hybrids are arguably dragons per what they have stated. They just look horrible and lazy.


    Amusing you changed your avatar..... got tired of the new class not living up to that picture?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •