Page 19 of 55 FirstFirst ...
9
17
18
19
20
21
29
... LastLast
  1. #361
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Uh, it’s the first expansion feature mentioned, and yes there is a picture;

    https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/pro...t-dragonflight
    It's not the same paged I linked tho.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    Thanks I was about to upload pictures asking this person if they're blind, I'm glad Blizz are going ahead with not changing Dracthyr I'm also more excited knowing they're coming this year!
    Don't worry. They will change them if they know what's good for the game.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    All I wanted was to be able to play either as an actual dragon (even if I couldn't take on a huge dragon form), or as a drakonid, who look very cool (and have been a staple of WoW since day 1).

    Instead, we get anorexic lizards that look way more like winged real-life salamanders than actual dragons.
    Nailed it. They look exactly like you described them.

  2. #362
    Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    It's not the same paged I linked tho.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Don't worry. They will change them if they know what's good for the game.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Nailed it. They look exactly like you described them.
    I'm not worried, there's nothing wrong with how they look and people actually playing the game are looking forward to them.

  3. #363
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yes, but it’s a fantasy dictated by them, not the whims of a cynical user-base. They ultimately decide what goes in the game, not any of us. Accept that, or move along.
    You do realize you have your "whims of a cynical user" linked in your signature where you petitioned Blizzard to make a dragon class to your liking? That is ignoring all of your "make Tinkers!" threads.


    Just because YOU are ok with what Blizzard has presented, doesn't mean everyone else is and that they don't have every right to try to fight for something they would actually like in the game. Its called feedback. Blizzard presents something, their "cynical user-base" provides them FEEDBACK, and they decide what to do with it.

    Then we decide whether we pay for it. Given the rediculous loss in subscribers over the past few years, Blizzard could do with more listening to their "cynical user-base".




    Also, as to the thread. I agree. Real dragons please.

  4. #364
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    I'm not worried, there's nothing wrong with how they look and people actually playing the game are looking forward to them.
    Pretty much everything is wrong with them. Soythyr aesthetically don't fit dragon adjacent race in WoW. I see more negative opinions than positive ones.

  5. #365
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,490
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    Just because YOU are ok with what Blizzard has presented, doesn't mean everyone else is and that they don't have every right to try to fight for something they would actually like in the game.
    Of course they do. However, there comes a point where they need to realize that the fight is over.

    We’ve reached that point in this case. We’re never getting a dragon race to their liking, we’re getting the dracthyr as they are.

    So it’s time to either accept it, or move along.

  6. #366
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Of course they do. However, there comes a point where they need to realize that the fight is over.

    We’ve reached that point in this case. We’re never getting a dragon race to their liking, we’re getting the dracthyr as they are.

    So it’s time to either accept it, or move along.
    Outside of like 3-4 of you guys in this thread, everyone else disagrees.

    That would like saying "you need to accept that people don't like this new race offering and just accept it and stop posting to EVERYONE that has ANYTHING to say about it".

    I know you won't. And I accept that. Still won't make me like these lizardmen.




    ...... AND, if there is enough people saying "if you want my money, you need to make changes"...... Change can happen.

  7. #367
    Pit Lord Lady Atia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    2,350
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    Isn't WoW literally a fantasy world? Created by people who could change it tomorrow?

    People hoping that Blizzard will course correct and make something worthwhile..... crazy I know..... but it should give Blizzard pause and maybe make them think to at least provide more options than they previously intended. (for example simply adding more visage races would make alot of people happy and show they are 'listening' without really costing them much work)


    As far as your claim of tranphobia..... if I was really into Star Wars, and the work I produced looked like Darth Vader, and people pointed it out..... would they be StarWarsphobic? Or simply correct?

    phobia indicates fear and/or hate of something..... that doesn't apply to people simply saying "I notice something and don't want it in the thing I like. Please change the thing you are adding so it doesn't look like X"...... unless you add "Cause I hate and/or fear that thing and it should be killed because of that".


    Following your logic, one could say you are "Goodlookingdragonsphobic", but I guess it sounds rediculous when you point ou the irony.
    What did I just read there. Oh man. Pointing out that Dracthyr should be changed because they are "too trans" is exactly that - transphobic. There is literally no point to defend that view ...

  8. #368
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,490
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    Outside of like 3-4 of you guys in this thread, everyone else disagrees.

    That would like saying "you need to accept that people don't like this new race offering and just accept it and stop posting to EVERYONE that has ANYTHING to say about it".

    I know you won't. And I accept that. Still won't make me like these lizardmen.




    ...... AND, if there is enough people saying "if you want my money, you need to make changes"...... Change can happen.
    Well hey, here’s to hoping that you find something to your liking in the next expansion. Good luck.

  9. #369
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    What did I just read there. Oh man. Pointing out that Dracthyr should be changed because they are "too trans" is exactly that - transphobic. There is literally no point to defend that view ...
    I think they should be changed because they are ugly and look nothing like dragons to me. (thread reply)

    But your argument basically boils down to "everything is -phobic because I don't have a good argument".

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Well hey, here’s to hoping that you find something to your liking in the next expansion. Good luck.
    I'd like them to make my bear feel good to play, or to make other tanks I enjoy feel better. I'd really like their talent redesign to fix some of the oddities with Demon Hunters and actually make me like that class. For me, without a tank spec, your lizards aren't a viable option for me. I have never leveled a Priest and these just feel like Priests to me.

    However, I certainly want them to make these Dracthyr look better, if I'm going to have to see a bunch of them in game. I won't be shocked if they aren't that popular, given the one spec and limited race, and that is setting aside how they look. Hopefully they can make them have enough options to satisfy a wider range of what people want in a dragon class.

  10. #370
    Dracthyr will obviously be the least played race in the game, since they only have one class available. Evoker will obviously be the least played class in the game, since it's available only to one race.

    We'll see how much the Human and Void elf model can carry this race.

  11. #371
    I think the problem is, we have all of the RESTRICTIONS that would come with something like a completely exclusive model, but none of the benefits.

    If you're literally going to make them "scaley humans", then there is NO reason for them not to be able to wear armor.

    But personally, I would be a lot more excited to just embrace the DRAGON aspect of them, treat them like Druid-forms and say "okay, they can't wear armor, but they ACTUALLY look like fucking DRAGONS". And maybe the occasional Cosmetic/Appearance option thrown their way for certain accomplishments (ie. maybe you unlock a new Scale color for completing a Tier-set, or new Horns for completing Dragonwrath, etc).

    And honestly, if they actually looked like ACTUAL Dragons, I also don't think people would have the same beef with the Evoker class being locked solely to the Dracthyr. Because at that point, it would MAKE SENSE. The problem is, if "scaley humans" can cast all these spells and all of their animations are clearly human-like, then theoretically they could work for any other race. Similarly, they have two hands free, they could easily pick up weapons to use as other classes as well.

    But again, if they're ACTUAL Dragons, then it becomes much more understandable. Nobody would expect a dragon to "dual-wield daggers" as a Rogue, or use bows and guns as a Hunter, or even wield a 2hand weapon or sword-and-board as a Warrior. And I also think the idea of a fully-playable DRAGON is incredibly exciting!

  12. #372
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    18,351
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Anyone hoping that Blizzard was going to fundamentally change the Dracthyr before release were living in a fantasy world. Especially with all the transphobic garbage coming from some of the critiques.
    Some people being transphobic does not invalidate the opinions of everyone else who don't like how the dracthyr look.

    Also, many of the changes that happened in WoW, design- and gameplay-wise, were influenced by public opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons and as a last, drastic measure.
    Oof...

  13. #373
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,490
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Dracthyr will obviously be the least played race in the game, since they only have one class available. Evoker will obviously be the least played class in the game, since it's available only to one race.

    We'll see how much the Human and Void elf model can carry this race.
    I couldn’t disagree more. I forsee the Dracthyrs Evoker being among the top three classes for years to come, and the classes popularity is going to power the race’s population.

  14. #374
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I couldn’t disagree more. I forsee the Dracthyrs Evoker being among the top three classes for years to come, and the classes popularity is going to power the race’s population.
    Can I ask you something? Why do you defend the Drakthyrs so vehemently? I mean, they're not what you wanted. You wanted a sexy humanoid warrior ala Wrathion who can also turn into a full dragon, not anorexic lizards. At least based on those threads in your signature.

    Regardless, it's not hard to foresee that the most exclusive race/class in the game will also be the least played.

  15. #375
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Can I ask you something? Why do you defend the Drakthyrs so vehemently? I mean, they're not what you wanted. You wanted a sexy humanoid warrior ala Wrathion who can also turn into a full dragon, not anorexic lizards. At least based on those threads in your signature.

    Regardless, it's not hard to foresee that the most exclusive race/class in the game will also be the least played.
    He LOVES to argue.

    Like, alot.

    99% of the posters take one side, he will take the other. He loves arguing that much.


    I'd say he was shooting to get employment off his support of the new class (since by his post frequency he can't have a job), but I think it just boils down to "everyone hates this, I LOVE IT, COME AT ME BRO"

  16. #376
    Bloodsail Admiral Nightshade711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Location
    Argus
    Posts
    1,097
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Dracthyr will obviously be the least played race in the game, since they only have one class available. Evoker will obviously be the least played class in the game, since it's available only to one race.

    We'll see how much the Human and Void elf model can carry this race.
    Agreed.
    The only reason why they’d even be above Mechagnomes is because the class because every class will always have an initial surge in popularity because people will want to see how it plays.

    Same happened to Monks and they’re not all too popular nowadays.

  17. #377
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    18,351
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Of course they do. However, there comes a point where they need to realize that the fight is over.

    We’ve reached that point in this case. We’re never getting a dragon race to their liking, we’re getting the dracthyr as they are.

    So it’s time to either accept it, or move along.
    You don't get to dictate where that point is, or even if it exists. As an example, those who wanted playable high elves in the Alliance didn't stop even after the asspull void elves were introduced, and eventually Blizzard introduced the choice to pick fair skin and blue eyes for void elves, effectively giving high elves to the Alliance thanks to the high elf community still asking for high elves even after BfA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons and as a last, drastic measure.
    Oof...

  18. #378
    Bloodsail Admiral Nightshade711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Location
    Argus
    Posts
    1,097
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Can I ask you something? Why do you defend the Drakthyrs so vehemently? I mean, they're not what you wanted. You wanted a sexy humanoid warrior ala Wrathion who can also turn into a full dragon, not anorexic lizards. At least based on those threads in your signature.

    Regardless, it's not hard to foresee that the most exclusive race/class in the game will also be the least played.
    Copium probably.
    Didn’t get actual dragons. (which blizzard confirmed they are humanoid dragonkin on the preorder website)

    Even though he swore up and down for entire threads blizzard would never do a humanoid dragonkin race and even outright said that people that like D&D Dragonborn and similar races like them for the furry aesthetic.

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Want to know why Dragonborne are so popular? Because people who dig furries have pretty much applied the exact same aesthetic to DnD's dragon races. For example;



    That's a dragon race character in DnD.
    Last edited by Nightshade711; 2022-06-22 at 06:43 PM.

  19. #379
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,490
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Can I ask you something? Why do you defend the Drakthyrs so vehemently? I mean, they're not what you wanted. You wanted a sexy humanoid warrior ala Wrathion who can also turn into a full dragon, not anorexic lizards. At least based on those threads in your signature.
    See my sig. the only difference is dragons on their hind legs, an elf/human centric visage form, and the lack of a tank spec. Everything else is exactly what I wanted, and I don’t mind a bipedal dragon form versus a four legged one.

    Regardless, it's not hard to foresee that the most exclusive race/class in the game will also be the least played.
    You’re grossly underestimating the popularity of a dragon class.

  20. #380
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    18,351
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Even though he swore up and down for entire threads blizzard would never do a humanoid dragonkin race and even outright said that people that like D&D Dragonborn and similar races like them for the furry aesthetic.
    Worst part is: that isn't even a picture of a D&D dragonborn character. Just an OC of a japanese (I think) artist from the Pixiv website.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons and as a last, drastic measure.
    Oof...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •